Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Who Do You Play Like?

Read 13175 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Who Do You Play Like?
      Reply #92: Apr 24, 2011 01:35:17 am
      Never the best player, but was the annoying kid that would get to the last 3/final of Wembley/FA Cup at School.  Was a left footed right midfielder, but would occasionally deputize at CB.  Wasn't the quickest, but I read the game well and as long as I wasn't up against tricky players, I was fairly good.  If I had one outstanding ability, it was the ability to hit crosses/long balls with the outside of my 'sweet' left foot, my favourite of which was a 40 yard pass, which a kid called Mike than hit on the half volley, without breaking stride, and bust the net, the only time I've ever been mobbed by my team mates and even the ref muttered 'class'.

My Uncle Liam was a bit of a player, signed for Leeds United at one point, then proceeded to break both his legs in his last game for his local side & ended up never playing football again.  My brother, a centre back, was watched by Villa, but he never had any pace, could run for hours, but couldn't sprint to save his life.  My father holds a record for his former local team, sent off five times in one season for doing impersonations.  He was a CB but kept on impersonating a goalkeeper. 5 brilliant goal line saves and reds deserved for every one.  It was a habit he struggled to break and ended up with 11 reds over 5 seasons.  

LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #93: Apr 26, 2011 03:13:56 am
      My father holds a record for his former local team, sent off five times in one season for doing impersonations.  He was a CB but kept on impersonating a goalkeeper. 5 brilliant goal line saves and reds deserved for every one. 

:lmao:
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #94: Apr 26, 2011 04:24:05 pm

I'm just curious. Here, you pass a basketball court, there is usually a game going on, especially in the poorer, rural areas, where I grew up. It is tough to just find people playing football, however. You have to organize pick up games and hope for the best. There is plenty of club football to be played too, and adult leagues all over the place. I just prefer casual games for fun, which there aren't nearly enough of.

Quick Reply