Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

SOLD?: Liverpool FC to be sold to New England SV

Read 147337 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: BREAKING: Liverpool FC to be sold to New England SV
      Reply #2070: Oct 13, 2010 04:37:37 pm
      I am sorry if this annoys anyone but I do not believe NESV will have the money or the drive to make LFC winners

They did it with the Red Sox, and they did it with their NASCAR team, backed by what they made into the most successfull regional sports network in the US, NESN, as well as supporting community projects and re-development of communities.

They are not LBO people, they are sports management people.

What makes you believe that they won't have the same measure of success with us?

They won't be pumping in sheik or abramovich type money, but they have shown they have the expertise to put long term, profitable and sustainable sports/business model in place.
      They are here for the long haul, and not out for a quick profit.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #2071: Oct 13, 2010 04:41:57 pm
      I am sorry if this annoys anyone but I do not believe NESV will have the money or the drive to make LFC winners

Please allow us at least 24 hours of positivity before you start all the negative stuff !
      They're gone , let's just rejoice in that and enjoy the moment.

Can't we ban all negative stuff for a day at least. We deserve that .

I for one have a very good feeling about this. Never felt that good about Twit and Tw*t.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2072: Oct 13, 2010 04:43:06 pm
       This thread is about LFC being sold to NESV - I do not want my club to be part of a sporting venture
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2073: Oct 13, 2010 04:45:03 pm
      This thread is about LFC being sold to NESV - I do not want my club to be part of a sporting venture

It doesn't matter who buys us, it will still be a sporting venture for them.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2074: Oct 13, 2010 04:45:29 pm
      Jesus and so the depression from fans begins.

Just enjoy the moment mate, because in due course this will happen.

The Arabs will leave City, leaving them in massive debt and without a stadium

Roman will leave The Chavs, he has been dis-interested for a while now, and although the team has gelled very well this season, and the last.  I think they are at their peak.

United?  Well lets just say this, you cant announce 80 million pound losses every year, something will give.  And they will be in the same situation we have been in.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #2075: Oct 13, 2010 04:46:35 pm

Who do you want it sold to then? Personally I want to be run by someone with business sense who leaves the footballing decisions in house. I believe that is best for LFC and I believe that to be NESV.
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #2076: Oct 13, 2010 04:46:35 pm
      Watch that video about NESV I just posted before you whine.

NESV don't think they own Liverpool, they have just inherited the responsibility of Liverpool. We are still Liverpool FC and we always will be.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2077: Oct 13, 2010 04:46:55 pm
      I don't want a sugar daddy. If we won the league without throwing money at it (and we will), it would mean so much more.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #2078: Oct 13, 2010 04:48:33 pm

If you check my post at the top of the page, could you please list your reasons?

As a Liverpool fan, surely you want your club to be successfull, and unfortunately that means taking the club into an era where money really matters, as well as a sustainable business model.

Like it or not, that's the reality of football today.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #2079: Oct 13, 2010 04:51:51 pm
      For all you with doubts about NESV, watch this: http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/34664786/soccer-talk-live-joe-scarborough.htm?r_src=ramp

It turns out NESV are huge Liverpool fans, with them having Liverpool shrines in their office. They informed this guy being interviewed all about Istanbul. I just want this takeover to be completed.

Makes me feel a lot easier.

Welcome to the Boston Red Sox, from the Liverpool Red Rox.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2080: Oct 13, 2010 05:05:10 pm

You could well question their money but not their drive.

Without debt Liverpool generate sufficient money to be able to invest in players.  We had a total of £420M hanging over our heads, costing us £40M a year in interest.  I'm sure you can see with all that removed, then the club is likely to be able to invest in players with our own finances.

That's all we want.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #2081: Oct 13, 2010 05:06:22 pm

Without debt Liverpool generate sufficient money to be able to invest in players.  We had a total of £420M hanging over our heads, costing us £40M a year in interest.  I'm sure you can see with all that removed, then the club is likely to be able to invest in players with our own finances.

That's all we want.

Great point as usual JD - we record profits of between £150m - £200m per year - so I have no doubt that we shall have money to spend.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #2082: Oct 13, 2010 05:12:20 pm
      Millions of reds are about to become Red Sox fans mate! :D
      :D I know, I know. The irony is cruel. ;)

Its OK Brooklyn.
      We understand.
      Keep wearing the NY baseball hat.

Dont Forget:  Keep telling yourself... its for Shankly, for Liverpool and the Greater Good.
      Come the revolution brothers we will ALL be there.
      Its starts tomorrow. 13/10/2010.
      It's all worth it.

I don't want a sugar daddy. If we won the league without throwing money at it (and we will), it would mean so much more.
      Amen. Couldn't agree more.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2083: Oct 13, 2010 05:16:07 pm
      If you check my post at the top of the page, could you please list your reasons?

As a Liverpool fan, surely you want your club to be successfull, and unfortunately that means taking the club into an era where money really matters, as well as a sustainable business model.

Like it or not, that's the reality of football today.
      We all want the best for Liverpool and as I said I am sorry if it annoys people that I am not celebrating today
       LFC need a large amount of money to compete, too buy the best players and also to convince the world class player we have to stay, NESV are careful with their money, the only complaint I found about NESV on red sox forums, is that they do not spend the big bucks to get player (free agents)
       If they do not spend we end up a mid division team and with the change of rules in 2014 we might stay a mid division team there forever
       If they build a new studium we should be OK but until we have the large stadium with a large revenue we could not compete with the best
       If they don't build the stadium we are fu**ed

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2084: Oct 13, 2010 05:17:29 pm

We could knock you over the head with a gold bar that says 'NESV own 500 Billion of these' and it still wouldn't be enough eh! Jaysus.

We don't want sugar daddy's. We want a business that can sustain for the long run, without having to record 120m losses like Man City have.

onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #2085: Oct 13, 2010 05:20:28 pm

Shut up you miserable tw*t. You can't have any foundation to base that opinion on. You're looking for rise out of people on here. Give the 5 minutes before coming out with that sort of tosh.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #2086: Oct 13, 2010 05:23:33 pm
      What time with the board meeting be finished?  Rough idea anyone?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2087: Oct 13, 2010 05:23:53 pm
      The fight to get back to the top begins today. It will take a few years, but I believe with NWSV, we will eventually get there. Keep the faith red's
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2088: Oct 13, 2010 05:24:39 pm

Without debt Liverpool generate sufficient money to be able to invest in players.  We had a total of £420M hanging over our heads, costing us £40M a year in interest.  I'm sure you can see with all that removed, then the club is likely to be able to invest in players with our own finances.

That's all we want.

I do not believe £40 million will be enough to compete with the best and we only get £40 million if they don't take anything for themselves
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2089: Oct 13, 2010 05:26:13 pm
      Shut up you miserable tw*t. You can't have any foundation to base that opinion on. You're looking for rise out of people on here. Give the 5 minutes before coming out with that sort of tosh.
      No need to be rude
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #2090: Oct 13, 2010 05:27:45 pm
      Is this a joke?

On the very day we get rid of Hicks & Gillett- a liverpool fan is pessimistic?

F***ing hell, enjoy the moment will you!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2091: Oct 13, 2010 05:29:35 pm

I do not believe £40 million will be enough to compete with the best and we only get £40 million if they don't take anything for themselves
      £40 million is better than the usual £6 million we're used to spending!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2092: Oct 13, 2010 05:31:43 pm

40m should be a couple quality players, or one real good one and another pretty good squad player, per year. We add a few more in the winter and then summer, and pretty quickly our squad is looking a lot better for 11-12.

Of course, you probably want an owner giving 100m per window. Which is stupid, and is all that is wrong with modern football.

Quick Reply