Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2784855 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23989: Jan 28, 2018 03:52:21 pm
      As posted many times bunch of skinflints won't compete under there ownership
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #23990: Jan 28, 2018 07:12:40 pm
      We cannot spend money we haven't got ... or are people saying that the owners should do what Leeds did and gamble heavily on several high profile signings?

We do not have the money to compete with the likes of Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc

FSG are doing a lot to close that gap and statistically the gap is closing.

The club sat on its arse in the 1990s and did nothing to tap into global revenue streams until about ten years after those clubs started. So, while we have similar global fan-bases to Madrid, Man Utd etc, we are still playing catch up because of what happened 20-25 years ago.

FSG are about long-term sustainability - it's exactly what we need and what we should be doing.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #23991: Jan 28, 2018 07:16:56 pm
      https://twitter.com/chrismoore32/status/957380424212369408

This says it all.. the culmination of almost a decade of FSG ownership.. how people can still defend them I will never know.

To a certain extent we as fans we bring it on ourselves,dismiss the league cup as a mickey mouse cup,the shine has gone off the fa cup and we should concentrate on getting the top 4 gets banged out on a regular bases,then when we get knocked of said cups people cry about not winning cups anymore.And don't forget we had a good 60 odd year run of not winning the fa cup.It's F***ing sh*te that we aren't gonna win a domestic cup again but it ain't just down to the corporate side of the club.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #23992: Jan 28, 2018 07:30:22 pm
      We cannot spend money we haven't got ... or are people saying that the owners should do what Leeds did and gamble heavily on several high profile signings?

We do not have the money to compete with the likes of Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc

The club sat on its arse in the 1990s and did nothing to tap into global revenue streams until about ten years after those clubs started. So, while we have similar global fan-bases to Madrid, Man Utd etc, we are still playing catch up because of what happened 20-25 years ago.

FSG are about long-term sustainability - it's exactly what we need and what we should be doing.

Well we either have Ā£142m or about Ā£20m change after VVD and Naby......

So itā€™s either not spending or sell to buy......FSG apologists need to make their mind up.

*not aimed directly at you, in general.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23993: Jan 28, 2018 07:44:11 pm

True.

Mr Moores and Mr Parry .   May we just remind you ...lest we forget.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #23994: Jan 28, 2018 08:00:14 pm
      True.

Mr Moores and Mr Parry .   May we just remind you ...lest we forget.

Yeah let's forget the treble in 2001 and Istanbul in 2005.

Know what I'd prefer.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23995: Jan 28, 2018 08:19:05 pm

How about the Trophy gap? Or is that not important?
      Tell me one thing FSG have done that wasn't for their own benefit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #23996: Jan 28, 2018 08:19:37 pm

We got Ā£142 million for Coutinho, so if we're self-sustainable, shouldn't that money be put back into the transfer kitty?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #23997: Jan 28, 2018 08:21:57 pm

Deary me.

This is the biggest load of FSG apologist sh*te I've read since Swab stopped posting.

In fact...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #23998: Jan 28, 2018 08:32:49 pm
      Deary me.

This is the biggest load of FSG apologist sh*te I've read since Swab stopped posting.

In fact...

Yep we can only spend what we earn......except for Ā£142m which we can spend but itā€™s just that JĆ¼rgen does ā€œno spendā€ January OR actually that we have already 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø because itā€™s ā€œsell to buyā€.

Clear as mud. What the f**k?!

Getting bored with some of the denial of the facts - getting like the ā€œflat earthā€ society....,,
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #23999: Jan 28, 2018 08:37:22 pm
      From the man who proved to be close to the VVD deal when Pearce, Joyce and Reddy weren't saying sh*t

https://twitter.com/RealKevinPalmer/status/957389454100049922
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #24000: Jan 28, 2018 08:37:22 pm
      Providing the club is growing in value, and the Premier League is too, no one in FSG genuinely cares if Liverpool are competing for league and Champions League. Sure, it'd be nice. It'd be a bonus. It'd bring in a few more dollars in commercial revenue.

But Liverpool being the dominant side in England, which I assume all Liverpool fans ultimately want, is not the overall objective of these owners.

Keeping Liverpool in the 'Arsenal' zone is their business and hoping for some good luck and good management to bridge the gap is the best we can hope for.

Investing adequately, more than the pathetic sub Ā£15m net spends, is a cost benefit calculation that FSG figure isn't worth it. It's clear to see.

I think JĆ¼rgen Klipp wants to win the league for Liverpool.

But everyone else at boardroom and ownership level?

I bet the first item on the agenda for them and the financials. The football is secondary and as a result, Liverpool remain second best.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018 08:41:51 pm by KS67 »
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #24001: Jan 28, 2018 08:39:52 pm
      How about the Trophy gap? Or is that not important?
      Tell me one thing FSG have done that wasn't for their own benefit.

Winning trophies will come - but my point was that we are not yet in a position to be as competitive in the transfer market as those top clubs.

I don't get the FSG / Own benefit point. As owners of the club, everything they do with the club will be for their own benefit. However what they have done is a number of things that will continue to benefit the club if / when they pass ownership on to someone else: the additional seats at Anfield - those will still be there after they have gone; the newly-revamped club stores will still be there; as will the upgrades they're planning to Melwood / the Academy.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #24002: Jan 28, 2018 08:45:27 pm
      We got Ā£142 million for Coutinho, so if we're self-sustainable, shouldn't that money be put back into the transfer kitty?

I don't know how much is in the transfer kitty (and neither do any of us on here).

The point I was making is that I would rather the club spent within its means (whatever that might be) and did not overspend and leave us in a position similar to Leeds.

Statistically we are closing the gap on the richest clubs - this is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact - so we are getting closer to the point where we can go out and spend the sort of money that Barcelona / Man Uts etc can currently spend
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #24003: Jan 28, 2018 08:45:54 pm
      From the man who proved to be close to the VVD deal when Pearce, Joyce and Reddy weren't saying sh*t

https://twitter.com/RealKevinPalmer/status/957389454100049922

Like nightclub bouncers when it gets busy, one in one out.

It's the FSG way.
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #24004: Jan 28, 2018 08:50:04 pm
      Winning trophies will come - but my point was that we are not yet in a position to be as competitive in the transfer market as those top clubs.

You make it sound as if weā€™re f**king Portsmouth. We are one of the richest clubs in the world. We might not be able to compete for a 500k a week Sanchez, but we certainly shouldnā€™t be operating a sell to buy policy and an average net spend of 15mill per window.

About those trophies...any idea when they will come, because Iā€™m getting pretty f**king impatient hearing that 10 years down the line.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #24005: Jan 28, 2018 08:50:16 pm
      Providing the club is growing in value, and the Premier League is too, no one in FSG genuinely cares if Liverpool are competing for league and Champions League. Sure, it'd be nice. It'd be a bonus. It'd bring in a few more dollars in commercial revenue.

The value of a club and its commercial revenue are inextricably linked: on-field success will raise the value of the club enormously. It is absolutely in FSG's best interests of the team to succeed and win trophies.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #24006: Jan 28, 2018 08:50:57 pm
      You make it sound as if weā€™re f**king Portsmouth, we are one of the richest clubs in the world. We might not be able to compete for a 500k a week Sanchez, but we certainly shouldnā€™t be operating a sell to buy policy and an average net spend of 15mill per window.

About those trophies...any idea when they will come, because Iā€™m getting pretty f**king impatient hearing that 10 years down the line.

Hey mate stay patient. Just another 7 years more.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      Reply #24007: Jan 28, 2018 08:52:04 pm

Just to clear up any confusion, I liked that by accident.
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #24008: Jan 28, 2018 08:53:36 pm
      Hey mate stay patient. Just another 7 years more.

Maybe by that point we will have pushed the boat out to 25 mill net spend a window.

Of course our rivals will all be hitting 120mill plus at that point, but at least we will win the net spend league that we never dreamt of...
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #24009: Jan 28, 2018 08:53:42 pm
      You make it sound as if weā€™re f**king Portsmouth, we are one of the richest clubs in the world. We might not be able to compete for a 500k a week Sanchez, but we certainly shouldnā€™t be operating a sell to buy policy and an average net spend of 15mill per window.

We're in the top 10 richest clubs but we aren't at the top ... Man Utd are. With the work that FSG are doing we will be able to compete for a Ā£500k per week player - that's the long-term goal and we are getting closer to that reality.

Fully agree with you about the trophies - I'd love us to be winning more too
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #24010: Jan 28, 2018 08:54:43 pm
      You make it sound as if weā€™re f**king Portsmouth. We are one of the richest clubs in the world. We might not be able to compete for a 500k a week Sanchez, but we certainly shouldnā€™t be operating a sell to buy policy and an average net spend of 15mill per window.

Liverpool are "willing to wait " for trophies, a natural extension of the hugely successful transfer policy of pretending you may be ambitious...but just not yet.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #24011: Jan 28, 2018 08:56:54 pm
      Deary me.

In fact...

This is so simplistic ... why is it so difficult for you to engage in grown-up, meaningful, discussion?

Quick Reply