Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2781310 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27623: Apr 22, 2021 09:48:35 pm
      I am viewing it as a business in this case because that is what football teams are to their owners, a business / investment.

Henry can go years without setting face in Liverpool if he wants, and while right now everyone is puffing their chest sitting on their high horse about their greed, the fans will pack Anfield as soon as they are allowed to.

Big difference between getting owners to forego the planned ticket price increase and another to make them sell.

If your viewing from a business point of view your basically batting for the other side. It's called us and them. So I'm fan base, F**k them, F**k their motives, F**k their greed, F**k their pockets. My views no matter how ignorant that may sound will always side on the fans.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #27624: Apr 22, 2021 09:52:26 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27625: Apr 22, 2021 09:54:07 pm
      My response was to Keith's post who said owners should be getting shaky at the knees because the fans will do their best to vocally get them out when they simply can't. No idea why you are taking this into anything else.

Not for a second saying they can CT but that won't stop us from trying. Them! Will do what they always do and try have us over, they have a art for it, it's what they do best.

Our opinions differ bit like the conservatives & Labour, obviously I'm the latter.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #27626: Apr 22, 2021 09:59:20 pm
      Hell no not both. I don't think the managers-players-fans will suffer and nor should they. As most of us will agree the blame is only on them that knew what was going on behind closed doors. It's a waiting game now till they decided what's best.

They only two owners that I think pretty safe ( not saying it's right ) are Abramovich & Mansour bin zayed al nahyan. The other four will hopefully be shitting themselves because fans will do their best vocally to get them out. Won't be easy but from a fan base the majority will say their all in a untenable postion.

Fair comment, but do you think that will happen,they will simply pass it on, ie change names.  Bad season for us, but this has taken it to another level from the peeps that make the most out of this. Think about it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27627: Apr 22, 2021 10:04:56 pm
      Fair comment, but do you think that will happen,they will simply pass it on, ie change names.  Bad season for us, but this has taken it to another level from the peeps that make the most out of this. Think about it

I honestly don't know but like I said won't stop fans from trying. You  rightly say this has gone to another level, because of this I would never underestimate fans. Trying to think positive even though it's not easy.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #27628: Apr 22, 2021 10:19:22 pm
      I honestly don't know but like I said won't stop fans from trying. You  rightly say this has gone to another level, because of this I would never underestimate fans. Trying to think positive even though it's not easy.

Thank you, we can only see what comes to pass, I'm not hopefull tho'
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #27629: Apr 22, 2021 10:33:24 pm

They only two owners that I think pretty safe ( not saying it's right ) are Abramovich & Mansour bin zayed al nahyan. The other four will hopefully be shitting themselves because fans will do their best vocally to get them out. Won't be easy but from a fan base the majority will say their all in a untenable postion.

I expect Arsenal will be sold soon but can't see it happening to any of the others for the foreseeable.

We're into completely uncharted territory in terms of these clubs changing hands. I think the Glazers buying United for £800m is the most a club has ever gone for. Now these top teams will be a few billion and that severely limits who can buy them. On top of that you need ones that actually want to buy a football club and even after that you'd like ones that are better than the lot currently in charge.

A lot of things are going to have to come together perfectly for FSG or the Glazers to sell up.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #27630: Apr 22, 2021 10:38:34 pm
      This incident will not cause the owners to sell. It will cause them to look like f*cking idiots.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #27631: Apr 22, 2021 10:53:36 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas

How can you resign from being the owner 🤷‍♂️

Kenny going was the right thing , it was pure sentimental that he was given the job , he wasn’t the right person to be manager and even he knew that.

I’m not sure what legal fees you are talking about

I’m also unaware of anyone being confronted in the dressing room ?

A lot has changed since 1985 - whilst locally the image won’t be great - worldwide it won’t have bothered many.

Our players were targeted by anti-SL propaganda in the dressing room, and more of it during the warm up, and in one of the Stands. They are the wrong people to go after.

By withdrawing from the SL, the club is pulling out of a legally binding agreement. That comes with penalty clauses. There are a lot of bridges to be rebuilt with the league, the FA, UEFA, and the media. That's going to take a long time, years possibly.

If Kenny wasn't the right person to be appointed, he shouldn't have been given the job in the first place. Now I didn't want him to get the job at the time, because I wanted him to be remembered for what he won in his first spell, rather than remembered for Luis Suarez, losing to Blackpool etc. Now he's sadly remembered as being the wrong man for the job, which is exactly what I didn't want. It took 7 years to win another trophy, and a lot more pain to put up with.

The group own the club, he is just a figurehead at the top or aka, the "Principal Owner". If he resigned, the group could install someone else to take up his role the next day.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27632: Apr 23, 2021 12:13:44 am
      As I understand it FIFA, UEFA, FA and PL Rules contain intertwining provisions which form a clear legal basis for disciplinary action where a club attempts to break those Rules, and I don’t think there’s any doubt at all that the ESL was such an attempt. It wasn’t simply a speculative discussion but a formal agreement to establish a new competition.

If you say so I am inclined to believe you, I am genuinely not aware of the details of the regulations. I do know that, for instance, the Premier League has to approve any new competitions that one of their member clubs decide to play on, but I don't know whether that means they have any legal basis to actually punish anyone for just saying they would do so (and then caving to pressure in less than 48 hours).

Even if they do punish the involved clubs, I really doubt that could possibly amount to relegating clubs or whatever sensationalist stuff was coming from Neville that turned out to be so popular on Twitter.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2021 03:22:01 am by Diego LFC »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #27633: Apr 23, 2021 12:15:42 am

A lot of things are going to have to come together perfectly for FSG or the Glazers to sell up.

Other than Henry’s advancing age I don’t see FSG selling Liverpool any time soon. I read somewhere recently they may look to buy another smaller football club and the share of FSG they have been willing to sell is to fund other sports team acquisitions.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27634: Apr 23, 2021 08:28:32 am
      If you say so I am inclined to believe you, I am genuinely not aware of the details of the regulations. I do know that, for instance, the Premier League has to approve any new competitions that one of their member clubs decide to play on, but I don't know whether that means they have any legal basis to actually punish anyone for just saying they would do so (and then caving to pressure in less than 48 hours).

Even if they do punish the involved clubs, I really doubt that could possibly amount to relegating clubs or whatever sensationalist stuff was coming from Neville that turned out to be so popular on Twitter.

All premier league clubs signed contracts to join the PL and agree to all the T&C's,this would also be the case with European competition and now they would have signed for the ESL,so there will be repercussions of a financial nature,a possible ban and possibly points deduction,hopefully they will take the points off of this season points and LFC won't appeal it otherwise it will be suspended and taken from next season,I hope it's 20 points then Leicester will be top of the league instead of pep's cheating City and Arsenal would be fighting relegation.Did anyone see that dickhead Pep complaining about Stones being sent off against Villa,for me it was 2 red cards.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27635: Apr 23, 2021 08:36:36 am
      Other than Henry’s advancing age I don’t see FSG selling Liverpool any time soon. I read somewhere recently they may look to buy another smaller football club and the share of FSG they have been willing to sell is to fund other sports team acquisitions.

You don't want FSG to sell do you?you have been blowing their trumpet for a long time when a majority on here can see them for what they are.They have dragged our great club through the mud twice in a year,once with the furlough and now this,add to that sacking a Liverpool legend,tapping up VVD,buying cheap crap to replace a world class Suarez and the many other so called mistakes they have made.It wouldn't surprise me if the relationship between Jürgen and FSG is now untenable after they have thrown him and the players under the bus,lets see you stick up for these so called owners now and look a bigger cock than you did before.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27636: Apr 23, 2021 08:45:28 am
      All premier league clubs signed contracts to join the PL and agree to all the T&C's,this would also be the case with European competition and now they would have signed for the ESL,so there will be repercussions of a financial nature,a possible ban and possibly points deduction,hopefully they will take the points off of this season points and LFC won't appeal it otherwise it will be suspended and taken from next season,I hope it's 20 points then Leicester will be top of the league instead of pep's cheating City and Arsenal would be fighting relegation.Did anyone see that dickhead Pep complaining about Stones being sent off against Villa,for me it was 2 red cards.

You genuinely  think that these very powerful clubs won’t have had lawyers checking any contracts they currently have? That’s naive

If anything there  may be something in the fact it contravenes something to do European competitions but I’d doubt it but as for the PL it’s all just bluster as none of the clubs said anything about wanting to leave the domestic league

Don’t believe the hype, all it is now is who can come out of it looking the best and be stood on the highest moral hill

There will be no points deductions I am as sure as I can be about that. Believe what you want but all it’s doing is either making you worry about something so unlikely that’s it’s not worth the stress or you just like to make other people worry because that’s something you find funny

The PL won’t impose points deductions, even if they could which I don’t think then why having spent the best part of the week saying football is about fans and then lose that moral high ground by effectively punishing the fans. Especially when the fans of these 6 clubs were so vocal against it
      Makes no sense

It will all be brushed under the carpet soon enough
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #27637: Apr 23, 2021 09:48:00 am

A reasonably good business model by the sound of it.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27638: Apr 23, 2021 09:52:59 am
      You genuinely  think that these very powerful clubs won’t have had lawyers checking any contracts they currently have? That’s naive

If anything there  may be something in the fact it contravenes something to do European competitions but I’d doubt it but as for the PL it’s all just bluster as none of the clubs said anything about wanting to leave the domestic league

Don’t believe the hype, all it is now is who can come out of it looking the best and be stood on the highest moral hill

There will be no points deductions I am as sure as I can be about that. Believe what you want but all it’s doing is either making you worry about something so unlikely that’s it’s not worth the stress or you just like to make other people worry because that’s something you find funny

The PL won’t impose points deductions, even if they could which I don’t think then why having spent the best part of the week saying football is about fans and then lose that moral high ground by effectively punishing the fans. Especially when the fans of these 6 clubs were so vocal against it
      Makes no sense

It will all be brushed under the carpet soon enough

Time will tell.I think your naive if you think nothing will happen,the PL and other organisations won't want this to happen again and will do something to scaremonger these pathetic greedy owners who don't care about the club or the supporters just there back pockets.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #27639: Apr 23, 2021 09:54:59 am
      Time will tell.I think your naive if you think nothing will happen,the PL and other organisations won't want this to happen again and will do something to scaremonger these pathetic greedy owners who don't care about the club or the supporters just there back pockets.

Neither of us know the contracts but I’d doubt genuinely if any contract has been broken with what happened, especially with domestic leagues and if no contracts have been broken they can’t impose any sanctions

Worrying about nothing I think mate
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #27640: Apr 23, 2021 10:03:12 am
      Iv said for years that these owners are still not the worst owners the league and still not the worst owners we have had since the turn of the century.

The problem is if they sell to a rich oil tycoon we become the scouse Chelsea.
      If they sell to a mike Ashley we become a club that will never compete.
      A perfect owner is difficult to find: there are not many of them around.
      In fact; I’m struggling to think of any: certainly at the top clubs.

I’m all for these owners selling up, but if we get another H&G or even worse, well, put it this way, in the last days of H&G I was in disbelief. The club ws sinking.

What we have now are good business who simply don’t understand the product they have bought.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27641: Apr 23, 2021 11:35:59 am
      Iv said for years that these owners are still not the worst owners the league and still not the worst owners we have had since the turn of the century.

The problem is if they sell to a rich oil tycoon we become the scouse Chelsea.
      If they sell to a mike Ashley we become a club that will never compete.
      A perfect owner is difficult to find: there are not many of them around.
      In fact; I’m struggling to think of any: certainly at the top clubs.

I’m all for these owners selling up, but if we get another H&G or even worse, well, put it this way, in the last days of H&G I was in disbelief. The club ws sinking.

What we have now are good business who simply don’t understand the product they have bought.

I agree with this, but I'd just like to add something because of a common misconception.
      The club itself didn't have much debt, it was H&G's holding company that was in major trouble, owed a lot of money and was making huge losses, mostly due to the high interest short term loans they kep rolling over.
      Crunch time came when H&G tried to shift the debt from the Holding Company to the club, Broughton refused, having been appointed by creditors of the holding company to find a buyer, H&G tried to replace him with lackeys who would vote through the debt being put on the club, and failed.

The problem that prospective owners had was sorting out the finances of the holding company, and then the Club finances, which were in a bit of a state by that time, which I understand is why we weren't seen as a particularly attractive deal.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #27642: Apr 23, 2021 11:56:41 am
      Neither of us know the contracts but I’d doubt genuinely if any contract has been broken with what happened, especially with domestic leagues and if no contracts have been broken they can’t impose any sanctions

Worrying about nothing I think mate

Not worried at all,i think we should be docked points and a fine/ban,as the t-shirts said EARN IT which is what we have always done.These owners need to get out of our club now.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #27643: Apr 23, 2021 12:14:17 pm
      I think a 12-24 month ban on voting/attending meetings would be more suitable. Docking points would be unfair on Klopp and the players. Whilst I agree with all the comments and rage against the ESL what have we done to warrant a points docking? We threatened to leave the European set up which was rightly booted in touch by everyone affected.
      Wait until the end of the season, if we don't qualify for CL then ban us from Europe for a season 😎.. no Europa but no CL for City, Utd and Chelsea..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,144 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27644: Apr 23, 2021 12:35:54 pm

Wait until the end of the season, if we don't qualify for CL then ban us from Europe for a season 😎.. no Europa but no CL for City, Utd and Chelsea..

:f_tongueincheek: statement maybe. However, chances are if bans are implemented it will probably be from next year. Wouldn't work this year because All six clubs evolved won't get European football for next season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27645: Apr 23, 2021 01:07:21 pm
      "Fans" wanting to punish themselves for the owners mistake.

That's pretty F***ing funny.

Quick Reply