Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2807338 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21045: Jan 26, 2017 12:34:30 pm
      Typical, when the blip happens blame the owners.

It's not because our tactics aren't working, or some players are under performing. It's the owners who are choosing the tactics, playing the players & forcing Klopp to loan or sell our backup wingers. Yup, FSG's fault

Take a look at the subs from competing teams.

Look at Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs. See who they can bring on to change games then look at ours, we have a mix of non regular starters and a few past it players making up the numbers.

If you don't think the owners should spend some of their money and help us compete then I think your wrong.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21046: Jan 26, 2017 12:38:17 pm

Look at Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs. See who they can bring on to change games then look at ours, we have a mix of non regular starters and a few past it players making up the numbers.

If you don't think the owners should spend some of their money and help us compete then I think your wrong.

Klopp already said he has money to spend.
      He also said he won't spend for the sake of spending.

You're barking up the wrong tree.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #21047: Jan 26, 2017 12:41:57 pm
      Klopp already said he has money to spend.
      He also said he won't spend for the sake of spending.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

Well lets see when crunch time happens and we get outbid by a couple of million as per the norm.

There will be comments like "we have a valuation and wont go above it" bullshit.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21048: Jan 26, 2017 12:49:19 pm
      These guys, like probably all owners, aren't perfect but before the finger of blame for our poor form is pointed at them...

Was this or was this not said by the manager, He has final say on transfers?

Was this or was this not said by the manager, I wont spend over the odds and I wont spend for the sake of it?

If those things were said than people need to stop having a pop at the owners for not spending. If they weren't said is there any evidence in place that they turned down requests from the manager this month or back in the summer for cash to buy players? If they weren't said and there's evidence they refused the boss money than continue on having a pop!     
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #21049: Jan 26, 2017 01:02:20 pm

I can also see that none of those teams has bought any players this transfer window (with the exception of Chelsea who are likely in for a backup GK), maybe because Klopp has a point and clubs don't want to sell in Jan?

The owners have backed every manager with lots of money. Andy Carroll 35m, Henderson 20m, Lallana 20m, Mane 35m, Wijnaldum 25m, Suarez 20m , Benteke 35m, and many more.

This myth about the owners not ''backing up'' the managers with funds is quite silly to be honest. There is money to spend, Klopp has that and he has the final say on whether to spend 30m on a winger or not.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #21050: Jan 26, 2017 04:18:12 pm
      The owners have supported every manager, just like Mr Bumbles supported Oliver.

Since 2012 every season has started with us week in one area or the other. You look at our team and see players starting for us who are not good enough. They would never start for any of our competitor and when you look at our competitors bench you see players who would be regulars for us.

Every January is the same we all know the side needs improvement, but nothing happens. We watch teams with a lot less money identify weakness and try to rectify it. You see teams like Stoke, Everton and Bournemouth finding money and buying player they believe will make a  difference.

Yet if the Red Sox needed a player JH and his cohorts would make sure they got someone. They would go out there way to ensure the baseball team has the best chances. In the same way John Moore used to go out of his way to make sure we had the player we needed.

The simple truth is the owners don’t care. We are nothing but an investment opportunity and there only real concern is the bank balance

beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #21051: Jan 26, 2017 04:50:18 pm
      Typical, when the blip happens blame the owners.

It's not because our tactics aren't working, or some players are under performing. It's the owners who are choosing the tactics, playing the players & forcing Klopp to loan or sell our backup wingers. Yup, FSG's fault
      Blip??? It's more than a blip lad 😡

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21052: Jan 26, 2017 05:47:17 pm
      The owners have supported every manager, just like Mr Bumbles supported Oliver.

Since 2012 every season has started with us week in one area or the other. You look at our team and see players starting for us who are not good enough. They would never start for any of our competitor and when you look at our competitors bench you see players who would be regulars for us.

Every January is the same we all know the side needs improvement, but nothing happens. We watch teams with a lot less money identify weakness and try to rectify it. You see teams like Stoke, Everton and Bournemouth finding money and buying player they believe will make a  difference.

Yet if the Red Sox needed a player JH and his cohorts would make sure they got someone. They would go out there way to ensure the baseball team has the best chances. In the same way John Moore used to go out of his way to make sure we had the player we needed.

The simple truth is the owners don’t care. We are nothing but an investment opportunity and there only real concern is the bank balance

There's so much wrong with this, I barely know where to begin, but let's start with the Club Accounts, which show very clearly that FSG aren't taking any money out, so all that bollocks about the Red Sox immediately gets shot down, as does the argument about JWH and where his interests lie.
      JWH may be principle owner, but Mike Gordon increased his share of FSG so that he could take pretty much sole responsibility for us, and if he increases his holdings, no doubt he will become sole owner when JWH decides to call it a day.
      So now we have JWH with his primary interest in the Red Sox (but not taking money from us to prop them up), and Mike Gordon whose primary interest is LFC, which is where he spends a lot of his time, then we have Tom Werner who is between the 2 stools, so to speak.

The reason we haven't bought anyone is Klopp's decision; as he stated, he has money, he has the backing of the owners, he has final say on any transfers, both in and out, so your little fantasy about FSG doesn't hold any water at all.

It's probably best to acquaint yourself with the facts before writing such sh*te, but facts are in pretty short supply here where FSG are concerned, with people preferring conspiracy theories, and making up sh*t that is so easily refuted it's embarrassing.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21053: Jan 26, 2017 05:49:49 pm
      Blip??? It's more than a blip lad 😡

It's really not.
      Unless of course you only just started following football.

These drops in form happen to every team, every season, end of story.
      The idea that it only happens to us is F***ing laughable.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21054: Jan 26, 2017 06:05:52 pm

Wasn't long ago people were saying our bench actually looked half decent for a change with being able to bring the likes of Sturridge on.

United, Arsenal and Spurs have a bench no better than us.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #21055: Jan 26, 2017 06:51:52 pm
      There's so much wrong with this, I barely know where to begin, but let's start with the Club Accounts, which show very clearly that FSG aren't taking any money out, so all that bollocks about the Red Sox immediately gets shot down, as does the argument about JWH and where his interests lie.
      JWH may be principle owner, but Mike Gordon increased his share of FSG so that he could take pretty much sole responsibility for us, and if he increases his holdings, no doubt he will become sole owner when JWH decides to call it a day.
      So now we have JWH with his primary interest in the Red Sox (but not taking money from us to prop them up), and Mike Gordon whose primary interest is LFC, which is where he spends a lot of his time, then we have Tom Werner who is between the 2 stools, so to speak.

The reason we haven't bought anyone is Klopp's decision; as he stated, he has money, he has the backing of the owners, he has final say on any transfers, both in and out, so your little fantasy about FSG doesn't hold any water at all.

It's probably best to acquaint yourself with the facts before writing such sh*te, but facts are in pretty short supply here where FSG are concerned, with people preferring conspiracy theories, and making up sh*t that is so easily refuted it's embarrassing.
      Why don't you try and reply to my post ?

Your post has no connections with my original post. If appears that you are so determined to defend the owners you have copy and pasted the wrong reply

beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #21056: Jan 26, 2017 07:48:07 pm
      It's really not.
      Unless of course you only just started following football.

These drops in form happen to every team, every season, end of story.
      The idea that it only happens to us is f**king laughable.
      Two to three bad games is a blip lad? Not a f***in months worth? And by the way I've been following this club for more years than you've probably been alive so don't come it son 😡
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21057: Jan 26, 2017 11:59:46 pm
      FSG thread alive and the "I've been a fan longer than you" posts.

We must be losing :roll:

Klopp just pulled out of signing Draxler because the player was going to pick whoever gave him more money.

Quote from: Klopp
      "“We believe that if someone needs to be convinced by money, then at one point – when you really need character – you will not get it."

The money is there to be spent if he wants it. It would've been a 38 million pound transfer (at least) if it went ahead and his wages would've been 100k per week at the very least.

How is that poor ownership? What else do people want?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #21058: Jan 27, 2017 12:33:37 am
      Its poor because we didn't sign him ! And he is hardly the first one we failed to sign, there have been so many that have got away over the last 5/6 years I've lost count. We will hear the same excuses almost all about money but the truth is whenever any club bids against us we collapse like a pack of cards.

We didn't even make an official bid for Drexler. Why didn't we bid the money, talk to the player and try to persuade him to come here.

Another failure on FSGs watch

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #21059: Jan 27, 2017 01:35:50 am
      Its poor because we didn't sign him ! And he is hardly the first one we failed to sign, there have been so many that have got away over the last 5/6 years I've lost count. We will hear the same excuses almost all about money but the truth is whenever any club bids against us we collapse like a pack of cards.

We didn't even make an official bid for Drexler. Why didn't we bid the money, talk to the player and try to persuade him to come here.

Another failure on FSGs watch

Yeah.. Dembele,Gotze,Mor,Alli,Dahoud,Pulisic,Zielinski,Chilwell and now Draxler .. and all they managed was a 12m bid for Pulisic and a meeting with Alli? ridiculous
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #21060: Jan 27, 2017 08:43:34 am
      Yeah.. Dembele,Gotze,Mor,Alli,Dahoud,Pulisic,Zielinski,Chilwell and now Draxler .. and all they managed was a 12m bid for Pulisic and a meeting with Alli? ridiculous

The failure to get Dale Ali is the worst !

He wanted to come here, Rodgers wanted him. He is a Liverpool supporter but the owners would only offer him £4,000 a week. At that time MK Dons were paying him £3,500 a week.

Imagine that going from MK Dons (turnover less than £6 million) to Liverpool (turnover  £300 million) and only being offered a rise of 15%

A 15 % rise !
      Our turnover is FIFTY times that of MK Dons
      Our wage bill is TWENTY FIVE time their turnover 
      We paid Benteke more than MK Dons make in a year
      We offered Dale Ali £4,000 a week. Yet we were paying Ian Ayre £24,000 a week ?

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #21061: Jan 27, 2017 09:08:00 am
      Wasn't long ago people were saying our bench actually looked half decent for a change with being able to bring the likes of Sturridge on.

United, Arsenal and Spurs have a bench no better than us.

Really?

United recently have called on Rooney, Mata, Rashford, Mhiktarian and Fellaini.

Arsenal Giroud, Oxlade Chamberlain, Xhaka, Ramsey.

Spurs have Son, Sissoko.

All established international players from their bench. All previous regular first teamers.

They can field strong 11's without these players.

If you don't think we need more depth to the squad to compete with these whilst openly admitting Chelsea and Man City have stronger squads then we look at football in different ways.

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #21062: Jan 27, 2017 09:42:23 am
      Well lets see when crunch time happens and we get outbid by a couple of million as per the norm.

There will be comments like "we have a valuation and wont go above it" bullshit.

Which players did this happen with? Out of interest.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #21063: Jan 27, 2017 09:57:02 am
      Which players did this happen with? Out of interest.

Been happening for years where we wont go above a certain valuation and then get outbid by a couple of million for supposedly a player that is our first choice.

If your trying to prove a point and looking for substantial written proof from LFC itself then look elsewhere.

I know what I see over the years and its time our owners stepped up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21064: Jan 27, 2017 11:05:20 am
      Really?

United recently have called on Rooney, Mata, Rashford, Mhiktarian and Fellaini.

Arsenal Giroud, Oxlade Chamberlain, Xhaka, Ramsey.

Spurs have Son, Sissoko.

All established international players from their bench. All previous regular first teamers.

They can field strong 11's without these players.

If you don't think we need more depth to the squad to compete with these whilst openly admitting Chelsea and Man City have stronger squads then we look at football in different ways.

Where did I say we don't need more depth to the squad? Oh that's right, I didn't, so don't try twisting things.

Really. None of them on Arsenals bench impress me in the slightest, especially Xhaka who is a liability, as shown by the amount of red cards he gets.

Uniteds bench I would take Mata and that's it. For all the hype of Rashford, he's hardly done anything this season. Can't believe you even listed Fellaini too.

Spurs are hardly filled with a great bench and if you think Sissoko is an asset to have on the bench that we could do with then you are mistaken.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21065: Jan 27, 2017 11:32:44 am
      Can I just remind ppl that we've only had one window under Klopp, I don't count winter windows cos we don't seem to do business then, anyhoo.... One window under Klopp in a European free season, after a initial 7month sussing out period,

If you didn't know by now that we will very clearly be adding players come the summer then I'm afraid to say that your head is up yer hole and pointing the wrong way up,

Obviously the acquisition of European football next season will play a huge part in how many come in and of what quality, it could well be that Jürgen may add those who he feels will be suitable to take us up another level,  we certainly won't be the finished article that's for sure,

The money is there no doubt. but it's how it's spent and who on,
      He has said before he will only bring in who he thinks will benefit the side and have a immediate impact, that may not be the marquee signings ppl may have in their own thoughts,
      FSG will stump up the dollars I have no doubt, we have to think about the future and not of the past, FSG may have been tight arses with TPM but are well aware Jürgen is in a different league to him and will have more trusting in his judgement.

YNWA
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #21066: Jan 27, 2017 11:33:58 am
      Where did I say we don't need more depth to the squad? Oh that's right, I didn't, so don't try twisting things.

Really. None of them on Arsenals bench impress me in the slightest, especially Xhaka who is a liability, as shown by the amount of red cards he gets.

Uniteds bench I would take Mata and that's it. For all the hype of Rashford, he's hardly done anything this season. Can't believe you even listed Fellaini too.

Spurs are hardly filled with a great bench and if you think Sissoko is an asset to have on the bench that we could do with then you are mistaken.

You said there subs bench was equal to ours, it is not.

Whether I rate Fellaini or not which I don't or Sissoko for that matter they would still be above what we have on ours in terms of ability to change games.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21067: Jan 27, 2017 11:58:32 am
      Two to three bad games is a blip lad? Not a f***in months worth? And by the way I've been following this club for more years than you've probably been alive so don't come it son 😡

:lmao:
      oh really?
      About 50 years or so I've been a supporter, so wind your neck in please, and less of the keyboard hard man act.

A blip is a blip, it's only a few games out of the 50-60 odd we'll play this season, and our form will improve.

It'll happen to every team at some point, the same way it does every season.

Quick Reply