Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795198 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27600: Apr 22, 2021 07:38:48 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      Did we not finish that season in our worst position for over 10 years maybe longer ? Yep we won the league cup which was great but the league was shocking.

Was it not the right choice to move forward  - I think the mistake was giving him the job after he filled when Hodgson left but that time they probably imo were swayed by the fans love and support for Kenny. I believe Kenny also had the same belief

They have "Sacked Kenny Dalglish" on their cv. For a Liverpool board, the very idea is unpalatable in itself. We know why the league ended up as it did. Gerrard was out for the first half of the season. Lucas was out for the second half. Suarez had to take a break in the middle. They were all here the following season, while Kenny took the blame for everything. After that, I knew they didn't understand the club.

Until Jürgen arrived, we were usually finishing in the UEFA Cup spots. Even with him in charge, that's where we are atm. There was a 7 year gap between winning the League Cup and our next trophy. All under their watch.

The next few weeks on the field are going to be painful. Aside from hoping to finish above West Ham, taking points off the mancs will probably mean handing our crown over, or hoping Chelsea lose to City which will probably mean handing our crown over. That's what our season has turned into.

What will they do over the summer to change it? They would be far better preparing to spend money on new players, than preparing to waste it on legal fines over a Super League that was never going to happen in the first place. It was physically impossible to play without UEFA approval, and if they weren't aware of that fact beforehand, they should have been.

He accepted all the responsibility for the events during the week. In that case, he should resign from his position. As a club, we haven't had a lower public image since 1985. That took years to patch up. Our players are being confronted in their dressing room, outside stadiums, our name is being dragged through the mud, and it's all because of him. That isn't going to stop because he's released a video. Assuming they won't sell up, I'm sure the group can find a more responsible man to help us rebuild our image again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #27601: Apr 22, 2021 07:44:47 pm
      They have "Sacked Kenny Dalglish" on their cv. For a Liverpool board, the very idea is unpalatable in itself. We know why the league ended up as it did. Gerrard was out for the first half of the season. Lucas was out for the second half. Suarez had to take a break in the middle. They were all here the following season, while Kenny took the blame for everything. After that, I knew they didn't understand the club.

Until Jürgen arrived, we were usually finishing in the UEFA Cup spots. Even with him in charge, that's where we are atm. There was a 7 year gap between winning the League Cup and our next trophy. All under their watch.

The next few weeks on the field are going to be painful. Aside from hoping to finish above West Ham, taking points off the mancs will probably mean handing our crown over, or hoping Chelsea lose to City which will probably mean handing our crown over. That's what our season has turned into.

What will they do over the summer to change it? They would be far better preparing to spend money on new players, than preparing to waste it on legal fines over a Super League that was never going to happen in the first place. It was physically impossible to play without UEFA approval, and if they weren't aware of that fact beforehand, they should have been.

He accepted all the responsibility for the events during the week. In that case, he should resign from his position. As a club, we haven't had a lower public image since 1985. That took years to patch up. Our players are being confronted in their dressing room, outside stadiums, our name is being dragged through the mud, and it's all because of him. That isn't going to stop because he's released a video. Assuming they won't sell up, I'm sure the group can find a more responsible man to help us rebuild our image again.

How can you resign from being the owner 🤷‍♂️

Kenny going was the right thing , it was pure sentimental that he was given the job , he wasn’t the right person to be manager and even he knew that.

I’m not sure what legal fees you are talking about

I’m also unaware of anyone being confronted in the dressing room ?

A lot has changed since 1985 - whilst locally the image won’t be great - worldwide it won’t have bothered many. The business of football has hugely changed and in many places it will be forgotten soon enough and many will go back to crying about what players they haven’t bought
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27602: Apr 22, 2021 07:49:08 pm

How can you resign from being the owner 🤷‍♂️

Kenny going was the right thing , it was pure sentimental that he was given the job , he wasn’t the right person to be manager and even he knew that.

I’m not sure what legal fees you are talking about

I’m also unaware of anyone being confronted in the dressing room ?

A lot has changed since 1985 - whilst locally the image won’t be great - worldwide it won’t have bothered many. The business of football has hugely changed and in many places it will be forgotten soon enough and many will go back to crying about what players they haven’t bought

Who gave him the job?

Can we add that to their list of F**k ups (if your opinion if they were wrong to do so) and if so that yet another F**k up for them
      Hiring the legend (you say mistake )
      Firing the legend

Can’t have it both ways pal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #27603: Apr 22, 2021 07:51:45 pm
      Who gave him the job?

Can we add that to their list of f**k ups (if your opinion if they were wrong to do so) and if so that yet another f**k up for them
      Hiring the legend (you say mistake )
      Firing the legend

Can’t have it both ways pal

Yes they were wrong to give him the job permanently as they got swept up in the fans affection towards him - but I’m not going to crucify them for it because he still provided some great moments. But imagine owners of a football club giving the job to the wrong person - remember when we did that in 91 🙄
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27604: Apr 22, 2021 07:53:47 pm

Yes they were wrong to give him the job permanently as they got swept up in the fans affection towards him - but I’m not going to crucify them for it because he still provided some great moments. But imagine owners of a football club giving the job to the wrong person - remember when we did that in 91 🙄

Hind site  is a wonderful thing

Genuinely at the time Souey looked the obvious choice, let’s not pretend he didn’t now just for an agenda
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #27605: Apr 22, 2021 07:56:44 pm
      Hind site  is a wonderful thing

Genuinely at the time Souey looked the obvious choice, let’s not pretend he didn’t now just for an agenda

He was the wrong choice as manager - simple as that , but it happens to all owners
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27606: Apr 22, 2021 07:59:36 pm
      He was the wrong choice as manager - simple as that , but it happens to all owners

What Suey at the time? Nah, returning hero, bootroom traditions upheld, success with Rangers

Of course it went wrong but f**king hell anyone could but don’t tell me that anyone at the time thought it was wrong because they didn’t

As I said hindsite because it didn’t work is a completely different thing and I think you’re intelligent enough to know that
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #27607: Apr 22, 2021 08:03:58 pm
      What Suey at the time? Nah, returning hero, bootroom traditions upheld, success with Rangers

Of course it went wrong but f**king hell anyone could but don’t tell me that anyone at the time thought it was wrong because they didn’t

As I said hindsite because it didn’t work is a completely different thing and I think you’re intelligent enough to know that

So you ok to excuse previous owners when they get things wrong - so when they hire and fire a legend it’s ok because we don’t have the benefit of hindsight but when FSG get it wrong when they hire and fire a legend it’s another F**k up to add to their list - ok got it 👍
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27608: Apr 22, 2021 08:11:21 pm
      So you ok to excuse previous owners when they get things wrong - so when they hire and fire a legend it’s ok because we don’t have the benefit of hindsight but when FSG get it wrong when they hire and fire a legend it’s another f**k up to add to their list - ok got it 👍

Haha

Again you don’t get it do you

You said it was an error for FSG to hire Kenny
      I didn’t

You said it

Then you changed it and said hiring Souey was a mistake and everyone makes them

I was just asking if you think that hiring Kenny was a mistake that could we add it to their list of mistakes

I’m not saying either hirings were a mistake you did

As I said you can’t have it both ways pal
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #27609: Apr 22, 2021 08:24:37 pm

And a lot of people speak of punishment, but based on what? The intention to form a separate competition? Is there any legal basis to actually punish those clubs? All they did, as far as I know, was sign a memorandum of understanding. If they actually went through with plans and started playing on what essentially would be a pirate league without sanction from UEFA/FIFA, then yeah, punish the hell out of them. They didn't though, so I think any opportunities for punishment, if they exist at all, must be limited.

That Gary Neville talk of deducting points, relegating clubs etc is pure sensationalism - the Premier League couldn't possibly do that without facing legal action. The clubs would end up making money off of this in the end.

I’m not sure that’s the case.

As I understand it FIFA, UEFA, FA and PL Rules contain intertwining provisions which form a clear legal basis for disciplinary action where a club attempts to break those Rules, and I don’t think there’s any doubt at all that the ESL was such an attempt. It wasn’t simply a speculative discussion but a formal agreement to establish a new competition.

Whether the 12 clubs are in fact sanctioned is another question of course and my suspicion is that the backlash it has generated — together with efforts to remove exec’s from key positions — might be seen as ‘enough’ by the powers that be, and something from which they will want to move on from, particularly as the players, managers and supporters are not to blame.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #27610: Apr 22, 2021 08:24:55 pm
      Far from over. With 14 clubs calling for more resignations from the top 6 it's only just begun.

To what end Keith, is it the blame game for innocent managers and players, or is it directed at the 'greedy' owners.  Whatever so called punishment from whatever cowboy court is gonna affect both, altho' some had FA to do with this, sounds like another Fkin Sky witch hunt
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27611: Apr 22, 2021 08:36:30 pm
      I’m not sure that’s the case.

As I understand it FIFA, UEFA, FA and PL Rules contain intertwining provisions which form a clear legal basis for disciplinary action where a club attempts to break those Rules, and I don’t think there’s any doubt at all that the ESL was such an attempt. It wasn’t simply a speculative discussion but a formal agreement to establish a new competition.

Whether the 12 clubs are in fact sanctioned is another question of course and my suspicion is that the backlash it has generated — together with efforts to remove exec’s from key positions — might be seen as ‘enough’ by the powers that be, and something from which they will want to move on from, particularly as the players, managers and supporters are not to blame.

How can they relegate 6 teams. And if they go ahead and relegate them then why kick up a fuss about them forming the ESL in the first place.

6 owners or whoever negotiated these deals get the bullet. In fact they can sack everyone if they want from the board once Michael keeps his job, hes vital.

Outside of sacking those I mention anything else punishes innocent people
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #27612: Apr 22, 2021 08:36:42 pm
      Haha

Again you don’t get it do you

You said it was an error for FSG to hire Kenny
      I didn’t

You said it

Then you changed it and said hiring Souey was a mistake and everyone makes them

I was just asking if you think that hiring Kenny was a mistake that could we add it to their list of mistakes

I’m not saying either hirings were a mistake you did

As I said you can’t have it both ways pal

Blimey you are relentless

Simple for you

Owners make mistakes sometimes when they hire managers current ones and previous ones - fact of footbal
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27613: Apr 22, 2021 08:41:53 pm

Blimey you are relentless

Simple for you

Owners make mistakes sometimes when they hire managers current ones and previous ones - fact of footbal

Yes but either deliberately or you’re slightly thick ( I don’t think it’s the later by the way ) you seem to not realise the difference between your blind ( or otherwise ) defence of FSG and the rest

Just don’t make it so obvious buddy 😂

How can they relegate 6 teams. And if they go ahead and relegate them then why kick up a fuss about them forming the ESL in the first place.

6 owners or whoever negotiated these deals get the bullet. In fact they can sack everyone if they want from the board once Michael keeps his job, hes vital.

They can’t, it’s all bluster
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #27614: Apr 22, 2021 08:50:12 pm
      Some people just like the sound of their own voice 😴
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27615: Apr 22, 2021 08:59:19 pm
      To what end Keith, is it the blame game for innocent managers and players, or is it directed at the 'greedy' owners.  Whatever so called punishment from whatever cowboy court is gonna affect both, altho' some had FA to do with this, sounds like another Fkin Sky witch hunt

Hell no not both. I don't think the managers-players-fans will suffer and nor should they. As most of us will agree the blame is only on them that knew what was going on behind closed doors. It's a waiting game now till they decided what's best.

They only two owners that I think pretty safe ( not saying it's right ) are Abramovich & Mansour bin zayed al nahyan. The other four will hopefully be shitting themselves because fans will do their best vocally to get them out. Won't be easy but from a fan base the majority will say their all in a untenable postion.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #27616: Apr 22, 2021 09:00:04 pm

Don’t see any of the 6 teams being relegated or even docked points as a result of this. That would punish the fans, players and managers who were not responsible for this fiasco.

They’ll just chuck out a few PL club exec’s from management roles within the PL. The biggest punishment is the PR disaster that this has been for the clubs involved. Completely avoidable, foreseeable and therefore inexcusable. 

We could have used this as an opportunity to stand apart from those involved by rejecting the ESL in the interests of football. That would have been a huge PR coup for the club and something we could have taken comfort from but instead we found ourselves in amongst it all, scheming behind the backs of everyone else.

By ‘we’ what I really mean is the owners of course and so this has created yet another burden they have placed on the ordinary fan who has to live with the association between them and our club.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #27617: Apr 22, 2021 09:20:15 pm
      Hell no not both. I don't think the managers-players-fans will suffer and nor should they. As most of us will agree the blame is only on them that knew what was going on behind closed doors. It's a waiting game now till they decided what's best.

They only two owners that I think pretty safe ( not saying it's right ) are Abramovich & Mansour bin zayed al nahyan. The other four will hopefully be shitting themselves because fans will do their best vocally to get them out. Won't be easy but from a fan base the majority will say their all in a untenable postion.

Come on now, really. So some fans showing up at the United training ground in protest are going to make the Glazers sell?

There is nothing the fans can legally do to get them out. Owners will sell when they want, not when fans want them to. Heck, they don't even have to show up to the stadium unlike coaches/players/operations.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27618: Apr 22, 2021 09:26:10 pm
      Come on now, really. So some fans showing up at the United training ground in protest are going to make the Glazers sell?

There is nothing the fans can legally do to get them out. Owners will sell when they want, not when fans want them to. Heck, they don't even have to show up to the stadium unlike coaches/players/operations.

I think that’s where you view it as a business as opposed to fans who have dedicated their lives to it that treat as as far more

Of course they will only sell when they want but don’t down play what it means to us who pay like me nearly 2 grand a year in season tickets and hundreds more that my kids want through the club

That’s where the arguments fall down for me, I’d rather side with the man who pays through the gate than the man who owns the club
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27619: Apr 22, 2021 09:26:17 pm

Obviously, that's why I said vocally. Fans across the board don't give up easily no matter how hard it is.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #27620: Apr 22, 2021 09:34:27 pm
      I think that’s where you view it as a business as opposed to fans who have dedicated their lives to it that treat as as far more

Of course they will only sell when they want but don’t down play what it means to us who pay like me nearly 2 grand a year in season tickets and hundreds more that my kids want through the club

That’s where the arguments fall down for me, I’d rather side with the man who pays through the gate than the man who owns the club

I am viewing it as a business in this case because that is what football teams are to their owners, a business / investment.

Henry can go years without setting face in Liverpool if he wants, and while right now everyone is puffing their chest sitting on their high horse about their greed, the fans will pack Anfield as soon as they are allowed to.

Big difference between getting owners to forego the planned ticket price increase and another to make them sell.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27621: Apr 22, 2021 09:38:57 pm
      I am viewing it as a business in this case because that is what football teams are to their owners, a business / investment.

Henry can go years without setting face in Liverpool if he wants, and while right now everyone is puffing their chest sitting on their high horse about their greed, the fans will pack Anfield as soon as they are allowed to.

Big difference between getting owners to forego the planned ticket price increase and another to make them sell.

Yes but if you’re a fan you should fundamentally think of it from that aspect

Fans are pissed off with them, rightly f**king so.. do we really expect them to sell? Of course not.. but do we expect them to treat our club and us with the respect and the values we uphold ... absolutely f**king so

And if you’re a fan I’d expect you to think the same way

Fans shouldn’t think of this as a business, as they trot out regularly

It means more
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #27622: Apr 22, 2021 09:42:08 pm

Yes but if you’re a fan you should fundamentally think of it from that aspect

Fans are pissed off with them, rightly f**king so.. do we really expect them to sell? Of course not.. but do we expect them to treat our club and us with the respect and the values we uphold ... absolutely f**king so

And if you’re a fan I’d expect you to think the same way

Fans shouldn’t think of this as a business, as they trot out regularly

It means more

My response was to Keith's post who said owners should be getting shaky at the knees because the fans will do their best to vocally get them out when they simply can't. No idea why you are taking this into anything else.

Quick Reply