Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Jamie Carragher
      21 (14.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      98 (67.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (12.4%)
      David N'gog
      8 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide

Read 79774 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide
      Reply #874: Aug 24, 2010 03:28:57 pm
      Anyone else notice that they started singing Rafa's name after we went 3-0 down?
      Which 'they'?
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #875: Aug 24, 2010 03:37:07 pm
      This is why I don't have high hopes for us this year. 

I don't like woy's tactics.  We got played off the park.  Last year when we played this bad, we still got something out of the game.  Everyone in the prem are taking steps foward, while we are going backwards. 

I hope my no europe prediction next year doesn't happen, but it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #876: Aug 24, 2010 03:43:01 pm
      Yesterday's game was a embarassment. We didn't turned up in most of the game. We had some moments of brilliance but that's all. There's nothing to show from our lads.

Ngog didn't clicked well with Torres. Most of the time Torres was alone in attack while Ngog desperately battling to gain control of the ball which he eventually lost very easily. Kuyt not functioning in right wing, while our midfield area was overwhelmed by City. We didn't have a good build up play. Our attacking didn't seem to be dangerous and easily cut off. There's no link-up play between our midfield and our attack. When we eventually try to create something we often being forced back to our own half.

I don't know what to say about this formation as it's different from what Rafa used in approaching a game but as an experienced manager, I didn't see any change in morale during the start of first half from our lads. The most that Roy did was giving thumbs up to Gerrard while making face like Mr. Bean. Clearly our lads seems kind of lost out there yesterday.

From what I saw, we lacked so much in creativity and diversity. We failed miserably in changing our direction of play. Yes, losing Cole was a factor and Masch not playing affected the whole course of our game, but this was not an excuse. How could this two players changed everything even if they played? We're up against a team owned by a kamikaze spenders who will buy anyone at his will while we barely pick players from the free section! But this also not an excuse. Even if our players didn't have the quality like City have, but not having the determination, dedication and conviction were not excusable for players wearing the red shirt of Liverpool. They should know when they wear the shirt they are special even if they are not! They should know that the fans are 100% behind them thick or thin. So try and give it all, eventhough we lose, there should be some pride as we have fought a battle well and with honour, not like yesterday.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #877: Aug 24, 2010 03:47:57 pm
      Just out of curiosity.....who adds the MoTM polls to these threads?

Lucas? That's just taking the piss.  If he would have done any less it would have been called a haunting. >:D
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #878: Aug 24, 2010 03:48:46 pm

not sure if it was our fans or theirs!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #879: Aug 24, 2010 03:59:52 pm
      Just out of curiosity.....who adds the MoTM polls to these threads?

Lucas? That's just taking the piss.  If he would have done any less it would have been called a haunting. >:D

I don't know mate I thought Lucas was immense, he was so good my japs eye was weeping.  :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #880: Aug 24, 2010 04:04:56 pm
      not sure if it was our fans or theirs!

Sounded like Citys fans with the monotone accents as they followed it up with USA chants.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #881: Aug 24, 2010 04:39:30 pm
      Did anyone notice how they were kicking the ball away for everything so we couldn't take anything quickly

I am so pissed off / depressed to write much in here but this riled me right up.

Last nights performance was horrible, i could barely watch the end of the game.

Feels terrible at the moment
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #882: Aug 24, 2010 05:18:55 pm
      Cant believe we lost 3-0.I didn't see the match so can't say anything but i feel really sad & depressed
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #883: Aug 24, 2010 06:04:30 pm
      They better give us something to F***ing smile about come the end of the season!
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #884: Aug 24, 2010 06:50:43 pm
      Last year we played badly(loads of possession but lacked of end product), but last night we were outplayed by the manshite. And I couldn't remember the last time we've been outplayed by any other teams. I hope Roy will sort things out very very soon.

Having said that, I miss Rafa. I really do.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #885: Aug 24, 2010 07:07:35 pm
      After a performance like last night i'm surprised the players haven't waived their wages ! last season it was all Rafa's fault apparently with his rotation and zonal marking ,what is the problem then? well for me it's down to lack of funds and commitment,funds to buy players who are worthy of the red shirt and staff who are totally commited to the club including the management,can't see us getting anywhere till the yanks bugger off !
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #886: Aug 24, 2010 07:19:44 pm
      i taught dani was good wen he came in.cant understand why dirk was not switched to help agger v johnson.jovanovic may also have had more luck against lescott.

i think lucas needs to take a look at how stevie passes and moves,lucas needs 4 touches and doesn keep play flowing.

babel had great effort when he came in and nando got good 78 mins under his belt

city had 3 shots 3 goals.wouldn expect stats like that to happen again
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #887: Aug 24, 2010 07:24:29 pm
      I only managed to listen to the match on 5 live so never saw the humiliation. I voted for Carra as motm because he seemed to be giving 100 % as always, even though he was struggling to cope at times. What saddens me most is that when City were dominating throughout the first half, we never changed tactic or formation to counter it, Why the F**k was that? They are profesional players, don't they comunicate on the pitch any more, do they just follow instructions from the manager whatever happens out there ?  From what I was hearing, Ngog, Lucas, Kuyyt, Johnson, and Javanovic, gave the ball to a city player, more often than to a red.  Would Masch have made a difference ? who knows, probably, but it seems he's burnt his bridges now. Has been a good servant to the club whilst here, I have loved him, just think he could have managed his departure, if that's what it is to become, with a little more thought for L.F.C and the fans, as well as himself. Leaves a bitter taste that. Such a shame. I think it is now evident that we have become a mid table team and there are a number of positions needing reinforcing, not just the one or two obvious ones.
       Lucas mabey a half decent player but his physical presence is nil. Kuyyt has had his day, work rate is not enough without any quality, Ngog and Babel need to be moved on while we can still get a price for them,( that's diminishing with every performance) We need a decent R back and Johnson needs to play R midfield. New left back, new left mid field (winger) and a decent striker to support Nando. With the Yanks holding on, no finance for players, transfer window soon to close, by Jan we will be out of everything with this squad. Nobody to blame but the Yanks. The only glimmer of light is Joe Cole  to come back,  So pissed off,  and City aren't even a good side ! Got to go and catch the bus now, not to get on, to throw myself under.   >:( :( :f_wah: :sadlook:
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #888: Aug 24, 2010 07:26:38 pm
      I only managed to listen to the match on 5 live so never saw the humiliation. I voted for Carra as motm because he seemed to be giving 100 % as always, even though he was struggling to cope at times. What saddens me most is that when City were dominating throughout the first half, we never changed tactic or formation to counter it, Why the f**k was that? They are profesional players, don't they comunicate on the pitch any more, do they just follow instructions from the manager whatever happens out there ?  From what I was hearing, Ngog, Lucas, Kuyyt, Johnson, and Javanovic, gave the ball to a city player, more often than to a red.  Would Masch have made a difference ? who knows, probably, but it seems he's burnt his bridges now. Has been a good servant to the club whilst here, I have loved him, just think he could have managed his departure, if that's what it is to become, with a little more thought for L.F.C and the fans, as well as himself. Leaves a bitter taste that. Such a shame. I think it is now evident that we have become a mid table team and there are a number of positions needing reinforcing, not just the one or two obvious ones.
       Lucas mabey a half decent player but his physical presence is nil. Kuyyt has had his day, work rate is not enough without any quality, Ngog and Babel need to be moved on while we can still get a price for them,( that's diminishing with every performance) We need a decent R back and Johnson needs to play R midfield. New left back, new left mid field (winger) and a decent striker to support Nando. With the Yanks holding on, no finance for players, transfer window soon to close, by Jan we will be out of everything with this squad. Nobody to blame but the Yanks. The only glimmer of light is Joe Cole  to come back,  So pissed off,  and City aren't even a good side ! Got to go and catch the bus now, not to get on, to throw myself under.   >:( :( :f_wah: :sadlook:

We have a good right back in Martin Kelly mate!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #889: Aug 24, 2010 08:49:59 pm
      Anyone else notice that they started singing Rafa's name after we went 3-0 down?
      I did and it sounded very much like our fans doing the singing . City fans have never sung a song that good if it was them they must have been practising it all summer.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #890: Aug 24, 2010 09:07:18 pm
      that'll be our worst performance all season
      have to say though lucas is a player for the carling cup or something
      gerrard most get so frustrated hes a legend and deserves better
      and if were going to play 4-4-2 we cant rely on n'gog all season
      another world class striker needed

YNWA
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #891: Aug 24, 2010 10:55:16 pm
      Ha ha this thread is hillarious 16 people gave Lucas man of the match, thanks for giving me a laugh in this depressing times.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #892: Aug 24, 2010 10:59:07 pm
      Ha ha this thread is hillarious 16 people gave Lucas man of the match, thanks for giving me a laugh in this depressing times.

If their was a vote for nobody, my vote may have gone that way.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #893: Aug 25, 2010 12:45:46 am
      The only Vote Lucas would get off me bearing in mind last season and the start to this one, would be off no confidence.

I say this as for last season and this season, he's npow an established first teamer, but in all honesty, he'd struggle to get into Wigans squad never mind their first XI.

Harsh evaluation, but in your heart of hearts, you know its true.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #894: Aug 25, 2010 01:23:55 am

Surely a piss take, or there are some proper fuckwits on this forum?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #895: Aug 25, 2010 01:25:26 am

About the third or fourth time you have mentioned that, we get the point.

I voted for no-one - when you lose 3-0 to shitty, i feel no-one is deserving of it.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #896: Aug 25, 2010 01:25:54 am

Hilarious that you thought Lucas had a worse game then Kuyt.

Now that's F***ing hilarious.

The only reason I find it funny Lucas got some votes is because of how well Gerrard played yesterday.

Quick Reply