Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool At The End Of The Road Financially - Bayern President

Read 6438 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Liverpool At The End Of The Road Financially - Bayern President
      Sep 15, 2010 12:18:49 pm
      Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has claimed that Liverpool could not afford to sign Mario Gomez due to being 'at the end of the road financially'.

Roy Hodgson had hoped to bring in a striker before the close of the transfer window earlier this month and earmarked the 26-year-old to ease the burden on Fernando Torres.

Liverpool had hoped to secure the Germany international's services on a season-long loan but wage demands of £125,000-a-week were believed to be the stumbling block.

Hoeness has now revealed that the real reason why Gomez was not allowed to leave the Allianz-Arena was due to the Reds' refusal to negotiate with the Bundesliga champions and make the move permanent rather due to their financial problems.

The Royal Bank of Scotland are planning to seize control of the club next month when current owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are expected to default on their current loan agreement with the high street giant.

He said: “We would have only considered allowing Gomez to go if ­Liverpool had been willing to buy him.

"But they are at the end of the road financially.

“The banks won’t give them any more money. There aren’t many clubs left with money to spend.

"Manchester City are one, but they can’t buy 100 players.”

Plans to lure Kevin Doyle and Carlton Cole to Anfield on the final day of the window were rejected by Wolves and West Ham respectively, whilst Hodgson's approach to former club Fulham for Bobby Zamora was also turned down

Click Liverpool
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool At The End Of The Road Financially - Bayern President
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2010 12:25:24 pm
      And the £6 million that dissapeared from Dossena and Voronins transfers and the £15 million transfer profit we made in the summer and the £17m standard chartered money disappeared too ?

Answers on a post card to....

Tom & George are F***ing us over.
      P.O Box they don't give a F**k
      Liverpool
      Merseyside
      L4

What I'd have gave for a £38 million net spend this summer.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2010 12:28:38 pm
      I take it the Bayern President's not been following our fortune's to closely then, we've known that for 3 yrs !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #3: Sep 15, 2010 12:32:53 pm
      What's German for "state the F***ing obvious".
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: Sep 15, 2010 12:36:36 pm
      I know we're in a bad financial state obviously..but does nobody think that we wouldn't have been willing to pay Gomez £125,000 a week anyways? Fact is he's just not that good!!

Also I didn't realise we had been linked with Kevin Doyle. He would have been a much better option than Carlton Cole...he pretty much single handedly kept Wolves up last season and I feel that he's due a run at a big club to prove himself...would've been relatively cheap too!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Sep 15, 2010 12:37:37 pm

Zustand der F***ing offensichtliche
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #6: Sep 15, 2010 12:40:11 pm
      I certainly hope it is nearing the end of the road for the owners.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Sep 15, 2010 12:44:31 pm
      Looking forward to the day when this club of ours is in good hands and we can rebuild the empire ,looking forward to meeting the likes of B Munich and Barcelona and remind the bas**rds what a big club we are ,get the feeling most clubs are enjoying us being in this financial mess ,revenge will taste extra sweet believe me.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Sep 15, 2010 01:01:15 pm
      Revenge will be sweet.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9: Sep 15, 2010 01:13:44 pm
      Plans to lure Kevin Doyle and Carlton Cole to Anfield on the final day of the window were rejected by Wolves and West Ham respectively, whilst Hodgson's approach to former club Fulham for Bobby Zamora was also turned down

Does this give me a glimmer of hope that if we get real owners in before the January window we might be in witha sniff of signing Kevin Doyle?

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #10: Sep 15, 2010 01:21:41 pm

To be fair - Hoeness has proven, judging by his statement, that he's more aware of our plight than a sh*t load of our fans.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 15, 2010 01:41:43 pm
      Also I didn't realise we had been linked with Kevin Doyle. He would have been a much better option than Carlton Cole...he pretty much single handedly kept Wolves up last season and I feel that he's due a run at a big club to prove himself...would've been relatively cheap too!
      That's what surprised me. I'd definitely get Doyle. Hopefully something will happen in January as Roy will understand we can't compete if we've Ngog as back-up striker. He said he had some money but didn't find the right person, so get Doyle and send Ngog to Wolves on loan.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #12: Sep 15, 2010 01:54:51 pm
      That's what surprised me. I'd definitely get Doyle. Hopefully something will happen in January as Roy will understand we can't compete if we've Ngog as back-up striker. He said he had some money but didn't find the right person, so get Doyle and send Ngog to Wolves on loan.

Strangely enough, for all the talk about Doyle (on here); his Premier League stats, for the past two seasons; are worse than C. Cole's and in terms of "goals per minutes played": worse than N'Gog's.

I wonder what it is about him?  ;D

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #13: Sep 15, 2010 01:54:56 pm
      To be fair - Hoeness has proven, judging by his statement, that he's more aware of our plight than a sh*t load of our fans.

Tragically True!
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #14: Sep 15, 2010 02:36:14 pm
      What's German for "state the f**king obvious".

Wasn't it 5-1, with Liverpool players scoring the goals ?
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #15: Sep 15, 2010 02:58:54 pm
      Interesting my friends cousin is Kevin Doyle,and Liverpool did not approch wolves about him, cause he would of jumped at the chance to sign for us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Sep 15, 2010 03:03:06 pm
      Doyle would be a good signing. Hard working with good ball control. No doubt cheaper than the hugely inflated price for Gomez.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #17: Sep 15, 2010 03:05:25 pm
      Great all round player,with a wonderful eye for goal.Would be super playing of Torrres.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #18: Sep 15, 2010 03:12:05 pm

Obviously missed the news story in which Mick McCarthy placed a £50m price tag on Doyle's head.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #19: Sep 15, 2010 06:54:36 pm
      Liverpool isn't just at the end of the road financially, we are end of the road ownership wise....YANKS OUT!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #20: Sep 15, 2010 08:51:19 pm

Sad bbb but very, very true. I'm walkin around Asda in my Standards Corrupted shirt and all i see is my shirts alter ego, the American version. :mad:

As regards the topic, he's right really we are at the end of the road financially or at least I hope so. If he's gone all Mystic Meg it can only mean that the end of the road is nigh and Hankywank & Gobblebum are at the end of their personal financial road, a T Junction and their reverse gears gone.

Message for our Yank destroyers..........

You Will Always Walk Alone, YWAWA FUCKERS.  ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Always look on the bright side of life. YNWA my Brothers and Sisters, the beginning is nigh.  ;D
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #21: Sep 15, 2010 09:34:24 pm
      I know we're in a bad financial state obviously..but does nobody think that we wouldn't have been willing to pay Gomez £125,000 a week anyways? Fact is he's just not that good!!

I've not seen him play much, so I can only go on his record - He didn't do that well at Bayern around one goal every three games, but he scored a goal every other game throughout his career and three goals every four games at Stuttgart - comparable stats to the man who makes us bounce.  I reckon he could have done a job for us this season, would have been a great loan signing too and would have made Torres happier - knowing our fortunes are not resting solely on his shoulders.  But he is Bayern's player and they didn't want him to go on a loan and we couldn't afford to sign him.  Sigh.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22: Sep 15, 2010 10:29:35 pm
      F...ing   Zee Off  Meinen  UndenFeuhrer  C**t.

Ja Ja......... Blah Blah.

Vo ist meinen Panzer Tank?

Quick Reply