Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2780469 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30199: Jan 12, 2022 10:46:07 am
      Mane
      Firmino
      Gini
      Milner
      Ox
      Fabinho
      Lovren
      Lallana
      Robertson
      Matip
      Gomez

idiot
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #30200: Jan 12, 2022 10:52:29 am

Are you that incapable of taking part in any sort of meaningful debate without insulting people ?

Simple question - was Mo Salah a World star when we bought him
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #30201: Jan 12, 2022 11:02:54 am
      Are you that incapable of taking part in any sort of meaningful debate without insulting people ?

Simple question- was Liverpool FC Premier League Champions when we never bought Salah..?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #30202: Jan 12, 2022 11:25:58 am
      to be the best Bobby needs to score 20 goals plus each season

He really doesn't. This is utter nonsense.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #30203: Jan 12, 2022 11:28:35 am
      Simple question- was Liverpool FC Premier League Champions when we never bought Salah..?

No - but how is that relevant to what was asked ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #30204: Jan 12, 2022 11:32:10 am
      FSG are playing a risky enough game with Salah as whatever they do next has to work if it does mean not giving him the contact he wants.

If they decide the time is right to sell then the two or three players they buy to replace him have to have that potential to be the next Salah, Mane etc etc very quickly.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2022 11:53:02 am by srslfc »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30205: Jan 12, 2022 11:35:15 am
      FSG are playing a risky enough game with Salah as whatever they do next has to work if it does mean not giving him the contact he wants.

If they decide the time is right to sell then the two or three players they buy to replace him have to have that potential to he the next Salah, Mane etc etc very quickly.

I wonder has Mo asked for something other then a wage increase, as in his salary demand is not astronomical but he wants assurances on signings
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #30206: Jan 12, 2022 11:35:55 am
      No - but how is that relevant to what was asked ?

F**k off spin doctor...

I guess they are happy to pay you more than what they are will to pay our leading goal scorer...😂

FSG greatest defence signing...

Asking if Salah was a world star when we bought him but deflects when asked if LFC were PL champions before Salah’s arrival...

Maybe Salah’s arrival & goals won LFC the 19th title..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #30207: Jan 12, 2022 11:36:35 am
      I wonder has Mo asked for something other then a wage increase, as in his salary demand is not astronomical but he wants assurances on signings

Can you ever really give assurances on signings though?

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #30208: Jan 12, 2022 11:40:18 am

I don’t think the demands are financial or needing  assurances on signings..

Maybe Salah is asking for a long term contract & one where he can retire at Liverpool as opposed to being sold off...?

Maybe the chap is settled here, found his spiritual football ground that brings the best out of him and just wants to end it here..
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #30209: Jan 12, 2022 11:43:12 am
      I don't think any of us know the true reasons behind the stalling of Mo signing a new contract, but there must be a sticking point somewhere.
      What I do know is,  if it is down purely to money and Mo is not being greedy in his request and it turns out to be FSG playing a waiting game and we lose him, this place will go into meltdown.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30210: Jan 12, 2022 11:43:53 am

Not on individuals but if he said ill sign once you assure me youll add quality. Im just guessing here
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30211: Jan 12, 2022 11:47:19 am
      I don't think any of us know the true reasons behind the stalling of Mo signing a new contract, but there must be a sticking point somewhere.
      What I do know is,  if it is down purely to money and Mo is not being greedy in his request and it turns out to be FSG playing a waiting game and we lose him, this place will go into meltdown.

And rightly so. We will lose the best player in the world.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #30212: Jan 12, 2022 01:30:07 pm
      F**k off spin doctor...

I guess they are happy to pay you more than what they are will to pay our leading goal scorer...😂

FSG greatest defence signing...

Asking if Salah was a world star when we bought him but deflects when asked if LFC were PL champions before Salah’s arrival...

Maybe Salah’s arrival & goals won LFC the 19th title..

I didn’t deflect - I said no ?

Can you not read ?

Salahs goals did help but not just his goals helped - others that helped have recently signed new contracts as well
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30213: Jan 12, 2022 01:31:56 pm

i dont class you as anything other than a FSG mole. I am being kind using the term idiot .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #30214: Jan 12, 2022 02:24:29 pm

Not contractually obviously. I think it's a valid question from a player of his quality, but if he's looking for assurances then the only people that are going to be able to assure him are Jürgen and the money men, but it's only going to be lip service because at the end of the day, no one is going to put it in writing that they will make new signings, I mean how could you?  Mo is good, but he's not good enough for a team to bow down to a whim like that. That's Lebron level control.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30215: Jan 12, 2022 02:28:19 pm

He also said after the Burnley game that if Gini was here, that Harvey may not have started, which is clear since Gini was a staple in the starting lineup. Young players need opportunities, not obstacles to show their talent and Gini running for the money opened up that opportunity for Harvey.

Not aware he said that. But if a manager thinks an experienced is playing better than a young player, why would they not start 'that' player.

Unless you are saying we should prioritise playing young players ahead of experienced players, even if the manager thinks playing the experienced player gives us a better chance to win games.

This does not mean we should not try to bring young players through. We should. And are. 

But to say we should not invest in new signings to strengthen the squad, because we'd block young players from playing, is ridiculous. And its not something any other team does. If they are good enough, they will get chances, and push through into the team.

This argument is just another smoke screen by FSG-ites trying to justify FSGs lack of recent investment.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30216: Jan 12, 2022 02:31:02 pm
      Young potentially great players can't progress if there is no room for them to progress.

Imagine we signed an experienced RB when Trent was ready for the first team?

This is kind of the point I was trying to make the other day but still don't think I got it across. I agree that everyone likes to see young players come through but I also think many are clouded by the desire for big signings to actually see what needs to be there for that to happen.

So if Jürgen wants to sign a midfielder, who is more experienced than Elliot/Jones, and gives him different options to them, are you saying we should not sign that player because that might block those lads from playing more games?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30217: Jan 12, 2022 02:33:43 pm
      Were just saying there are folk on social media in general that would prefer we bought lots of 100m players rather than see some young local players coming through and playing.

Its a very strange modern agenda by some very weird people.

Don't know anyone on here 'demanding' 100mill signings. Think people are realistic. Even though competitors do this.
      We might, but we'd have to sell a star.

And I absolutely don't know anyone who doesn't want young players coming through.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30218: Jan 12, 2022 02:36:13 pm
      Don't know anyone on here 'demanding' 100mill signings. Think people are realistic. Even though competitors do this.

And I absolutely don't know anyone who doesn't want young players coming through.

It's the fan boys new argument. Noticed this one for about a week now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #30219: Jan 12, 2022 02:38:13 pm
      So if Jürgen wants to sign a midfielder, who is more experienced than Elliot/Jones, and gives him different options to them, are you saying we should not sign that player because that might block those lads from playing more games?

In a word yes.

If we really believe Jones and Elliott are ready then you have to give them enough games to enable that progression.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #30220: Jan 12, 2022 02:41:57 pm
      i dont class you as anything other than a FSG mole. I am being kind using the term idiot .

Think that just about sums you up
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30221: Jan 12, 2022 02:50:37 pm

Ive never mentioned anyone on this forum, I mean in instagram, noseybook and twitterland. ;D

Quick Reply