Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Birmingham City F.C. v Liverpool F.C. (Barclays Premier League) 12.09.2010.

Read 17918 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Re: Birmingham City F.C. v Liverpool F.C. (Barclays Premier League) 12.09.2010.
      Reply #23: Sep 05, 2010 08:30:35 pm
      It's important to get our 2nd win of the season to build up on the last one. Fernando Torres scored a brace yesterday so let's hope he's back to his scoring form.

Probably would like to see something like

Reina

Johnson       Carragher        Agger           Aurelio/Konchesky

Kuyt            Poulsen           Meireles        Babel/Jovanovic

Gerrard

Torres

I think I would agree with that although I think Babel and Aurelio have had plenty of oportunity. They would be on the bench for me, Blood the new guys and build thier confidence straight away. If you show players you believe in them, they will perform better for you. In all fairness, that's probably why we haven't seen the best of Babel.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #24: Sep 05, 2010 09:19:15 pm
      I don't care about the result of this.Anyways our best chance is in cup competitions so why bother about the league.

What a daft post.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #25: Sep 05, 2010 09:33:12 pm
      Can't wait for this one, met a Birmingham fan in the pub last night and we were arguing over this fixture. He still hadn't forgiven N'Gog for his diving antics last time.

haha i remember that... BENITEZ for them scored a scorcher!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #26: Sep 05, 2010 10:25:11 pm
      I don't care about the result of this.Anyways our best chance is in cup competitions so why bother about the league.Just for the sake of it

You seem to be lost, let me help you: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=12947.msg761013#msg761013
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #27: Sep 05, 2010 11:47:56 pm
                                          Reina
      Johnson          Carragher            Agger               Konchesky
                                 Poulsen       Meireles
      Kuyt                              Gerrard                       Jovanovic
                                           Torres
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6976 
      Reply #28: Sep 06, 2010 12:25:49 am
      I'm heading over for this game so looking forward to it.  As I have decided not to attend Anfield for any competitive games this may be the last LFC game I get to for a while so I'm hoping that Miereles really is a footballing genius and gets handed a debut.

Having watched some of the youngsters at the testimonial I am feeling more confident about our future players than I am about our current first XI.

wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #29: Sep 06, 2010 03:19:53 am
      I think the team should be as follows:

Reina
      Johnnson  Carra  Agger  Koncheskey
                 Gerrard  Meireles
      Babel                            Cole 
                   Kuyt  Torres

I think we need speed up front. Babel then Pacheco will put pressure on the opponent defense. Kuyt will open up space for Torres. This will be a great attacking LFC. Best defense is a good offense... C'MON REDMEN!
      Substitutions: Pacheco for Babel, Ngog for Torres, Maxi for Cole.

PS: I am travelling from Dallas Texas to watch 3 games from (9/12 to 9/25) ... I cannot wait. It will be my first time at Anfield. It will be great memories as LFC will kick some butt!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #30: Sep 06, 2010 03:54:01 am
      Can't beat an away day. Went there last season as well. Hope the experience is a bit better this time round.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #31: Sep 06, 2010 06:27:07 am
      I think the team should be as follows:

Reina
                 Gerrard  Meireles
      Babel                            Cole 
                   Kuyt  Torres

I think we need speed up front. Babel then Pacheco will put pressure on the opponent defense. Kuyt will open up space for Torres. This will be a great attacking LFC. Best defense is a good offense... C'MON REDMEN!
      Substitutions: Pacheco for Babel, Ngog for Torres, Maxi for Cole.

PS: I am travelling from Dallas Texas to watch 3 games from (9/12 to 9/25) ... I cannot wait. It will be my first time at Anfield. It will be great memories as LFC will kick some butt!

I forgot that Cole was still suspended. I would then go with the following lineup...

Reina
                 Gerrard  Meireles
      Pacheco                      Kuyt 
                   Babel  Torres

Substitutions: Maxi for Pacheco, Ngog for Babel, Poulsen for Torres after score is 2-0 up. LFC to win by 2-0.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #32: Sep 06, 2010 07:22:22 am
      I really hope Pacheco gets the start behind Torres, but I know he won't. I just think he would offer so much against Birmingham. We have to be more creative, and Pacheco can add that.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #33: Sep 06, 2010 02:08:59 pm
      Can't beat an away day. Went there last season as well. Hope the experience is a bit better this time round.

I was there last season too, i was sat right behind Joe Hart and he was such a top bloke.

The ball went off and hit a little kid and he said sorry, total legend.

TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #34: Sep 06, 2010 02:14:46 pm
                   Reina
      Kelly   Carra  Agger   Aurelio

Meireles
      Maxi                   Jova/Babel

Gerrard       Kuyt(Cole when finished suspension)

Torres

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #35: Sep 06, 2010 03:06:56 pm
      Kuyt is out for this if dutch reports are right, got a shoulder injury and is out for several weeks.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #36: Sep 06, 2010 03:15:24 pm
      Kuyt is out for this if dutch reports are right, got a shoulder injury and is out for several weeks.

What do you think of the formation though Dex? Reckon a 'diamond' type shape could work for us?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #37: Sep 06, 2010 03:18:23 pm
      What do you think of the formation though Dex? Reckon a 'diamond' type shape could work for us?
      Not really to be honest, we already lack depth and width on the flanks, that would only make it worse in my opinion.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #38: Sep 06, 2010 03:30:23 pm
      Not really to be honest, we already lack depth and width on the flanks, that would only make it worse in my opinion.

I think Maxi down the right could have a decent impact in that formation, Jova doesn't really swing too many decent crosses into the box either from the left, and I suppose for it to work you would need good wingers creating chances with plenty of balls coming in from both sides of the park...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #39: Sep 06, 2010 03:38:02 pm
      I hate this f***in lot, they have been our bogey side ever since they have got into the prem, in fact i'm sure we have never beaten them in the EPL not entirely sure tho, but i would love to se us line up thus....
                                    Reina
            Johnson    Carra     Agger    Konchesky
                           Gerrard      Meireles
                  Maxi             Kuyt           Jova
                                   Torres

Bench..Jones, Lucas, skirtl, Babel, Pacheco,Kelly, Poulsen.

I put Kuyt in the hole only because of Coles suspension, otherwise i would have opted for Cole in the hole and Kuyt for maxi maxi on the bench in place of Dani.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #40: Sep 06, 2010 03:38:26 pm
      I think Maxi down the right could have a decent impact in that formation, Jova doesn't really swing too many decent crosses into the box either from the left, and I suppose for it to work you would need good wingers creating chances with plenty of balls coming in from both sides of the park...
      Yeah, but in your formation they're playing less advanced than they are now, which makes them even less dangerous as wingers and gives them less depth, and untimately less width in the forward line. And also, you're leaving the defensive midfield part solely to Meireles, and he isn't a Masch type player, he'd be the main playmaker in your formation too, he can't do that when he's the only midfielder to rely on defensively.

I put Kuyt in the hole only because of Coles suspension, otherwise i would have opted for Cole in the hole and Kuyt for maxi maxi on the bench in place of Dani.
      Kuyt is injured mate, like I said a few posts above.
      « Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010 03:47:40 pm by Dexter »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      Reply #41: Sep 06, 2010 03:59:55 pm
      Yeah, but in your formation they're playing less advanced than they are now, which makes them even less dangerous as wingers and gives them less depth, and untimately less width in the forward line. And also, you're leaving the defensive midfield part solely to Meireles, and he isn't a Masch type player, he'd be the main playmaker in your formation too, he can't do that when he's the only midfielder to rely on defensively.
      Kuyt is injured mate, like I said a few posts above.
      Ok no worries just replace Kuyt with Maxi, i must have been posting when you mentioned Kuyts injury, but thanks for pointing it out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      Reply #42: Sep 06, 2010 04:04:31 pm
      Oh F**k!! i'm a player short, Gerrard in the hole, Lucas alongside Meireles.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #43: Sep 06, 2010 05:00:50 pm
      With Kuyt and Cole out, team picks itself up IMO...

Reina
      Johnson      Carra             Agger    Konchesky
                           Poulsen/Lucas     
      Maxi/Pacheco   Gerrard    Meireles    Babel/Jova
                               Torres/Ngog
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #44: Sep 06, 2010 05:50:19 pm
      Do we ever play on a Saturday anymore?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #45: Sep 06, 2010 05:53:08 pm
      Do we ever play on a Saturday anymore?

Apparently not :D

Maxi surely will start on the right with Dirk apparently out.

Quick Reply