Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool -> AD Alcorcon)

Read 264995 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Daniel Pacheco Player Thread
      Reply #1771: Sep 26, 2012 10:16:33 pm
      Great night for Dani.
      Lovely touch at the end with the shirt.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1772: Sep 26, 2012 10:51:59 pm
      Much better from Dani tonight and I believe that is simply because he was less isolated this time, something that the coaching staff have possibly addressed.
      My opinion of Dani has been a bit up and down over the years, I thought he was brilliant at first and was craying out for him to play then it seemed like his chance had passed and perhaps he was never quite going to fulfil his potential. I'm more optimistic again now though.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1773: Sep 26, 2012 11:00:55 pm
      Started off quiet, but grew into the game and was one of our best players in the second half. Lovely touches, including one beauty just before a nice shot that hit the bar.

He looked really up for it, really hunger as if he thinks that that 3rd attacking midfield spot at the weeked could be his if he played well enough tonight. Great enthusiasm.

Nice touch there at the end too, especially for a young lad to do.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1774: Sep 26, 2012 11:10:38 pm
      Nice touch there at the end too, especially for a young lad to do.

Missed that, I had to leave for work.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1775: Sep 27, 2012 01:21:45 pm
      That was the Dani all the hype was about. He was brilliant. Moved the ball on and tracked back excellently.

Also, giving his shirt to a handicapped kid after the game is very touching. Great lad.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #1776: Sep 27, 2012 02:29:41 pm
      Whether it was because some of the new boys were in or that we played so well I'm not sure but I hadn't even noticed how much of a contribution he had made in the game before I watched the compilation of his game last night. Worked hard all night, definitely ran out of legs around 65ish but until then he was alot closer to MOM than I would have given him credit for.  Good shift in and lets hope he can kick on now.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1777: Sep 28, 2012 05:44:10 pm
      Daniel Pacheco ‏@dani37pacheco

I'm not in the squad for Norwich. I would've loved to be at carrow road tomorrow. All the best to you yellows after tomorrow :).

Honestly, don't understand this. Thought he definitely deserved a place after Wednesday.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1778: Sep 28, 2012 06:14:13 pm
      Yeh unlucky not to make the squad,but he's gone from the scrap heap to paying a role so he's gotta work even harder and push on

Next Europa game he's gotta play even better and force his way into the squad
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #1779: Oct 04, 2012 06:39:32 am
      Not involved vs Udinese, I cannot understand why!?
      He has played well and is one of our most creative players and has goals in him, why don;t we play him? He's the only player in the squad who hasn't got a chance after a good performance.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1780: Oct 12, 2012 09:52:10 am
      Dani: This could be my chance
      12th Oct 2012 - Latest News

Daniel Pacheco believes 2012-13 could be a defining season in his fledgling Liverpool career – and the forward is determined to make sure he's in prime condition to ensure he's ready to capitalise on any chances that come his way.

The Spaniard has made two first-team appearances so far this season and has watched on as fellow youngsters such as Raheem Sterling, Suso and Andre Wisdom have established themselves as key components in Brendan Rodgers' squad.

Pacheco remains confident he can follow in their footsteps and has explained why he is aiming to use every single training session at Melwood as a chance to catch the eye of the manager.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: "I am trying to work very hard to get into the team. I've played a few games and I think I did quite well, so hopefully by working every day and playing in games with the U21s, I can get back into the team and play a few more games.

"I hope this is a new opportunity for me. I want to try my best. We have already seen he is giving a chance to the youngsters, so hopefully I will get one in the next few games.

"I think every season is a crucial season for everyone, but maybe because I haven't played that many games in the last seasons, maybe this is the one I can break into the first team - and I'll try my best to try and make that happen."

The video you selected is only available to LFCTV Online members. You are now watching our Preview video, login or click here to sign up.

Dani: This could be my chance
      Pacheco has revealed how he has held talks with Rodgers to determine what role he can play this season - and the 21-year-old was left encouraged by the outcome.

He said: "We've spoken about my situation. In the summer, I was supposed to go on loan to Spain but it didn't happen.

"I went to talk to him and he was very honest with me. He said he would treat me as a professional and an adult. He has given me the chance to try and impress him - so now it is my job to try to do my best.

"His style is definitely a style that suits me. It's the way we like to play in Spain and I've been playing all of my life. We have shown already we are playing good football and I am sure the results will come."

Pacheco's last first-team appearance came in the 2-1 League Cup third-round victory over West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns.

The No.12 turned in an encouraging display in the Midlands and was pleased with his night's work.

"It was a lovely feeling," said Pacheco. "It was a great game for us. We played with quite a few youngsters and to beat West Brom, who had many of their first-team players, was a great night for us. With many of our fans also travelling down to the game, it was a night to remember."

The travelling fans clearly left an impression on Pacheco, who gave his match-worn boots to a Kopite following the final whistle.

He continued: "I thought the fans were great. I didn't expect that many fans to be there on a cold, rainy Tuesday night for a League Cup game.

"In Spain, that many fans travelling away would never happen. I haven't played many games for Liverpool away on these kind of nights, so I was quite impressed with how they were supporting us - even when we were losing 1-0 at the start of the game.

"I thought about going to them and throwing them my shirt. I was going to throw it into the crowd, but then I saw a guy in a wheelchair, so I went straight to him to give him my boots."

Pacheco has been representing Liverpool's U21 side in recent weeks, most recently in Monday's 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium.

It's something he sees as an opportunity to bolster his first-team chances.

He explained: "It is massive. When you are in the first team, it could be easy to drop to the reserves and be lazy, but that is a mistake.

"When you drop down to the reserves, you need to show why you are training with the first team and why you want to get into the team.

"When you drop to the reserves, you drop another player who has been training every single day with them to the bench. He thinks he is going to play until one day before the game when I drop down, so I need to show him I want to play in the first team. "

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/dani-this-could-be-my-chance

aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #1781: Oct 12, 2012 11:31:20 am
      Love Dani , praying he does get a chance.

Good lad and one of us.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1782: Oct 12, 2012 11:40:37 am
      Just his pace off the bench could be an asset to us this season.

Would love him to make it after all the hype, then subsequent downfall and lack of an impact made in Spain.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1783: Oct 12, 2012 02:59:14 pm
      I like Pacheco a lot as a person. If I'm not mistaken, he does a ton of work with LFC's community outreach right?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1784: Oct 20, 2012 01:30:04 am
      I like Pacheco a lot as a person. If I'm not mistaken, he does a ton of work with LFC's community outreach right?
      Yup.
      Always quick to have photos taken with fans.
      Gave his jersey to a disabled fan after the last cup game against WBA.
      redcod81
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #1785: Oct 20, 2012 12:36:03 pm
      Cracking goal that  :) I've always liked Dani but he never seems to get a fair crack at the first team and it seems Yesil  has leap frogged him in the pecking order now . Also we have Sterling ,Suso and Assaidi  ahead of him in the wide positions .He just has to shine in the cup games when he gets a chance ,thought he did well against West Brom last time out .
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #1786: Oct 22, 2012 06:54:41 am
      Hope to see him shine in one of these cup games so. Get some goals or assists in a cup game lad and force BR to play you...
      I like him much and think he can bring something special to the team and he is a striker too, we lack strikers and Pacheco knows how to score for sure, he just needs to be excellent in one game (it's difficult, since he rarely plays) and then BR will be forced to play him.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1787: Oct 25, 2012 03:12:22 pm
      Well, that's Rafa, hodgson, KK and now BR who don't rate the lad for some reason, or at least not enough to put him in the team on a regular basis.

He looks a decent player to me, but they see him every day in training.
      He's got great skill and can really play, so I'm wondering what the issue is, or if there is one.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1788: Oct 25, 2012 04:14:28 pm
      Well, that's Rafa, hodgson, KK and now BR who don't rate the lad for some reason, or at least not enough to put him in the team on a regular basis.

He looks a decent player to me, but they see him every day in training.
      He's got great skill and can really play, so I'm wondering what the issue is, or if there is one.

I think part of the problem here Swamp (:laugh:) is that I don't think the club quite know what his best position is. He seems to me to be best suited as a support striker, but we don't play with one. He did well as an attacking mid vs West Brom, but was dropped. He's playing LW for the u-21s. At Barcelona, he was a striker. It's just odd.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1789: Oct 25, 2012 10:49:55 pm
      Its a shame but I think we are going to have to just to look at moving him on when we can, he had a lot of potential a few years ago but he just doesn't seem to be reaching it, the gulf in class between him and Sterling or him and Suso when playing in the first team is massive and he is 3, 4 years older than them.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1790: Oct 26, 2012 03:36:11 am
      Its a shame but I think we are going to have to just to look at moving him on when we can, he had a lot of potential a few years ago but he just doesn't seem to be reaching it, the gulf in class between him and Sterling or him and Suso when playing in the first team is massive and he is 3, 4 years older than them.

That is an unfounded statement and a bit unfair on Dani.He is yet to start a game in the premier league or a game back to back anytime where Suso and Sterling both have so we really don't know what the outcome would be if we gave him that opportunity.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1791: Nov 01, 2012 08:13:11 pm
      The reasons for starting Joe Cole over Dani Pacheco:
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1792: Nov 01, 2012 09:18:50 pm
      Must be difficult seeing Joe Cole start ahead of you when he offers literally nothing to the team.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1793: Nov 01, 2012 09:33:44 pm
      This to me is really somewhat of a mystery now.

Brendan has said he will not toss players out to the "garbage" but I think this has been the case with Dani. His last game for us against WBA he was one of the standout performers and has not had a look in since. It's difficult to really grasp as we do not know what happens behind closed doors and his attitude and work rate at training, albeit  his dissapearence from the first teami indicates both are poor.

Quick Reply