Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 193391 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1242: Jan 06, 2015 05:23:30 pm
      Gutted myself, Honestly think when he's given a chance to in a team in his favoured position and progresses as a player we'll end up kicking ourselves over this, or do something stupid like spunk £35m on him. :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1243: Jan 06, 2015 05:25:14 pm
      There is also the bit of human phsyce which no one can ever explain fully, call it favouritism, fear, ego etc.
      which would explain Rodgers allegiance (favouritism) to players like Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Allen.

Suso has been unfortunate to have been here before Rodgers arrived.

I know they play in slightly different positions but no one can convince me Allen has deserved so many starts over Suso.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1244: Jan 06, 2015 06:28:24 pm
      I don't think it's the main focus once you've proved your worth to the team but as a young player trying to break into the 1st team it's vital mate.  Without that drive and determination you'll never succeed at the highest level, in any walk of life.

You are absolutely right by not having the drive and determination, you won't succeed at a high level, but that doesn't necessary have to reflect in training in my opinion.

Just for an example, Suso was sent out on loan last season to a league that he's familiar with.  He went to a team where there were no expectations of him or the team, no real pressure to perform and where he was probably the most talented player in the squad.  He should have found it easy to dazzle, he should have been orchestrating their midfield, he should have left his mark.  He started very well, he had stats comparable with Messi in the first few months then after Xmas he became a non entity.

He did well playing in the majority of games he started as 19/20 yr old, also, playing in a less favoured position. As for no real pressure, pressure is pressure, no matter how you perceive it. He had the pressure to succeed and perform, to help the team to stay above relegation zone. As for being familiar with La Liga, I'm not so sure. Came here when he was 16, acclimatising to the weather, playing for the youth and reserves as well as playing for our first team for the first half of a season. I would say he was more familiar with our league than the Spanish.

He should have come back here as a superstar, he should have had a similar season to Raheems in terms of showcasing his undoubted talent, if he had we probably wouldn't have needed to buy Lallana or Markovic.  That is why we send young players on loan, to see what they can do, to see how much they push themselves, to see if they've got the determination needed to become the very best they can and to see if they can be of use to us.

He did well, as well as Sterling did for us for the first couple of seasons, or enough to warrant an opportunity to prove his worth. I never expected him to light up La Liga, I didn't expect him to return as a superstar because he was a kid with very very little professional experience, I just wanted him to do well (which he did) and return as a player with experience under his belt and to get an opportunity.

I still don't believe it's down to being "lazy" in training. I reckon more so that Rodgers doesn't fancy him or doesn't know where to fit him in our system,  but who knows? everything we make is just assumptions.

Sorry, don't always disagree with you, reddebs, just a matter of different opinions from my life experiences :)

I know they play in slightly different positions but no one can convince me Allen has deserved so many starts over Suso.

Not so much different positions at the beginning of the season with Allen playing left of a diamond. A position I feel Suso would've slotted easily.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1245: Jan 06, 2015 06:41:19 pm
      Re: training

It is certainly quite telling that in the "meet the players" segments, in every single one I've seen which has had a "who do you think is the laziest player in training" question (about 3 have had the question), all the players have answered that Suso is.

Sorry mate is this an LFCtv thing or written articles, cant find it anywhere.

Just to add, a similar snippets of laziness in training were coming from Suso´s loan in Spain as well.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1246: Jan 06, 2015 06:46:06 pm
      Sorry, don't always disagree with you, reddebs, just a matter of different opinions from my life experiences :)

No need to apologise mate, the forum is all about opinions and young players coming through always creates good debate. 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1247: Jan 06, 2015 06:51:57 pm
      The greatest athlete of all time (Michael Jordan)

Dont disagree with the rest of your post but I am curious as to how you name him as the greates athlete of all time I dont think he would come inside most peoples top five to be honest well not outside of the Usa anyhow .

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1248: Jan 06, 2015 07:50:48 pm
      I'm personally disappointed it looks like he's leaving, I always thought he looked like he had bags of talent, and just needed a good run in the team to impose himself.

I guess we'll never know, very frustrating though, when you see us spending quite a lot of money on squad players who don't even seem to provide more to the team. Is he that much worse than some we've seen? Sahin (from what he did for us), or some of the players we actually bought - Assaidi, Luis Alberto, Borini, Allen, there are others.

I appreciate they don't all play his exact position, but I don't think they have given much more to the side than Suso, surely he could have bee given more playing time? I also agree to an extent with the Pacheco comparisons, who seemed a little more raw, but looked like he could have stepped it up for us.

Anyway, I wasn't even going to post as I don't like just repeating what I've read in a thread, but the actual quality of the debate in here made me want to participate, it was really a breath of fresh air so thanks to everyone in the last 30-40 posts! Reminded me of when I first joined, and opinions were respected and considered instead of rejected outright.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1249: Jan 06, 2015 08:00:09 pm

Anyway, I wasn't even going to post as I don't like just repeating what I've read in a thread, but the actual quality of the debate in here made me want to participate, it was really a breath of fresh air so thanks to everyone in the last 30-40 posts! Reminded me of when I first joined, and opinions were respected and considered instead of rejected outright.

I can only agree with this.. It's great to read and participate in decent debate that has no hidden agenda or malice behind it.

I've plussed all people involved in it each for their posts in an interesting debate.

A nice hearted football conversation.. I remember those

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1250: Jan 06, 2015 08:04:46 pm
      I can only agree with this.. It's great to read and participate in decent debate that has no hidden agenda or malice behind it.

I've plussed all people involved in it each for their posts in an interesting debate.

A nice hearted football conversation.. I remember those

Nice one.

:hug:

:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1251: Jan 06, 2015 09:00:26 pm
      From memory, every time I have seen the lad play, he looked good, he looked natural and had silky smooth skills. On most occassions he scored too, so a bit upset he is leaving. I have a BAD feeling (for us) he will turn out to be World Class,
      given an opportunity.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #1252: Jan 06, 2015 09:08:48 pm
      I guess we all saw this one coming. It's a real shame he hasn't been fit the past few months. Excuse I think he would probably have actually got a few games and a chance to show he belonged and perhaps he might forced his way into Brendan's thinking. It does feel like it was an opportunity missed with this lad but only time will tell. Have to agree with those who have already asked questions of the purchases of players like Alberto or Aspas whilst ignoring the talents of Suso. I think he will go on to have a decent career at a good,evel and wish the lad well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1253: Jan 06, 2015 09:17:31 pm
      Silly mistake to let him go. Don't understand why we persist with the likes of Balotelli who simply aren't good enough yet don't play Suso.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1254: Jan 06, 2015 09:21:45 pm
      Silly mistake to let him go. Don't understand why we persist with the likes of Balotelli who simply aren't good enough yet don't play Suso.

Not really a fair comparison mate

Suso would be against Raheem, Lallana Markovic etc..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1255: Jan 06, 2015 09:21:47 pm

Yep. Quite a few youth players can fall in to this category.

He looked the goods. Great with the ball and looked to have that little something special that only a few players have at his age.

Good luck to the guy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1256: Jan 06, 2015 09:23:51 pm
      Not really a fair comparison mate

Suso would be against Raheem, Lallana Markovic etc..

Perfectly fair IMO. The likes of Balotelli who couldn't give a sh*t yet we have a youngster who has bags of potential and has looked very promising when he has played yet we deem him not right or not good enough.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1257: Jan 06, 2015 09:27:19 pm
      Perfectly fair IMO. The likes of Balotelli who couldn't give a sh*t yet we have a youngster who has bags of potential and has looked very promising when he has played yet we deem him not right or not good enough.

I get that mate

Just saying they don't play in the same position, not that Balotelli gives a sh*te.

Like I said earlier I think Suso looks a talent, I just think we have signed a fair few in the role he plays and he isn't in contention for that role
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1258: Jan 06, 2015 09:29:20 pm
      I get that mate

Just saying they don't play in the same position, not that Balotelli gives a sh*te.

Like I said earlier I think Suso looks a talent, I just think we have signed a fair few in the role he plays and he isn't in contention for that role

Oh right. Well even though there are quite a few players in similar positions, all it takes is an injury or two and you are having to struggle by. Now Lallana is out injured yet again and Sterling playing as a striker, that straight away opens up more space for him in the team.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1259: Jan 06, 2015 09:31:06 pm
      It seems Rodgers would much prefer to pay 20 mil on potential instead of using what we already have at the club . For the little game time Suso got i always thought he was a decent player with bags of potential . We'll be sorry to see him go and imho we'll regret it in time to come . Pogba and the scum comes to mind .
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1260: Jan 06, 2015 09:33:04 pm
      Oh right. Well even though there are quite a few players in similar positions, all it takes is an injury or two and you are having to struggle by. Now Lallana is out injured yet again and Sterling playing as a striker, that straight away opens up more space for him in the team.

I'd agree with that but unfortunately the player is out of contract in the summer and has made it clear he wants off by discussing moves away on a free.

He probably knows he isn't in the plans when everyone is fully fit and doesn't want to stay and only get games when people are injured so has decided to move on
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1261: Jan 06, 2015 09:36:43 pm
      I'd agree with that but unfortunately the player is out of contract in the summer and has made it clear he wants off by discussing moves away on a free.

He probably knows he isn't in the plans when everyone is fully fit and doesn't want to stay and only get games when people are injured so has decided to move on

Unfortunately the case for many talented youngsters, not just with us but at others clubs too.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1262: Jan 06, 2015 11:13:52 pm
      I'm personally disappointed it looks like he's leaving, I always thought he looked like he had bags of talent, and just needed a good run in the team to impose himself.

I guess we'll never know, very frustrating though, when you see us spending quite a lot of money on squad players who don't even seem to provide more to the team. Is he that much worse than some we've seen? Sahin (from what he did for us), or some of the players we actually bought - Assaidi, Luis Alberto, Borini, Allen, there are others.

I appreciate they don't all play his exact position, but I don't think they have given much more to the side than Suso, surely he could have bee given more playing time? I also agree to an extent with the Pacheco comparisons, who seemed a little more raw, but looked like he could have stepped it up for us.

This.

Thank you to everyone who's posted in here over the last 24 hours or so. I always enjoy seeing a good debate without bickering or people thinking their opinion is better that someone elses.

I'll stick to reading through boards like this other than the Kop for the time being as I'm getting quite sick of the belittling of others lately.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1263: Jan 07, 2015 04:11:00 am
      Disgusting
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1264: Jan 07, 2015 08:57:56 am
      I was sincerley looking forward to a Can, Suso midfield pairing a couple of years down the line, think they'd have been the perfect foil for each other, Can the ball winner, Suso dictating the play with his silky passing.

Really think we've fu**ed up here, Suso has all the ingredients to be a top,top central midfiedler, he just needs to be playing a good standard of football now to seriously hone them.

Quick Reply