Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rafa: "Liverpool is my home - I'll be back"

Read 46907 times
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Re: Rafa: "Liverpool is my home - I'll be back"
      Reply #506: Dec 23, 2010 09:51:09 pm
      Why?

Because some dickheads believe the media rather than the facts and figures in front of their own noses?

Haters gonna hate.

If he came back and won us the league in a couple of seasons, all the haters would change their tune pretty f**king quick.

That's called being a hypocrite.

Yeah and if he didnt win us the league?

And if he failed like he did last year and finished 7th?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #507: Dec 23, 2010 09:59:49 pm
      I will stand by RH as long as he is LFC manager

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Repeat this in your head as you go asleep and maybe sanity will arrive in your sleep filled eyes.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #508: Dec 23, 2010 10:02:55 pm
      Does anyone stop for one moment and think what the outside world is thinking?

While the scum down the East Lancs are relishing with extra sting the possibility of pulling ahead of us in titles (and in the very season with the best chance of us doing it in a long time we have no f...ing hope) here we are with the world watching.

What?

A comedy act of a dysfunctional manager in the hot seat and half or more of the fans wanting back someone who is becoming unemployable with his grandstanding and missed the Champions League qualification he "guaranteed" us.
      Who we are wimping after for his return.
      FFS.
      What do others think of us?

One more thing.

I used to refer to Rafas MasterPlan.

Im beginning to think that he has now twice in one year made comments that has ended up in his goodbyes being made.

He lost our dressing room (yeh yeh subject to argument I know) and reports from Italy is that he did the same by November. The word in the media is his arrogance. I wouldnt disagree.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #509: Dec 23, 2010 10:28:07 pm
      Is it is just because I agree with it but how come to me the most knowledgeable fans on both this site and rawk appear to favour him returning.

People that seem to talk the most sense about the game outside this topic, is it just a concidence.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #510: Dec 23, 2010 10:32:08 pm
      Is it is just because I agree with it but how come to me the most knowledgeable fans on both this site and rawk appear to favour him returning.

People that seem to talk the most sense about the game outside this topic, is it just a concidence.

Knowledgeable fans??
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #511: Dec 23, 2010 10:35:49 pm

Ones that agree, or have the same viewpoint.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #512: Dec 23, 2010 10:36:20 pm
      Rafa did at Inter what he did at LFC, blamed everyone else for poor form. He'd a run of injuries there but to be coming out just months after joining the club that won the CL, and Serie A, and saying they needed new players in the January window, I mean FFS, take some F***ing responsibility. If he hadn't kept pissing and moaning in the media about everything that was wrong, and concentrated on matters on the pitch, he would probably still be there. Was he manipulating the situation to get sacked, to goad Moratti, maybe felt he was onto a loser? F**k knows what he's up to half the time.
      Back home, Roy is not covering himself in glory and might not have long left himself, but I can't imagine the new owners would even consider signing Rafa. If their vision for the future is to go back 2 years, I'll take one in the heart and two in the head thanks very F***ing much.
      Can only hope their plan was to give Roy some time to just see what he could do, and at the same time allow them time to settle into their new roles, get familiar with the club, the tradition, the players etc. Would expect that by now they would have a better idea of where they see the club going and how they want to get there. Given Roy's records to date, though I have sympathy with the guy, I can't imagine he's in their long term future plans. But remains to be seen ...
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #513: Dec 23, 2010 10:37:01 pm

Given the right backing he wouldn't fail.

One thing is for sure, he is better for us in the long term than hodgson.

Number one ranked team in europe under hodgson?
      Never.

Record number of points under hodgson, as well as numerous other club records?
      Never.

Attracting some of the best players around under hodgson?
      never.

relegation and losing our best players under hodgson?
      A distinct possibility.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #514: Dec 23, 2010 10:40:22 pm

I could sit and educate you, but you come across as a whopper who's opinion is directly influenced by the media, ex players and you have bought into the image of Benitez being some kind of pantomime villan, so rather than bother to try and educate you, I'm gona let you think you are right and whilst your at it give yourself a massive pat on the back because its people like you that gave a window of opportunity to a journeyman chancer with appaling away record the chance to F**k this club up totally, so go shake the hand of all your family who don't want Rafa here and congratulate yourselfs on allowing the chin rubbing contradictory ineptitcal tactical 35 years of experience fossil that is Roy Hodgson into our club, Cheers.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #515: Dec 23, 2010 10:43:43 pm
      Ya knowledgeable fans that is why most forums and sites the majority of fans want him back,

because they know the facts rather than the sh*te they are reading in the gutter media but some gullible fools have brought into the sh*te spouted by Sky and the gutter English media.

Benitez in 6 years at Liverpool had a 55% win rate higher than Wenger or Ferguson in there first 6 years discuss.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #516: Dec 23, 2010 10:47:12 pm
      The only way to convince the unconvinced is to give him a shot.  What if he came in and got us 4th place?  What would people not in favour think then?

The end of the day, he is red through and through.  He wanted us to succeed and he would do so again.  He took us to great heights, raised our expectations.  Was there ever a time when we didn't feel we could beat anyone.  Now we are fearful of blackpool, and most of that is due to the contrast in tactics with the current coach.

Did anyone put in some positive comments on the BBC board.  From past experience it seems to attract 5-live listeners and WUMs.
      zanwalk
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      Reply #517: Dec 23, 2010 10:47:23 pm
      Does anyone stop for one moment and think what the outside world is thinking?

While the scum down the East Lancs are relishing with extra sting the possibility of pulling ahead of us in titles (and in the very season with the best chance of us doing it in a long time we have no f...ing hope) here we are with the world watching.

What?

A comedy act of a dysfunctional manager in the hot seat and half or more of the fans wanting back someone who is becoming unemployable with his grandstanding and missed the Champions League qualification he "guaranteed" us.
      Who we are wimping after for his return.
      FFS.
      What do others think of us?

One more thing.

I used to refer to Rafas MasterPlan.

Im beginning to think that he has now twice in one year made comments that has ended up in his goodbyes being made.

He lost our dressing room (yeh yeh subject to argument I know) and reports from Italy is that he did the same by November. The word in the media is his arrogance. I wouldnt disagree.

This. Very well summed up.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #518: Dec 23, 2010 11:04:05 pm
      I think people are looking at Rafa coming back based on how sh*te Roy is doing.

Let's be honest, we are Liverpool FC, with the previous regime gone we could lure the majority of managers out of their jobs. Especially a manager who has a lot of ambition, the challenge of getting us back up where we belong would be massive for whoever we took on. It would need to be a young manager, who can build on what we've already got.

I'm sick of seeing the same names bandied around every time we get linked to a new manager, I want someone fresh. Rafa has had his time at the club, and despite how shitty he was treated we need to move on. This club has never been about going looking back, we used to always look at ways to improve.

When Shanks resigned we got Paisley, when Paisley resigned we got Fagan etc etc. We never went back to Shanks when Paisley resigned, we moved on to someone new. The point is, we have always moved on when a manger has been replaced to someone who can build on what has happened in the past and bring their own stamp to the club.

Before the yanks arrived, Rafa was that man, and they took a top manager from us, but what's done is done. Roy needs to go and we need someone who would be able to make an instant improvement in our form, and also get a good look at what needs doing in the summer, which is why it is vital we act now, before Roy can bring more sh*te in during Jan, making the next managers job even more difficult.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #519: Dec 23, 2010 11:08:40 pm
      Well said RedWilly
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #520: Dec 23, 2010 11:10:35 pm
      Ya knowledgeable fans that is why most forums and sites the majority of fans want him back,

because they know the facts rather than the sh*te they are reading in the gutter media but some gullible fools have brought into the sh*te spouted by Sky and the gutter English media.

Benitez in 6 years at Liverpool had a 55% win rate higher than Wenger or Ferguson in there first 6 years discuss.

And let's not forget that wenger thinks Rafa is a superb coach - it's even linked on a thread here somewhere.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #521: Dec 23, 2010 11:12:15 pm
      I could sit and educate you, but you come across as a whopper who's opinion is directly influenced by the media, ex players and you have bought into the image of Benitez being some kind of pantomime villan, so rather than bother to try and educate you, I'm gona let you think you are right and whilst your at it give yourself a massive pat on the back because its people like you that gave a window of opportunity to a journeyman chancer with
       appaling away record the chance to f**k this club up totally, so go shake the hand of all your family who don't want Rafa here and congratulate yourselfs on allowing the chin rubbing contradictory ineptitcal tactical 35 years of experience fossil that is Roy Hodgson into
      our club, Cheers.

Got to pick you up on this redblood, do not think that people ho do not want Rafa back wanted Roy in, that's just a nonsense to be honest.

As for the media ex LEGENDS having a go at Rafa they rightly did, I am not going to list them all but there are many. Actually it would be easier to list who wanted him to stay not very many. I have sat down with a few ex legends and discussed this issue to death over the last 18  months and they cannot understand some of he fans stances re Rafa. Listen I am not going to lower myself to personally slag the man. But to say YOU DO WANT TO EDUCATE as to why he should be here is ludicrous. Well sit down and try to do it to St John, Hunt, Fowler, Thompson to name but a few.

But listen I am on a losing wicket trying to argue on a forum that has Rafa ahead of Emlyn and many others re who's name comes up on your post count.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #522: Dec 23, 2010 11:21:45 pm
      Got to pick you up on this redblood, do not think that people ho do not want Rafa back wanted Roy in, that's just a nonsense to be honest.

Maybe not but their calls for Rafa's head help land us with him, wouldn't you agree ?

As for the media ex LEGENDS having a go at Rafa they rightly did, I am not going to list them all but there are many. Actually it would be easier to list who wanted him to stay not very many. I have sat down with a few ex legends and discussed this issue to death over the last 18  months and they cannot understand some of he fans stances re Rafa. Listen I am not going to lower myself to personally slag the man. But to say YOU DO WANT TO EDUCATE as to why he should be here is ludicrous. Well sit down and try to do it to St John, Hunt, Fowler, Thompson to name but a few.

You arrange it and I'll gladly do it, hows that for an offer ?

But listen I am on a losing wicket trying to argue on a forum that has Rafa ahead of Emlyn and many others re who's name comes up on your post count.

Its not about my post count mate thats irrelevant, whats relevant is delving into things and not just buying into the common micsonceptions about Rafa that have been portrayed in the media, the lad I was replying to probably believes Rafa spent £350m and led us to seventh to with it and thats why I said I could educate him.

Just as easy this.

Rafael Benitez

2004/05 net spend: £16.5m
      2005/06 net spend: £12.73m
      2006/07 net spend: £17m
      2007/08 net spend: £34m
      2008/09 net spend: £2.5m
      2009/10 net spend: minus £6.10m

Now everyone look at Rafa's net spends from start to finish, what you will notice under Morres & Parry with steady conservative investment we progressed little by little year by year, H&G arrived pumped some significant money into teh club in the 07/08 season but the following two years come on people a £2.5m net spend and a minus £6.10m net spend is no were near good enough for a club with League and European ambitions.

The facts are there when there was investment in the squad we progressed, when there was no investment the rot started to kick in.

Now I'm gona play a little game here in the 08/09 season we lost £250,000 – Paul Anderson, Free – Jermaine Pennant, Free – Miki Roque, £3m – Sebastian Leto, £3.5m – Alvaro Arbeloa., £30m – Xabi Alonso that was £36.75m worth of talent.

People will argue this was the crucial transfer window and Rafa fu**ed it up buying both Jonson and Aquilani and not replacing Alonso.

So we pay 17.5m for Johnson and £17.1m for Aquilani and then £2m for Sotis thats £36.6m if you add Ayala to that list at £160,000 it looks pretty damning on Rafa no ?

But step back Pompey owed us £8m from the Crouch deal and we only paid £5m down payment on Aquilani, Rafa had to settle for Sotis as the board wouldn't release the money for Ryan Shawcross or Gareth Barry, so tell me where did the rest of the money generated from transfers dissapear to ?, given that we initially only payed out £16.5m from the £36.6m that we had generated in sales and what of the £20m transfer budget Purslow said we had spent, pretty damning reading on the boards part if you ask me.

Rafa never fu**ed that transfer window up buying Aquilani or Johnson most notably Aquilani he got the best deal he could for an initial down payment for £5m, tell me who was going to buy for £5m to replace a players of Alonso's ability ?

Lets be honest here Rafa signed Aquilani for 5 years not for one season, we were all aware he was injured, we all hoped Lucas could fill the void left by Alonso, it did not happen but te team were struggling to adapt, Alsonso was a huge loss, however Lucas seems to be bearing the fruits of last years endevours.

So where did the rest of the money recouped from trasnsfers go what happened to our transfer budget in Rafa's last two seasons ?, some people are talking about a 5 year plan, well I'd argue what kind of 5 year plan would involve selling your best players with holding money from their sales as well as withholding any form of transfer budget thus making the manager opearte on a net profit ?

Rafa put us back on the map we were consistently in the top 4 and the Champions league ranked number 1 club in Europe at one point won the F.A cup, Champions league, second Champions league final and led us to our 3rd ever ighest points tally when finishing second.

He done all this on a moderate budget whilst clubs like Man United & Chelsea were throwing money round nilly willy even Man City got in on that game, people will surely throw up Wegner but lets be realistic here, check out Wegner vs Rafa side by side in the 6 years Rafa was on English soil, in terms of silverware, Rafa was the most succesfull manager.

The point of this post proves onething, with moderate investment we steadily progressed year up on year so for that reason knowing new owners were eventually coming in, Rafa should have been kept as under owners like NESV Rafa would surely have taken us up another level.

But don't let Facht's cloud your judgment no ?

Now theres plenty of misconceptions about Rafa that can just as easily be rubbished.

Now I'm not saying Rafa is perfect and he does have his faults, but some of the sh*te I see posted on here by people is beyond all comprehension "Most knowledgable fans in football" as Ricky Tomlinson says "My Arse"
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 11:30:51 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #523: Dec 23, 2010 11:28:09 pm
      Point is he did have faults, I want to move forward not backwards. Like I have said previously the sooner Roy is sacked and a new manager ( not rafa ) is installed the better so we can move on.

Not even going to broach the budget it's been done to death and can be twirled to fight both arguments.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #524: Dec 23, 2010 11:32:11 pm
      Point is he did have faults, I want to move forward not backwards. Like I have said previously the sooner Roy is sacked and a new manager ( not rafa ) is installed the better so we can move on.

Not even going to broach the budget it's been done to death and can be twirled to fight both arguments.

For all his faults, he was the best manager we had in a long time, and he deserves a chance to put the record straight and show what he can do with some proper backing.

He gave us a glimpse of that before the tumours pulled the rug from under him, and given the backing he will go one better and land us #19

Rafa is like our new owners - he thinks long term.

Unlike hodgson, we were not just another job to him, we were a long term project, and during that project, he came to love us, respect us, and care for us.

He wanted the best for us, and still does.

For that, if nothing else, he needs to come back, so that we can say definitively that he succeeded or he failed.

My money would be on success.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #525: Dec 23, 2010 11:33:48 pm
      This is a pointless discussion guys he is not coming back.I want Roy out but I dont think that Rafa would be a good idea.Somebody else imo.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #526: Dec 23, 2010 11:36:51 pm
      This is a pointless discussion guys he is not coming back.I want Roy out but I dont think that Rafa would be a good idea.Somebody else imo.

How very insightful.

It's a forum, we discuss what we want to discuss, and if you don't like it, don't feel the need to join in.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #527: Dec 23, 2010 11:43:10 pm
      How very insightful.

It's a forum, we discuss what we want to discuss, and if you don't like it, don't feel the need to join in.
      guess youre right,thanks for the advise
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #528: Dec 23, 2010 11:59:38 pm
      The title to the thread says it all.This is Rafa's home,he has made it so.Does he want to manage the club again?Until I hear it from him,then it is all pure speculation.The only fact to be believed at this point,is that Rafa, despite his shortcomings managerially,was 100% commited to this club and the fans.In the right club,with proper owners,this man will beat the best,much like Shankly and Clough did previously.

Quick Reply