Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

PS3 - FIFA 11 - LFC Reds Club

Read 11980 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      PS3 - FIFA 11 - LFC Reds Club
      Sep 17, 2010 08:07:49 pm
      As has already been mentioned, FIFA 11 will feature 11v11 online and this of course will also be an option in Clubs. We’re really excited to finally be offering the chance to play a match as a full team and hope to see some goalkeepers making a name for themselves in the online world. As with last year we’ll be featuring a Pro Leaderboard that displays the top players in each position based on online performance, which will now also include goalkeeper ratings. Of course if nobody fancies going between the sticks an AI player will do the job for you and I’m sure you’ll be pleased to hear we won’t be lending you 5′2 goalies this year.

A new player is welcomed to Pro Clubs and given the different options for finding a Club to join.

Club Creation and Customisation

First on our list of community requests was the ability to have more customisation when creating a Club. I’m actually going to start with some bad news, but really hope the news that follows will outweigh it. So, at the beginning of the year it was very much our intention to allow Clubs to use the Creation Centre feature to create kits and crests for online Clubs, unfortunately we found this to be a lot more problematic than we had hoped and this won’t be available when the game is released. We are looking into the possibility of adding this later in the year but at the very least it will certainly be included for FIFA 12. So with that out of the way on to some good news….

This year when creating Clubs, managers can select a ‘Commentary Name’ from a database of around 500 names, with the Commentator calling out this name instead of the team chosen when the club was created or edited. The names available include various cities from the around the World and common Club names such as United, City, Rovers and so on. We’ve also added a few names from the top Clubs in FIFA 10 to thank them for the continued involvement in the feature and this is something I hope we can expand on in the coming years as more Clubs rise to the fore. Another new customisation feature is the ability to be able to choose your Home Stadium. However, when it comes to stadiums, new Clubs will all be given the same stadium (a 10,000-seater), with new stadiums unlocked as your Club becomes more successful. You will also be able to see a Club’s stadium capacity when viewing their home page to get an idea of the level of the Club and of course this is something you’ll also notice when you play at their home ground.

The new Club ‘HUB’ offers an overview of who’s online, results and the time left in the Season.

As with last year when creating a Club you can choose which Regional League you would like to participate in, but another change we made this year was to create a generic player pool for each Region, so player names and appearance for any positions not filled by Virtual Pro’s will be based on your League selection. And because it’s something I know a lot of people have been concerned about, you should also know that we’ve made the generic players far more suitable for their positions, so you won’t be let down by having a player at centre back who’s not suited to playing that role efficiently.

The League and Cup

So when it comes to the competitive matches a Club can play in FIFA 11 we have continued the monthly Seasonal feature from FIFA 10 as well as having added a Cup competition, with both match types available to select from in the new Match Lobby. The Cup can be entered at any time and requires a Club to win 4 consecutive games to win the trophy, which sounds a lot easier than it really is as by the time you reach the later stages you’ll be facing other Clubs that have also progressed to that stage, so the matches will get harder as you go on. The number of Cup wins is displayed on your Club home page and on the overall World Leaderboard, which I’ll get to shortly. We hope the addition of the Cup adds a nice option for Clubs that maybe don’t play regularly enough to challenge for League honours as well as an alternative for those that will be.

With the League, as was the case last year, each Season will run for a month, with the team that finishes 1st awarded the League title. The number of League titles won is also displayed on your Club’s home page. We’ve also added a new screen which displays each Leagues History; a list of the previous Seasons’ League champs. To keep track of who the top Clubs are across all leagues we also have the Club World Rankings, which show all time results & rank the top 100,000 Clubs.

Practice Match and Friendlies

One of my favourite new features this year is the Practice Match. This option, available in the new Match Lobby, allows a Club to improve their teamwork or try out new members in an Unranked Match against the CPU, who play as the World XI set to Legendary difficulty. From our experience this is a really hard match, but the way we figured it, the best way to learn is to play the best. The World XI squad also changes each time you play them, so you get to test yourself against a lot of different stars from the game. We found the Practice match to be particularly useful when trying out different people in goal, as that’s the last thing you want to do in an official League or Cup Match. I won’t lie, we still haven’t beaten the World XI (although I did keep a Clean Sheet once…) but I am pretty sure a lot of Clubs will and it’s probably going to be a pretty good insight into how good of a team you really are.

Last year’s Clubs included the ability to challenge other Clubs to a match. This year we decided to make these games Unranked, as unfortunately some Clubs were using it to boost their ranking by playing another Club they had also created together. For me making this option Unranked was important, as we’re trying to do what we can to minimize cheating in Clubs, so it’s now officially a Friendly Match. I still think it’s a great option for Clubs to be able to play other teams they have got to know. It’s also another way to try out players without the pressure of league points or cup progress at stake. We’ll also be using it to play some of the Community’s most active Clubs as we did last year and hopefully this time round we’ll be able to beat some of you!

Finding a Club and Recruiting Players

One area which was somewhat based on community feedback, but more so a desire to try and get more people playing the mode, was to try and improve the ease of joining a Club and recruiting players. Whilst I still feel there is more we can do here, I think we’ve made some good improvements in this area. Firstly, when not in a Club you’ll get much simpler access to a list of Clubs your Friends are already a part of as well as an improved search feature which will tell you if Club members are online, what positions they currently have as well as a selection of result stats. You’ll also only be shown ‘active’ Clubs, those that have played recently, so you won’t be asking to join a Club that is no longer playing.

Other improvements in this area include increasing the size of the Free Agents Leaderboard, so Club managers can approach people who have played online but aren’t currently in a Club. But my personal favourite is that now, when playing a Pro Ranked Match you are able to see other users Virtual Pro’s preferred Positions, Overall Ratings & average ratings when selecting a side, as well as whether or not they currently belong to a Club. This will allow Club Managers to consider who to look out for before a game starts and then approach them to sign for the Club at the end of the match if they are impressed with their performance.

Hitting the Pitch

Another area we received a lot of feedback on was the amount of time it takes getting into a game and this is something I think we’ve addressed this year with our new Match Lobby. The Match Lobby allows a team to select their formation and positions before searching for matches. You’ll also be able to see what everyone’s Virtual Pro’s preferred position and rating are to help you decide who’s going to play where. It’s from this screen that you’ll also choose your match type (League, Cup and Practice) as well as be able to search for Club to challenge to a Friendly.  Other new features include being able to instantly switch Captain (which we know was annoying last year…) and apply filters to match searches including specifying which league, and the minimum number of opponent club players.

Selecting Formation and Positions in the Match Lobby now makes getting into games faster.

When it comes to “on the pitch” gameplay, Clubs will obviously benefit from all the improvements made in this area, but we’ve also worked on various team play specific issues and known exploits such as the back post corner, surrounding the goalkeeper and multiple users telling the AI players to press, just to mention a few. We also made sure any custom camera changes you made are saved as again we know this was a community gripe from FIFA 10. And one of our favourite new additions is the ability to view and save highlights at the end of the match, so you can relive those great individual or team moments.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/blogs/offthebench/post/slug/pro-clubs-in-fifa-11

Sounds great, and I or JD or somebody will set this up straight away :) I'm getting it on the night so would get it done ASAP
      Firstly, who's up for this?
      And what positions will your VP play etc.. we could practice different Goalkeepers out in the new practice mode available

There's a few things with getting in early, at one point it must be good to get in early and get used to it and develop as a team
      However people's pros may not be great as of the lack of time to improve him
      So we need to decide when really but as i previously said the club will be set up ASAP, it's then just a matter of when you want to play, or we could just practice for the first few weeks
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: PS3 - FIFA 11 - LFC Reds Club
      Reply #1: Sep 17, 2010 08:13:40 pm
      Last year we played pretty well for a couple of months before loss of intrest, ect.
      I'm game agian may not be able to get on as much with alot of exams this year but will be on, I play behind the striker. I also think we should start straight away agian seeing as every teams pro's will not be great, I would be willing to help with the managing of the club ect if needed.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #2: Sep 17, 2010 08:15:21 pm
      Exams shmexams :P I've got loads haha
      Yeh me and you up top again :)

Yeh i agree with getting in early, if only with 3 or 4 players
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #3: Sep 17, 2010 08:17:42 pm
      Exams shmexams :P I've got loads haha
      Yeh me and you up top again :)

Yeh I agree with getting in early, if only with 3 or 4 players
      Yeah same mate,
      yeah was a boss parternship that :P.

Yeah definetly mate as we can try out new players ect in the early games.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #4: Sep 17, 2010 08:19:19 pm
      For anyone intrested here's the stats from last year:
      http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/clubs/741A0001/3686/overview
      Luke-93-ynwa and semple steal the top ratings having played 5 games between them :P
      But average ratings really mean F**k all anyway.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #5: Sep 17, 2010 08:37:11 pm
      52 goals, 21 assists, 76% pass success,
      ;)

Nice one for that mate :)
      Can't wait for this ha, thank F**k for getting E.M.A
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #6: Sep 17, 2010 08:49:36 pm
      Many of those goals provided by......... ;)

27 goals,19 assists pretty much what you want from your in the hole type player.

and sorry mate what's E.M.A ???
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #7: Sep 17, 2010 08:51:30 pm
      Haha exactly ;)

Basically i get ÂŁ30 a week for going to college (have to attend every lesson on time etc in the week) because myhome earnings are less than a certain amount because my Dad moved out

Anyway...Fifa!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #8: Sep 17, 2010 08:58:49 pm
      Oh right okay mate i've got all that to come yet.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9: Sep 17, 2010 09:03:35 pm
      Educational Maintenance Allowance.

God knows why the government dish it out.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #10: Sep 17, 2010 09:18:42 pm
      Your up for playing this year i assume Res?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #11: Sep 17, 2010 09:23:39 pm
      Your up for playing this year i assume Res?

Negatory good buddy.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #12: Sep 17, 2010 10:01:57 pm
      Educational Maintenance Allowance.

God knows why the government dish it out.
      For people like me ;) It is a pretty stupid system, assuming everybody's parents give them ÂŁ30 a week haha but i'm not complaining
      ANYWAY
      Why aren't you joining Res? :-[
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #13: Sep 21, 2010 01:13:42 pm
      I'm happy to play again.

Sold my FIFA 10 the other week in anticipation of getting the new FIFA.  Impressed with the demo, took another step up.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: Sep 21, 2010 01:16:55 pm
      I'll be up for this again!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #15: Sep 21, 2010 01:31:00 pm
      Any xbox fans?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #16: Sep 21, 2010 04:17:42 pm
      Make your own thread ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Sep 21, 2010 05:00:20 pm

Clue's in the title of the thread ;)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #18: Sep 21, 2010 07:21:36 pm
      I'm happy to play again.

Sold my FIFA 10 the other week in anticipation of getting the new FIFA.  Impressed with the demo, took another step up.
      You heading it?
      Or shall i make it?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #19: Sep 22, 2010 07:41:10 am
      I'm game again, but i won't be on for the first month as i sit my Year 12 exams and after that i'm going to have a sh*t load of free time. I'll play either wing, depending on where others want to play. I'll also see how the Be a Keeper is, incase i do a good job there...
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #20: Sep 22, 2010 05:11:25 pm
      So we've got a winger, me and thereds13 up top, (I'm willing to change if someone else wants to play there)

Anyone else?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #21: Sep 22, 2010 06:18:17 pm
      It sucks they can't allow cross platform play online. I would love to play with you guys, but I have to get Fifa 11 on Xbox360....I might buy it on PS3 later on though.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #22: Sep 23, 2010 10:10:25 am
      Ok I'm in. But not sure exactly what's going on so someone PM if need be. :laugh:

Quick Reply