Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2792914 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29072: Sep 02, 2021 05:11:05 pm
      Cba reading Tomkins but I wouldnt call it a successful summer even in terms of outgoings. It was common knowledge Origi, Phillips, Karius, Minamino had prices put on their heads and all of which are still here.

That failure to sell those players will ultimately have had knock on effects in our ability to buy.

There's something about us that seems a bit stale at the moment and while we will win a lot of football matches still it doesn't feel the same as when we were ready to win major trophies 3 seasons ago.

The nucleus of the side is the same as it was 3 years ago but players are getting older, new ideas and fresh faces are few and far between.

Fans are back and that brings a bounce to the games, yet something just isn't quite right. 

One thing we can all agree on is we cant keep ticking over for the next few seasons without significant investment in the playing squad.

A lot of key players hitting 30 and I've always thought they would gradually introduce year on year new ayers into the team. Its not happened and while there was a time we could have integrated and transitioned gradually over time that window seems to be closing year on year of inactivity. 

I'd say next Summer we have to get a move on or we are going to be losing our entire front 3, manager, best centrre half and an ageing captains on field influence in 1 big summer blow.

Not something Klopp has to worry about if he's not interested in life for us after him (I doubt that), but something we the fans will all suffer with for years to come.

Said straight after we won the league would be difficult after waiting so long players lose just that bit of extra incentive people who have played sport will understand.  I agree something doesn't just seem right can't put my finger on it and although we have the numbers things have changed don't think anything major just little things maybe going on in the background
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3964 
      Reply #29073: Sep 02, 2021 05:16:25 pm
      Who would you have signed this window?

You and several others have made mention of a good many first teamers reaching and passing the age of 30, surely the question of why viable replacement is not in situ should be addressed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29074: Sep 02, 2021 05:17:46 pm
      I'd say next Summer we have to get a move on or we are going to be losing our entire front 3, manager, best centrre half and an ageing captains on field influence in 1 big summer blow.

Though the successful 19xx years we were always good at bringing in new players, not loads at a time, more incrementally, just keeping the engine topped up.
      By not doing that we're just storing problems for ourselves. False economy.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29075: Sep 02, 2021 05:22:13 pm

That just reads like FSG propaganda, and nothing there we haven't discussed in here, so not going to go into his points. He's taken one side of the fence, and good luck to him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29076: Sep 02, 2021 06:07:07 pm
      That just reads like FSG propaganda, and nothing there we haven't discussed in here, so not going to go into his points. He's taken one side of the fence, and good luck to him.

Oh my lord that's a horrible article. Can hardly believe he can remove Henry's piece from his mouth long enough to write it.

One thing I thought was really hilarious:

New players can upset the applecart, disrupt the wage structure, and cause all kinds of issues, if they are not right; and finding the right players is not easy. Liverpool’s transfer success this past decade or so has been due to limiting their own options, to avoid toxic talent; Brendan Rodgers took a gamble on Mario Balotelli, and rather than help, he helped ruin a season. He ruined training. He ruined the atmosphere. He was a good laugh at times, but a pain in the arse more often.

Brendan Rodgers took a gamble on Balotelli? Yea, it's not like he had a choice.....it was add Balotelli or nothing at all so he did what anyone in need of a striker would do and took what was offered.

Damn..that was as sh*t of an article as I've read in a long, long time.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,228 posts | 846 
      Reply #29077: Sep 02, 2021 06:28:47 pm
      I think most sensible LFC fans recognise that the owners are very risk averse, hence the frustration at how a little investment would have all angles covered.

Another forward/attacking midfielder would have covered so many scenarios but instead we go into the season relying on Mane to get back to form, Salah staying fit and Bobby to start scoring again after a two year drought.

I agree to an extent.

But I wouldn't want to panic buy like we did all these years and end up with players like Mark Gonzalez and Riera just for the sake of having players.

Either we sign our first choice or we don't, if it means waiting and being patient then fair enough.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #29078: Sep 02, 2021 07:42:31 pm

Well, we didnt sign anyone, so lets see how things pan out. If we struggle because lack of signings, then owners are at fault. That doesnt bring me any joy, i want us to do well. If we screw up the season, i just want them to learn from the mistake and move on. They arent the worse owners.

That said, the article above is almost trying to sell a lie. How dumb do these journalists think the common people are?
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #29079: Sep 02, 2021 07:50:25 pm

That said, the article above is almost trying to sell a lie. How dumb do these journalists think the common people are?

Given some melted down saying the timing of Hendo’s renewal was to distract from the deadline day tell us some are very dumb.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #29080: Sep 02, 2021 07:52:46 pm
      Given some melted down saying the timing of Hendo’s renewal was to distract from the deadline day tell us some are very dumb.

i didnt see any meltdown, just a post or two :|
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #29081: Sep 02, 2021 08:01:13 pm
      Well, we didnt sign anyone, so lets see how things pan out. If we struggle because lack of signings, then owners are at fault. That doesnt bring me any joy, i want us to do well. If we screw up the season, i just want them to learn from the mistake and move on. They arent the worse owners.

We signed Konate
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #29082: Sep 02, 2021 08:06:16 pm

Are you any way or form employed by the owners, or any third party to post in lfc forums? not trying to be a jerk here, im genuinely curious. Big companies nowdays do pay influencers to post, make videos and so on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #29083: Sep 02, 2021 08:09:36 pm
      Are you any way or form employed by the owners, or any third party to post in lfc forums? not trying to be a jerk here, im genuinely curious. Big companies nowdays do pay influencers to post, make videos and so on.

🤷‍♂️ Eh - you said we didn’t sign anyone , I just highlighted that we did sign one person. And no im not employed by the owners ffs 🤦‍♂️
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #29084: Sep 02, 2021 08:12:39 pm

🤷‍♂️ Eh - you said we didn’t sign anyone , I just highlighted that we did sign one person. And no im not employed by the owners ffs 🤦‍♂️

yeah, you are right. we did sign someone and probably a good signing too. Its just that your posts sometime make me think that you are an employee, because you are active defending and talking about the owners.

Didnt mean to offend, just that you quote my post and i thought il just ask it directly.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #29085: Sep 02, 2021 08:16:06 pm
      yeah, you are right. we did sign someone and probably a good signing too. Its just that your posts sometime make me think that you are an employee, because you are active defending and talking about the owners.

Didnt mean to offend, just that you quote my post and i thought il just ask it directly.

No offence taken at all

I’ll defend anyone associated with the club when I believe they see their actions as doing the right thing for fhe club

But will also be critical and point fingers when anyone associated with the club makes an error or mistake which embaresses the club
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29086: Sep 02, 2021 08:42:00 pm

To at last replace Dejan.

We also sold these guys, plus a couple of others - so moneywise they stayed in character.

Harry Wilson – Fulham – £12m
      Marko Grujic – Porto – £10.5m
      Xherdan Shaqiri – Lyon – £9.5m
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29087: Sep 02, 2021 08:46:11 pm

New players can upset the applecart, disrupt the wage structure, and cause all kinds of issues

You really don't need to read much more than that.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29088: Sep 02, 2021 08:48:56 pm

Only Lovrens replacement that should have been done last year
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29089: Sep 02, 2021 08:52:29 pm

If you think the timing wasn’t deliberate then you are the dumb one.

Do you get tired of defending FSG 24/7?

Is that why you are always so pissy, because you are just worn out jumping from thread to thread trying to tell everyone how great they are? 😂
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #29090: Sep 03, 2021 12:25:42 am
      That was a horrible puff piece from
      Tomkins he used to write some sensible stuff defending Rafa during the H&G reign. He’s gone down the toilet last few years have FSG got him on the payroll?

It’s a laughable article really marred by whataboutism and the bit that had me chuckling was the Origi bit - yes Paul the reason he doesn’t get a run in the side is because he’s not good enough to challenge those in front of him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #29091: Sep 03, 2021 12:30:07 am
      To at last replace Dejan.

We also sold these guys, plus a couple of others - so moneywise they stayed in character.

Harry Wilson – Fulham – £12m
      Marko Grujic – Porto – £10.5m
      Xherdan Shaqiri – Lyon – £9.5m

I think the club have sold/released 19 players & bought in 1 (Konate)..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #29092: Sep 03, 2021 01:00:37 am
      Selling players we don't need to buy players we do.

What a terrible way to run a football club eh?

For those who have said about Konate being bought to replace Lovren. Isn't that exactly what we needed to do? Or am I missing something.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29093: Sep 03, 2021 03:18:13 am
      Selling players we don't need to buy players we do.

What a terrible way to run a football club eh?

For those who have said about Konate being bought to replace Lovren. Isn't that exactly what we needed to do? Or am I missing something.

I think the argument is we needed to do it last summer when you know, we sold Lovren…..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #29094: Sep 03, 2021 07:00:20 am
      I think the argument is we needed to do it last summer when you know, we sold Lovren…..

We waited to get the right man like we always have done.

The manager being the guy he is let Lovren go to allow him to play more football and thought we had enough cover. Circumstances went way beyond the norm on that one as we all know.

Quick Reply