Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

La Liga

Read 362987 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: La Liga
      Reply #1472: Mar 02, 2016 05:22:02 pm
      Ronaldo and Ramos have handed in transfer requests at Real!

Guessing we might see Ronaldo here in the summer then, United have been endlessly linked with the arrogant pr**k.

Ramos a possible for United too I guess as he's been linked with them most, I'd personally love United to spend out stupid money on those two. Would both fit the Maureen MO, aging proven players who can win now but offer nothing later.

They may buy the league for one season, possibly even not as Ronaldo is definitely on the decline and I don't think he'd be nearly as successful back here, Ramos is simply a decent defender who many believe is massively over-rated.

Either way it's looking better and better for ZZ :lmao:

Well done Zidane :lmao:

He must surely cement his place as the best manager ever now, right? That's the way he was thought of as he took over.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1473: Mar 02, 2016 05:34:57 pm
      Perez sacked Rafa because of these 2 and told them that they had nowhere to hide with the removal of Rafa, guess Perez fu**ed up again...

Well done Zidane :lmao:

He must surely cement his place as the best manager ever now, right? That's the way he was thought of as he took over.

Quality isn't it lads, as I think you said Mcarz I wouldn't actively want a team/manager to fail without damn good reason but Real have just brought this upon themselves and I expect most fans around the world with even a passing interest in La Liga are pissing themselves at this.

Just waiting for them to go crashing out of the CL now, icing on the cake.

:lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1474: Mar 02, 2016 06:21:35 pm
      Quality isn't it lads, as I think you said Mcarz I wouldn't actively want a team/manager to fail without damn good reason but Real have just brought this upon themselves and I expect most fans around the world with even a passing interest in La Liga are pissing themselves at this.

Just waiting for them to go crashing out of the CL now, icing on the cake.

:lmao:

Aye, that was me mate.

I just don't know what goes through the minds of the directors and what not at Real.

Unfortunately we may have to wait for the quarters for them to be knocked out after they won 2-0 away in Rome in the first leg.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1475: Mar 03, 2016 06:19:26 am
      I am loving it. Been despising the club since Rafa was sacked.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,521 posts | 3462 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1476: Mar 04, 2016 11:47:05 am
      Rayo Vallecano are fantastic to watch, just love Paco Jemez's attitude, bonkers, crazy attacking football with the confessed intention of entertaining their fans , really hope they stay up
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1477: Mar 13, 2016 09:20:52 pm
      Los Palmas are so unlucky, should've been at least a draw, they played some fantastic football.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1478: Mar 14, 2016 08:57:32 pm
      Barca have arguably the greatest attack there has ever been, they score near on 150 goals between them but they are sh*te, absolutely terrible at penalties! They've missed 8 in La Liga alone so far this season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1479: Mar 14, 2016 11:25:25 pm
      Barca have arguably the greatest attack there has ever been, they score near on 150 goals between them but they are sh*te, absolutely terrible at penalties! They've missed 8 in La Liga alone so far this season.

And they've been awful attempts, too. The one Messi missed the other day was a terrible pen.

Made up for it with that turn and shot from outside the box, though. Mind boggling they can all do that but give them a one on one from the spot and they sh*t themselves.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1480: Mar 15, 2016 12:01:01 am
      And they've been awful attempts, too. The one Messi missed the other day was a terrible pen.

Made up for it with that turn and shot from outside the box, though. Mind boggling they can all do that but give them a one on one from the spot and they sh*t themselves.

Once you've missed a couple you are soon in the mindset that the luck wont change. Look at us a few seasons ago, we were missing loads. Adam missed a couple, Suarez missed them, Carroll, Downing and even Kuyt missed. The only player we had who could score them was Gerrard.

Saying that though, Barca haven't been good at them since the Eto'o days.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,521 posts | 3462 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1481: Mar 17, 2016 07:55:55 am
      Congratulations to Sergio Ramos on his 20th red card vs las palmas, no doubt in his mind none of them were deserved.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1483: Apr 02, 2016 08:26:48 pm
      Boring half in El Clasico! Can't believe the Suarez miss though!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1484: Apr 04, 2016 12:00:09 am
      To be honest that was an overhyped event from a football perspective to say the least.

I thought our game against Spurs was on another level when you look at the energy, intensity and overall football quality and that was with our relatively poor 3 man midfield.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1485: Apr 04, 2016 11:05:40 am
      I saw the picture of madrid celebrating like it was a CL final. Zidane is now the magician. Weren't madrid 11 points behind and Atletico 10. Barcelona play atletico on Tuesday in an attempt to win back to back CL finals, after their players came back from international duty. And people think this was a momentous victory. I'd wait until after wolfsburg and atletico games to see the real result.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1486: Apr 04, 2016 11:12:27 am
      I saw the picture of madrid celebrating like it was a CL final. Zidane is now the magician. Weren't madrid 11 points behind and Atletico 10. Barcelona play atletico on Tuesday in an attempt to win back to back CL finals, after their players came back from international duty. And people think this was a momentous victory. I'd wait until after wolfsburg and atletico games to see the real result.

Agreed mate, Madrid as you say celebrated like they actually won a title or something, bit embarrassing really.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1487: Apr 04, 2016 11:18:37 pm

Think Madrid were 13 points behind going into the game.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1488: Apr 17, 2016 09:26:41 pm
      Valencia, managed by Pako Ayestaran, just beat Barça at the Camp Nou. I watched mostly the 2nd half in which well, they might have been a bit lucky and Diego Alves made some very good saves, but still it was nice to watch how well organized their defensive system was - which reminded me of LFC under Rafa Benitez.

Their back line was impeccable, forcing Suarez offside on a number of occasions, and there was never one of them dropping unnecessarily deep as has happened to us recently with Skrtel or Sakho.

That German CB Mustafi looks very, very good. As does André Gomes, their Portuguese midfielder.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1489: Apr 17, 2016 09:39:43 pm
      Barcelona falling apart a little
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1490: Apr 18, 2016 12:01:10 am
      Valencia, managed by Pako Ayestaran, just beat Barça at the Camp Nou. I watched mostly the 2nd half in which well, they might have been a bit lucky and Diego Alves made some very good saves, but still it was nice to watch how well organized their defensive system was - which reminded me of LFC under Rafa Benitez.

Their back line was impeccable, forcing Suarez offside on a number of occasions, and there was never one of them dropping unnecessarily deep as has happened to us recently with Skrtel or Sakho.

That German CB Mustafi looks very, very good. As does André Gomes, their Portuguese midfielder.

Watched most of the first half then bits of the second half, Valencia hit them on the break superbly and defended well for most of the game, few chances for Barca to score just poor finishing imo.

Pako done a very good job in short space of time since the Gary Nev managerial debacle.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1491: Apr 18, 2016 01:41:33 am
      Barca :lmao:

Atletico to do the double in (probably) Torres' last year at his club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1492: Apr 18, 2016 01:47:10 am
      Barca :lmao:

Atletico to do the double in (probably) Torres' last year at his club.

Got a feeling Atleti may well offer him a deal, looking sharp again and has so far scored ten for them. I can't see Nando being arsed about going back to Milan, seeing as Mario wants to stay there and doesn't want to come back here.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1493: Apr 18, 2016 04:46:28 pm
      What a bottle job by Barca.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1494: Apr 18, 2016 07:39:23 pm

A little?! They've lost something like 5 out of their last 7, drawn 1 and won 1. They've gone into meltdown

Quick Reply