Trending Topics

Andriy Voronin (Liverpool -> Dinamo Moscow)

Read 127917 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Andriy Voronin Player Thread
      Reply #920: Nov 05, 2009 11:16:34 am
      The thing is, if we can see that he's totally sh*te, why can't Rafa?

Or is it a case of....it's all we've got at the moment?
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #921: Nov 05, 2009 11:22:58 am
      Proud to wear the red shirt? good enough?
      I saw a intresting thing at the Man U highlights on the e-season consol,
      LOOK AT VERONINS REACTION TO THE SECOND GOAL THAT N´GOG  DOES!
      Not even a smile............

Makes me speachless....
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #922: Nov 05, 2009 11:23:47 am
      I've said in the past that he was better than fresh air on the bench as that was all Rafa could afford to replace him with.  Not so sure now after last night's woeful performance.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #923: Nov 05, 2009 11:29:56 am
      ;D, well he's definatly let me down. I thought that maybe, just maybe he could use all the experience he had and produce some sort of decent performance, but I don't think I've seen anyone play that bad. Why him and babel were taking the set pieces I have absolutely no idea. Needs to go in January imo, He isn't even back up for the reserves so theres no point in him playing. Bring in one of the youngsters and get them to warm the bench. They'll do a better job.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #924: Nov 05, 2009 11:32:18 am
      The only reason Voronin is here is because Rafa wasn't allowed money to replace him, Rafa works with the guy daily and he obviously sees more about Voronin than we ever get to see. Last night from the off Voronin looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, he hurried his game and it led to a few misplaced passes, He kept trying and when he had a one on one with their keeper and missed,(good save) that seemed to take any confidence he had completely away. I don't know if Rafa shall use him again or not, I guess it will depend on if we can get some our players back before the next game, but it would be no surprise to see him go in January, again it may all hang on if we can replace him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #925: Nov 05, 2009 11:34:42 am

I think Rafa's idea behind it was that Voronin could get the ball down and pass it round better than Babel for example if he started there.

I'd have much rather seen Benayoun play behind Torres last night.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #926: Nov 05, 2009 11:41:14 am
      I think Rafa's idea behind it was that Voronin could get the ball down and pass it round better than Babel for example if he started there.

I'd have much rather seen Benayoun play behind Torres last night.
      Yeah. I thought rafa could have at least rotated between benny and voronin. Benayoun was too quiet for me last night. Would've played a lot better behind Torres.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #927: Nov 05, 2009 11:59:09 am
      There is actually no benefit in letting this man play one more minute for Liverpool, he is painfully below standard. Give the likes of N'Gog, Ecclestone and Dalla Valle a chance, at least with these players we know that they will get better with the game time. Voronin really does seem to get worse and worse. And for God sake get Nemeth back a.s.a.p.
      You like Nemeth right?.
      I have seen your post in "what would you ask Rafa".
      Anyway you are telling the truth, we need to nurture some youngsters,and Nemeth is better than Voronikaa.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #928: Nov 05, 2009 12:24:51 pm

The last sentence covers it Cas, it's unimaginable the manager doesn't have the measure of Voronin he is so consistently average and always has been he takes average to new levels - playing him last night smacks of desperation and indicates how much scope Rafa has in the selection department.
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2009 02:23:51 pm by stuey »
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #929: Nov 05, 2009 01:33:13 pm
      I've played better pub players than Vironica. We were lucky we didn't lose the game due to him. What a load of sh*te.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #930: Nov 05, 2009 01:38:42 pm
      I've played better pub players than Vironica. We were lucky we didn't lose the game due to him. What a load of sh*te.

He could of won us the game, don't about losing it due to him, he wasn't in goal or defending!!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #931: Nov 05, 2009 01:42:40 pm
      Say what you want  regarding his skill level but he did put in a shift last night and basically did all of Fernando's running not good enough maybe but well done for effort.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #932: Nov 05, 2009 01:55:08 pm
      cheque please...He is clearly struggling and we do not have the luxury of playing him into form. Also think of the player himself, his confidence is shot and for his own good he needs to move on, tries hard but no cigar.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #933: Nov 05, 2009 01:59:18 pm
      Ah come on johnstop, if we want a lad to just run around we should bring in a Marathon runner, running around is not enough for a club like Liverpool and from what I remember he was more of a hindrance when he tracked back, at one stage giving a free away on the edge of the box with 4 liverpool players around one Lyon lad and another occasion having a barney with Masch for not doing what was asked of him.

It is beyond me why he was taking set pieces last night and it is a sad state of affairs when we have a lad that is not capable of getting a corner into the box. F'ck sake i haven't played football properly in 5 years and I'd have hit in better corners than that and I'm joking.

Look I'm a big Rafa fan but I'm baffled in his backing of Voronin, he has being consistently awful for Liverpool, offers us nothing when he plays, has a sh't attitude and to me he will go down as Rafa worst signing ever up there with Houllier signings Dundee and Cheyrou.

Please Rafa don't play him again if it needs playing young players please do just no more of Voronin in a red shirt please.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #934: Nov 05, 2009 02:10:03 pm
      Can't we release him or something?

I bet he has a big wage pack...
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #935: Nov 05, 2009 02:19:30 pm
      Say what you want  regarding his skill level but he did put in a shift last night and basically did all of Fernando's running not good enough maybe but well done for effort.
      He did a lot more running against arsenal. I thought he was lazy yesterday. Lazy and lacking any skill.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #936: Nov 05, 2009 07:49:16 pm
      its a disgrace this guy has been given the privilege of wearing our shirt.people who say he tries are kidding themselves,he runs around trying to look as if hes putting in a shift when he doesn't give a sh*t.you could see that when we scored the second goal against untied when everyone was celebrating he looked as if we just conceded a last minute equaliser.hes a waste of everything in life.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #937: Nov 05, 2009 07:52:06 pm
      Raffa your doing my head in playing this waste of space why oh why do you persevere
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #938: Nov 06, 2009 04:32:05 am
      ngog should be ahead in the pecking order instead of voronin
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #939: Nov 06, 2009 07:47:25 am
      Voronin has been given a run in the team, something all players say they want, he's had every opportunity to impress, and for us he cannot produce. When he went to Germany he scored something like eleven goals in ex amount of games, whatever it was it was a good return, here with us he hasn't produced at all, his goals for tally is none (I think) and he must go. If he made goals you could say , well there is that, but the guy does absolutely sweet f.a.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #940: Nov 06, 2009 10:06:14 am
      Well with all the sponsorship deals the club are working on behind closed doors, maybe we can one for Vornoin from L'oreal "because he's worth sh*t" :D
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #941: Nov 07, 2009 05:00:31 pm
      worthless piece of sh*t. looks like agerman sex tourist!
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #942: Nov 07, 2009 06:05:38 pm
      Look I know he's not one of our better players but I don't know what he's done to warrant the abuse he gets on this and other forums.

Quick Reply