Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 194235 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #966: May 05, 2014 07:37:09 pm
      I think when people are comparing him to Gerrard they are talking about his earlier years, not the role he's now playing.
      Yeah you'd think so mate but people are talking about him playing deep, and mentioning Alonso and Mascherano etc. Personally I would have him mirroring Cou's position in the diamond.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #967: May 08, 2014 04:32:49 pm
      Yeah you'd think so mate but people are talking about him playing deep, and mentioning Alonso and Mascherano etc. Personally I would have him mirroring Cou's position in the diamond.

He does posses the qualities to play an Alonso type role. His good on the ball, his distribution is great and can recycle possesion well however to have him playing in an Alonso type role he would need another alongside him, who would take care of the defensive responsibilities such as Gerrard/Lucas.

Personally i too feel his best position would be behind Suarez and Sturridge at the top of the diamond, where Sterling/Coutinho have found themselves at times this season as his ball control an eye for a pass are on point. If he develops well he could be a better asset to the team than both Sterling and Coutinho as his ability to play both positions could be valuable.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #968: May 08, 2014 06:40:12 pm
      I've always liked him either as an inside right cutting in onto his left foot or as a 10 in a 4-3-3. As has been suggested he could also play at the tip of a diamond.

Be great to have the lad back in the summer and will be a new signing for the club in many respects.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #969: May 08, 2014 09:29:15 pm
      Suso is such unique talent, a real gem. For someone so young to have such composure on the ball combined with exceptional passing and dribbling, He really can become world class if we look after him correctly.

I personally think he's wasted out wide. I feel one of his key traits is dropping deep and demanding the ball and taking command, rarely do you see that from a young player. Would love us to nurture him into a #10 or deep lying playmaker.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,678 posts | 3901 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #970: May 08, 2014 10:48:53 pm
      Oh yes, La Liga is definitely a shitty league because of a youtube video of a corner. The fact they have 3 teams in European finals this season is a mere detail.

Now Diego, you know two of them are screwing the rest, money wise.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #971: May 11, 2014 02:25:02 pm
      Ilori vs Suso today as Granada host Almeria. Massive game for both teams!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #972: May 30, 2014 11:32:34 am
      Can't believe we'd try and use Suso as part of a makeshift deal for Moreno. One of top young talents in La Liga this season. Stood out like a sore thumb in that Almeria team. Hope we bring him back to Anfield this summer.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #973: May 30, 2014 01:48:06 pm
      Can't believe we'd try and use Suso as part of a makeshift deal for Moreno. One of top young talents in La Liga this season. Stood out like a sore thumb in that Almeria team. Hope we bring him back to Anfield this summer.

I hope this is not true, or if it is, it'll be a loan instead of permanent move.

I actually think Suso will become one of the best if nurtured and given the opportunity. Always thought he was a better prospect than Sterling and look at how he's turned out.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #974: May 30, 2014 02:12:56 pm
      It's a loan, not a part ex according to what I've read.

Although where the media is concerned, I take everything with a pinch (a handfull) of salt.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #975: May 31, 2014 03:50:54 pm
      Latest reports suggests that Suso being lined up as a permanent transfer to Sevilla as part of the Moreno deal, they are suggesting for about £5 million. Absolutely gutted and baffled by this one to be honest. I don't think you can have enough of these types of players ie. attacking players with fantastic technical ability. I know we have young Texeira coming through but it seems to me that he is where Suso was at two seasons ago and still has a ways to go.

If Suso's immediate future does lie in Spain then lets just get him signed up to a new contract and give him another year to grow in Spain. I'm adamant we will all regret it if he is allowed to leave. I still can't get my head around the fact he was allowed to go on loan last season to make room for two absolute shockers in Alberto and Aspas.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #976: May 31, 2014 04:11:12 pm
      Sounds like absolutely F**k all has been learnt from last summer then I guess. £5m for Suso :D F***ing shambles!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #977: May 31, 2014 04:16:17 pm
      Fukn he'll this is Danny Pacheco all over.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,361 posts | 4971 
      Reply #978: May 31, 2014 08:26:32 pm
      I like Suso but maybe Brendan has doubts he'll make it in England.

So using him to get what is a priority position may be a good move.

In saying that it could just be that Brendan has to juggle finances more than he'd like.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,438 posts | 6429 
      Reply #979: May 31, 2014 08:33:16 pm
      I'm somewhat optimistic about Suso, but for some reason he just hasn't grasped the opportunity like Sterling has. I'm not sure he's built for the Premier League...which could be said of Coutinho but he just appears to be a more mature player at this point. Not saying Suso doesn't have a future in the EPL...but something just isn't right to me about the whole thing.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #980: May 31, 2014 08:51:06 pm
      I like Suso but maybe Brendan has doubts he'll make it in England.

So using him to get what is a priority position may be a good move.

In saying that it could just be that Brendan has to juggle finances more than he'd like.

Surely that's ridiculous.

He was far away Almeria's best player this season at the mere age of 20! I'm sure Brendan is wise enough to not judge prematurely. I'd be devastated if Suso moves on from us so soon. Guarantee you he'll be a top top player in a few years to come.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,361 posts | 4971 
      Reply #981: May 31, 2014 08:53:52 pm
      Surely that's ridiculous.

He was far away Almeria's best player this season at the mere age of 20! I'm sure Brendan is wise enough to not judge prematurely. I'd be devastated if Suso moves on from us so soon. Guarantee you he'll be a top top player in a few years to come.

Read the post again and you'll see I pretty much agree with you.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #982: May 31, 2014 08:53:55 pm
      I hope this is not true, or if it is, it'll be a loan instead of permanent move.

I actually think Suso will become one of the best if nurtured and given the opportunity. Always thought he was a better prospect than Sterling and look at how he's turned out.

Exactly. He carried that team in Spain and has been regarded one of the best youngsters in La Liga. Brendan and the board are clearly partial to investing in young talents, so cannot see why we'd dispatch Suso already. Guy has exceeded expectations
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #983: May 31, 2014 09:23:54 pm
      Suso is a great player and of course it'll be disappointing if he doesn't stay and get a chance but you have to think about the player and his development.

If Brendan doesn't believe he'll get the games he needs next season then it's not right for the lads career to offer him another loan.  If Suso decides not to extend his contract, which we'll need to do to loan him out, we have no choice but to sell now.

Naturally if Brendan doesn't want to sell him now then he needs to explain his vision to the lad and hope he's willing to wait another season for his chance.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #984: May 31, 2014 09:39:40 pm
      He's an excellent footballer, really don't want him going anywhere else.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #985: May 31, 2014 10:34:57 pm
      I doubt he'll be going anywhere, unless it's another loan, which I can actually understand. I think the powers that be are just trying to upset us by writing sh*t about one of our favourite young talents.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #986: Jun 01, 2014 03:03:13 am
      If we've any sense there will be a buy back
      You never know though perhaps Suso doesn't want to sign an extension and is forcing our hand?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #987: Jun 01, 2014 08:41:57 am
      I'm somewhat optimistic about Suso, but for some reason he just hasn't grasped the opportunity like Sterling has. I'm not sure he's built for the Premier League...which could be said of Coutinho but he just appears to be a more mature player at this point. Not saying Suso doesn't have a future in the EPL...but something just isn't right to me about the whole thing.

He never made anywhere near the number of appearances as Sterling when both were at the club, so I don't know how you can say he hasnt grasped the opportunity when he was hardly presented with one.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #988: Jun 01, 2014 02:14:11 pm
      If we've any sense there will be a buy back
      You never know though perhaps Suso doesn't want to sign an extension and is forcing our hand?

He said recently his best option is to renew with us and fight to get in to the team or go out on loan again.

Quick Reply