Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 336441 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #322: Sep 06, 2011 01:15:00 pm
      We could build a new stadium for less than £300 million.

Millennium Stadium cost £121 million, seats 75,000

Millenium Stadium was built in 1998/99 there is 12/13 years inflation to factor in.

Now would be the time to build a stadium with teh global economic crisis as you could take advantage of the vendors to do such work, but I don't believe we could get it done for anywhere near £121 million.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #323: Oct 03, 2011 11:27:54 pm

I still think that the original AFL design was the best solution ...

Maybe with some minor modifications, like a single-tiered Kop ...
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #324: Oct 04, 2011 12:11:38 pm
      I just want a decision... hate that it is taking so long.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #325: Oct 04, 2011 12:20:25 pm
      No groundshare update on ESPN today (but sourced from Daily Mirror)
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/965753/liverpool-end-everton-groundshare-talk?cc=5739
      Possibly old news
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #326: Oct 04, 2011 02:14:18 pm
      was reading todays daily mirror and tom werner has killed off any idea of ground sharing.
      he says " Our supporters are not for it therefore its a dead issue "
      get in there :) like to stay at Anfield myself like

YNWA

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #327: Oct 04, 2011 02:36:41 pm
      I still think that the original AFL design was the best solution ...

Maybe with some minor modifications, like a single-tiered Kop ...

You mean the "Rick Parry Bowl" that has already been dismissed as sh*te by a large majority of our support.

Why do you think the original design by G & H was accepted by our support? A single-tiered Kop and because the actual design looked different from every other stadium in this country.

That AFL design is just another identi-kit stadium.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #328: Oct 04, 2011 06:27:22 pm
      was reading todays daily mirror and tom werner has killed off any idea of ground sharing.
      he says " Our supporters are not for it therefore its a dead issue "
      get in there :) like to stay at Anfield myself like

YNWA

Old news. Don't know why they published it today, he said it ages ago.

You mean the "Rick Parry Bowl" that has already been dismissed as sh*te by a large majority of our support.

Why do you think the original design by G & H was accepted by our support? A single-tiered Kop and because the actual design looked different from every other stadium in this country.

Definitely, I just wish they'd get on an start building something though.  I want us to have something different, unique and special, but I'd rather have bricks and mortar than a nice vision
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #329: Oct 04, 2011 09:36:35 pm
      I would love some news wither way (Anfield expansion or new) it's the waitin I hate.

We need a bigger staduim and have the fan base - it's a no brainer. I cant beleive no movement has been made since NESV took over. Although they have done quite a bit..!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4955 
      Reply #330: Oct 04, 2011 11:00:05 pm

Agree HR.

If we have to build a new stadium I would want to see us with something different as I hate the thought of us playing in a bowl stadium like most of the other new ones.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #331: Oct 05, 2011 12:13:32 am

Sorry, but that is bullshit ... The original AFL design is not a bowl ... Here is the seating plan of that design, compared to the Emirates ... You can easily distinguish the 4 stands, with only the lower corners filled ...

The HKS design was awful unrealistic and expensive design ... The original AFL design was cheap and simple design, brilliant in architectural terms ... Not to mention that the acoustics of the AFL design were superior to the HKS design, due to the descending roof and the better elevation of the stands ...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4955 
      Reply #332: Oct 05, 2011 12:14:55 am
      Apart from the four small corners that is basically the same bowl design.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #333: Oct 05, 2011 12:53:18 am
      I just want a decision... hate that it is taking so long.
      plus one. cant stand the waiting. our owers seem to know what they are doing. i can see them one day and out of the blue announces we have found a naming partner and here is the design.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #334: Oct 05, 2011 08:58:30 am
      Sorry Mac Red, it still looks like an ordinary bowl design and we are not an ordinary club therefore should not have an ordinary design.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #335: Oct 05, 2011 10:54:41 am

Wrong.

There the same shape! i.e A Bowl.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #336: Oct 05, 2011 06:18:38 pm
      Wrong.

There the same shape! I.e A Bowl.
      It does look like a bowl on the outside, but it is definitely a classic 4 stands stadium on the inside ...

The curve on the sitting rows is minimal, and the filled lower corners are positioned at 45 degrees against the 4 main stands ... The bowl-shape illusion is created by the shape of the higher sections of the stands ... From architectural and acoustic point of view, it is a far superior design compared to the HKS design, especially since it provides the same capacity and corporate hospitality facilities, at 60-65% of the building price ... The AFL design has far better sight lines and far better catchment of the noise, and unlike the HKS design, it doesn't have "blind" spots ... Maybe it doesn't look as original as the HKS design, but the AFL design is actually a great design for a football stadium, as opposed to the HKS design, that is actually a design for a NFL stadium ...
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2011 07:15:46 pm by Macedonian_Red »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #337: Oct 05, 2011 07:28:59 pm
      OK it' may not have turned out to be a "Bowl",

But calling HR's comment bullshit, was wrong, the fact that those plans were called The Parry Bowl, bowl or not that is what it was called by the fans.

Next, the plans of the two stadia you posted were virtually identical, i.e. Bowls.

As The Emirates has been built and is a bowl, it could be perceived that The Parry Bowl, with a very similar top down plan would also be a bowl.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #338: Oct 05, 2011 08:02:55 pm

Here is one of the early versions of the original AFL design ...

I don't think that it was ever made official, and it was later decided for the lower corners to be filled, and different type of roof support to be used ...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #339: Oct 05, 2011 09:15:48 pm
      Main problem with the Parry bowl (if I remember correctly) was that it was only a 55k stadium with the option to extend to only 60k max.

I would have thought that we would need a stadium with a minimum of 60k to make the investment worthwhile, with the option of expansion to maybe 70k in the future.   
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #340: Oct 05, 2011 09:25:12 pm
      Main problem with the Parry bowl (if I remember correctly) was that it was only a 55k stadium with the option to extend to only 60k max.

The early version (just above your post) was a 55,000 seater ... The version with the filled corners was a 61,000 seater ... By the way, we can't go over 61,000 because of traffic regulations ...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #341: Oct 05, 2011 09:41:43 pm
      The early version (just above your post) was a 55,000 seater ... The version with the filled corners was a 61,000 seater ... By the way, we can't go over 61,000 because of traffic regulations ...

Which is why I thought they were looking at 60k with the option to expand to 70/75k once they had the traffic problem sorted? (new line opened etc etc )

Don't think 55k would be worth the expense, and building a stadium with such a small max might prove a problem (?) although I personally think 60k would be about right.  You always like to have the option to expand.... if possible.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #342: Oct 05, 2011 09:42:15 pm
      I would have thought that we would need a stadium with a minimum of 60k to make the investment worthwhile, with the option of expansion to maybe 70k in the future.   

The big problem with Anfield is the number of corporate seats/boxes/catering locations rather than the capacity. Otherwise I suspect we would stay.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #343: Oct 05, 2011 09:42:57 pm
      Which is why I thought they were looking at 60k with the option to expand to 70/75k once they had the traffic problem sorted? (new line opened etc etc )

Don't think 55k would be worth the expense, and building a stadium with such a small max might prove a problem (?) although I personally think 60k would be about right.  You always like to have the option to expand.... if possible.

The traffic isn't a problem mate, all the cars round Anfield don't have any wheels anyway ;)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #344: Oct 05, 2011 09:54:33 pm
      The traffic isn't a problem mate, all the cars round Anfield don't have any wheels anyway ;)

Doesn't that Definately cause a traffic problem DLS ?

Quick Reply