Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hammers nail Bellamy deal

Read 1710 times
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 501 posts |
      Hammers nail Bellamy deal
      Jul 10, 2007 11:56:39 am
      From Sky Sports
      West Ham have completed the signing of Craig Bellamy from Liverpool.

The Welsh international has penned a five-year deal at Upton Park after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

West Ham have paid a club record £7.5million fee to land the former Newcastle and Blackburn hit-man.

Liverpool decided to offload Bellamy as he is surplus to requirements following the signing of Fernando Torres.

Bellamy is West Ham's fourth signing of the summer following the captures of Scott Parker, Julien Faubert and Richard Wright.

Id like to wish him luck I really wanted him to do well at Liverpool all  the best bellers.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Re: Hammers nail Bellamy deal
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2007 12:14:12 pm
      i was delighted when we signed him last season, but cant say im sad to see him leave. never lived up to my expectations of him and probably his own.

good luck with the hammers
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2007 12:28:44 pm
      Can't believe we got £7.5m when we payed £6m. Personally not too bothered he's gone, he had a few good games and a reasonable stop gap, but not a team player for me. I do feel sorry for all those fans who had his name put on the back of their shirts.
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2007 12:36:34 pm
      Now the cash situation is :
      starting cash £ 40  m -
      Torres         Â£ 20   m +
      Bellamy        £  7,5 m =
      ---------------------------------
      Now Cash    £ 27,5 m

I think we could sign two more good players, corect? 
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2007 01:16:08 pm
      Shut the door on the way out Bellamy.
      xen105
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 78 posts | -4 
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2007 01:27:48 pm
      good, i thought he was gona wuality for us but instead disrupted the team.

love the business side of this, buy him for £6m and sell for a profit of £1.5m not bad at all i say.

move over bellers let fernando show what its all about!

bye bye
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2007 03:27:23 pm
      I was pleased when we signed Bellamy, but it soon became apparent the Craig was more suited to playing for teams who's opponents give them space to play in and not play with the put 10 men behind the ball with a come and break us down attitude.

Cheers Craig and best of luck with the Hammers (except when your playing us), oh and thanks for the goal and celebration against Barca and for returning a profit :gt-happyup:
      bred54
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2007 04:49:06 pm
      disappointed it didn't work out for Bellamy, he has bags of talent but he didn't seem to apply himself, considering he was a ''Liverpool supporter'' he had his chance, but we got a decent price for him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2007 05:42:47 pm
      disappointed it didn't work out for Bellamy, he has bags of talent but he didn't seem to apply himself, considering he was a ''Liverpool supporter'' he had his chance, but we got a decent price for him.

Dissappointed meself mate! Would have loved to see him doing well for us! He did have bagfuls of potential and was pacy aswell, but there's no point running for the bus when you not going to get on it ;)
      gav
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2007 05:52:15 pm
      Excellent piece of business in my opinion - but the hammers are throwing money about at the moment!  Being welsh myself, I am a bit disappointed he didnt "do it" for us, but not gutted at all he's gone - not a team player and not a true "Liverpool player".  I think the Golf Club     incident was the last straw for him!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2007 05:56:42 pm
      Just heard on SSN he claims he was 'forced out of Anfield'! If a player no longer has a use at the club they're hardly going force him to stay are they  ???
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2007 06:07:33 pm
      I think he'll do well for the Hammers and just a pity it didn't work out for him here. Good luck craig and knock in afew past the Mancs, Chelsea, Bluseshite for us this season  ;)
      Cy
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2007 08:52:22 pm
      Bellamy is probaly gutted to leave Anfield, but he has to look at his performances last season and he must know that it wasn't good enough end of. I had like many of us great expectations for him but if we want to be where we want to be, Bellamy has to realise that he just wasn't good enough. I'm sure he will be a better player with West ham, iIwish him luck and maybe just maybe he will have an other chance in the years coming.
      Good luck Craig.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #13: Jul 10, 2007 08:59:10 pm
      I just wonder who he is going to text message first.....

Shame as its always great when a player wants to join his boyhood team....wish it had worked out. Always felt that rafa's tactics weren't designed to get the best out of him just as he didn't do himself any favors to show the best of himself when the opportunity arose......bellamy, cisse, sinama, heskey, morientes, riedle, collymore...the list grows...
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #14: Jul 11, 2007 12:00:36 am
      Bellamy was another one of those Liverpool players who had the potential but didn't quite deliver. Behind the scenes too he was a maverick character which many fans will not have warmed to.
      But his season long spell at Liverpool was short and, in some respects, sweet.

I bet I wasn't the only one who watched his performances for Blackburn during the 2005/6 season. He scored 17 goals before we signed him and it wouldn't be to far from the truth to suggest the general consensus of opinion was:
      "Bloody hell, he's alright! If we sign him and he plays like that for us we'd do alright!  ::)

June 23: Joined Liverpool FC from Blackburn Rovers FC for a reported £6.5m

August 13: Helped Liverpool to lift the Community Shield at the Millennium Stadium.

October: Awarded the captain's armband by Welsh manager John Toshack when Ryan Giggs was unavailable through injury for the Euro 2008 qualifier against Slovakia. His captaincy got off to a poor start with a 5-1 defeat.
      However, in his second game as captain against Cyprus, Wales won 3-1.

February 20: Allegedly hit John Arne Riise in the legs with a golf club while Liverpool were in Portugal at a training camp preparing for a Champions League match against FC Barcelona. Both players were fined two weeks pay by the team. The incident earned him the nickname "The Nutter with the Putter":smack: Manager Rafael Benítez accepted the players' apology :f_sorry:

February 21: In the first match following the incident, away at Barcelona, Deco headed Barca into the lead. Bellamy then celebrated his 43rd minute equalizer at the Nou Camp by emulating a golf stroke! What was even more remarkable is that he set up John Arne Riise's winning match goal in the 74th minute!
      The defeat was Barcelona's first in their Nou Camp stadium in any competition that season and their first in the Champions League since April 2003. The irony just could not have been scripted and will go down in Liverpool FC folklore!

Craig Bellamy made 27 appearances scoring 7 goals and gained a 2006 Community Shield winners medal in his time at Liverpool.

All the best Craig.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Jul 11, 2007 11:15:50 am

Bellamy arrived with some promise.  Just didn't work out did it?

Topic locked.  He's gone.

Quick Reply