Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Rafa: Liverpool Board Know Nothing About Football

Read 16572 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Rafa: Liverpool Board Know Nothing About Football
      Reply #23: Sep 21, 2010 04:15:26 pm
      Say no more... Eurored has been officially owned.. Rafa knows nothing about football??. Please.. Get a grip.. *sighs*

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Woop Woop.

I used to take this seriously.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Sep 21, 2010 04:15:54 pm
      What a load of f***in bollocks, Rafa was simply indicating that working under Moratti is much better than when he was under H&G, it does'nt take a rocket scientist to work that out, why bring in his decisions like withdrawing Nando, Rafa made mistakes of course he did what manager does'nt, he is gone now but people still want to bash him, f***in shame on you!! the man is a legend and i would have him back in charge in a heartbeat, would'nt you?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #25: Sep 21, 2010 05:01:52 pm
      Think Rafa is spot on ! why else would they turn down Kenny for manager when he offered to do the job? quite clear they don't want anyone football minded who can argue back at them ,Rafa's job is in italy ,his heart is still attached to anfield .
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #26: Sep 21, 2010 05:04:31 pm
      What a load of f***in bollocks, Rafa was simply indicating that working under Moratti is much better than when he was under H&G, it does'nt take a rocket scientist to work that out, why bring in his decisions like withdrawing Nando, Rafa made mistakes of course he did what manager does'nt, he is gone now but people still want to bash him, f***in shame on you!! the man is a legend and I would have him back in charge in a heartbeat, would'nt you?

Um.....let me think.........YES, YES, YES!
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #27: Sep 21, 2010 05:41:07 pm
      What a load of f***in bollocks, Rafa was simply indicating that working under Moratti is much better than when he was under H&G, it does'nt take a rocket scientist to work that out, why bring in his decisions like withdrawing Nando, Rafa made mistakes of course he did what manager does'nt, he is gone now but people still want to bash him, f***in shame on you!! the man is a legend and I would have him back in charge in a heartbeat, would'nt you?

No disrespect to Roy , but , THIS !!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #28: Sep 21, 2010 05:46:44 pm
      Ain't we been down this road before?

I wasn't that keen on it last time.
      skrtel_the_trtel
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2010 05:49:19 pm
      Torres clearly wasn't ready, and his attitude and body language showed it. He went down easily, was rusty, tired-looking etc. He just needs more time. I don't seee why anyone cares whether the board knows anything about football anyway, as they don't make the pitchside decisions. They aren't in the technical area pulling the strings.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2010 05:54:47 pm

Considering you were such a big supporter of the man at one stage, you take every chance to give him sh*t. Frankly, its childish and makes you seem no better than the likes of AngelicRayment. This is a man who won the Champions League here, almost got the title - oh, and has two spanish titles to his name as well with a club other than Barca or Madrid.

F**k off with that sh*t, especially when he is having a go at our owners as well. He should be supported in the fact he is still speaking out even though he has no professional affinity with the club anymore.

ANYWAYS, just had to get that off my chest as seeing that made me want to punch something.

Love how he is so smart with his digs at things. Using 'soccer' instead of football to highlight the attitude of our owners to the sport. Love it. Love Rafa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #31: Sep 21, 2010 06:34:03 pm
      Torres clearly wasn't ready, and his attitude and body language showed it. He went down easily, was rusty, tired-looking etc. He just needs more time. I don't seee why anyone cares whether the board knows anything about football anyway, as they don't make the pitchside decisions. They aren't in the technical area pulling the strings.

Nothing to do with technical decisions though is it lad?

It's all to do with the bas**rds not providing any F***ing sort of transfer budget and not backing his plans for the club.
      skrtel_the_trtel
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #32: Sep 21, 2010 06:38:48 pm
      That's true, quote Shanks' holy trinity ;D

But knowing about football applies to the pitch and what happens on it, not to the guys signing the cheques (or not in this case). Our board are guilty of NOT signing those cheques. Doesn't matter what they know about football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #33: Sep 21, 2010 06:40:39 pm
      That's true, quote Shanks' holy trinity ;D

But knowing about football applies to the pitch and what happens on it, not to the guys signing the cheques (or not in this case). Our board are guilty of NOT signing those cheques. Doesn't matter what they know about football.

Still helps.

I'd guarantee Sir John Smith and Peter Robinson would have known a lot more than the current idiots we have on our board.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #34: Sep 21, 2010 06:42:07 pm
      Tell us something we dont already know Rafa pal.
      skrtel_the_trtel
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #35: Sep 21, 2010 06:43:18 pm
      My five year old son knows more about football than that bunch of cu*ts.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #36: Sep 21, 2010 07:36:24 pm
      I miss Rafa.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Sep 21, 2010 07:37:09 pm
      If Rafa was provided with a proper transfer budget he would have won us the league, he saying what we already know but nice to hear a legend say it. I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibilty we see Rafa back here either.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #38: Sep 21, 2010 07:41:07 pm

So i take it you were not running round like a nutter in 2005 when Stevie lifted the European cup? Or excited  in 2009 when you thought he would lift number 19? or in 2006 when we won the fa cup? I could go on....

Every manager makes bad decisions, they are human just like we are- i wont list mistakes other top managers have made, as it would take all day- give Rafa the credit he is due!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #39: Sep 21, 2010 07:42:11 pm
      when you look at the current crop of managers about Rafa stands head and shoulders above them. Anyone for MON???????
      skrtel_the_trtel
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 21, 2010 07:43:10 pm
      If Rafa was provided with a proper transfer budget he would have won us the league, he saying what we already know but nice to hear a legend say it. I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibilty we see Rafa back here either.

Agree to an extent here, but without opening old wounds or seeming like a dick, surely Roy should see this as a golden opportunity to attack and go for it? Really try to do what Rafa couldn't?  I mean, he won't be provided with a transfer budget either. And if I went from Fulham to Liverpool I would be like a kid in a toy shop. I hope I'm being clear here.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Sep 21, 2010 07:49:32 pm
      Roy isn't showing much sign of going for it so far though, Torres is so isolated at times I think Reina is the closest player to him. It has been shocking to watch
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #42: Sep 21, 2010 07:49:59 pm
      They chose Roy over Kenny FFS. Roy is ours now so he will get his chance and our support I am sure. However if the takeover does eventually happen then I think its anyones guess what will happen but if we are mid table or worse then I dont think he could complain if he was replaced.
      After all this is Liverpool and we deserve the best Manager in the world, does Roy really fit that bill.As for the board they are business men and not football men otherwise when Kenny said he was interested they should bowed at his feet and kissed them.
      skrtel_the_trtel
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #43: Sep 21, 2010 07:52:26 pm
      I saw some links somewhere that Martin O Bloody Neill was being lined up already by the new prospective buyers! WTF? Give Roy a chance for crying out loud!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #44: Sep 21, 2010 07:52:27 pm
      If there is a takeover I think Hodgson is another Mark Hughes waiting to happen.
      skrtel_the_trtel
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #45: Sep 21, 2010 07:56:48 pm
      I hope not, for the sake of the players more than anything.

Quick Reply