Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2791951 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,472 posts | 2861 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23046: Aug 31, 2017 08:26:58 pm
      Struggling to see how people still back this lot.

It's just year after year of disappointment with them.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23047: Aug 31, 2017 08:29:12 pm
      Struggling to see how people still back this lot.

It's just year after year of disappointment with them.

Yup, surprised myself the manager is still around.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23048: Aug 31, 2017 08:39:03 pm
      Yup, surprised myself the manager is still around.

Because there isn't another manager that could work the miracles that klopp can on this kind of budget.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23049: Aug 31, 2017 08:41:12 pm
      Because there isn't another manager that could work the miracles that klopp can on this kind of budget.

That's true...just surprised he doesn't pack up and leave with the lack of support he is receiving.

It's not like he couldn't go to any club in the world and get a job.

Must be a glutton for punishment is Jürgen.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23050: Aug 31, 2017 08:52:04 pm
      So we spend 80 odd million, fail to get the one defender the manager seems to want to buy, but nevertheless improve the squad, and FSG are cu*ts.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Only on this forum could someone take that view.
      It's F***ing hilarious  :lmao:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,543 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #23051: Aug 31, 2017 08:54:42 pm
      In
      Keita £55m
      Salah £37m
      Robertson £8m
      Solanke £4m
      Ox £35m

Spend: £139m

Out
      Wisdom £2m
      Sakho £23m
      Stewart £4m
      Lucas £5m

Recovered: £34m

Net Spend: £105m

Net Spend No Keita Money: £50m
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 09:08:12 pm by Rush »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23052: Aug 31, 2017 08:57:34 pm
      In
      Keita £55m
      Salah £37m
      Robertson £8m
      Solanke £4m
      Ox £35m

Out
      Wisdom £2m
      Sakho £23m
      Stewart £4m
      Lucas £5m

Less than that isn't it?

Keita get's paid for next Summer with Phil's money.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,543 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #23053: Aug 31, 2017 09:02:32 pm
      Less than that isn't it?

Keita get's paid for next Summer with Phil's money.
      That's what I'm thinking, but we don't know for definite that's how it'll be so I left that out. But yeah, that's what I'm thinking
      Kopite78
      Reply #23054: Aug 31, 2017 09:06:15 pm
      In
      Keita £55m
      Salah £37m
      Robertson £8m
      Solanke £4m
      Ox £35m

Out
      Wisdom £2m
      Sakho £23m
      Stewart £4m
      Lucas £5m

Kieta defo doesn't count
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23055: Aug 31, 2017 09:09:27 pm
      So we spend 80 odd million, fail to get the one defender the manager seems to want to buy, but nevertheless improve the squad, and FSG are cu*ts.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Only on this forum could someone take that view.
      It's F***ing hilarious  :lmao:

Oh no you've gotten it wrong, FSG have been cu*ts since they got here, I wouldn't make that statement based on just one window.

Only you could find the fact that we haven't improved in the most important area funny, but then again you are a WUM so...
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23056: Aug 31, 2017 09:16:11 pm
      In
      Keita £55m
      Salah £37m
      Robertson £8m
      Solanke £4m
      Ox £35m

Out
      Wisdom £2m
      Sakho £23m
      Stewart £4m
      Lucas £5m

We also get £6 million for the loan of Origi if in not mistaken.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23057: Aug 31, 2017 09:18:07 pm
      We also get £6 million for the loan of Origi if in not mistaken.

Yup...Jürgen playing a blinder on that one.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #23058: Aug 31, 2017 09:18:14 pm
      In
      Keita £55m
      Salah £37m
      Robertson £8m
      Solanke £4m
      Ox £35m

Out
      Wisdom £2m
      Sakho £23m
      Stewart £4m
      Lucas £5m

So, we are like net - £50m starting summer transfer window 2018/2019.  :mad:

Come on Keita money doesn't come into this window.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23059: Aug 31, 2017 09:18:39 pm
      Oh no you've gotten it wrong, FSG have been cu*ts since they got here, I wouldn't make that statement based on just one window.

Only you could find the fact that we haven't improved in the most important area funny, but then again you are a WUM so...

Nah fella it's idiots stuck to twatter and following every word a so called ITK types that I find funny; and then using it as an excuse to throw a hissy fit is F***ing hilarious.
      Getting emotionally involved with an electronic account to the point where you believe every word they say is the height of silliness.

If we didn't get a CB then there's only one person to blame, but I'm not going to do that because (again) it's counter productive.
      Klopp knows why he held out for one player, and I can only think it's because he reckons Gomez can fill in if needed.

2 players in for 35 million or over, a new LB and a very good young striker.
      It could have been a better window, but we strengthened a fair bit in midfield and up front.

I'll leave you to wallow in self pity city while I look forwards to the international break being over, but you got your couple of pluses for slagging, so that must at least make you a little bit happy.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #23060: Aug 31, 2017 09:18:59 pm
      In
      Keita £55m
      Salah £37m
      Robertson £8m
      Solanke £4m
      Ox £35m

Out
      Wisdom £2m
      Sakho £23m
      Stewart £4m
      Lucas £5m

So, we are like net - £50m starting summer transfer window 2018/2019.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23061: Aug 31, 2017 09:22:22 pm

Taking into account that the Keita purchase is next season (presume money will be spent then) our biggest spend was on the Ox, £45m the same money Everton spent on Gylfi Sigurdsson and some here will brag that FSG broke the club transfer record on the OX   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Guest with are now competing with Everton price wise in the transfer market    :f_tongueincheek:  :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #23062: Aug 31, 2017 09:23:37 pm
      Can't wrap my head around why people are so hell bent on sticking up for FSG??

Do they believe it makes them virtuous or something? In 8 years other than Klopp being hired not once have I thought "Wow, these owners are really doing a hell of a job, I'm glad we have them"

It's usually just "Well, we could have worse owners, at least the financials are stable".

Says a lot really.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23063: Aug 31, 2017 09:24:56 pm
      Nah fella it's idiots stuck to twatter and following every word a so called ITK types that I find funny; and then using it as an excuse to throw a hissy fit is F***ing hilarious.
      Getting emotionally involved with an electronic account to the point where you believe every word they say is the height of silliness.

If we didn't get a CB then there's only one person to blame, but I'm not going to do that because (again) it's counter productive.
      Klopp knows why he held out for one player, and I can only think it's because he reckons Gomez can fill in if needed.

It could have been a better window, but we strengthened a fair bit in midfield and up front.

I'll leave you to wallow in self pity city while I look forwards to the international break being over, but you got your couple of pluses for slagging, so that must at least make you a little bit happy.

I won't wallow in self pity, I'll get on with supporting my team because there is F**k all I can do about FSG being here.
      I'll tell you something though, if it's the defence that costs us the title again, you'll feel exactly the same as I over this missed opportunity, in fact you should be at least a bit annoyed about it now!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #23064: Aug 31, 2017 09:25:31 pm
      Nah fella it's idiots stuck to twatter and following every word a so called ITK types that I find funny; and then using it as an excuse to throw a hissy fit is f**king hilarious.

Do you try to be the MOST condescending pr**k on the forum or does it happen with no effort?
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #23065: Aug 31, 2017 09:29:56 pm
      So our acquisitions are Salah, Solanke, Chamberlain, Robertson and Keita.

It's decent but more what you would expect from a team that is very nearly the finished product. One of these is for next year so essentially we have signed one player to our first XI who is guaranteed to make a difference and the rest just add depth/untested (and will hopefully surprise us and really make a place their own).

But no major acquisition at the back is going to f**k us this season I fear and I could have told you that since January.

Once again we leave ourselves short going into the season and it's all too regular.
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 09:41:03 pm by RedWilly »
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23066: Aug 31, 2017 09:31:34 pm
      Can't wrap my head around why people are so hell bent on sticking up for FSG??

Do they believe it makes them virtuous or something? In 8 years other than Klopp being hired not once have I thought "Wow, these owners are really doing a hell of a job, I'm glad we have them"

It's usually just "Well, we could have worse owners, at least the financials are stable".

Says a lot really.

Some people genuinely want to see us doing well without having to break the bank like Utd, City and Chelsea. I get that point of view.
      Some people seem to be more concerned about us having a healthy bank balance for some reason, that I don't get, especially when success leads to more money coming into the club.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #23067: Aug 31, 2017 09:32:03 pm
      Do you try to be the MOST condescending pr**k on the forum or does it happen with no effort?

It happens with no effort mate. Remember this guy likes to remind everyone how little he cares, whilst he curses everyone and his eye is twitching and blood vessels are bursting left, right and centre...have a plus on me :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23068: Aug 31, 2017 09:33:13 pm
      I won't wallow in self pity, I'll get on with supporting my team because there is F**k all I can do about FSG being here.
      I'll tell you something though, if it's the defence that costs us the title again, you'll feel exactly the same as I over this missed opportunity, in fact you should be at least a bit annoyed about it now!

Here's where the most fundamental difference is between how we view things.
      Like Klopp, I understand that it's a team game, and all goals are team errors, because even when there is an individual mistake, there has been another mistake before it, and one before that and so on.

You'll notice that I'm not one for sitting in match threads pointing the finger at someone and shouting what a dickhead he is, and again, that's because it's a team game.
      Everything counts on the pitch, every touch, every movement, every action; nothing is done in isolation.
      Of course we could do with a bit more at the back, but it won't be one F***ing defender that stops us winning a trophy.
      It'll be a cascade of errors across the team that opponents take advantage of.

But you carry on pointing the finger of blame; you're not the only one with this hobby, and to be fair you're not as bad as some, but when you hear Klopp speak about defending, listen for a change.
      He's said plenty of times, it's not exactly about how we defend set pieces, it's about conceding from the second or even thrid ball on many occasions, and that means the whole team.

Quick Reply