Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2771497 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25162: Dec 31, 2018 11:10:20 pm
      Let’s all just agree that the owners are doing a wonderful job.
      Nah! a passable one maybe

End of the day they get one of the best signings in Liverpool’s entire history: Jürgen Klopp!

Totally agree with this
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #25163: Dec 31, 2018 11:10:53 pm
      Whhhaaatttt!!! They don't pay for there ticket, and Get free pie and Chips...??? It's a diabolical Liberty  :f_whistle:

Well it seem to me that direction of the debate of whether the owners take money out of the club?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25164: Dec 31, 2018 11:12:46 pm
      If I don't get the chance to say it Happy New Year to all here. even thus I am argueing with
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25165: Dec 31, 2018 11:33:42 pm
      You seem to know little yourself

Well that ok then, they loaned the club they bought £50 million, wait was that interest free? and did not Liverpool sell players that season?

Really... Did we not make a bid for Suarez of £11.5 million which was turned down, and we returned with a further bid of £13.7 mil. also turned down and it was not till we sold Ryan Babel did we pay the asking price of £22.5 mil for Suarez us getting him get him had f**k all to do with any money loaned from FSG, and we later sold Torres to Chelsea for £50 mil of which Andy Carroll was bought from that...

Kind of my point... They loan the club the money and charge the club "Interest" on the money

You show me where they are not taking a wage...Directors:John W. Henry,  Tom Warner, David Ginsberg, Michael Gordon, Michael Egan all are listed as Directors thus all are entitled to a salary

Fact; FSG loaned £50 million to the club when Dalglish took over as manager.

Fact; we were investigated for failure to comply with FFP

Fact; Suarez was bought after FSG loaned the money

Fact; You can see how much directors are paid in the accounts, including one Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish,

Fact; The £50 million was interest free, as an intra-company loan, shown clearly in the accounts

Fact; It doesn't matter who was bought when, the £50 million loan was for player acquisitions.

Fact; "You show me where they are not taking a wage". Only an incredibly stupid person would ask for a negative to be proved.

Fact; you list of Liverpool FC Directors is wrong. The list is he Directors of The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited are:

J. Henry (Principal Owner) - Director

T. Werner (Chairman) - Director

M. Gordon - Director

P. Moore (Chief Executive Officer) - Director

M. Egan - Director

K. Dalglish - Director

A. Hughes - Director
      So not only can you not read the accounts and find this information for yourself, you can't even copy and paste the Directors from the club website.

Fact; Facts do not require your belief, your spin or your bullshit. They are facts, and unarguable. The above are all facts.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #25166: Jan 01, 2019 12:08:33 am
      Nothing like a good argument about FSG to ring the New Year in eh. ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #25167: Jan 01, 2019 12:35:11 am
      Yes of course they are, but just sick of the fact that some here (There personal PR Machine's) are trying to make out that they are all that's good and right in the world, the perfect owners when in fact they really are no better than Hicks & Gillete, merely smarter about the way they are doing things

So what is it you actually want to see in the way of owners Donavan ?
      An Oil Shiek like city, or an oligarch like Chavs?
      Unlimited amounts of cash thrown at the club in the guise of sponsorship to cheat the FFP rules ?

Think I prefer what we’ve got, and if things continue as they have so far, the directors are welcome to take a wage.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25168: Jan 01, 2019 12:47:21 am
      Things are going great on and off the pitch. I haven’t seen the actual article yet but I assume it was James Pearce? Which leads me to the question of why even bother doing such an article when things are going so great and the club is in such a great place with any other intention than just trying to create a divide between supporters?

Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #25169: Jan 01, 2019 03:14:06 am
      Most look at theses contests as LFC vs Man City, LFC vs PSG, LFC vs Chelsea, etc.
      But in truth, the contests are between FSG and the United Arab Emirates, between FSG and Qatar, between FSG and Russian billionaire hobbyists, etc

Personally, I think it is remarkable that FSG has resurrected LFC and astonishing that LFC can go head to head financially with nation states and oligarchs.

Anyone who bitches how this franchise is being run clearly hasn't paid attention to how FSG runs their baseball team.....the most successful MLB team during their ownership reign (2001- present). Despite hosting games in the sports oldest and smallest stadium, FSG buys many of the sport's best players for the Red Sox, consistently spends the maximum allowable payroll each year, and has pummeled the league's most financially powerful team, the NY Yankees, year after year after year. And during the few down cycles that inevitably occur, ownership has poured huge resources into the team to reverse the teams trajectory. The Red Sox have averaged a championship every 4 years since FSG took over. Prior to their arrival, it had been 86 years since their last trophy.

Henry is an odd character....a quirky financial genius who has shown an uncanny ability to recognize value and tap into it seamlessly. Twice he has entered sports governing boardrooms and emerged with two iconic franchises at discount prices.......with fellow owners understanding the value he brings to the table. People not that familiar with Henry should watch the movie Money Ball to understand what kind of forward thinker Henry is.
      His partner, Tom Warner made his fortune in TV and brought his skill set to FSG and the Red Sox and their broadcast network. Given the explosion of the PL in the U.S., I have wondered how involved Warner has been in building up NBC's appetite for this product. PL interest has exploded in the states.
      Regardless, this group has elevated the Red Sox to unimaginable levels on the field and financially. And Red Sox fans who are paying attention to LFC see a similar blue print in motion: maximize space, expand the revenue base, reinvest in the product, seek value, be forward thinking.
      It's happening.

8 years ago LFC was a mess, last year LFC finished 2nd in the CL, currently LFC is ranked 3rd in the world, and 1st in the PL.

Not good enough?

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2019 03:38:09 am by Borg »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #25170: Jan 01, 2019 07:41:06 am
      Wrong... Suarez sell was completed and price agree when we sold Babel, until then we did not offer the £22.8 mill they wanted...Sorry previously stated £22.5 m Liverpool FC had intended Suarez to play along side Torres and when Torres decided to leave Carroll was bought out of that money

God help us all - yes the idea was for Suarez to play with Torres but when Torres was resigned to leaving they used it as an opportunity to ensure the money received was the same as the money they spent because the finances of the club were a mess

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #25171: Jan 01, 2019 07:43:41 am
      Yes of course they are, but just sick of the fact that some here (There personal PR Machine's) are trying to make out that they are all that's good and right in the world, the perfect owners when in fact they really are no better than Hicks & Gillete, merely smarter about the way they are doing things

That’s complete bull

H&G was a leveraged buyout on borrowed money -

FSG no debt from borrowing from banks , money being spent each season on players , a new stand built , no internal constant arguments

They are night and day as owners

FSG have a history of successful sports team both on and off the field

H&G have a history of bankruptcy and sports clubs going into administration
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #25172: Jan 01, 2019 11:08:18 am
      ‘Bleed the asset’. All while not taking money out of the club and increasing its value.

Yup sounds like the club is being bled dry!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25173: Jan 01, 2019 11:14:22 am

So what is it you actually want to see in the way of owners Donavan ?
      An Oil Shiek like city, or an oligarch like Chavs?
      Unlimited amounts of cash thrown at the club in the guise of sponsorship to cheat the FFP rules ?

Think I prefer what we’ve got, and if things continue as they have so far, the directors are welcome to take a wage.

I would like to see it remain thus, with the proviso that if we need to bring in a player come the Jan window the money be given to Klopp as an "interest" free loan.. I also would like for some people here just to admit what most of us  know that the owners take money out of the club and stop trying to say that it ain't so ...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25174: Jan 01, 2019 11:52:07 am
      Fact; Suarez was bought after FSG loaned the money

"If" the loan was given, It was not used to buy Suarez... Follow the crumbs, 1st bid, 2nd bid with a longest break in between, Babel being sold, and the 3rd and final bid being put forward and accepted...

Torres requesting to leave, Money accepted and Carroll signing

Fact; It doesn't matter who was bought when, the £50 million loan was for player acquisitions.
      Unless you are trying to garner support for FSG by suggesting the money loaned was to buy Suarez

Fact; "You show me where they are not taking a wage". Only an incredibly stupid person would ask for a negative to be proved.

With your M.o. if you could show that they are  now taking a salary you would have done this by now, The fact that I can not show that they are means as much as you being unable to disprove it, It still remains that the likelihood is very strong

Fact; you list of Liverpool FC Directors is wrong. The list is he Directors of The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited are:

J. Henry (Principal Owner) - Director

T. Werner (Chairman) - Director

M. Gordon - Director

P. Moore (Chief Executive Officer) - Director

M. Egan - Director

K. Dalglish - Director

A. Hughes - Director
      So not only can you not read the accounts and find this information for yourself, you can't even copy and paste the Directors from the club website.

Again this is very much a part of your M.O., you know full well the people I refer to J.W.Henry, Tom Werner etc, yet you try to deflect buy say "you list of Liverpool FC Directors is wrong" instead of dealing with the point I made saying that "All the Directors take a salary"

Fact; Facts do not require your belief, your spin or your bullshit. They are facts, and unarguable. The above are all facts.

Yes to an extent they can not be argued with They £50m loan that is, but were it was spent can...
      Downing £20.52 mil , Henderson £16.20 mil, Adam £7.56 mil Coats £7.20, Enrique £7.20... £58.68 mil...
      Not given that only £35 mil of the £50 mil for Torres was spent on Carroll (leaving £15 mil) it seems more likely that along with the £50 mil that is where the bulk of money went...

Facts can be made to fit a argument, and by themselves can rarely point towards the truth of the matter...

Done here
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25175: Jan 01, 2019 11:55:52 am
      That’s complete bull

H&G was a leveraged buyout on borrowed money -

FSG no debt from borrowing from banks , money being spent each season on players , a new stand built , no internal constant arguments

They are night and day as owners

FSG have a history of successful sports team both on and off the field

H&G have a history of bankruptcy and sports clubs going into administration

in fact they really are no better than Hicks & Gillete, merely smarter about the way they are doing things
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25176: Jan 01, 2019 12:33:23 pm
      HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE,

Wishing You All a Healthy and Prosperous 2019.

Right, humble pie time for me again, for the first 6/7 years i seriously doubted FSG, Henry, Werner et al, believing that they were no better than Herpes & Gonhorroea and were only in it to fatten their already fat bank accounts and didn't give a flying F**k what happened pitchside,
      Season on season they failed to provide the necessary funds to allow us to compete with our rivals and any attempt to break into top 4 status, every season it seemed that we would remain in mediocrity without so much as moving forward but actually going backwards,

What we seen was FSG, bringing in investment such as Standard Charter, Dunkin doughnuts, Western Union etc and building up the finances of the club,

we have seen the monies being made available increasing each season alongside the monies from sales, we have seen the development of the new stand increasing capacity with further plans to increase further with the Annie rd expansion,

We have seen them bring the best manager on the planet to our club and give us the best football  we have witnessed since the Paisley era, and  arguably in our history, and with that the capacity to sign players normally reserved for the oligarth's, the shaky Sheiks or Russian slave driver's,

I didn't see all this happening with these owners, i have to be honest,  but it is, it is happening,  they are providing everything that's required for us to be the best and perhaps the most successful club at the very least in Europe,
      This is just the beginning, we are starting to see the fruits of their investment,  we are on the brink of our first premier league title,  to be Champions of England once again after almost 30yrs,

I was wrong about them, totally wrong, if they take/make millions from their initial investment well i say fair fucks to them, because they are delivering what WE all want, a successful title winning football club, football that you just drool over, football that makes your Heart swell with pride, football that makes grin from ear to ear as we sweep all aside with relative ease,
      This has all been made possible by our owners,  well i don't know about any of uou guys but i for one is tremendously grateful and believe that they deserve far more praise than they receive.

I'm glad they are our owners, and to be honest I really can't fault them.

YNWA

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25177: Jan 01, 2019 12:51:45 pm
      HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE,

Wishing You All a Healthy and Prosperous 2019.

Right, humble pie time for me again, for the first 6/7 years i seriously doubted FSG, Henry, Werner et al, believing that they were no better than Herpes & Gonhorroea and were only in it to fatten their already fat bank accounts and didn't give a flying F**k what happened pitchside,
      Season on season they failed to provide the necessary funds to allow us to compete with our rivals and any attempt to break into top 4 status, every season it seemed that we would remain in mediocrity without so much as moving forward but actually going backwards,

What we seen was FSG, bringing in investment such as Standard Charter, Dunkin doughnuts, Western Union etc and building up the finances of the club,

we have seen the monies being made available increasing each season alongside the monies from sales, we have seen the development of the new stand increasing capacity with further plans to increase further with the Annie rd expansion,

We have seen them bring the best manager on the planet to our club and give us the best football  we have witnessed since the Paisley era, and  arguably in our history, and with that the capacity to sign players normally reserved for the oligarth's, the shaky Sheiks or Russian slave driver's,

I didn't see all this happening with these owners, i have to be honest,  but it is, it is happening,  they are providing everything that's required for us to be the best and perhaps the most successful club at the very least in Europe,
      This is just the beginning, we are starting to see the fruits of their investment,  we are on the brink of our first premier league title,  to be Champions of England once again after almost 30yrs,

I was wrong about them, totally wrong, if they take/make millions from their initial investment well i say fair fucks to them, because they are delivering what WE all want, a successful title winning football club, football that you just drool over, football that makes your Heart swell with pride, football that makes grin from ear to ear as we sweep all aside with relative ease,
      This has all been made possible by our owners,  well i don't know about any of uou guys but i for one is tremendously grateful and believe that they deserve far more praise than they receive.

I'm glad they are our owners, and to be honest I really can't fault them.

YNWA

Fair play billy.

I'm still not particularly fond of them, but I can't deny they've stuck by their words, despite a couple of false starts and some mistakes.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25178: Jan 01, 2019 12:53:46 pm

"If" the loan was given, It was not used to buy Suarez... Follow the crumbs, 1st bid, 2nd bid with a longest break in between, Babel being sold, and the 3rd and final bid being put forward and accepted...

Unless you are trying to garner support for FSG by suggesting the money loaned was to buy Suarez

With your M.o. if you could show that they are  now taking a salary you would have done this by now, The fact that I can not show that they are means as much as you being unable to disprove it, It still remains that the likelihood is very strong

Again this is very much a part of your M.O., you know full well the people I refer to J.W.Henry, Tom Werner etc, yet you try to deflect buy say "you list of Liverpool FC Directors is wrong" instead of dealing with the point I made saying that "All the Directors take a salary"

Yes to an extent they can not be argued with They £50m loan that is, but were it was spent can...
      Downing £20.52 mil , Henderson £16.20 mil, Adam £7.56 mil Coats £7.20, Enrique £7.20... £58.68 mil...
      Not given that only £35 mil of the £50 mil for Torres was spent on Carroll (leaving £15 mil) it seems more likely that along with the £50 mil that is where the bulk of money went...

Facts can be made to fit a argument, and by themselves can rarely point towards the truth of the matter...

Done here

Nope, you're just on a windup.

"prove something that doesn't exist isn't there"
       :lmao:
      Not even a good wum.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25179: Jan 01, 2019 01:06:07 pm

Done here

Mate, Really, C'mon who gives a F**k ?

Isn't the whole point being we are where we are because of them, are you not enjoying what we are doing, does really matter to you what goes on in the boardroom?
      So f***in what,mate, just enjoy the ride,  this is Special and long may it continue,

We Have Good Owners, 

THE END !

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25180: Jan 01, 2019 01:19:25 pm
      Came back here to say that in future I would avoid this thread, just as I am avoiding the Rafa Thread. I find it is argument for argument sake, and a lot of people are bored of it, especially of me and you going at it... Sorry people

Saw this and had to comment. then leave it here

"prove something that doesn't exist isn't there"
       :lmao:
      Not even a good wum.

I am right about you though... If you could back up what you claim you would be only too happy to do so, so you could lord it over everyone who's opinion you deem inferior to yours, and when all else fails its insults and accusation of being WUM's or plus 1 whoring...

I'm still not particularly fond of them, but I can't deny they've stuck by their words, despite a couple of false starts and some mistakes.

This has to be the biggest B.S known to man... nowhere on this site,Well since I have been here have you ever given the impression that you do anything other than worship the ground that J.W.Henry walk on

Friend once said to me that it you are try to explain something to someone and they don't understand then you stop, you don't carry on, unless you enjoy arguments... Guess my problem is that I seem to enjoy arguments a bit to much... Time for me to knock this one on the head...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25181: Jan 01, 2019 01:35:30 pm
      Came back here to say that in future I would avoid this thread, just as I am avoiding the Rafa Thread. I find it is argument for argument sake, and a lot of people are bored of it, especially of me and you going at it... Sorry people

Saw this and had to comment. then leave it here

I am right about you though... If you could back up what you claim you would be only too happy to do so, so you could lord it over everyone who's opinion you deem inferior to yours, and when all else fails its insults and accusation of being WUM's or plus 1 whoring...

This has to be the biggest B.S known to man... nowhere on this site,Well since I have been here have you ever given the impression that you do anything other than worship the ground that J.W.Henry walk on

Friend once said to me that it you are try to explain something to someone and they don't understand then you stop, you don't carry on, unless you enjoy arguments... Guess my problem is that I seem to enjoy arguments a bit to much... Time for me to knock this one on the head...

oh have a day off soft lad.

Fact is, I can't be arsed going through the accounts just to please you.

Find them online and look for yourself.
      It'll take you less time to find them than it does to make these posts trying to troll me.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25182: Jan 01, 2019 01:55:51 pm
      The accounts will be the proof

And why would they get a wage ? They own the club but the work is done by others

They may well get a wage from FSG

Accounts recorded by a company whose practices were described as "questionable" by a parliamentary select committee.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #25183: Jan 01, 2019 02:03:14 pm
      Accounts recorded by a company whose practices were described as "questionable" by a parliamentary select committee.

And ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #25184: Jan 01, 2019 02:31:20 pm
      They have seen the value rise to over £2billion you wont see that on the accounts not until the club is sold which is the point some of us make its not about today or tomorrow its about when they pull out and take their vast profit with them and the new owners could and probably will heap a massive debt on to the club. They saw us as s way to make big money by making a steal of buying a world renowned Iconic club. They were lucky to get away with that then the sale of Suarez and Couthino over £200mil plus a massive hike in TV money coming in . The consensus is the value of the club will continue to rise especially if we start winning trophies and the skill is in selling at the height of our Valuation and that apparently could be as much as £2.5Billion

Quick Reply