Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2779479 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31602: Sep 05, 2022 11:09:58 am
      My last word on debt borrowing - borrow only if the assets yield a decent ROA ā€œreturn on assetsā€. You donā€™t borrow to buy players who will be fully depreciated at the end of their contracts. Rather you borrow to fund a new stand which will generate matchday revenue forever and ever. The additional ticketing revenue can fund the debt in some sense until itā€™s fully repaid and thereafter you earn that extra revenue forever and ever. To borrow to fund a player, thereā€™s not guarantee of more prize money and youā€™ll have to pay his wages. Thereā€™s nothing to repay the loan. Borrowing to buy a Leo Messi sounds nice but it doesnā€™t make financial sense.

It is something I learned from experience as a business owner myself.

I'll finance a property only if that property's yields will cover my monthly interest payments. Other than that I will never risk financial ruin just to please people.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31603: Sep 05, 2022 11:11:36 am
      An average net spend of Ā£14m per transfer season window tells me all I need to know about our fiscally adept owners. Klopp deserves more. Simple.

Sure they are paying wages and expanding the ground. Still, the money they take from Nike and that Redbird investment, let alone winning the league and ECL, a couple of domestic cups, plus ticket sales (whilst not a massive amount, it must pay towards something), plus TV rights, tells me Klopp is being curtailed in his ability to manage us. Imagine for a second what he could do with the money Utd have spent. Imagine what he might have done this transfer window with Ā£260m. Obviously that's an extreme contrast (because Utd have money and the new manager spend phenomena), but even half that would see us in a much better situation.

End of the day, FSG are businessmen first, looking after the business, and footballing men, third (behind business and the Red Sox). They are not football men. They bought us because they saw a massive profit. Good for them, but it sucks for us.

Redbird investment? That FSG selling a part of the overall company not the club - not sure why it keeps getting mentioned ?

Last year the club highlighted the losses due to the lack of fans - Ā£79mil drop just in match day.

The club just spend what they make so if they make a loss then itā€™s going to be balanced at some point, unless the club works at a loss every year 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

It would be lovely to spend the Ā£260mil that Man Utd spent , would it also be lovely for that Ā£260mil to be just added onto the leveraged debt on the club
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #31604: Sep 05, 2022 11:12:38 am
      another f***in FSG knobhead where do you think new onwers will get the Ā£4billion or are FSG giving the club away because thats the kind of people they are honestly just f**k off back under your rock

I'm not an FSG knobhead you imbecile. you are not humble enough to admit you have zero F***ing clue. F**k off with that 4 billion sh*te argument.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31605: Sep 05, 2022 11:22:16 am
      The only difference is the owners strategy - the mancs have owners that see the long term benefits in allowing the manager to aquire top players when needed and provide the funds.

Our owners watch the market value of the club bolstered by the methods of JĆ¼rgen Klopp yet refuse to back the man financially.

Such miserly owners can be found in the bottom half of the Premier league when the genius of Klopp is absent, unfortunately with the injury situation and advancing years of the squad even Klopp's genius cannot withstand the owner's false economies.

The same Mancs that are over Ā£500mil in leveraged debt , same Mancs that take out huge dividends every year into their pocket

Itā€™s amazing how people ignoring how poor they are as owners when they allow the club to use debt to buy players
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,294 posts | 4941 
      Reply #31606: Sep 05, 2022 11:40:10 am
      Imagine holding the basket case that is Manchester United  up as some sort of way to run a successful football club.😂

Do get a good laugh in this thread at times.

I'll stick with proper scouting, long term plan and buying players that actually fit and not just to keep the likes of Gary Neville quite for a month or so

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31607: Sep 05, 2022 11:59:33 am
      Maybe the social media reds who arenā€™t really anything to do with Liverpool and change clubs every few years, yes. The vast majority of Liverpool fans wouldnā€™t want that though.

We have a soul. A history. Weā€™re unique. And we wouldnā€™t want to destroy that.

FSG have done some great things for our club. I donā€™t think anybody can dispute that.

But with the amount of tv money in the game now and our recent success, I find it difficult to believe that there isnā€™t any money to bring in a player or two to help compete where weā€™re short instead of always balancing the books with net spend etc. 

Yep, like United we both have history and in our own way unique and have built our success through development. The likes of City, Chavs and possibly soon to be Newcastle canā€™t say the same thing.

However, even if the vast majority of Liverpool fans ( in your words ) wouldnā€™t want it! I doubt they would refuse it due to time change in football. Iā€™ve got to the stage now even I would except it if we could get back to winning ways.

I said to Pj a while Iā€™d now take oil merchants if it meant bring success back to the club, I agree this is sad but I believe plenty of fans across the board would now do the same. That includes the majority of Liverpool fans.

Thatā€™s just my opinion, obviously doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m right.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31608: Sep 05, 2022 12:02:27 pm
      I'm not sure what the point of posting this is. Nobody is saying spending money = success.

Iā€™ll tell you what it does point out though!!!  It shows Liverpool not in the top ten of spending yet had plenty of success with great transfers and having the best manager in world football does.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31609: Sep 05, 2022 12:08:09 pm
      Yep, like United we both have history and in our own way unique and have built our success through development. The likes of City, Chavs and possibly soon to be Newcastle canā€™t say the same thing.

However, even if the vast majority of Liverpool fans ( in your words ) wouldnā€™t want it! I doubt they would refuse it due to time change in football. Iā€™ve got to the stage now even I would except it if we could get back to winning ways.

I said to Pj a while Iā€™d now take oil merchants if it meant bring success back to the club, I agree this is sad but I believe plenty of fans across the board would now do the same. That includes the majority of Liverpool fans.

There will be ā€œfansā€ who will jump at Saudi Regime buying the club

But Iā€™m going to guess that 99.99% of those fans live on social media and just want the club to act like City and be a grown up version of FIFA etc

I certainly donā€™t want my club anywhere near that sort of owner for a number of reasons
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3958 
      Reply #31610: Sep 05, 2022 12:08:51 pm
      The same Mancs that are over Ā£500mil in leveraged debt , same Mancs that take out huge dividends every year into their pocket

Itā€™s amazing how people ignoring how poor they are as owners when they allow the club to use debt to buy players

The sh*te you come up with every day is unbelievable.
      As everyone knows the MANAGEABLE DEBT the mancs have had for decades is actually actually decreasing and it stood at Ā£900m some time ago,. the club has global enterprise and is quite capable of sustaining and reducing that debt further.

LFC are now in an identical state of affairs, perhaps with not as much world wide promotion but not far behind, your defence of the owners is laughable; it has been suggested you are employed by FSG to post this sh*te which again is comical when they have a second to none legal team and their office cleaner will have more common sense than you.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31611: Sep 05, 2022 12:09:37 pm

But Iā€™m going to guess that 99.99% of those fans live on social media and just want the club to act like City and be a grown up version of FIFA etc

I certainly donā€™t want my club anywhere near that sort of owner for a number of reasons
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31612: Sep 05, 2022 12:09:50 pm
      You do know Keith is a Man U fan!! :lmao:

Scouting has been f**king brilliant. How can you even say "isn't near perfect" that fact we've got that right is what has allowed us to challenge.

Not being in the top ten spenders in the last decade proves  ( my point ) just how well youā€™ve lot done. However, like I say some fans have short term memory loss then choose to  quote my post out of context.  :lmao:  #Snowflakesā€¦ just say in  :P
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31613: Sep 05, 2022 12:11:54 pm
      The sh*te you come up with every day is unbelievable.
      As everyone knows the MANAGEABLE DEBT the mancs have had for decades is actually actually decreasing and it stood at Ā£900m some time ago,. the club has global enterprise and is quite capable of sustaining and reducing that debt further.

LFC are now in an identical state of affairs, perhaps with not as much world wide promotion but not far behind, your defence of the owners is laughable; it has been suggested you are employed by FSG to post this sh*te which again is comical when they have a second to none legal team and their office cleaner will have more common sense than you.

How is it ā€œsh*teā€ - the club have spent millions servicing purchasing debt onto their club as well as the club having to give the owners dividends every year

They leak money every single year paying that debt and also paying the owners

To even attempt to compare the two owners is beyond laughable but also desperate from you

Sorry but did you really say we are in an ā€œidenticalā€ situation
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31614: Sep 05, 2022 12:28:20 pm
      I don't pretend to understandf any of it, I just like smoking dope!  :lmao:

:lmao: Thick Cnut
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3958 
      Reply #31615: Sep 05, 2022 12:29:50 pm

How is it ā€œsh*teā€ - the club have spent millions servicing purchasing debt onto their club as well as the club having to give the owners dividends every year

They leak money every single year paying that debt and also paying the owners

To even attempt to compare the two owners is beyond laughable but also desperate from you

Sorry but did you really say we are in an ā€œidenticalā€ situation

You do post sh*te and misinterpret every point raised in an attempt to polish the sh*te you submit, idiot.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31616: Sep 05, 2022 12:30:49 pm
      Don't usually come in this thread.

Your a fcuking good judge then as most of us get headaches in this one.  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31617: Sep 05, 2022 12:33:59 pm
      You do post sh*te and misinterpret every point raised in an attempt to polish the sh*te you submit, idiot.

Here are some facts for you

1. Liverpool is run as a self sustaining model , it spends what it makes - the accounts are clear for all to see and they always look to balance those accounts

2. The owners provided finances via loans for the stadium rebuilt which were in their name so the risk is on them , we pay that loan back when finances allow us for o

3. The owners donā€™t use their own personal wealth to buy a player , they donā€™t take out loans

4. The owners donā€™t take out dividends from the club and they didnā€™t buy the club via loans and leveraged those loans onto the club

Please explain how that is ā€œidenticalā€ to Man Utd
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31618: Sep 05, 2022 12:34:40 pm
      Eh 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Mane left in the summer ?

Bit of a contradiction when you regularly say Thiago replaced Gini.

Does that mean Gini was never replaced then?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #31619: Sep 05, 2022 12:37:17 pm
      Not being in the top ten spenders in the last decade proves  ( my point ) just how well youā€™ve lot done. However, like I say some fans have short term memory loss then choose to  quote my post out of context.  :lmao:  #Snowflakesā€¦ just say in  :P

It also proves our point that had we spent a little more then itā€™s fair to say we would have another couple of trophies in the cabinet too.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31620: Sep 05, 2022 12:37:33 pm
      Bit of a contradiction when you regularly say Thiago replaced Gini.

Does that mean Gini was never replaced then?

But he didnā€™t fund Diaz arriving 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Which was the point
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31621: Sep 05, 2022 12:37:35 pm

I donā€™t ignore it, couldnā€™t agree more.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31622: Sep 05, 2022 12:40:12 pm

Sometimes principles have to take a back step even though what you say is correct.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3958 
      Reply #31623: Sep 05, 2022 12:40:57 pm
      Here are some facts for you

1. Liverpool is run as a self sustaining model , it spends what it makes - the accounts are clear for all to see and they always look to balance those accounts

2. The owners provided finances via loans for the stadium rebuilt which were in their name so the risk is on them , we pay that loan back when finances allow us for o

3. The owners donā€™t use their own personal wealth to buy a player , they donā€™t take out loans

4. The owners donā€™t take out dividends from the club and they didnā€™t buy the club via loans and leveraged those loans onto the club

Please explain how that is ā€œidenticalā€ to Man Utd

Put your F***ing glasses on nobhead.
      My post pointed out that the mancs have a global enterprise in place and LFC have similar and are not far behind

You are a master of F***ing waffle.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 3466 
      Reply #31624: Sep 05, 2022 12:41:21 pm
      It also proves our point that had we spent a little more then itā€™s fair to say we would have another couple of trophies in the cabinet too.

That canā€™t be ā€œprovedā€ either way - we could have spent Ā£100mil more and still finished 1 point being and lost out in the CL - there are no guarantees

Quick Reply