Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (1.8%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (17.1%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (0.9%)
      Joe Cole
      (6.3%)
      Raul Meireles
      (6.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (46.8%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (1.8%)
      Fernando Torres
      (9.9%)
      David Ngog
      (1.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.4%)

Liverpool 2:2 Sunderland: In Game & Post match protest.

Read 72849 times
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Re: Liverpool 2:2 Sunderland: In Game & Post match protest.
      Reply #851: Sep 26, 2010 01:38:25 pm
      Ok i thought i would wait until today, to calm down & write my thoughts without getting too carried away.

What a joke! That was pretty much our best team out there today, they should have beaten Sunderland eaisly!
      Now i am not blaming the whole result on Johnson, but he is not on form lately, out-run, beaten & embarrased by Bent, if he played half as good for us as he does for England, we would not have anything to worry about!

Poulsen was shocking- so no surprises there,
      Carra & Skrtel did their bit- as always,

I also noticed Gerrard run straight past Torres when celebrating their goal, now we know people are going to read wayyyy to much into this & worry Torres is leaving (yet again!), but i think it could be one of two things-
      Gerrard took Torres aside in private & told him to pull his socks up & make more of an effort so he is sulking,
      OR
      Torres just wanted to get the ball back & push on to win the game,
      Either way it was strange to see- as those two take any oppourtunity to feel eachother up!

Steve Bruce can F**k off, i was shocked at how many decisions went their way, i for one- dont give a sh*t what he says or what his opinions are.

As for Roy- well, his tactics are obviously not working- the defence hoof the ball up the pitch, just for it to go to the opposite team and they bring it straight back! Our defence are more than capable of playing it out.

We have had a sh*te start to the season, more than i think most of us imagined, time to shake things up abit Roy!
      We cant just keep putting out the same team & hoping for the best- give Pacheco his chance in the first team, play Cole in the hole with Gerrard behind, DO NOT play two defensive midfielders, EVER!

We had better beat Blackpool comfortably or i may jump out the window...
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #852: Sep 26, 2010 01:40:31 pm
      Not good enough, very disappointed with just how bad we look.
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #853: Sep 26, 2010 01:41:46 pm
      We had better beat Blackpool comfortably or I may jump out the window...

Hope the window u jump out is on the ground floor..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #854: Sep 26, 2010 01:47:56 pm
      According to SoS secretary Graham Smith the police confirmed approx 9000 stayed behind for the protest yesterday, didn't think it was that much but fair play to anyone that did.

Oliver Holt on the Sunday supplement complimentating the Liverpool fans saying they have to keep the pressure on, he says something has to give.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #855: Sep 26, 2010 01:48:01 pm
      I am hoping that watching the highlights, Roy will realise that Agger needs to start and Poulsen doesn't. These two little things make a difference, Agger's distribution from the back is superb. I would even play Agger and Skirtel and Carra Right back, pushing Johnson into midfield. I seriously think we could win a few games like this.
      vix
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #856: Sep 26, 2010 01:50:49 pm
      I too noticed the lack of a SG and FT celebration worried me if I'm honest didn't sleep very well last night
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #857: Sep 26, 2010 01:58:15 pm
      I too noticed the lack of a SG and FT celebration worried me if I'm honest didn't sleep very well last night

Also, noticed during the post match warm down at one point the starting eleven and subs were is seperate groups and Nando was on his own on the touchline!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #858: Sep 26, 2010 02:27:12 pm

Neither did I Vix. Worrying stuff.
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #859: Sep 26, 2010 02:32:18 pm
      Also, noticed during the post match warm down at one point the starting eleven and subs were is seperate groups and Nando was on his own on the touchline!

This is the sign for unmotivated..
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #860: Sep 26, 2010 02:40:48 pm
      Went to the game yesterday, thought we were dreadfull again.

No width, nothing creative from the midfield and defenders just hoofing the ball forward all the time. 2nd half we improved slightly but major concerns about how the team is sent out and tactics.

Nando looks way off the pace (and noticed when Stevie scored that header he ran straight past him even though he put the cross in) Joe Cole started on the left and kept coming inside looking to create something but it left us so narrow on times it was embarrassing. Johnson was poor defensively and didn't do much better going forward and Poulsen is just a waste of a shirt.

6 points from 6 games is nowhere near good enough, yes theres a lot of new players that have come in but we have more or less a fully fit squad now and improvements must be quick otherwise we will be out on contention for top 4 before Christmas!!

Stayed behind for the protests. I was in 305 in the Kop and there were a maybe a couple of hundred in that area, a few stayed in the Annie Road and Centenary but disappointing turnout overall. The players came out for the warmdown and Stevie and Carra both clapped us (bet they wish they could have climbed the barriers and joined us on the Kop  ;) )

Fair play to you mate for staying behind.

In the ground is there as much unrest about Roy being in charge as there are on the inet forums, could you gauge it?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #861: Sep 26, 2010 02:51:56 pm
      Fair play to you mate for staying behind.

In the ground is there as much unrest about Roy being in charge as there are on the inet forums, could you gauge it?

There was unrest and frustration, not so much directly to Hodgson just to the whole situation in general and obviously the first half performance didnt help.

There were arguments amongst some Reds, which I presume was due to some anti-yank chants that started up during the first half, which some Reds didnt take to kind to as the game was in play.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #862: Sep 26, 2010 03:02:02 pm
      There was unrest and frustration, not so much directly to Hodgson just to the whole situation in general and obviously the first half performance didnt help.

There were arguments amongst some Reds, which I presume was due to some anti-yank chants that started up during the first half, which some Reds didnt take to kind to as the game was in play.

Yeah, watching the game from the gogglebox it was clear there was frustration as we were playing s.hite which can only be expected.

It's just good to hear the most of the Anfield faithful still have their patience, they are known to be reluctant to turn on a manager and are willing to give him a fair crack of the whip.

God knows what would happen if all the boo boys on here were inside Anfield.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #863: Sep 26, 2010 03:06:20 pm
      Yeah, watching the game from the gogglebox it was clear there was frustration as we were playing s.hite which can only be expected.

It's just good to hear the most of the Anfield faithful still have their patience, they are known to be reluctant to turn on a manager and are willing to give him a fair crack of the whip.

God knows what would happen if all the boo boys on here were inside Anfield.

As far as patience goes, for me its wearing thin already with him.

Must do better and start picking up some wins....quickly!
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #864: Sep 26, 2010 03:17:27 pm
      Well the clock says 16:59 and there was 6 minutes of injury time after the 90 minutes. So it's only a matter of minutes after the final whistle.

VERY POOR.

Bad turn out that
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #865: Sep 26, 2010 03:40:40 pm
      Yeah, noticed Gerrard didn't even celebrate with Nando when he scored! I'm guessing Gerrard must have had a little chat with him so both were in the "give each other space" time.  :laugh:

Nando did celebrate with Kuyt when he scored.

EDIT

No wonder Torres didn't look happy in the tunnel before the teams set out. The camera was zoomed on his face and he looked like he just got told off by the captain!
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2010 03:59:37 pm by Adryan »
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #866: Sep 26, 2010 03:52:29 pm
      Yeah, noticed Gerrard didn't even celebrate with Nando when he scored! I'm guess Gerrard must have had a little chat with him so both were in the "give each other space" time.  :laugh:

Nando did celebrate with Kuyt when he scored.

I suppose.. the difference is the first goal, we are winning the game.. the second goal, we are still scratching hard to win the game..
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #867: Sep 26, 2010 04:26:55 pm
      Lineup for the next game please:

pepe

kelly carra agger konch

glen stevie raul j.cole

kuyt   torres
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #868: Sep 26, 2010 04:33:37 pm
      Neither did I Vix. Worrying stuff.

Seriously?

I just thought that was Gerrard wanting to celebrate and Nando wanting to get on with it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #869: Sep 26, 2010 05:31:45 pm
      Seriously?

I just thought that was Gerrard wanting to celebrate and Nando wanting to get on with it.

I'm not sure if people are commenting on watching at Anfield, streaming or highlights. I only got to see highlights on MOTD and it did appear that Stevie was running towards Nando and then veered around him to get to the corner and celebrate, the next camera shot was Nando running head down to the half way line. Watching highlights tells you F**k all except what the editor wants you to know.

Given the way our club is being handled at the moment everything keeps leading us to chase our tails and see sh*t that may not be there.

Or is it?

All i know is my head is fu**ed up with it all. Just fuckoff you self adoring, money hungry pricks.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #870: Sep 26, 2010 06:26:21 pm
      Didn't anyone see Torres' face at the start of the game?

Well, there wasn't even a high five or anything but I guess I shouldn't be speculating because there's no point. Stevie did find Torres with his free kick for the offside goal, though.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #871: Sep 26, 2010 06:58:16 pm
      Know it was a sh*t performance but to be writing off Roy at THIS STAGE, I dunno. It's bad blood running over from last year, or ridiculous expectations or God knows what.  We need to get over that -- and get behind Roy!!  I'd have gone for Phil Thompson, but when Roy was chosen thought he might be able to unify the players and steady the ship. And he may yet, but he needs to be given more time. It's possible he might not be able to sort it out - in which case we may need to look at things again. But unless we're relegation candidates, should we do anything other than give him a full season ?  I'd be willing to give him the full season and a decent crack. We've:
      a new coach
      new backroom staff
      some players moved on
      new players in
      it's just not realistic to think we can be in the top4 after 5 or 6 games IMO. Be nice to be playing better, sure, but we played sh*t ALL last season too remember.
      On the game itself, surprised at the reaction Johnson is getting. He wasn't great, but neither were a load of guys. Poulsen and Lucas are now a toss up, neither quite good enough. Meireles needs to grow some balls and move into the center. Think he might have the ability but he needs to get more involved. He's certainly not going to do it on the wing.
      Someone mentioned it already, I was really surprised at SG running past Torres after goal no.2. Somethings gone on there, not sure what. But at least SG is chipping in, I think Torres can do alot more, even considering the service to him is not what it might be. Hope they can kiss and make up.
      Kuyt is just back from a layoff too, so will be a bit rusty. Was surprised he started actually.
      And agree with what people are saying, why do we only start playing when fighting to get back level !?!?  Roy, that's your dept mate.
      And last, just on taking chances - apart from Kuty, Torres and SG were the F**k are our goals going to come from. We NEED some of the others to F***ing chip in. Cole, Meireles, Agger - christ almighty. And how did Agger miss that chance from 4 yards, dead center of goal. You can guarantee if that was Utd, the jammi fuckers would've nicked it. Plenty of teams out there not playing well but nicking games - unfortunately we're not even doing that at the moment though.
      Roll on Blackpool. They're in for a stompin surely :)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #872: Sep 26, 2010 07:31:19 pm
      Where to start protesting, we have got serious problems early on in the season! I really want to believe that we can dig ourselves out of this slump but it's just getting more unbelievable every game we play.

I watched Portsmouth thump Leicester 6-1 the other day and I was inspired at how much passion and team spirit they showed after all the troubles they have had recently, will this be us come April/May? recovering from a horrific season of stalemates against teams like Wolves, West Ham and Spurs and losing to teams like Stoke and Newcastle as well as the top 4 and I won't even mention the other 1!

More than ever before our beloved club is crying out for a helping hand, but in what form and indeed at what cost can we now get the help we urgently need?

I will always be a Liverpool fan as there is no equal and never will be, but for goodness sake things need to change NOW!

You'll Never Walk Alone is more than just a song, it's a belief and understanding that whatever happens now or in the future, we will never give up the fight and just accept what we are given but we will be stronger together and face our demons head on until the very end.

Come on Liverpool show some pride!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #873: Sep 26, 2010 07:41:33 pm
      Roll on Blackpool. They're in for a stompin surely :)

Blackpool are not going to be a walkover that's for sure!

Quick Reply