Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Happy or Sad?? - Do you like the new owners or not??

Read 9311 times
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Re: Happy or Sad?? - Do you like the new owners or not??
      Reply #69: Oct 10, 2010 09:16:12 pm
      New owners ... we haven't been sold yet !!!

Its pretty much a done-deal- stop being so pessimistic!

They either leave next week when the courts decide in our favour- or they leave the week after when RBS call in the debts.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,761 posts | 7181 
      Reply #70: Oct 10, 2010 09:22:25 pm
      If it goes through at least we will be solvent. Secondly we can get on with the stadium and thirdly the filthy taste left by Hicks and Gillette can be forgotten.
      They start with a clean slate as far as I am concerned apart from a worrying comment about consulting with Rick Parry which is a definite NO NO
       They need to understand straight away that we hold these two (Moores and Parry) every bit as responsible as Hicks and Gillette for our problems.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #71: Oct 10, 2010 09:24:53 pm
      Not a done deal, I am very very nervous the clubs future is in the balance. Broughton is the best at what he does but it is down to some old fart (judge) who probably has never even been to a football match. Squeaky bum time folks.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,295 posts | 938 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #72: Oct 10, 2010 10:09:54 pm
      FFS even if and i said even if the new owners take over, they have all ready said they won't build a new stadium but probably redevelop Anfield
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #73: Oct 10, 2010 10:16:20 pm
      Therefore there is no legal reason that the club has to be sold for a discounted price, there is debt attached to almost every business or piece of real estate in the world that gets sold. 

There is no legal reason why it has to be sold for 600 million quid either.

The fact is that they have been trying to sell the club, and the 2 offers have shown a true reflection of the clubs value in todays market.

You're basically talking sh*te - a house doesn't become worth more because the existing owners still owe X amount on it.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #74: Oct 10, 2010 11:36:33 pm
      New owners???????? But listening to whats coming out of the states, if we loose points the will consider walking away.Don't get me wrong,everybody wants to make money,But if u look at the bigger picture,they would wipe the debt out of the club.

Anfield rebuild looks around 50-100 million pounds

Players in the Jan and summer transfar window 50=100 million

So 300 million soon turns into 400-500 million,and I don't think this lad has that kind of money.He has to borrow.

Just hope if he borrows,he dose not put the loan againest the club, like the other fools.Roll on Tuesday so we no whats going on.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #75: Oct 10, 2010 11:41:39 pm
      i don't think this lad has that kind of money.

"This lad" (I assume you mean Henry) may not stephen but New England Sports Ventures (NESV) is worth about $4.2 billion, i'm lead to believe.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #76: Oct 10, 2010 11:47:27 pm
      New owners???????? But listening to whats coming out of the states, if we loose points the will consider walking away.Don't get me wrong,everybody wants to make money,But if u look at the bigger picture,they would wipe the debt out of the club.

Anfield rebuild looks around 50-100 million pounds

Players in the Jan and summer transfar window 50=100 million

So 300 million soon turns into 400-500 million,and I don't think this lad has that kind of money.He has to borrow.

Just hope if he borrows,he dose not put the loan againest the club, like the other fools.Roll on Tuesday so we no whats going on.

Ok-

A new stadium is £60mil not £100,

Transfer budget is not 100m- we are not Man-City & already have a fantastic core to our team, we just need a few additions.

And when NESV takeover, they will sign a legally binding contract stating they will not pile any debts on the club atall.

Dont just use the figures in your head.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #77: Oct 10, 2010 11:53:01 pm
      I like any new owners,who can remove the debt,and build a new stadium or re-vamp Anfield to give us a 60,000 capacity.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #78: Oct 11, 2010 02:54:28 am
      If i am play FiFa football manager, current crowns would be like taking 100mil away from the club every year, which i could invest in youth, players etc. To be able to sustain that 100mil, i have to sell some 9/10 to 10/10 top players to sugar daddy clubs as well. Yearly.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #79: Oct 11, 2010 04:03:05 am
      I can't see how we can't change hands. Unless Hicks and whoever win the right to change the board and get the money to refinance before next friday including a court case and an appeal is it?. Mill financial is still after their money are they going to put more in?
      Is anyone? If we get deducted 9 pts and NESV walk what about the Singaporean billionaire, I assume they may still be interested. It all seems to be a little beat up. I assume the people pulling the strings would have locked this thing up tight otherwise it will look a bit amateurish.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #80: Oct 11, 2010 04:09:53 am
      A new stadium is £60mil not £100

We are looking at ~£300 million for the stadium

And when NESV takeover, they will sign a legally binding contract stating they will not pile any debts on the club atall.

I'd be surprised if they did this, they will not want to restrict their future options especially as it could be misconstrued when they take a debt to build the stadium.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #81: Oct 11, 2010 04:11:28 am
      FFS even if and i said even if the new owners take over, they have all ready said they won't build a new stadium but probably redevelop Anfield

Stop spreading sh*t, tezmac.

The potential new owners said they will look to either build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield.

If they get a permit to rebuild ANfield, they will do it. IF they get a permit to build a new stadium, they will do it. They built a new stadium for San Diego and Baltimore but redeveloped Fenway Park because of it's history for Boston Red Sox.

SO saying they said they straight out won't build a new stadium is utter horse sh*t because their priority is to give us a stadium, no matter where, that is 60,000+ capacity.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #82: Oct 11, 2010 04:11:34 am

The stadium will be financed by a loan.  There is nothing wrong with this.  Repayments will commence only once the stadium is built and we are raking in the cash.  It is completely affordable and totally different to what them who shall remain nameless did to our club.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #83: Oct 11, 2010 06:29:38 am
      Stop spreading sh*t, tezmac.

The potential new owners said they will look to either build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield.

If they get a permit to rebuild ANfield, they will do it. IF they get a permit to build a new stadium, they will do it. They built a new stadium for San Diego and Baltimore but redeveloped Fenway Park because of it's history for Boston Red Sox.

SO saying they said they straight out won't build a new stadium is utter horse sh*t because their priority is to give us a stadium, no matter where, that is 60,000+ capacity.
      Which stadiums did they build ?
       It is not the same as building a stadium over here, I think you will find that the local government tend to pay a large percentage of the costs, sometimes they pay for the whole stadium to be built.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #84: Oct 11, 2010 06:40:47 am
       It is not the same as building a stadium over here, I think you will find that the local government tend to pay a large percentage of the costs, sometimes they pay for the whole stadium to be built.

They built the stadiums for San Diego and Baltimore. I just said that.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #85: Oct 11, 2010 06:46:43 am

You are right, that the local government is often blackmailed into building a stadium - disgusting really - but NESV redeveloped Fenway with their own money.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #86: Oct 11, 2010 06:58:47 am
      You are right, that the local government is often blackmailed into building a stadium - disgusting really - but NESV redeveloped Fenway with their own money.
      They also doubled the ticket price, I don't here anybody saying they will do that at LFC, people seem to expect all the good but without the rise in prices 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #87: Oct 11, 2010 07:24:08 am
      They also doubled the ticket price, I don't here anybody saying they will do that at LFC, people seem to expect all the good but without the rise in prices 

They actually backed down from raising ticket prices after the fans weren't happy.

And it wasn't going to be doubled.

Where are you getting your info from?

I ask you, would you prefer our current owners?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #88: Oct 11, 2010 07:35:47 am
      Negative nancies. Gotta love em with their conspiracy theories. Precious.

I honestly am excited at our potential under the Red Sox model. They do it right, we will be a quality and sustainable club.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #89: Oct 11, 2010 07:56:03 am
      They actually backed down from raising ticket prices after the fans weren't happy.

And it wasn't going to be doubled.

Where are you getting your info from?

I ask you, would you prefer our current owners?
      From the time NASV took over the Red Sox the average price of a ticket had doubled

$50 this year
      http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.php/2009/04/03/we-re-no-2-red-sox-ticket-prices-now-tra?blog=213

$24 in 1999, this was the year before they took over
      http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Baseball+still+a+bargain,+but+.+.+.+Rising+ticket+prices+could+force...-a064024022

No I don't prefer the present owner but that does not mean I have to like whoever take over from them - especially when NESV  are so similar to the present owners
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #90: Oct 11, 2010 08:03:49 am
      They took over in 2002.

Also, prices have gone up in every sport around the world in the last decade. Don't know how there's is any different!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #91: Oct 11, 2010 08:17:03 am
      They took over in 2002.

Also, prices have gone up in every sport around the world in the last decade. Don't know how there's is any different!
      Was not going to spend to much time looking for average Red Sox price 2001, To have the price double is quite a difference

Quick Reply