Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2781045 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30268: Jan 12, 2022 08:18:16 pm
      Aye look at me big bollocks because I go to gamesā€¦ that makes my opinion far more greater than you non going supporters..?

:tosser:

Aye. Itā€™s just a franchise now. Not much different to buying an ODeon 12 month pass. You spend your money get to go and watch something a few times a month and see your heroes from afar.

I stopped spending money on football years ago.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #30269: Jan 12, 2022 10:39:32 pm
      I have no issues with people making judgments about my support if they actually contributed towards the club and didnā€™t just sit typing away on keyboard telling everyone how the club should work - I actually would give it a bit more credence if it was someone sat next to me who had put not just his hard earned up but also his heart and soul into it

This all started when you decided to start to label other supporters based on their opinions and in the past also on their actions.

I can now see why you are happy for loans to be taken out and risks to taken with the club - because if it goes wrong then it doesnā€™t really affect you at the end of the day.

At the end of the day people can think what they like - this is forum where 99% have respect for others opinion , debate sensibly even if the opinions are opposing, there are some very sound supporters on here who have the complete opposite opinion to me but itā€™s respectful as itā€™s come from a place where itā€™s been earned through the hard years as well as the good years , through the pain and the suffering along with the good times.

Maybe when you leave the chair and put something into the club then you can point fingers at others.

You have a good day now as they say over there

The reason LFC is so big is beacuse of all the OOT fans. Alot of liverpool city economy is bad on OOT fans coming to Anfield. There is no doubt that Liverpool wouldnt have been where it is atm, if OOT fans didnt support the club. by either buying merchandises or in some other way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #30270: Jan 12, 2022 10:49:14 pm
      The reason LFC is so big is beacuse of all the OOT fans. Alot of liverpool city economy is bad on OOT fans coming to Anfield. There is no doubt that Liverpool wouldnt have been where it is atm, if OOT fans didnt support the club. by either buying merchandises or in some other way.

the OOT fans only support the club because of its history going back  130 years the EPL did not begin football. The City is world renowned for many things including a four piece Combo band. So LFC will ALWAYS survive with or without OOT fans .
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #30271: Jan 12, 2022 11:20:15 pm
      the OOT fans only support the club because of its history going back  130 years the EPL did not begin football. The City is world renowned for many things including a four piece Combo band. So LFC will ALWAYS survive with or without OOT fans .

It is will survive yeah. No doubt. But do you like having players like mo and vvd? How do you think lfc attract players like these and manage to pay their wages? What about the people who is employed by hotels restaurants and so on and on. They get alot of their business by oot fans. The city itself earns a lot by these fans. So if I was a local, I'd welcomed ootfans with open arms. Saying that oot fans didn't help united or Liverpool become these beasts they are today is ignorant.
      The reason this league is most watched isn't because UK is special, its because they recruited the best players through high wages they can afford. Again by selling TV rights to other countries.
      Whenever I go to Liverpool there is always some ass complaining about oot, but they don't mind the benifits they bring.

I disagree about the history argument too, I was a kid and I wanted to play like owen. They showed Liverpool games on tele for free back then. I didn't found about the history after I became lil bit older. I wanted a Owen shirt when I was 7. There is a kid out there who is looking at Mo now as I used to look Owen. So he will become a fan too. Majority of oot become fan like that.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2022 11:25:35 pm by Billo »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #30272: Jan 12, 2022 11:36:16 pm
      It is will survive yeah. No doubt. But do you like having players like mo and vvd? How do you think lfc attract players like these and manage to pay their wages? What about the people who is employed by hotels restaurants and so on and on. They get alot of their business by oot fans. The city itself earns a lot by these fans. So if I was a local, I'd welcomed ootfans with open arms. Saying that oot fans didn't help united or Liverpool become these beasts they are today is ignorant.
      The reason this league is most watched isn't because UK is special, its because they recruited the best players through high wages they can afford. Again by selling TV rights to other countries.
      Whenever I go to Liverpool there is always some ass complaining about oot, but they don't mind the benifits they bring.

I disagree about the history argument too, I was a kid and I wanted to play like owen. They showed Liverpool games on tele for free back then. I didn't found about the history after I became lil bit older. I wanted a Owen shirt when I was 7. There is a kid out there who is looking at Mo now as I used to look Owen. So he will become a fan too. Majority of oot become fan like that.

ever heard of Billy Liddle Roger Hunt Ian St.John John Toshack Kevin Keegan Kenny Dalglish Ian Rush everyone of these players was adored by the generation that watched them play in front  of  56000 in my day and over 60,000 back in the 1950's  18 league titles before the EPL and 4 European Cups all won and history made.
      Why not follow tranmere or Everton they have no history they would probably suit you more .
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #30273: Jan 12, 2022 11:44:53 pm
      ever heard of Billy Liddle Roger Hunt Ian St.John John Toshack Kevin Keegan Kenny Dalglish Ian Rush everyone of these players was adored by the generation that watched them play in front  of  56000 in my day and over 60,000 back in the 1950's  18 league titles before the EPL and 4 European Cups all won and history made.
      Why not follow tranmere or Everton they have no history they would probably suit you more .

Are we going for oh it's my club because I live here? You do realise even before the Premier league Liverpool sold merchandise in Scandinavia? You know to earn money to pay those wages for the players you mention?
      If it weren't for oot fans, Liverpool would have been Birmingham City or Sheffield Wednesday. Not only that, Liverpool City would have been a lot poorer without us too. These are facts even if you don't like them.
      2+2 =4 even if you like it or not. You can mean whatever you want but when I come to Liverpool to watch Liverpool, majority of locals are pretty nice and welcome us with open arms. There is always one guy on every tour, guess you are that guy Walton and that is sad.

BTW would love to see JD show us origin countries for ip for the board.

Good read, maybe you can put your prejudice aside after you read this.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/10/how-liverpool-fc-approach-the-foreign-vs-local-fans-debate-and-why-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-is-key/

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2022 12:02:08 am by Billo »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #30274: Jan 13, 2022 02:06:48 pm
      Are we going for oh it's my club because I live here? You do realise even before the Premier league Liverpool sold merchandise in Scandinavia? You know to earn money to pay those wages for the players you mention?
      If it weren't for oot fans, Liverpool would have been Birmingham City or Sheffield Wednesday. Not only that, Liverpool City would have been a lot poorer without us too. These are facts even if you don't like them.
      2+2 =4 even if you like it or not. You can mean whatever you want but when I come to Liverpool to watch Liverpool, majority of locals are pretty nice and welcome us with open arms. There is always one guy on every tour, guess you are that guy Walton and that is sad.

BTW would love to see JD show us origin countries for ip for the board.

Good read, maybe you can put your prejudice aside after you read this.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/10/how-liverpool-fc-approach-the-foreign-vs-local-fans-debate-and-why-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-is-key/

Its because idiots like you think football began in 1992 and that we should be grateful you support this club from afar and buy a shirt. Your ignorance is offensive and your knowledge lacking and your understanding of my post shows your prejudice . Long before you were probably born fans came to anfield from all over the world they didnt ask to be put on a pedestal they were just fans I had no idea were you were from and I dont care.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #30275: Jan 13, 2022 03:49:05 pm
      Its because idiots like you think football began in 1992 and that we should be grateful you support this club from afar and buy a shirt. Your ignorance is offensive and your knowledge lacking and your understanding of my post shows your prejudice . Long before you were probably born fans came to anfield from all over the world they didnt ask to be put on a pedestal they were just fans I had no idea were you were from and I dont care.

I could tell you how many times i have been at Anfield, or how much Scandinavian supporters club donate to not only the club but also charities in Liverpool but I am not going to try a convince a grumpy old man to stop disliking people based on where they are from. I think me any you define supporters differently.
      I think more in the line of love if i would tried to define what being supporter is. 

To me personally a local scouse kid, who visits Anfield for the first time with his dad. Watches the atmosphere and falls in love the club is equal to lets say a American kid. who started playing "soccer" and buys a Mo shirt and starts to watch Liverpool on tele and wants to go meet his heroes when LFC visit the states. Or a Nigerian kid who wears a replica shirt, doesnt have tele at home but watches Liverpool at the store and cheers them on.
      To me they all are equal, they all love liverpool and they want the best for the club.

You know what Walton, me and couple of friends are planing to come to Andfield around March to catch a CL game. At the gates i can tell them that Walton from the internet forums says im not a real fan and im not allowed in Anfield. If that makes you happy?

Peace out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3467 
      Reply #30276: Jan 13, 2022 04:15:01 pm
      I could tell you how many times i have been at Anfield, or how much Scandinavian supporters club donate to not only the club but also charities in Liverpool but I am not going to try a convince a grumpy old man to stop disliking people based on where they are from. I think me any you define supporters differently.
      I think more in the line of love if i would tried to define what being supporter is. 

To me personally a local scouse kid, who visits Anfield for the first time with his dad. Watches the atmosphere and falls in love the club is equal to lets say a American kid. who started playing "soccer" and buys a Mo shirt and starts to watch Liverpool on tele and wants to go meet his heroes when LFC visit the states. Or a Nigerian kid who wears a replica shirt, doesnt have tele at home but watches Liverpool at the store and cheers them on.
      To me they all are equal, they all love liverpool and they want the best for the club.

You know what Walton, me and couple of friends are planing to come to Andfield around March to catch a CL game. At the gates i can tell them that Walton from the internet forums says im not a real fan and im not allowed in Anfield. If that makes you happy?

Peace out.

Ignore him mate - seems like a spiteful bitter old man

Just to clarify my point from yesterday - fans from all over the world have given the club huge support and itā€™s not always practical for some to go to games - but there are millions that will add something , I know mates that live in Aus and once a year will fly back for one game - even a league cup game in past

For me there does seem a recent increase in the ā€œsocial mediaā€ fan who donā€™t have a club about the club and expect it to be just like City etc , only interested in transfers and like the fact they can say they are Liverpool fans - these sort appear to think they are the lifeblood of the club and that the club canā€™t do without those fans. They will no doubt be Newcastle fans soon enough
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #30277: Jan 13, 2022 04:28:20 pm
      Seems as though JWH doesnā€™t like sharing the cash & give players the salaries they deserve...

This time.. Baseball

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/1481649514163232784?s=21
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #30278: Jan 13, 2022 04:36:58 pm
      Seems as though JWH doesnā€™t like sharing the cash & give players the salaries they deserve...

This time.. Baseball

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/1481649514163232784?s=21

It's not so simple as that. Baseball has a weird wage and salary cap structure. Personally I'm surprised that they bring in the money they claim to bring in. Baseball popularity is waning and it may soon be overtaken by MLS in popularity in this country. I don't think Henry has anything nefarious in mind here. Some of the contracts in MLB are utterly amazing. But, to each their own, if they can get that sort of money for standing around playing with their balls, good for them I guess. I wouldn't spend a dime to watch them play. Where as Footballers in my opinion are supremely skillful athletes, I place baseball players pretty low on the scale of athletes...probably right above golfers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #30279: Jan 13, 2022 04:53:08 pm
      The directors were paid Ā£2.167M with the highest at Ā£1.3M

This was year end 2020 and the latest account which are there for anyone to find on a quick Google search.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3467 
      Reply #30280: Jan 13, 2022 04:53:54 pm
      The directors were paid Ā£2.167M with the highest at Ā£1.3M

This was year end 2020 and the latest account which are there for anyone to find on a quick Google search.

So the 7 combined were paid less than the average wage in the Prem ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #30281: Jan 13, 2022 04:58:14 pm
      So the 7 combined were paid less than the average wage in the Prem ?

To be honest I'm not sure how many draw a salary from the club as I'm pretty sure JW, Werner and Gordon don't but could be wrong.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,155 posts | 3467 
      Reply #30282: Jan 13, 2022 05:04:55 pm
      To be honest I'm not sure how many draw a salary from the club as I'm pretty sure JW, Werner and Gordon don't but could be wrong.

I would guess that Gordon would being the one who does the day to day running
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #30283: Jan 13, 2022 05:09:39 pm

Isn't Gordon the CEO? He would most certainly. But Henry and Werner are likely paid by FSG, not the club itself.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #30284: Jan 13, 2022 05:12:37 pm
      You guys are likely correct but I thought I read somewhere a while back that those three drew their salary from FSG itself and not LFC.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,270 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #30285: Jan 13, 2022 09:46:58 pm
      There we have it football with no investment F**k off FSG
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #30286: Jan 13, 2022 10:32:04 pm
      If the signing of Minamino worked it wouldn't have been an issue but hes not up to it. He needs moving on, we need a proper player to call upon. A player like Jota where its touch and go whether they should actually be starting..

With Taki it's touch and go whether or not he should be a top level footballer at all.

Playera like that get in the way of the likes of Kaide Gordon. If the plan is for that young lad to become a first team player then sell Taki. We don't need him on the wage bill however little it is we give him. Sell him and give the extra wage to Mo if need be.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #30287: Jan 13, 2022 10:33:59 pm
      There we have it football with no investment F**k off FSG

Trent, Robbo, Bobby, Jota, Henderson, Fabinho on the pitch tonight against ten men and none of them could drag us to a win. Say what you want about FSG but it's not their fault we couldn't beat 10 men tonight
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #30288: Jan 13, 2022 10:35:00 pm
      Trent, Robbo, Bobby, Jota, Henderson, Fabinho on the pitch tonight against ten men and none of them could drag us to a win. Say what you want about FSG but it's not their fault we couldn't beat 10 men tonight

Add the first choice CB partnership as well.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #30289: Jan 13, 2022 10:35:26 pm

There isn't many goals in those lads though is there? The way we set up the goals come from the front 3. Taki Bobby Jota. Only 1 of those scores goals regularly.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #30290: Jan 13, 2022 10:38:21 pm
      There isn't many goals in those lads though is there? The way we set up the goals come from the front 3. Taki Bobby Jota. Only 1 of those scores goals regularly.

2 of them are made of assists, Jota is an out and out goalscorer and Bobby rinses Arsenal nearly every time he plays against them. Those lads should have done much better tonight

Quick Reply