Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2777034 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #20401: Feb 07, 2016 09:06:37 am
      I'm not sure how anyone can sit with a straight face and legitimately try to argue that FSG are worse owners for us than H and G.
      The damage H/G did to the club was mostly financial when FSG took over we still had the makings of a good team. Only 18 months earlier we were rated the best team in Europe. We are now rated 46th, one place behind the powerhouse of European football Salzberg. In the league we have finished 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 6th and are unlikely to finish higher than 6th this season.
      We should all commend them on the renovation but by the time we have paid the owners back their loan and are in a position to use the extra revenue to improve the team we will have two clubs in Manchester and four clubs in London with bigger grounds.

On a financial point of view FSG win hands down they have done a brilliant job and the shareholder will benefit greatly.

When they sell up(which I now expect to be after they have paid themselves back their loan)where will we be ? Unless they get rid of several members of staff and employ people who know what they are doing, we will be finishing around 6th in the League, rated between 20th to 50th in Europe. On a financial stand point we will have more income but Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and possibly West Ham will have boosted there income by much more. We will catch up a bit on Man U and Arsenal. If things continue as they are we will be in a worse position after they leave than when they got here.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20402: Feb 07, 2016 10:48:22 am
      since Rafa was sacked by H&G we have paid off Roy Hodgson,Kenny and Brendan and I think Comoli took a few bob from us too.
      Added to that the horrendous overspend on average players that end up on loan the money this club has wasted runs into many many Millions of pounds far more than the money they will get from the fans in increased ticket prices. So FSG need to start running the club efficiently and stop using the fans as a cash cow. We will probably try and sort out this squad in the summer which mean we will take big hits on the players we sell and no doubt end up paying over the odds for the new players and while all this is going on a small E.Midlands club will be doing the job right for a fraction of the money we spend
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,506 posts | 1484 
      Reply #20403: Feb 07, 2016 11:02:47 am
      since Rafa was sacked by H&G we have paid off Roy Hodgson,Kenny and Brendan and I think Comoli took a few bob from us too.
      Added to that the horrendous overspend on average players that end up on loan the money this club has wasted runs into many many Millions of pounds far more than the money they will get from the fans in increased ticket prices. So FSG need to start running the club efficiently and stop using the fans as a cash cow. We will probably try and sort out this squad in the summer which mean we will take big hits on the players we sell and no doubt end up paying over the odds for the new players and while all this is going on a small E.Midlands club will be doing the job right for a fraction of the money we spend

As you say mate you look at Leicester
      And it makes you realise that it's not about spending millions & millions of pounds.
      6 points clear at the top with a squad that cost less to assemble than what we paid for benteke.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20404: Feb 07, 2016 01:47:14 pm
      New start clean sheet it is up to them if they do the right things off the pitch we will support them 100%.

this was my thoughts when they took over and it still stands .
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #20405: Feb 07, 2016 01:51:46 pm
      So as the saying goes be careful what you wish for...

Who is on your wishlist of new owners?

Paul McCartney?
      The sultan of Brunei?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #20406: Feb 07, 2016 02:00:54 pm
      this was my thoughts when they took over and it still stands .

The majority have the same mind set, to paraphrase Debs 'the natives are getting restless'.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #20407: Feb 07, 2016 02:08:51 pm
      As you say mate you look at Leicester
      And it makes you realise that it's not about spending millions & millions of pounds.
      6 points clear at the top with a squad that cost less to assemble than what we paid for benteke.

It even cost less than what we paid for Lallana
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20408: Feb 07, 2016 02:22:04 pm
      So as the saying goes be careful what you wish for...

Who is on your wishlist of new owners?

Paul McCartney?
      The sultan of Brunei?

you seem to be pretty active supporting the owners.
      I would take fan ownership and Div 1 football over profiteering  any day of the week
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #20409: Feb 07, 2016 02:46:55 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-says-liverpool-must-7326450

'Liverpool have to choose between a business model or a winning model' says Brendan Rodgers.

Regardless of what you think about Rodgers (I don't want this to become another opportunity for some to slay Rodgers) who here genuinely believes that FSG don't intend to sell of Coutinho or Firmino at great profit sometime down the line?

For starters, would Klopp want to go through that same process again as he did at Dortmund (although that was a policy still feeling the heat of Dortmund's near financial meltdown)?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20410: Feb 07, 2016 02:54:09 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-says-liverpool-must-7326450

'Liverpool have to choose between a business model or a winning model' says Brendan Rodgers.

Regardless of what you think about Rodgers (I don't want this to become another opportunity for some to slay Rodgers) who here genuinely believes that FSG don't intend to sell of Coutinho or Firmino at great profit sometime down the line?

For starters, would Klopp want to go through that same process again as he did at Dortmund (although that was a policy still feeling the heat of Dortmund's near financial meltdown)?

if he would have stood up and said this earlier he would still be in a job and he would have had a huge amount of support from the fans.
      Its what we have been saying for ages you just buy the right player  nothing else matters
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,457 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #20411: Feb 07, 2016 03:03:29 pm

really ? Are you sure ? Be careful what you wish for, fan ownership is a pipe dream, a mythical utopia, fact is we have had the local owners, foreign owners, directors of football, transfer committees. All sorts of managers and all have pissed money down the drain.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #20412: Feb 07, 2016 03:04:27 pm
      if he would have stood up and said this earlier he would still be in a job and he would have had a huge amount of support from the fans.
      Its what we have been saying for ages you just buy the right player  nothing else matters

Probably should have said it in the summer of 2014 when he had the clout to do so.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #20413: Feb 07, 2016 03:40:40 pm
      you seem to be pretty active supporting the owners.
      I would take fan ownership and Div 1 football over profiteering  any day of the week

I've done business with them and I honestly couldn't pick a fault. Our thoughts on ticket prices aside they are very competent business people with a great deal of time for humans in general. I've also done business close to the Sheik in the Middle East and it's the worst kind of money real slave labour earnings that disgusted me. So if you asked me who id prefer money aside (for a lot of people seems the only importance) it's what we have. If someone can tell me a more suitable owner then id love to discuss that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #20414: Feb 07, 2016 04:20:39 pm
      I've done business with them and I honestly couldn't pick a fault. Our thoughts on ticket prices aside they are very competent business people with a great deal of time for humans in general. I've also done business close to the Sheik in the Middle East and it's the worst kind of money real slave labour earnings that disgusted me. So if you asked me who id prefer money aside (for a lot of people seems the only importance) it's what we have. If someone can tell me a more suitable owner then id love to discuss that.

You in the PR business? Coming across as you've been paid handsomely to bootlick FSG & rim them at every given opportunity...just saying like..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20415: Feb 07, 2016 04:40:48 pm
      You in the PR business? Coming across as you've been paid handsomely to bootlick FSG & rim them at every given opportunity...just saying like..

definitely a plant the sooner he fucks off the better
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20416: Feb 07, 2016 04:48:44 pm
      really ? Are you sure ? Be careful what you wish for, fan ownership is a pipe dream, a mythical utopia, fact is we have had the local owners, foreign owners, directors of football, transfer committees. All sorts of managers and all have pissed money down the drain.
      I have no idea what your post relates to with my quote.
      What we have now is not a reflection of the clubs history or the City
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20417: Feb 07, 2016 05:01:47 pm
      definitely a plant the sooner he fucks off the better

;D -yes, as usual, anyone posting anything other than your point of view is obviously a "plant".

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20418: Feb 07, 2016 05:02:41 pm
      ;D -yes, as usual, anyone posting anything other than your point of view is obviously a "plant".

as head gardner you should know
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #20419: Feb 07, 2016 05:58:38 pm

Christ works with everyone.

Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #20420: Feb 07, 2016 09:55:27 pm

Just because somebody doesn't share an opinion, doesn't make them a boot licker... no i'm not in the PR business. i've been offered hospitality and never once took it for a football match or music performance. every given opportunity? remind me how long this thread has been open and how many times I've posted? I'm sure you've done some checking.. to somehow make sense of your accusation. One of the reasons i stopped posting on this forum and so did several other fans, is because sometimes it feels more like a tin foil hat conspiracy site and if anyone dares to think different gets warned or mocked by the ruling elite. I'm not gonna bash our owners for the sake of it, they are human they will make mistakes and so will we. But as everyone is quick to get rid I've not heard one suggestions who they would prefer as owners, which makes me think they haven't really thought it through.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #20421: Feb 07, 2016 10:10:41 pm

Just because somebody doesn't share an opinion, doesn't make them a boot licker... no i'm not in the PR business. i've been offered hospitality and never once took it for a football match or music performance. every given opportunity? remind me how long this thread has been open and how many times I've posted? I'm sure you've done some checking.. to somehow make sense of your accusation. One of the reasons i stopped posting on this forum and so did several other fans, is because sometimes it feels more like a tin foil hat conspiracy site and if anyone dares to think different gets warned or mocked by the ruling elite. I'm not gonna bash our owners for the sake of it, they are human they will make mistakes and so will we. But as everyone is quick to get rid I've not heard one suggestions who they would prefer as owners, which makes me think they haven't really thought it through.

I'd take a Jack Walker type owner right now.

FSG are doing what they agreed to to by building or refurbishing the Stadia, that was part of the sale agreement & also not putting the club in debt by doing such...

Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #20422: Feb 07, 2016 10:52:45 pm
      I'd take a Jack Walker type owner right now.

FSG are doing what they agreed to to by building or refurbishing the Stadia, that was part of the sale agreement & also not putting the club in debt by doing such...

A great man he was.. but he would struggle to bank roll against the sheik. I feel for Blackburn fans now. I feel for our fans regardless of what people think of me on here, i'm glad i have a decent support of Liverpool fans locally or i'd maybe have been more upset with my treatment today.  I don't want to see people priced out of the game, but i also don't wanna see fans unable to ever attend. We are a global franchise with a global fan base, I cant imagine how difficult it is running a club especially with the way football has gone it's the spawn of satan right now and the money is making it more competitive by the day. City are ahead of us financially and they only seem to be growing in confidence (business wise) We've got a decent foundation though and it seems to me a great business plan, i think the prices will drop when they can, i don't think personally they are just squeezing money out of us for greed. I might be wrong though and if i am i'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit it.

Cheers for the response without abuse :)
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #20423: Feb 07, 2016 11:05:37 pm

Well least you've got company :) I don't know why such cynical fans bother going to a match, it's clear unless something exciting happens they are miserable gits. surely they should be UFO searching instead

Quick Reply