Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Jamie Carragher
      21 (14.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      98 (67.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (12.4%)
      David N'gog
      8 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide

Read 80105 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Manchester City 3 - 0 Liverpool: Post Match Suicide
      Reply #690: Aug 23, 2010 10:58:55 pm
      Crouchy, mate. Lucas wasn't the worst on the park, but he still played sh*t. All he is, is a serviceable, squad player and nothing more. He is clumsy to say the least and gives far too many free kicks away as he doesn't have the nous to steal the ball correctly.

I honestly hold my breath every time he takes possession, and even though I abhor his square/ back passes, I at least know that he won't F**k it up and give it away.

Each to their own, and everyone can agree to disagree, but I am honestly embarrassed to see him in our Red shirt. If he is the calibre of player that cuts the mustard with our proud club, then I am very worried for our future.

I commend you on your continued, unwavering support of him but he is terrible and so were Agger, Milan, N'Gog and Johnson was slow and clueless and Kuyt looked slow and out of his depth.

Apart from a few good minutes, we were battered plain and simple. We collectively look like a team, lacking spirit and confidence. The Masch situation would not have helped one bit, and needs to get sorted immediately.

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2010 11:15:59 pm by RedStorm »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #691: Aug 23, 2010 11:00:12 pm
      From a neutral point of view I thought Woy got his tactics wrong tonite  :-\ Playing two up front was costly. Man City's midfield took you lads apart. To try and take a positive form the match  :roll: Torres is still to find his fitness to show his best. Who the fook is Adam Johnson  :o He had a great game.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2010 11:14:46 pm by keith singleton »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #692: Aug 23, 2010 11:00:57 pm
      The body language of the players was shocking tonight as well, the whole club is rotten at the moment.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #693: Aug 23, 2010 11:01:44 pm
      From a neutral point of view I thought Woy got his tactics wrong tonite  :-\ Playing two up front was costly. Man City's midfield took you lads apart. To try and take a positive form the match  :roll: Torres is still to find his fitness to show his best. Who the fook is Andy Johnson  :o He had a great game.

Supposed to be the next big thing on the Left for England and a Capello F**k up not taking him to SA> on tonights performance can see why...MOM in my opinion.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #694: Aug 23, 2010 11:02:42 pm
      To be fair, I applaud Lucas's ability to jog at the side of opposing team players when they have the ball.

If only he had the sense to attempt a tackle and a decent tackle at that..

He could almost be half the player Mascherano is.
      But then again, we're in the sh*t at the moment and thats the whole team lets make no mistake about it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #695: Aug 23, 2010 11:03:17 pm
      How exactly did 2 people pick Ngog as man of the match bar a shot in the second half don't think he touched the ball and he was piss poor in the first half.

I wonder sometimes how people pick there man of the match. Looking at the poll 5 people that voted tonight didn't actually see the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #696: Aug 23, 2010 11:03:31 pm
      Crouchy, mate. Lucas wasn't the worst on the park, but he still played sh*t. All he is, is a serviceable, squad player and nothing more. He is clumsy to say the least and gives far too many free kicks away as he doesn't have the nous to steal the ball correctly.

I honestly hold my breath every time he takes possession, and even though I abhor his square/ back passes, I at least know that he won't F**k it up and give it away.

Each to their own, and everyone can agree to disagree, but I am honestly embarrassed to see him in our Red shirt. If he is the calibre of player that cuts the mustard with our proud club, then I am very worried for our future.

I commend you on your continued, unwavering support of him but he is terrible and so were Agger, Milan, N'Gog and Johnson was slow and clueless.

Apart from a few good minutes, we were battered plain and simple. We collectively look like a team, lacking spirit and confidence. The Masch situation would not have helped one bit, and needs to get sorted immediately.

It's what i'm trying to get at mate. I see no condemnation of any other player bar him. That is the injustice in this. I'll back him because he was no where near as bad as Kuyt or Milan. Milan tripped over the ball at once stage and two City players just took it and ran off past him while he sat on his arse.

The whole team was sh*te bar Gerrard (hence why i voted for him) but to say Lucas was worst on pitch is just ridiculous. Especially from some people who backed Rafa to the hilt on every decision he made but not on Lucas for some bizarre reason.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #697: Aug 23, 2010 11:03:57 pm
      Do you know what I'm on about Andy, did you see it ?

Or had my methadone just kicked in at an inopertune moment and I started halucinating.
      Yea just about caught it Blood out the corner of me eye. :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #698: Aug 23, 2010 11:04:25 pm
      From a neutral point of view i thought Woy got his tactics wrong tonite  :-\ Playing two up front was costly. Man City's midfield took you lads apart. To try and take a positive form the match  :roll: Torres is still to find his fitness to show his best. Who the fook is Andy Johnson  :o He had a great game.

No sh*t Sherlock :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #699: Aug 23, 2010 11:05:00 pm
      Supposed to be the next big thing on the Left for England and a Capello f**k up not taking him to SA> on tonights performance can see why...MOM in my opinion.

I agree mom but they gave it to Barry :-\
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #700: Aug 23, 2010 11:05:08 pm
      Dont think Gerrard was that Great either but one man cant make a team and with Lucas next to him F**k me.....
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #701: Aug 23, 2010 11:05:55 pm

Milner
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #702: Aug 23, 2010 11:06:09 pm
      Not going to lie, Adam Johnson made us look like idiots tonight.
      In my mind Agger is a world class defender, and he just couldn't deal with him

On the subject of wide players, Kuyt made us look like idiots as well.
      First touch of a rapist.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #703: Aug 23, 2010 11:06:13 pm
      Crouch he was worse than both players and his only contribution to the game was to give stupid free kicks away. Lucas wasn't just our worst player tonight he was the worst player on the pitch by a mile.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #704: Aug 23, 2010 11:07:09 pm
      Roy hudgson cost us the game, he was so naive, so optimist... How can you go to man city with that kind of formation... When I saw his team sheet I was not happy with it at all, those r formations for home games against the likes of westbrom, west harm, etc. How can he even think we can do well with that formation against city and on their own turf... He was so optimist.. There r some obvious situation that you will know that this is just not gonna work.. And one was today... No doubt city is a good team but me made them look extraordinary today... Rafa will never have anticipated doing that because he know it's simply not gonna work... Hudgson should know better not always attack minded because sometimes u don need it...F he wanna be lyk arsene wenger bt sticking to one thing and that is always play attack minded wit offensive football, I'm afraid we'll not win anything under him...

Welll said.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #705: Aug 23, 2010 11:07:12 pm

Either way, Sky were wrong. Agree with Johnson on being MOM. He was fantastic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #706: Aug 23, 2010 11:07:36 pm
      Piss poor, by the looks of it nothing has changed from last season, let's just say different manager, same old shiteaway from home .

Great to see the captain motivating the team on the pitch yet again!! Carra looks finished by each passing game.

It was pretty much embarrassing and I don't think anyone in a red shirt played well.

As for that Asian bird, has anyone thought it might be Ayre's Thai bride!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #707: Aug 23, 2010 11:07:54 pm
      Once I heard we were going to play 4-4-2 I almost made the decision to not bomb it down the pub after work. Not because 4-4-2 doesn't work any more, but because we haven't got the players to implement it.  I got down the pub 3 minutes before half-time and missed those 3 minutes whilst trying to get served, but wasn't optimistic just from the general grumbling going on around me.  So three pints & three lost points later, here I am, trying to write coherently about how 11 men in Liverpool garb can make me feel like I've been kicked in the balls.

I've always been of a mind that the players you have at your disposal should dictate the formation and we have, in my opinion, only two players that can play the attacking wide men role in that formation and to back it worse, they are both considered full backs - Johnson & Aurelio.  We looked lost tonight in a 4-4-2 and too many good players looked awful.  Agger looked like a makeshift left back tonight and the sooner we can get someone in/fit/capable of playing there week in week out, the happier I'll be.  Skrtel, like he did against Arsenal, started slowly, but unlike against Arsenal he didn't improve.  I'm going to give Carra some praise, the way we played tonight, I expected to see him hoofing it up field, but he didn't give the ball away once tonight, let alone hoof it, old dogs can learn new tricks.  Lucas was meh, nothing spectacular, but equally nothing diabolical as some on here would have you believe, although his off the ball work is worthy of a mention, he closed down Man City's angles really well, generally defending well and also got forward a couple of times, both individually and, as much as some won't believe it, by passing the ball in that direction.  Gerrard was also average and possibly passed the ball sideways or backwards more often than Lucas tonight.  

Jovanovic was forced back by the bargain buy the calender year, Adam Johnson today, because Agger couldn't cope with him, to many times he was far to deep when we broke, but you can't really blame him tonight, the situation was dictated to him by Agger's ineffectiveness against Johnson.  Kuyt though was awful, dragged inside to often and on tonight's performance may struggle to cross a road.  Maybe he has other things on his mind.

Torres was what he was tonight, a player looking to find some fitness and form and having a strike partner who, and no disrespect to Ngog, was in his way too much, forcing him out wide far to often.  Ngog lived on scraps but in no way whatsoever is he a partner for Torres.  

None of the subs got enough time, though Babel, infuriatingly, did more in his 15 minute cameo than he did in the first 44 minutes against Trabzonspor.  That leaves us with Roy, who is purportedly a good, honest man & manager, and if he is, he will admit he got things horribly wrong tonight.

On a lighter note

Not to change subjects but who was the Asian girl sitting next to Dalglish in the stands? Did anyone else see that?

Not sure, but she did say she love him long time.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #708: Aug 23, 2010 11:08:05 pm
      Any news on the chinese bird, afetr that shower of sh*te pinning all my hopes on her.At least she was fit.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #709: Aug 23, 2010 11:08:46 pm
      Roy is simply a small club manager, with all the eloquence in the world when the weight of your performance matters more to the supporters than your lucidity and your shoulders give way, it simply means you are out of your depth. If he thinks getting 8th again is acceptable, then someone needs to give him a jab to wake his ass up.

Now with saying all that I am not saying he was on the pitch but he selected those players who played woeful. Under Rafa we could have said we had a very good midfield when Alonso was there we could have said the best. Now with Roy selecting some nobodies in the middle is simply just abysmal for me.

Why the crust did Aquilani go? To have Lucas play week in and week out? We needs some answers and proper bankers. There is simply no way we should have entered with that sort of formation with those players. Such naivety is only accepted in the Championship not even in the lower half of the table. If we're going to play a difficult team do not try to setup like Arsenal with no one to create the time and space in the middle. We had no Fabregas, no Scholes, no Essien, we had Lucas!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #710: Aug 23, 2010 11:09:22 pm
      It's what i'm trying to get at mate. I see no condemnation of any other player bar him. That is the injustice in this. I'll back him because he was no where near as bad as Kuyt or Milan.

Now go back to my first post after the game, I posted what I thought on all players and said Agger, Lucas, Jova and Kuyt in particular had shockers.

The debate came about because  he's included in the MOM poll when the truth is he had a shocker.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/23/manchester-city-3-0-liverpool-premier-league-highlights-video/

First video 26 seconds in, Yaya Toure on the edge of the box, Lucas shirks out of the tackle.

Doesn't look like I'm swallowing my pride tonight mate.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #711: Aug 23, 2010 11:09:58 pm
      Crouch he was worse than both players and his only contribution to the game was to give stupid free kicks away. Lucas wasn't just our worst player tonight he was the worst player on the pitch by a mile.

At some point, I have to stop and question your football knowledge.

Kuyt and Jovanovic were the worst players on the pitch, without even a question.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #712: Aug 23, 2010 11:10:31 pm
      Once I heard we were going to play 4-4-2 I almost made the decision to not bomb it down the pub after work. Not because 4-4-2 doesn't work any more, but because we haven't got the players to implement it.  I got down the pub 3 minutes before half-time and missed those 3 minutes whilst trying to get served, but wasn't optimistic just from the general grumbling going on around me.  So three pints & three lost points later, here I am, trying to write coherently about how 11 men in Liverpool garb can make me feel like I've been kicked in the balls.

I've always been of a mind that the players you have at your disposal should dictate the formation and we have, in my opinion, only two players that can play the attacking wide men role in that formation and to back it worse, they are both considered full backs - Johnson & Aurelio.  We looked lost tonight in a 4-4-2 and too many good players looked awful.  Agger looked like a makeshift left back tonight and the sooner we can get someone in/fit/capable of playing there week in week out, the happier I'll be.  Skrtel, like he did against Arsenal, started slowly, but unlike against Arsenal he didn't improve.  I'm going to give Carra some praise, the way we played tonight, I expected to see him hoofing it up field, but he didn't give the ball away once tonight, let alone hoof it, old dogs can learn new tricks.  Lucas was meh, nothing spectacular, but equally nothing diabolical as some on here would have you believe, although his off the ball work is worthy of a mention, he closed down Man City's angles really well, generally defending well and also got forward a couple of times, both individually and, as much as some won't believe it, by passing the ball in that direction.  Gerrard was also average and possibly passed the ball sideways or backwards more often than Lucas tonight.  

Jovanovic was forced back by the bargain buy the calender year, Adam Johnson today, because Agger couldn't cope with him, to many times he was far to deep when we broke, but you can't really blame him tonight, the situation was dictated to him by Agger's ineffectiveness against Johnson.  Kuyt though was awful, dragged inside to often and on tonight's performance may struggle to cross a road.  Maybe he has other things on his mind.

Torres was what he was tonight, a player looking to find some fitness and form and having a strike partner who, and no disrespect to Ngog, was in his way too much, forcing him out wide far to often.  Ngog lived on scraps but in no way whatsoever is he a partner for Torres.  

None of the subs got enough time, though Babel, infuriatingly, did more in his 15 minute cameo than he did in the first 44 minutes against Trabzonspor.  That leaves us with Roy, who is purportedly a good, honest man & manager, and if he is, he will admit he got things horribly wrong tonight.

On a lighter note

Not sure, but she did say she love him long time.

Great post.

Oh and Adam Johnson was phenomenal. England and Man City have got a very good player and Middlesbrough can be very proud of what they produced through their youth ranks.

Quick Reply