Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2827895 times
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31464: Sep 03, 2022 08:26:58 pm
      It’s amusing that the approach and point he keeps making is one that we all know , it’s something they said would be the way the club works and it’s actually how we used to work until people because fixated on transfers and how much money is spent

Klopp said it himself - we won a league title after not spending much but people still seem to complain about that transfer window- it’s almost as if for some it’s more important to see the club spending millions and mainly the owners own personal money.

Yet our success has come when we spent big on vvd, allison and fabinho
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #31465: Sep 03, 2022 08:29:30 pm
      Yet our success has come when we spent big on vvd, allison and fabinho

Robbo , Matip , Thiago 🤷‍♂️ Even Mane and Mo were cheap relative to other players

It’s not about spending big it’s about getting the right players in regardless of their price tag
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,438 posts | 6429 
      Reply #31466: Sep 03, 2022 08:38:40 pm
      Act soft and someone will give you a dummy!

You would know about acting soft.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31467: Sep 03, 2022 08:40:27 pm
      Puts to bed the view that we somehow have amazing scouts and get deals done swiftly with forward planning, if the fans could see on both occasions what they failed to plan for and require an emergency loan, wtf are they doing being employed by a club like liverpool

I don’t see what you and others see. You scouting has been near perfect over the last couple of years. When you consider you don’t have bottomless pockets like City & Chavs ( and in some cases United also ) Christ over the last 3/4 years you’ve done remarkably well.

One bad window which they were forced to panic buy ( not Klopps fault ) and your throwing in the towel. Christ I’d love to be in your shoes as a fan.

Some of you lot don’t know your born.  :f_doh: You’ve spent within your budget, won the CL - League- Fa Cup in such a short space of time, nearly won a unprecedented quad and your moaning.

F**k sake it’s a hard life.
      « Last Edit: Sep 03, 2022 08:49:40 pm by Keith Singleton »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Reply #31468: Sep 03, 2022 10:35:20 pm
      its called consistency and being a fan of the club not a fan of wealthy business men. The only facts worth knowing is their investment has grown 10X and if that isnt the clubs money to invest who's is it. and dickhead need not respond he is on ignore

I’d say how much their wealth has increased isn’t relevant, the only fact that is relevant is success on the pitch and trophies won.

If anyone expects billionaires to not be out for themselves then they are very very naive.

And surely you can see the distinction between the clubs money and their personal wealth. The clubs money has never left the club and that’s a fact. If you want to argue how it is utilised or if the owners should put their own money in that’s a conversation worth having. These constant lies of how they’ve taken the clubs money add nothing to the conversation.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31469: Sep 03, 2022 10:39:51 pm

It’s not about spending big it’s about getting the right players in regardless of their price tag

Arthur?
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31470: Sep 03, 2022 11:55:41 pm
      I don’t see what you and others see. You scouting has been near perfect over the last couple of years. When you consider you don’t have bottomless pockets like City & Chavs ( and in some cases United also ) Christ over the last 3/4 years you’ve done remarkably well.

One bad window which they were forced to panic buy ( not Klopps fault ) and your throwing in the towel. Christ I’d love to be in your shoes as a fan.

Some of you lot don’t know your born.  :f_doh: You’ve spent within your budget, won the CL - League- Fa Cup in such a short space of time, nearly won a unprecedented quad and your moaning.

Scouting isnt near perfect, we’ve wasted a lot of money as well in ox and keita, furthermore, scouts also identify players in the market that can improve on current players ala henderson and milner who have always been technically limited, so no, its not near perfect

We have done well, am not asking us to spend 200 million every summer but we could have bought the last 4 summers, nearly wc players or huge potential players to push on the first team, we’re not spoilt and am sorry but if the club what me to spend sh*t loads on shirts and merchandise, as a fan i would like to see investment in the squad

For the past 4-5 years we’ve heard how commercially we’re growing and overtaking utd, how masses of fans globally are watching lfc friendlies, yet we have a worse transfer spend to income then we did under moores

Its not one bad window, we’ve had a few - summer 2019, jan 2021, summer 2021, summer 2022, squad is practically the same

One final point, this squad has produced because of the wc performances of individuals such as vvd, salah, mane etc, yet has carried players to an extent to such as ox, keita, henderson, even winjinaldum smetimes, imagine going 3-4 seasons straight and not seeing improvements in the players behind you in midfield, would you feel motivated to go again

Its a football forum, you wanna talk about how life is tough, moan about the cost of living crisis

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31471: Sep 04, 2022 12:12:43 am
      The performance and sqaud you’re seeing now is a result of a lack of refreshing and investment, they may be able to pull form for 3-6 months which may be enough to get top 4 but its kicking the can down the road

Personally, i think the tide is turning mate and more fans are waking up to fsg, slowly slowly

Don't think current form is completely down to lack of refreshing and investment, with guys like TAA, VV, Mo underperforming etc.  But it IS a big factor, this is a squad and a manager who have done so well, but less than they deserve.

Actually think the majority agree, though the number of posts for both sides is probably even, one or two on one of the sides massively skew the stats.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #31472: Sep 04, 2022 12:30:23 am
      We shouldn't have protested the Superleague. It was our way to compete financially with the top dogs.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,537 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31473: Sep 04, 2022 12:40:46 am
      We shouldn't have protested the Superleague. It was our way to compete financially with the top dogs.

Are you serious?
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31474: Sep 04, 2022 01:12:04 am

They still wouldn't have spent the money 😂

Money or no money the Super League can piss right off. Disgusting idea to begin with
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #31475: Sep 04, 2022 04:18:09 am

You can Fck right of with that sh*te ,
      Fans are fcking fleeced enough now , just imagining away games on a Saturday cmon lads quick trip to barca , sh*t idea then and it’s a sh*t idea now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31476: Sep 04, 2022 08:58:40 am
      Scouting isnt near perfect, we’ve wasted a lot of money as well in ox and keita, furthermore, scouts also identify players in the market that can improve on current players ala henderson and milner who have always been technically limited, so no, its not near perfect

Its a football forum, you wanna talk about how life is tough, moan about the cost of living crisis

Hang on hang on!!

I’m talking last few years, how far back do you want to go.  :roll:  :spam:

All though I agree 100% about Ox he joined your club over 5 years ago  :lmao:  You need to read my post again as I said last few years.  :lmao:

Do you have short term memory loss? As much as I hate saying it you’ve had a great 3/4 years with little money you’ve spent  compared with United - City - Chavs.  Have a taste of being a United fan and you’ll know how bad it is.

How old are you? 14.

You forgotten your Quad challenge of 4 months ago? Christ you don’t know your born la. Being a Liverpool fan these last few years must of been great. You have a bad couple of games and your moaning like fcuk about your scouts. Lad you haven’t got a fcuking clue pal.

Ps… Yes it is a football forum, that’s why I’m talking about football Durr  If I wanted to talk about cost of living crises I’d go into the relevant thread. Better get booked in with your doctor, see if he can help with your short term memory loss.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31477: Sep 04, 2022 10:23:18 am

Spot on kieth.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31478: Sep 04, 2022 10:36:23 am
      Hang on hang on!!

I’m talking last few years, how far back do you want to go.  :roll:  :spam:

All though I agree 100% about Ox he joined your club over 5 years ago  :lmao:  You need to read my post again as I said last few years.  :lmao:

Do you have short term memory loss? As much as I hate saying it you’ve had a great 3/4 years with little money you’ve spent  compared with United - City - Chavs.  Have a taste of being a United fan and you’ll know how bad it is.

How old are you? 14.

You forgotten your Quad challenge of 4 months ago? Christ you don’t know your born la. Being a Liverpool fan these last few years must of been great. You have a bad couple of games and your moaning like fcuk about your scouts. Lad you haven’t got a fcuking clue pal.

Ps… Yes it is a football forum, that’s why I’m talking about football Durr  If I wanted to talk about cost of living crises I’d go into the relevant thread. Better get booked in with your doctor, see if he can help with your short term memory loss.

Firstly you shouldnt joke about ‘memory loss’ are you sick or something? Whats wrong with you, i would never wish these calamities to befall my worst enemies, sort you attitude out

Secondly, your a united fan, you’ve had you dominance era, klopp is here for a limited time, i moan cos i want him backed to the full extent whilst hes here and maximise the opportunities he has, utd post fergie only stayed somewhat relevant because of the money they spend, our owners spend sod all, so whats going to happen when klopp leaves, back to the balotteli, borini, allen and lallana days - i also remember them, you dont seem too

Finally, we didnt strengthen last summer, we challeneged for the quad, we came short, imagine a too midfielder if we had signed last summer, do you think they could have made a difference in the cl final - possibly or one of the games that we lost/draw - probably, am not asking for 200 million spend

Seriously your comments are disturbing about memory loss
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,776 posts | 7187 
      Reply #31479: Sep 04, 2022 10:41:15 am
      I’d say how much their wealth has increased isn’t relevant, the only fact that is relevant is success on the pitch and trophies won.

If anyone expects billionaires to not be out for themselves then they are very very naive.

And surely you can see the distinction between the clubs money and their personal wealth. The clubs money has never left the club and that’s a fact. If you want to argue how it is utilised or if the owners should put their own money in that’s a conversation worth having. These constant lies of how they’ve taken the clubs money add nothing to the conversation.

you are the niave one if you think they would still be here if their investment had not risen so dramatically, I bet in private they talk about how they stole the club for ÂŁ300mil. IF you own a home I assume if you sell it you will sell it for the same price you bought it not at todays inflated prices or maybe you will borrow money against it to build an extension and increase its value even more. and dont talk bollox of lies you clearly havent a clue how these people work.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31480: Sep 04, 2022 10:53:59 am
      Firstly you shouldnt joke about ‘memory loss’ are you sick or something? Whats wrong with you, i would never wish these calamities to befall my worst enemies, sort you attitude out

Secondly, your a united fan, you’ve had you dominance era, klopp is here for a limited time, i moan cos i want him backed to the full extent whilst hes here and maximise the opportunities he has, utd post fergie only stayed somewhat relevant because of the money they spend, our owners spend sod all, so whats going to happen when klopp leaves, back to the balotteli, borini, allen and lallana days - i also remember them, you dont seem too

Finally, we didnt strengthen last summer, we challeneged for the quad, we came short, imagine a too midfielder if we had signed last summer, do you think they could have made a difference in the cl final - possibly or one of the games that we lost/draw - probably, am not asking for 200 million spend

Seriously your comments are disturbing about memory loss

If my  :f_tongueincheek: statements gets to you about memory loss your a snowflake.  :f_doh: Who wished anything on you about memory loss. Please tell me if your a snowflake as you’ll go on ignore now and not later. I like to give new members a chance but Christ your already close to that button.

Yes I am a United fan so know how the cycle works but won’t dwell on the passed, so let’s continue on what’s happening now ( if you can remember  : )  You’ve played 6 games and lost 1. Not Liverpool standards at moment but it’s only a month of football and your already spitting dummies.

The fact your owners ( which is true ) spent little money…   :roll: I’m going round in fcuking circles repeating myself here ( or you can’t remember ) for the last time! You’ve won plenty in the last 3/4 years winde your neck in for fcuk sake. Your embarrassing yourself as well as your supporters.

Ps. Please tell me your a snowflake so it can be the end of our short relationship as forumites.  :P

Another PS. Just read your private message threatening me, that will get you banned very quickly should you keep that up, grow up lad.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31481: Sep 04, 2022 11:00:20 am

We know we’ve done well and most of us don’t take it for granted. But most of us also fear it was a missed opportunity and we could have won even more under Jurgens era too.

Jürgen is a one in a billion manager. When he leaves, the model won’t work, and we won’t compete.

Anybody who argues against that are truly kidding themselves.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,776 posts | 7187 
      Reply #31482: Sep 04, 2022 11:02:25 am
      If my  :f_tongueincheek: statements gets to you about memory loss your a snowflake.  :f_doh: Who wished anything on you about memory loss. Please tell me if your a snowflake as you’ll go on ignore now and not later. I like to give new members a chance but Christ your already close to that button.

Yes I am a United fan so know how the cycle works but won’t dwell on the passed, so let’s continue on what’s happening now ( if you can remember  : )  You’ve played 6 games and lost 1. Not Liverpool standards at moment but it’s only a month of football and your already spitting dummies.

The fact your owners ( which is true ) spent little money…   :roll: I’m going round in fcuking circles repeating myself here ( or you can’t remember ) for the last time! You’ve won plenty in the last 3/4 years winde your neck in for fcuk sake. Your embarrassing yourself as well as your supporters.

Ps. Please tell me your a snowflake so it can be the end of our short relationship as forumites.  :P

Another PS. Just read your private message threatening me, that will get you banned very quickly should you keep that up, grow up lad.

the problem is mate we won despite these owners not investing like the other top sides because they won the lottery when JĂźrgen came along. Its hard to believe that people will defend Billionaires given what is going on in the world right now.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31483: Sep 04, 2022 11:05:17 am

Yep, the moral compass of A man who lives playing poker, and yes lets resort to the ‘snowflake’ name calling because joking about memory loss is the right way yeh?

You probably the utd fan that chants about other club tragedies, voted brexit and dosnt have much else going on for life, hence you lack of empathy

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,361 posts | 4971 
      Reply #31484: Sep 04, 2022 11:05:38 am
      you are the niave one if you think they would still be here if their investment had not risen so dramatically,

Probably not but you do realise that their investment has risen by their actions don't you?

How they have ran the club has grown their investment.

Once they sell they will reap the dividends from that and whoever buys us will be challenged to carry that in and grow the club further.

Literally how it works
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31485: Sep 04, 2022 11:06:21 am
      We know we’ve done well and most of us don’t take it for granted. But most of us also fear it was a missed opportunity and we could have won even more under Jurgens era too.

Jürgen is a one in a billion manager. When he leaves, the model won’t work, and we won’t compete.

Anybody who argues against that are truly kidding themselves.

But the conversation isn’t about Klopp leaving, if it was I’d agree with what you’ve just posted. Like Fergie at United there’s no danger if/when Klopp goes you won’t replace him and yeah you’ll have the problems United currently having.  At the time Fergie was No 1 in the world, that title is now with Klopp. I’m sure you’ll enjoy every moment under him as he’s clearly the best at what he’s doing.

If he doesn’t get the backing going forward we both know what will happen but that’s another topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,333 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31486: Sep 04, 2022 11:08:54 am
      the problem is mate we won despite these owners not investing like the other top sides because they won the lottery when JĂźrgen came along. Its hard to believe that people will defend Billionaires given what is going on in the world right now.

That’s correct Walt you’ve won with very little money which is what I’ve been saying, it’s a hell of a achievement in its self.

Quick Reply