Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 335570 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #874: Oct 19, 2012 06:15:21 am
      Just found this floating on the interweb. Apparently it's what our stadium might look like if a guy off the internet were to guess.

Haha, that's brilliant. Take a traditional, rectangular stadium and graft on a slice of a modern 'bowl'   :laugh:
      Step-by-step Parry Bowl, anyone?

(Don't worry, I haven't missed your comment that it's just some random having a guess)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #875: Oct 20, 2012 02:50:43 am
      Is the reason for the 2014 start time anything to do with Anfield possibly having to host Rugby League World Cup games next summer?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #876: Oct 20, 2012 10:08:05 am
      but 60,000 against Reading on a Saturday 3pm could be more obviously quieter than it is now especially with more corporates and day trippers.

Surely there would also be more season tickets made available Kelvo? Not that that would make much difference to the atmosphere tho'; after all there are what, near thirty thousand season ticket holders at present?... and they don't exactly have the place bouncing every week.  :-\

Personally I'd like to have see; a bigger stadium, so that more fans could get tickets more freely (maybe a specific area/number set aside for 'matchday only'; one 'end' having 'safe standing' and maybe a re-introduction to the 'boy's section' in the Kop.

It is was it is tho' (all about money - less about atmos') so there's no use fretting about what they [the man  ;D] has in store for us. Fingers crossed.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #877: Oct 24, 2012 11:52:44 am
      Gotta bring back standing on the terraces! surely you can have collapsable (is that a word) barriers at the front in case of any trouble. Bring back the atmosphere to the grounds!!
      Fifa banned standing on any official stadium quite a while ago
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #878: Oct 24, 2012 01:36:21 pm
      Gotta bring back standing on the terraces! surely you can have collapsable (is that a word) barriers at the front in case of any trouble. Bring back the atmosphere to the grounds!!

Standing was banned for a reason.

It should never return.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #879: Oct 25, 2012 10:01:24 pm
      Yes of course they did, but I am confident that standing can take place again if done correct with the priority on safety of course.
      I wouldnt bet on that...too risky. Serious accidents have been reduced due to that policy all over the world
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #880: Oct 26, 2012 01:06:13 am
      Can't believe it's even being discussed on here, no and never for obvious reasons.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #881: Oct 26, 2012 01:17:20 am
      Can't believe it's even being discussed on here, no and never for obvious reasons.

Quite right too, Luke. It should be obvious.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #882: Oct 26, 2012 10:46:33 am

Why do 'we' see the discussion of 'safe standing' as some sort of slight on the memory of the 96? Surely 'we' aren't measuring our credentials as Reds on whether or not 'we' can discuss the concept of 'safe standing'?

Do 'we' even know what 'safe standing' is?  :-\
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #883: Oct 26, 2012 11:27:06 am
      In Germany they have safe standing areas and when they play in Europe they being in seating in that area.

Having seats doesn't stop people from creating an atmosphere - that's the people themselves.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #884: Oct 26, 2012 11:34:46 am
      Why do 'we' see the discussion of 'safe standing' as some sort of slight on the memory of the 96? Surely 'we' aren't measuring our credentials as Reds on whether or not 'we' can discuss the concept of 'safe standing'?

Do 'we' even know what 'safe standing' is?  :-\

I know where you're coming from BBB but I just don't think we should ever encourage it to come back, I would never put a survivor or any affected by that tragedy through the mental torture that would be having to stand or watch others stand to watch LFC again. Just my opinion and one I would of thought most of us would share, if you disagree then fair enough, for me they've been through enough than to hear we may go back to "safe standing"

Seats don't get over crowded, you can blame anything you like Althebest but seats eliminate the other factors and why they should remain, 1 bum, 1 seat can only sell as many tickets as you have seats anyway I think simply out of respect it shouldn't even enter the imagination.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #885: Oct 26, 2012 11:38:12 am

I have witnessed some of the best atmospheres at Anfield in recent years - the CL semi finals against Chelsea - the game against Madrid as examples - they were atmospheres to rival any in sport and you didn't need a standing area to create them
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #886: Oct 26, 2012 12:21:51 pm
      I would never put a survivor or any affected by that tragedy through the mental torture that would be having to stand or watch others stand to watch LFC again.
      It's been a while (5 or 6 years) since I've been to an away game so things may have changed and I may be talking out of my ass (I often do) but the 'Traveling Kop', in my experiences, very rarely sit during a game. So whilst I appreciate, fully, the sentiment behind your thinking; the fact is Liverpool fans (especially at away games) already do stand.

Seats don't get over crowded, you can blame anything you like Althebest but seats eliminate the other factors and why they should remain, 1 bum, 1 seat can only sell as many tickets as you have seats
      "Safe standing" is already in place in a few countries (Germany being the most famous) and there are no issues with 'overcrowding'.
      anyway I think simply out of respect it shouldn't even enter the imagination.
      Which actually gets to the point Luke. You think it's disrespectful which is fair enough but rest assured I don't and never would be disrespectful to either the survivors or families of the 96. Me talking about "safe standing" should lead to any accusations of disrespect or make me a 'lesser' fan and that's the danger I suppose. (not that you did btw)

Anyway I'm out of here before the assholes get in proper, start the dick-swinging and let us how wonderful they are. Good luck buddy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,017 posts | 3955 
      Reply #887: Oct 26, 2012 01:29:22 pm

Anyway I'm out of here before the assholes get in proper, start the dick-swinging and let us how wonderful they are. Good luck buddy.

Hahaha very subtle mouse.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #888: Oct 26, 2012 02:49:30 pm
      Having had both standing and seating experiences, standing, for me anyway is far the better atmosphere. Think I will leave it at that.

Having stood on the Kop with 23,000 others every other week in the sixties ...I can tell you whats best.

(The only thing that might come back is in this thread.... Stand and Head come to mind) ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #889: Oct 28, 2012 07:23:16 am
      Having stood on the Kop with 23,000 others every other week in the sixties ...I can tell you whats best.

(The only thing that might come back is in this thread.... Stand and Head come to mind) ;D
      Skip don't forget that old KOP saying coupled with the rolled up Echo,watch it mate you are pissing on my shoes.I have heard in the revamped Anfield they are going to have metal pipes made to look like rolled up Echo's welded to the floor in the KOP.It is rumoured that Fenway have got experts looking at this idea but there is a problem as the Kopites are not all the same height.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #890: Oct 28, 2012 10:12:08 am
      Skip don't forget that old KOP saying coupled with the rolled up Echo,watch it mate you are pissing on my shoes.I have heard in the revamped Anfield they are going to have metal pipes made to look like rolled up Echo's welded to the floor in the KOP.It is rumoured that Fenway have got experts looking at this idea but there is a problem as the Kopites are not all the same height.

Had to keep the ciggies up in the top pockets Billy ......
      LFCexiled
      Reply #891: Oct 28, 2012 11:02:25 am

The new expansion Kop toilets......

;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,017 posts | 3955 
      Reply #892: Oct 28, 2012 01:01:39 pm

;D
      ....bit tricky with the number two's Ian.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #893: Oct 28, 2012 01:06:23 pm

;D
      Bloody hell mate you could of made those flexible pipes have Liverpool Echo printed on them to apppear more realistic.I bet Skip and stuey never went into the KOP without a Liverpool Echo.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #894: Oct 28, 2012 01:12:54 pm
      ....bit tricky with the number two's Ian.

Apparently that has been taken into account with pre-match food and drink being laxitivated, with combined suction capability provided by Dyson the number two problem has been covered. Those of the more 'lumberjack type' log layers will be required to use the existing facilities.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #895: Oct 28, 2012 01:14:23 pm
      but there is a problem as the Kopites are not all the same height.
      Or width  :)
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #896: Nov 25, 2012 11:02:51 am
      Sooooooooooo I take it there has been nothing again since there last anouncement of pretty much nothing...

Quick Reply