Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Could this be the problem with the squad?

Read 12107 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Could this be the problem with the squad?
      Reply #46: Sep 29, 2010 03:41:13 am
      Bollocks.

Arsenal produce less academy kids than most sides in the League. They simply pinch kids from other clubs (Fabregas from Barcelona, Walcott from Southampton, Ramsey from Cardiff, Van Persie from Feyenoord, Vela from whichever Mexican side he came from, Clichy from whichever French side he came from) and then they try and make out they have a great set of kids. They don't, they just pinch players from other clubs.

With the exception of Ashley Cole, they haven't produced a real regular in their side in the last decade. Their great youth system was in effect in the late 80s early 90s with Merson, Adams, Parlour, Davis (probably a regular by the mid 80s to be fair), Rocastle all breaking through.

Complete correct, I was saying this last season to deaf ears, when they had one player in their 1st team squad & not sent out on loan.  Mind you, some of Wenger's Kids paid off big style, lets hope we start to see some of the youth product broght in by Rafa make it.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: Sep 29, 2010 04:46:10 am
      Bollocks.

Arsenal produce less academy kids than most sides in the League. They simply pinch kids from other clubs (Fabregas from Barcelona, Walcott from Southampton, Ramsey from Cardiff, Van Persie from Feyenoord, Vela from whichever Mexican side he came from, Clichy from whichever French side he came from) and then they try and make out they have a great set of kids. They don't, they just pinch players from other clubs.

With the exception of Ashley Cole, they haven't produced a real regular in their side in the last decade. Their great youth system was in effect in the late 80s early 90s with Merson, Adams, Parlour, Davis (probably a regular by the mid 80s to be fair), Rocastle all breaking through.

Could not agree more.

Bloody tired of hearing this theory from Arsenal fans and football "experts" alike.

Look at some of their starting 11 this season Almunia, Sagna, Vermalen, Konscielny/Squilaci, Rosicky,Nasri, Arshavin, Van Persie, Chamakh were all purchased as allready experienced players at their respective clubs. That would only leave Song, Denilson, Gibbs, Fabregas, Clichy and Walcott the last 3 who were poached from other clubs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: Sep 29, 2010 05:10:23 am
      Song and Denilson were poached, also.

He has an eye for spotting talent young, that cannot be questioned, but do Arsenal develop them? Hardly, in the grand scheme of things.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #49: Sep 29, 2010 06:18:23 am
      Bollocks.

Rubbish

How many of the pinched and stolen players went straight into the first team? Bottom line? Liverpool FC has spent more than Arsenal in the past six years we still claim that they still have a better team than us?

And while we are on the topic, Where did Pacheco, and all the other young lads come from? Our Academy?

Their 25-man squad; most spent their youth years in Arsenal

Could not agree more.

Look at some of their starting 11 this season Almunia, Sagna, Vermalen, Konscielny/Squilaci, Rosicky,Nasri, Arshavin, Van Persie, Chamakh were all purchased as allready experienced players at their respective clubs. That would only leave Song, Denilson, Gibbs, Fabregas, Clichy and Walcott the last 3 who were poached from other clubs.

Nasir was a youth player much like Pacheco; he was getting to be some sort of an impact sub at Marseilleand developed before Arsenal bought him; Chamackh came on a free transfer.

Moreover, if any of the Arsenal players mentioned was at Liverpool FC, as long as they're not Torres or Gerrard, they would be labelled as sh*t.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2010 06:48:04 am by solodee »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,577 posts | 1803 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #50: Sep 29, 2010 08:43:30 am
      I agree with most of the original post.

you have to look at the Europa results, to see we can perform perfectly well without the likes of Carra, Gerrard & Torres.

We place too much importance on these guys sometimes, and we unjustly criticise them for having off days. We also expect too much from them.

But on the other hand some of the other players failed miserably in the carling cup, so some are for sure not good enough.

But at the end of the day we have we have, some excllent world class players and some very very good players, backed up by some good youngsters and and some average joes.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #51: Sep 29, 2010 08:48:29 am
      Funny that lad, seeing as Gerrard's been here all his life and Torres has only been here five minutes, how come along with Reina who's only been here ten minutes, those two FOREIGNERS have actually spoken out continuously about the owners and the problems they are causing the club yet the club captain who's been here his whole life still keeps his gob firmly shut?

What has that got to do with my posts, "lad"? I think you're missing the point.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #52: Sep 29, 2010 02:03:58 pm
      Rubbish

How many of the pinched and stolen players went straight into the first team? Bottom line? Liverpool FC has spent more than Arsenal in the past six years we still claim that they still have a better team than us?

And while we are on the topic, Where did Pacheco, and all the other young lads come from? Our Academy?

Their 25-man squad; most spent their youth years in Arsenal

No Pacheco did not come through our academy. He's a product of Barcelona's. As for how many went straight into the first team, so what? Clichy, Van Persie, Walcott, Ramsey to name but four were all playing first team football before they joined Arsenal. It's like us trying to claim Wilson and Shelvey are products of our youth system because they haven't went straight into the first team.

Truth is, Arsenal don't have a great set of kids. They pinch lads from other clubs across the globe and try and pass them off as their own products. Moreover I'm sick and tired of hearing how Arsenal have such a young side when the vast majority of their starting XI are experienced players.

Have we spent more than Arsenal over the last couple of years? Yeah we have. Do we have a batter side than Arsenal? Some would say we do. Possibly with the exception being the wide areas. But give me our spine over theirs any day.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: Sep 29, 2010 06:43:25 pm
      What a bullshit article. Should we take it now that whispers will continue against our big players, in an attempt to turn some naive fans, and aid their exit in coming transfer windows.

I'll tell you what our squad problems are.

Between 50 - 70 million worth of midfield talent shipped out in two summers.

Replaced by about 16 million worth of 'talent'.
      Do the F***ing math.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #54: Sep 29, 2010 08:05:35 pm
      What has that got to do with my posts, "lad"? I think you're missing the point.

And that was?
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #55: Sep 29, 2010 11:15:07 pm
      I think anyone with an ounce of common sense can deduce that our ONLY problem is the club has been hijacked by utter fraudulent scum. Vermin who have asset stripped our playing staff, acted like tyrants against a legendary manager and sacked him. Then  replaced him with a talentless gimp.

The idea that its the players fault is just garbage and the sort of thing that would be penned in Hicks' office. Such crap doesn't deserve the oxygen of publicity. Its the future of our club at stake.

PS why do some of the posters phrases look SOOOOO much like Jamie Kanwanker?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #56: Sep 29, 2010 11:20:21 pm
      Why do people constantly throw Wenger up against Rafa when debating ?

The fact of the matter is, Rafa was more successful than Wenger in terms of Silverware over the the same time period since Rafa landed on English soil, so the comparisons are fugile.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #57: Sep 29, 2010 11:55:26 pm
      No Pacheco did not come through our academy. He's a product of Barcelona's. As for how many went straight into the first team, so what? Clichy, Van Persie, Walcott, Ramsey to name but four were all playing first team football before they joined Arsenal. It's like us trying to claim Wilson and Shelvey are products of our youth system because they haven't went straight into the first team.

Truth is, Arsenal don't have a great set of kids. They pinch lads from other clubs across the globe and try and pass them off as their own products. Moreover I'm sick and tired of hearing how Arsenal have such a young side when the vast majority of their starting XI are experienced players.

Have we spent more than Arsenal over the last couple of years? Yeah we have. Do we have a batter side than Arsenal? Some would say we do. Possibly with the exception being the wide areas. But give me our spine over theirs any day.
      Why do people constantly throw Wenger up against Rafa when debating ?

The fact of the matter is, Rafa was more successful than Wenger in terms of Silverware over the the same time period since Rafa landed on English soil, so the comparisons are fugile.

My point is this - We can talk about Chelsea, Man City, Man U and say Tottenham as teams that were better funded during Rafa's reign.

We should, however not include Arsenal in the group as, personally, I believe we have a better squad than Arsenal's as we have spent more than Arsenal.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #58: Sep 30, 2010 12:04:47 am

We should, however not include Arsenal in the group as, personally, I believe we have a better squad than Arsenal's as we have spent more than Arsenal.

Why not Wenger has been at Arsenal 14 years and has had time to build his youth facilities and build 3 or 4 good teams within that time.

Rafa had six years to build and moul;d the team he wanted 3 of those years being underfunded.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #59: Sep 30, 2010 02:22:42 am
      i agree with this opinion myself and players who put in dismal performances should be benched for a time. you cannot pick players on last years form the time is the present what have they done this season is whats important.  you cannot reward players for that it sends out the wrong message favoutism they call it. it ruins team morale and upsets chemistry. other players will; say why should i put in 100% if stevie goes missing for a game or two 
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #60: Sep 30, 2010 08:48:18 am
      If you're going to write stuff like this then at least have the balls to put your name to it !!!

Exactly and I'm criticised when I ask whether he's part of the Purslow pr gang...
      One of the most pathetic articles I've read in a while..

"Lets sell Gerrard and Torres". What a pathetic and offensive article.

Quick Reply