Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Who Do You Play Like?

Read 13276 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Who Do You Play Like?
      Jul 01, 2007 10:06:57 pm
      One for all the members of the forum who play football as well as watching it.

Which footballer do you most resemble in the way you play?

Personally I can't think of a player in my position that I play like. I play left back, but the player I'd say I'm most similar in style to is Steve Finnan. Solid & consistent defensively, I rarely do anything spectacular but rarely do anything wrong. I'm ok going forward, but my main strength really is my defensive play.

When I was younger I was used as a striker, purely because I was the fastest player on the team & the manager liked knocking balls over the top for me to chase. Back then I would say I played like Cisse, lots of pace but just put my head down & run for goal. Definately not my greatest position, as my finishing isn't that great. I'm much better at defending.

Can anyone think of a left sided player in the same mould as Finnan? And who do you think you play like?
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2007 10:10:28 pm by EddieC »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Who Do You Play Like?
      Reply #1: Jul 01, 2007 11:28:15 pm
      Can't think of a left sider like Finnan...

My main attribute is speed,  I also play upfront.  Can also play on the wing.  My finishing is pretty nifty too.  I don't particularly use skills often during a match situation!

I think I play a bit like Kuyt, with pace.  I strangely find that I make more assists than goals.  That will do me ;)

I can do the 100 meters in 11.69, not bad. I'm not a head down and just run for the goal man!  I consider to be a target man.

(Without sounding too big headed!!) :D

By the way, any of you Wirralians know any good teams I can link up with for next season? 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jul 01, 2007 11:52:30 pm
      Are you left footed Eddie? I played left back for our school (because the resident blue eye played in my position - right back) and it wasn't as easy going down the wing and putting a good infield pass in.

I suppose I was quite similar to Finnan or maybe our Chris. (don't play competitive football anymore  :'(). I was pretty fast, would run up and down the pitch all day long, loved crossing the ball and would chance a few shots. But defending came first. The best buzz was when someone would try to beat you and you'd just take them out with a "fair" tackle or reading a good pass from the opposition.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 02, 2007 09:40:51 am
      Probabally Roy Keane/Momo Sissoko

Im a go-get-the-ball type player. I consider it a violation when someone goes past me, I just cant stand it! I just love the look on that skillfull dudes face when I take the ball off them. Im pretty fast too. If someone does come past me i'll take his f**king legs out (hence the Roy Keane comparison)

If you read the above you wont take too long to realize why I play rugby instead
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 02, 2007 11:30:28 am
      Started as a curly haired, fresh faced 10 year old, speed to burn, A right leg for standing on and a left "peg" that could do magic (or so I believed)   Had to be a left winger, beat the man, get the cross in, take the corners and free kicks, scored a good few on occasion too.

Harry Kewell!

18 - 25   Still had good pace, but cross country and 1500m training said "come inside" so midfield was where i played then.  Learned to tackle (something wingers didn't do, might get injured), play maker and box to box, still took the corners, free kicks on the right to swing it in and learned to kick with my right (well some would say swing)  still looked over at the wing with envy but we all must move on eh - Craig Jonston

26 - 30 My knee's have had it, 2 operations on my shoulder,  move backwards to left back or sometimes even centre half!  (not bad for someone who's only 5'7 1/2")  played alot of volleyball so I can jump a bit (hence the bad knee's) let the young ones go up front as long as they come back to help out (they never do  do they!)  so finally Rob Jones but on the left I think, pacey when needed, injury prone but never gives up (just my body)

DH
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Jul 02, 2007 01:09:34 pm
      Always played as a CM, think am kind of similar to Fabregas/Alonso, as i have always been good at passin to people in the air, and to there feet, and  players around me seem to pass to me to try pick out a good pass to set a stricker up, i do the odd trick but prefer to play and good pass, but like Fabregas i never like to shoot, because can never hit the target, and am not the best at tackling !!     
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 02, 2007 04:03:58 pm
      Well i'll either play DM or in goal, alot of my mates think i play like sissoko, i can win tackles, break up the other teams play. But i also have an eye for goal, i tend to score alot goals when playing football, and when i shot i wouldnt want to be in the middle of the goal. When playing in goal im nt the best and im nt the worst, the last team i played in which was like 2 years ago i let in 25 goals though out the whole year, the man thing i tend to when im in goal is spill the ball alot, but i am a good shot stopper, can anyone thik of a name who i play like?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jul 02, 2007 06:14:45 pm
      Sounds like Rafa's wasting his money when he's got such good home-grown talent on here !  ;) ;D ;D
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 02, 2007 06:58:45 pm
      i used to play in goal and my mates said i was like dudek and when i play outfield i play like sissoko cos of my tackles and that i cant shoot
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 02, 2007 09:02:17 pm
      In seven a-side I usually start out trying to play as a continental sweeper ala Koeman or the ilk but usually end up thinking I am Pele, and the last quarter of the game I am usually up front.  I'd say I was an impulsive Mark Viduka, can't be arsed to do much running so will try something spectacular instead.

Often failing.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 02, 2007 09:03:06 pm
      Can anyone think of a left sided player in the same mould as Finnan?

Graeme Le Saux.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #11: Jul 02, 2007 09:08:15 pm
      My mate told me I play like a Gerrard/Kevin Nolan. I can play pretty much anywhere barre left back.

My best position is in net though.
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Jul 02, 2007 09:13:03 pm

Someone not gay preferably :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Jul 02, 2007 09:47:02 pm
      All I can say is I am better than Pepe Reina, Petr Cech and Edwin van der Saar ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Jul 02, 2007 10:01:42 pm
      All I can say is I am better than Pepe Reina, Petr Cech and Edwin van der Saar ;)

Now that would make people think that you're very good with your hands my friend....  ;)
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #15: Jul 02, 2007 11:00:30 pm
      my mate always says i look like and play like alonso. i play CM for my local u17 team. i like to keep it simple, no tricks and flicks. i love a good long pass to set up a striker however my finishing isnt too bad either as im top goal scorer for my 5-a-side team in midnight soccer. i also like a tackle which alonso loves to do however i am quite small but yeah i would say i play like alonso.
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #16: Jul 03, 2007 08:33:54 pm
      I can play Right mid, attacking mid or occasionaly Centre back, i got pace to burn (not trying to sound big headed!) got a few tricks that i dont really use, can shoot and i love a good tackle, hate myself getting tackled though, i usually get myself booked by getting wound up by the players who get the ball off me ;D, Im vice captain for my team. So what player am i?!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Jul 03, 2007 08:50:32 pm
      I am all left foot I am afraid so in my younger days in the School football team and through to my early years in the Sunday league I cut a dashing figure down the left wing very alike to Steve Heighway but without the moustache obviously as primary school didn't allow them then! as I got older and my intensive training on Carlsberg started to reap benefits I played at left back but like Riisse I had a licence to get forward and "t**t it one" as my coach advised me in his best Sven coaching voice, has anyone else noticed how often left footed players have a decent shot on them?
      Anyway the years marched on and the pace deserted me so it was centre half for me and I played a bit like Ruddock and Hansen combined, a good tackler and I still had the football brain, oh and the Ruddock bit meant I wasnt the quickest player but no one got past!.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2007 08:24:06 am by Glenbuck »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #18: Jul 04, 2007 12:58:12 am

You're Bellamy ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Jul 04, 2007 07:56:45 am
      Now that would make people think that you're very good with your hands my friend....  ;)
      Oh no.. hehe!
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #20: Jul 30, 2007 09:20:54 am
      A few people have told me i played alot like zinedine zidane, hence, thats why my nickname became zizou. i held up the ball well, distributed it well with penetrating through balls, created and controlled play and scored a a fair few goals. Free-kicks a speciality...
      However, these days are all but a memory for myself now.....played in the Australian nationals several times, awards won etc....
      i've stopped playing now for 3 years due to a plague of injuries....must be an australian thing....haha
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 30, 2007 11:09:22 am
      Looks like we almost have a full squad!

Lets see...

GK
                                                                                           Nicola/paulrobbo/ozzyred/wdavidw10

RB                                                                CB                                                 CB                                                    LB   
                 Redkenny                                                     Glenbuck                                         ???(insert utility player here)                   EddieC

RM                                                            CM (defensive)                                      CM (attacking)                                   LM
                 Liverbird                                                  VenomC/MickeyLFC4ever                            Lfc4life/scouser_10                           Davejh65

ST                                                      ST
                                                                                CourtLFC                                                 Jabba

All we need is another centreback and we're sorted!

I think we'll take the premiership this year!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #22: Jul 30, 2007 11:29:29 am
      Who do you play like?

Kaká

Quick Reply