Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

If Not Roy Then Who? (Wild speculation about next boss)

Read 150060 times
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 608 posts |
      If Not Roy Then Who? (Wild speculation about next boss)
      Sep 26, 2010 11:11:24 am
      We have a thread going where the question posed is if Hodgson is the right man for the job. Having just left my two cents, and seen that the majority clearly don't believe he is, then realistically, who would you want in the top job.
      I stress realistically as your proposed replacement must be available, up to the task, be willing to deal with the near impossible politics that surround the club at present, and dare I say it come cheap and travel light- no excess baggage with overblown egos and reputations need apply.
      We don't have money, and we are slowly losing our clout as a top team, but Liverpool deserve better than what we are getting at present. Much much better! >:(
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010 08:25:22 am by JD »
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Re: If Not Roy Then Who?
      Reply #1: Sep 26, 2010 11:20:10 am
      Let Kenny run the club in the short term until the takeover....or the end of the season

then when the time is right and circumstances are better.. go for a high profile, high quality appointment.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 26, 2010 11:23:41 am
      Kenny Dalglish is the only man for the job at present.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Sep 26, 2010 11:24:15 am
      Kenny or Martin O'Neill I reckon! I felt it was unfortunate that Avram Grant had just signed for West Ham when we were in the market for a new manager too. Considering how well he did at Chelsea....and he still got the sack!...rent boy tw*ts!  ;D
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2010 11:30:25 am
      Kenny =>then preferably Rafa back to us or 2nd choice Martin O'Neill or 3rd choice Guus Hiddink with new owners money and then we flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (and of course sh*t on the rest below us in the table especial mention for Everton and ManUre).
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2010 11:32:37 am
      Kenny for now until we have new owners, then we can appoint a proper manager, not a spoofer like Hodgson
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 26, 2010 11:38:01 am
      Kenny, as caretaker manager at the moment.. in future, Rijkaard, Hiddink, Van Gaal, or even Mourinho and Ancelotti, if given the chance..
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #7: Sep 26, 2010 11:40:29 am
      Has to be Kenny for te short term, we need a someone with passion and knows the history of the club/what it means to the fans to help us get through these dark days.

Once we finally get through this then I personally would then love Rafa to come back, if not Mourinho (he might not be a typical Liverpool manager) but he pretty much guarantees instant success and his name will be a draw for top players as I doubt we will be in Europe next season

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Sep 26, 2010 11:42:37 am
      Does anyone think though Purslow will make a decision which is in the best interests of the club, he will keep his and the Yanks yes man in place as long as there here.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #9: Sep 26, 2010 11:42:44 am
      Kenny until the end of season, or the takeover... Then only 1 man for the job, I know you guys will hate it but Jose.

Give him a semi decent transfer budget and he will win us the league.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Sep 26, 2010 11:45:40 am
      Hope Powell, bet you have never heard of them have you?

International manager, and not doing too bad either. English and knows what they are doing tactitally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Powell

Shocked? Why? Got to be better than the current way we play.
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 608 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 26, 2010 12:11:28 pm
      Hope Powell, bet you have never heard of them have you?

International manager, and not doing too bad either. English and knows what they are doing tactitally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Powell

Shocked? Why? Got to be better than the current way we play.
      Interesting thought. Really interesting. If we weren't grabbing the headlines before this particular appointment, we certainly would after it! ;) And as you said, could only be an improvement! ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12: Sep 26, 2010 12:16:02 pm
      Interesting thought. Really interesting. If we weren't grabbing the headlines before this particular appointment, we certainly would after it! ;) And as you said, could only be an improvement! ;D

I bet some of you are way too young to remember the TV series 'The Manageress'.  Fond adolescent memories of Cherie Lunghi
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #13: Sep 26, 2010 12:17:46 pm
      Kenny with Phil Thompson as his number two!
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 608 posts |
      Reply #14: Sep 26, 2010 12:23:16 pm
      I bet some of you are way too young to remember the TV series 'The Manageress'.  Fond adolescent memories of Cherie Lunghi
      Sadly not me. I don't remember the series, so I wiki-ed it up, and it says it was a 1989 series. Not too young at all, but I hope the proposed Hope Powell would be a tad bit more successful than the TV series, it apparently ran for just the two seasons. ;D
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #15: Sep 26, 2010 12:25:26 pm
      Kenny as caretaker until we can get back that lengendary spanish waiter :)

IN RAFA WE TRUST
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 26, 2010 12:30:30 pm

Kenny or Martin O'Neill I reckon! I felt it was unfortunate that Avram Grant had just signed for West Ham when we were in the market for a new manager too. Considering how well he did at Chelsea....and he still got the sack!...rent boy tw*ts! 

Kenny hasnt managed a team for 10 years or so.Think he was hard done to not to get the job, but Kenny's taken it on the chin, and prepared to support the boss, others should follow suit.
      martin O neill are you taking the P*ss he spent far more money than Benitez , yet Villa could only managed 6th . Villa supporters were always moaning about him, they will be better of with Houllier.
      Grant Do me a favour? Just because Portsmouth scraped their way to the cup final, they were still diabolical to watch, and he is hardly setting the world alight at the moment.
      Believe me if we sacked Hodgson now it would be crazy and suicidal, sending out all thw wrong signals about what a reactionary club we have become. then no manager would touch us with a barge pole in the future, Hodgson needs at least a couple of more months to get to work out his best system , and the ownership issue to be resolved. As Gerrad says judge where the team is in May not now.
      Finally Jose Mourinhio hates Liverpool FC , i cannot believe for the life of me why anyone thinks he will come to Anfield, I hardly seem to recall none of his sides playing freeflowing football Inter with 11 players behind the ball for 90 mins in the Nou Camp. Chelsea are far more attacking and better to watch now, than when he was in charge.
      The man is so far up his own A*se with his self importance and arrogance he could give Ferguson a run for his money
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #17: Sep 26, 2010 12:35:09 pm
      This club is crying out for Kenny to take the reigns.
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #18: Sep 26, 2010 12:45:58 pm
      Kenny or Martin O'Neill I reckon! I felt it was unfortunate that Avram Grant had just signed for West Ham when we were in the market for a new manager too. Considering how well he did at Chelsea....and he still got the sack!...rent boy tw*ts! 

Kenny hasnt managed a team for 10 years or so.Think he was hard done to not to get the job, but Kenny's taken it on the chin, and prepared to support the boss, others should follow suit.
      martin O neill are you taking the P*ss he spent far more money than Benitez , yet Villa could only managed 6th . Villa supporters were always moaning about him, they will be better of with Houllier.
      Grant Do me a favour? Just because Portsmouth scraped their way to the cup final, they were still diabolical to watch, and he is hardly setting the world alight at the moment.
      Believe me if we sacked Hodgson now it would be crazy and suicidal, sending out all thw wrong signals about what a reactionary club we have become. then no manager would touch us with a barge pole in the future, Hodgson needs at least a couple of more months to get to work out his best system , and the ownership issue to be resolved. As Gerrad says judge where the team is in May not now.
      Finally Jose Mourinhio hates Liverpool FC , I cannot believe for the life of me why anyone thinks he will come to Anfield, I hardly seem to recall none of his sides playing freeflowing football Inter with 11 players behind the ball for 90 mins in the Nou Camp. Chelsea are far more attacking and better to watch now, than when he was in charge.
      The man is so far up his own A*se with his self importance and arrogance he could give Ferguson a run for his money

Yes.. All managers include Mourinho suck, except RH..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #19: Sep 26, 2010 01:08:28 pm
      Kenny Dalglish does not deserve the fall guy role that Hodgson has taken to like a duck to water.
      That is Roys' qualification he will absorb all the underachievement and double speak off the lying bas**rds in management and make the right noises after match of the day.
      The only scenario imaginable with Kenny at the helm would be with new owners and a fair crack of the whip.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: Sep 26, 2010 01:26:26 pm
      Pellegrini. We should snap him up now. Not even messing. Snap him up whilst he's still unattached.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Sep 26, 2010 01:37:31 pm
      Hodgson will remain as long as the Yanks remain, he is exactly what they want.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Sep 26, 2010 01:40:58 pm
      Taking into account that this is a hypothetical thread this is my penny's worth,
      Firstly, if available Rafa has to come back to allow him to finish what he started, but only under new owners with the finances to let him buy the players he feels will take us to the 19th and beyond, secondly, i personally would not want our club tarnished by Maureens ego or gamesmanship which he has used to gain a advantage, ask Celtic, Barca fans i want LFC to win accolades fairly, Louis Van Gaal, not for me thanks, Rikiaard, not a high enough profile for me, who is he with now? for example, Guus Hiddink yes deffo for me, or Guardiola another definite, but a manager i like and would love to see in the EPL, Joachim Loew, would love to see him manage us starting from scratch with new owners obviously, money to spend, i like the way he has his teams playing controlling football with the minimum of fuss it seems, very well organised from back to front, and with the right players in the right positions i believe we would become a very powerful force under his tutelage, so that makes four candidates to pick from...Rafa, Hiddink, Guardiola and loew, i would be extremely happy for any of those guys to manage us, for me Rafa has to be offered first refusal and whether he would come back is another matter, Kenny bless him would be fine in the short time and would probably turn us around fairly quickly, but after the honeymoon is over i dont think Kenny would be a ideal choice, for me he would be to emotionally involved and could effect decisions at vital times, Hiddink sounds perfect, very good man manager, tactically sound with mountains of knowledge and experience, but could he be tempted? Guardiola, a one club man who has proven in his short managerial career thus far has proven his worth, but something would have to go seriously wrong at the Camp Nou for him to be approached, and that leaves Joachim Loew, yes it would be a gamble but why not, he ticks all the right boxes for me and i think he would jump at the chance of managing a high profile club such as ours, new manager, new owners, new emphasis, new era, new beginning, f***in roll on the 6th Oct, it all starts to get better from then, we hope!!   

Quick Reply