Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2769589 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25967: Sep 09, 2020 12:40:24 pm
      Restaurant Owner hiring a great Chef is I think a good analogy. Both parties needed .

Owners interests are aligned with success. Which owner wants his or her business to fail having paid millions to acquire it?

The owner was unfamiliar with the business, took a risk to come into the industry and had to learn from scratch. As with any business owner, you pay through your learning curve. The difference between a success and a failure as an owner, is the ability to learn from mistakes.

Mistakes made will forever remain mistakes made. Those with agenda will forever harp on it. It’s not how one starts. It’s how one ends. The owners initially came in with only money. Not even knowledge of the game. One has to only look at how far they’ve driven this ship to.

Good managers (the management team, not Klopp here) admit mistakes and learn fast and they hire the right people for the job. They drove the business. Without them there’s no Klopp.

Ruth didn’t point a gun at Werner or Henry to ask them to appoint Klopp. I’m sure they’re smart enough to implement a fair and stringent screening process for the appointment. It shows how fast they’ve learnt since appointing an owl.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25968: Sep 09, 2020 12:52:07 pm
      Owners interests are aligned with success. Which owner wants his or her business to fail having paid millions to acquire it?

The owner was unfamiliar with the business, took a risk to come into the industry and had to learn from scratch. As with any business owner, you pay through your learning curve. The difference between a success and a failure as an owner, is the ability to learn from mistakes.

Mistakes made will forever remain mistakes made. Those with agenda will forever harp on it. It’s not how one starts. It’s how one ends. The owners initially came in with only money. Not even knowledge of the game. One has to only look at how far they’ve driven this ship to.

Good managers (the management team, not Klopp here) admit mistakes and learn fast and they hire the right people for the job. They drove the business. Without them there’s no Klopp.

Ruth didn’t point a gun at Werner or Henry to ask them to appoint Klopp. I’m sure they’re smart enough to implement a fair and stringent screening process for the appointment. It shows how fast they’ve learnt since appointing an owl.

Wicked spot on post.

But wasn't Roy an H&G hire?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25969: Sep 09, 2020 12:58:44 pm
      Wicked spot on post.

He was. Well I think it was actually Martin Broughton who hired him. God knows who we would have ended up with if it was down to Hicks & Gillet to do the hiring
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #25970: Sep 09, 2020 01:05:22 pm
      Wicked spot on post.

Ok then let’s cite the Mario signing and the ticket prices. They really learn fast.

They thought they got a £40m player for £16m. That’s real value and big discount on paper. They learn and sanctioned Ali and VVD. Job done. Nothing more to say.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25971: Sep 09, 2020 01:08:00 pm
      Wicked spot on post.

No they inherited him but gave him the benefit of the doubt a bit too long for most peoples liking.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25972: Sep 09, 2020 01:09:04 pm
      He was. Well I think it was actually Martin Broughton who hired him. God knows who we would have ended up with if it was down to Hicks & Gillet to do the hiring

I think it was Purslow.

But only because I want an excuse to rant about that cuban heeled midget narcissistic c**t.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25973: Sep 09, 2020 01:18:53 pm
      I think it was Purslow.

But only because I want an excuse to rant about that cuban heeled midget narcissistic c**t.

Ah, think you're right. Always get those two mixed up!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25974: Sep 09, 2020 01:26:43 pm
      Ah, think you're right. Always get those two mixed up!

Broughton did his job.

Purslow tried to play football manager, then jumped ship at the last second and pretended he was against H&G all along.

I think Purslow is at Villa now.
      I hope for their sake he's calmed down and changed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25975: Sep 09, 2020 01:32:04 pm
      No they inherited him but gave him the benefit of the doubt a bit too long for most peoples liking.

erm I'm not sure about that, FSG officially took over the club 15th October 2010 and fired Hodgson on 8th January 2011, is 3 months really too long??
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #25976: Sep 09, 2020 01:41:45 pm
      erm I'm not sure about that, FSG officially took over the club 15th October 2010 and fired Hodgson on 8th January 2011, is 3 months really too long??

3 minutes was too long for that face rubbing c**t.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25977: Sep 09, 2020 01:50:17 pm

The mask of "the nicest bloke in football" didn't take long to slip either.

Proper c**t that fella.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #25978: Sep 09, 2020 01:51:39 pm

Haha. Nice one. Yes from the Kop’s perspective.

I think three months is just about right. You assume the business and know nothing about the game, the best players and managers here, you’ll surely need time to settle in, go around the organisation and understand how all the moving parts work. The key was they didn’t delay sacking the owl longer.

After that, we did progress, appointed Brendan, grew the stand etc. and here we are. No doubt about their efforts.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25979: Sep 09, 2020 02:47:28 pm

3 minutes was too long for that inept face rubbing dipstick!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #25980: Sep 09, 2020 04:16:35 pm

His missus!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #25981: Sep 09, 2020 04:18:53 pm
      I hope for their sake he's calmed down and changed.

Nah he still looks a cock!

When Villa have had enough, we should loan them the banner :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #25982: Sep 09, 2020 04:21:58 pm
      I think it was Purslow.

Haha the communications fella Tyyrell who called the majority protesting over G & H the Khmer Rouge.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25983: Sep 09, 2020 05:08:57 pm
      Again, I think you're making up an alternate reality here because we've never languished in the lower half of the table under FSG's stewardship. Pre-Klopp, our finishes were (I think) 6th - 8th - 7th - 2nd & 6th.

I've no doubt there were comments of discontent about the ownership online (there's still plenty now), but there certainly weren't any notable protests pre-Klopp (apart from those centered around ticketing). If you could find me a shred of evidence to the contrary I'll hold my hands up

6,7,8 not mid-table??
      It’s as near mid-table as I ever want this club to be.
      As somebody once said “Second Is Nowhere”.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25984: Sep 09, 2020 05:18:40 pm
      6,7,8 not mid-table??
      It’s as near mid-table as I ever want this club to be.
      As somebody once said “Second Is Nowhere”.

You never said mid-table though - your words were "languishing in the lower half of the table".

You've also provided 0 evidence of these weekly protests. So on that note, I'm out

PS: The Shankly quote is wrong too  ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25985: Sep 09, 2020 06:05:52 pm
      Were suposed to be a club who bring young tallent through and not buy ageing superstars the why on earth would you sell Brewster. Were a club who are run by skinflints.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #25986: Sep 09, 2020 07:34:37 pm
      Were suposed to be a club who bring young tallent through and not buy ageing superstars the why on earth would you sell Brewster. Were a club who are run by skinflints.

Maybe because he isn’t the type of player that Klopps sees fitting into the system ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25987: Sep 09, 2020 08:21:02 pm
      Ok then let’s cite the Mario signing and the ticket prices. They really learn fast.

They thought they got a £40m player for £16m. That’s real value and big discount on paper. They learn and sanctioned Ali and VVD. Job done. Nothing more to say.

OH no doubt there was a learning curve. AS I said, wicked spot on post.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25988: Sep 09, 2020 08:43:27 pm
      Maybe because he isn’t the type of player that Klopps sees fitting into the system ?

Still to early to be thinking about selling him from what I've seen.  Think he deserves to be a bench player in the new season and see if he comes on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25989: Sep 10, 2020 07:16:18 am
      You never said mid-table though - your words were "languishing in the lower half of the table".

You've also provided 0 evidence of these weekly protests. So on that note, I'm out

PS: The Shankly quote is wrong too  ;D

PS never mentioned Shankly.
      PPS The league positioning is irrelevant, the point is the club were never title contenders pre-Klopp.

Quick Reply