Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Chelsea sign 11-year-old wonderkid

Read 4699 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Oct 15, 2010 02:04:59 pm

Chelsea have snapped up 11-year-old prospect Michael Gyasi from Northampton.

Gyasi is a German-born striker who has been on Chelsea's radar for over a year since he played for Northampton Under-10s against their counterparts from the Chelsea academy.

The Guardian reports that the Blues must pay compensation to Northampton, and it is believed that a down-payment of not more than £10,000 has been negotiated. Further payments would have to be made to Northampton if Gyasi signs a professional contract with Chelsea.

"I think this is a trend that is going to happen," Trevor Gould, the head of Northampton's centre of excellence, was quoted as saying.

"When you are young, you learn most about football and Michael will now play against better teams and better players. I remember the game against Chelsea last year. I think Chelsea won something like 6-2 but I am sure that Michael got the two goals."

Chelsea are likely to be without John Terry for Saturday's trip to Aston Villa.

http://www.espnstar.com/home/news/detail/item515353/Chelsea-sign-11-year-old-wonderkid/

Oh my! They are getting younger.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Chelsea sign 11-year-old wonderkid
      Reply #1: Oct 15, 2010 06:49:49 pm
      Cradle snatchers.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Oct 15, 2010 07:28:55 pm
      Chelsea sign Fetus

Chelsea football club have signed the fetus of a woman believed to have been recently boinked by John Terry. Ancelotti believes it will be a great signing for the future.

"To sign someone just a few months from birth is a great chance to secure new, young talent."

"Who knows, if he grows up to be as much of a slut as his dad in a few decades time we can have a team of Terry descendants."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/908563.stm
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Oct 15, 2010 07:30:24 pm
      Ancelotti's stealing Wenger's transfer targets I see.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #4: Oct 15, 2010 07:32:42 pm
      Mate of mine from karate coaches a team of 5 year olds.  Couple of his kids have just been picked up by Arsenal, he said he was glad it was them (not just because he is a gooner) but because Chelsea ban their kids from playing for other clubs in kids leagues, they are only allowed to play for them, no outside coaching at all.  At five.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #5: Oct 16, 2010 05:30:32 pm
      Chelsea sign Fetus

Chelsea football club have signed the fetus of a woman believed to have been recently boinked by John Terry. Ancelotti believes it will be a great signing for the future.

"To sign someone just a few months from birth is a great chance to secure new, young talent."

"Who knows, if he grows up to be as much of a slut as his dad in a few decades time we can have a team of Terry descendants."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/908563.stm

hahaha
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Oct 16, 2010 07:15:49 pm
      Has any wonder kid been a wonder?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #7: Oct 16, 2010 07:46:01 pm
      It's that eyebrow of Ancelotti's, I knew there was something strange about the fella.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Oct 16, 2010 08:23:36 pm

Stevie

Wonder that is
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #9: Oct 16, 2010 10:00:11 pm

Ahhh, but as a Kid he was known as Stevland Hardaway Judkins
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #10: Oct 16, 2010 11:19:38 pm
      I'm just a LFC supporter and have never played football myself, but it turns out my son is very good. He went to Liverpool soccer school last summer for hi 5th birthday present and they were interested in him, but we live to far away, then there was an approach by a Coventry scout, Mk dons were interested and now another prem club are interested.  It's f***in madness. He loves football, but to put it into perspective, he also loves tractors, playing eye spy, going on the garden trampoline and dressing up as a gedi and playing star wars with his 7 year old friends. At his age they should be living a childhood, learning to read, write and add up numbers and not being driven to academies 3 or 4 times a week.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #11: Oct 16, 2010 11:32:03 pm
      I'm just a LFC supporter and have never played football myself, but it turns out my son is very good. He went to Liverpool soccer school last summer for hi 5th birthday present and they were interested in him, but we live to far away, then there was an approach by a Coventry scout, Mk dons were interested and now another prem club are interested.  It's f***in madness. He loves football, but to put it into perspective, he also loves tractors, playing eye spy, going on the garden trampoline and dressing up as a gedi and playing star wars with his 7 year old friends. At his age they should be living a childhood, learning to read, write and add up numbers and not being driven to academies 3 or 4 times a week.

I'd go down the Jedi route if I was him.

Once he has homed his skills then get him to sign for us.  
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #12: Oct 16, 2010 11:41:47 pm
      Be useful with the Ref.

A bit concerned he is being turned by the darkside (not Chelsea or United).  He's asked for a Darth Vader costume for Christmas. The one where the mask makes your voice sound deep and asthmatic.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #13: Oct 16, 2010 11:48:02 pm
      He should be playing pokemon on a handheld console!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #14: Oct 17, 2010 12:02:18 am
      he plays Mario kart And FIFA 11 on wii and DS.

Kicks my sorry arse on both. Also kicks my arse at footie in the back garden, but I'm fat and slow and sh*t!
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #15: Oct 17, 2010 12:05:47 am
      Crikey, just realized that I have two of the attributes of Poulsen!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #16: Oct 17, 2010 12:08:44 am
      Poulsen has any attributes? :P
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #17: Oct 17, 2010 12:12:00 am
      He has hair. If you saw my head you would consider that an attribute.

If your talking footie, then I'm stumped to find any either.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Oct 17, 2010 12:47:26 am

Of course, we wonder what happened to them ;D
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Oct 17, 2010 09:55:14 pm
      I'm just a LFC supporter and have never played football myself, but it turns out my son is very good. He went to Liverpool soccer school last summer for hi 5th birthday present and they were interested in him, but we live to far away, then there was an approach by a Coventry scout, Mk dons were interested and now another prem club are interested.  It's f***in madness. He loves football, but to put it into perspective, he also loves tractors, playing eye spy, going on the garden trampoline and dressing up as a gedi and playing star wars with his 7 year old friends. At his age they should be living a childhood, learning to read, write and add up numbers and not being driven to academies 3 or 4 times a week.

Spot on.
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #20: Oct 18, 2010 06:22:11 pm

Well done on a great comment. I couldn't agree more. I believe it should go back to the old days, when the Steven Gerrard's and Robbie Fowler's were bred at home and with their schools before moving up to the youth teams of Liverpool via trials.
      We are going nowhere with the current setup.
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #21: Oct 18, 2010 06:24:02 pm
      Also can I just add, when and who was the last young player to break into the first team on a regular basis (i.e. every second week) ? I could be wrong but I believe it was a young Mr. Gerrard.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 20, 2010 09:43:55 pm
      i heard the kid nearly made the northampton squad that beat us. ;)

Quick Reply