Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2778898 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32269: Oct 30, 2022 07:41:59 pm

Sorry but when did I say “there is no more money in the pot ? “

Nor have I asked someone where it is ?

I asked if people want the club to spend more than it makes where does that money come from

The same VVD that was pretty much refusing to play for Southampton anymore forcing Southampton to sell - the player was also forcing the move to go through.

I don’t believe we “bullied” Southampton into selling - the player helped force the move through and we paid extra because of what happened in the summer

Yeah. That’s what happens in football lad. When players refuse to play it’s usually come from their agent or people around them telling them not to, which has come from the buying club before that, forcing moves through and bullying clubs to sell. It’s been going on for decades and you ever read autobiography’s or listen to podcasts people talk about it, rather than you’re FSG promoting social media pages etc.

Us signing VVD is one of the best examples of bullying a club to sell there is 🤣. Tapped him up and left it for a couple of months so we didn’t get reported then went back with a bid they couldn’t refuse….because every player has their price.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #32270: Oct 30, 2022 07:45:26 pm
      Yeah. That’s what happens in football lad. When players refuse to play it’s usually come from their agent or people around them telling them not to, which has come from the buying club before that, forcing moves through and bullying clubs to sell. It’s been going on for decades and you ever read autobiography’s or listen to podcasts people talk about it, rather than you’re FSG promoting social media pages etc.

Us signing VVD is one of the best examples of bullying a club to sell there is 🤣. Tapped him up and left it for a couple of months so we didn’t get reported then went back with a bid they couldn’t refuse….because every player has their price.

If VVD didn’t want to leave then the transfer wouldn’t have happened , not every player can be bought if the club don’t want to sell and the player doesn’t want to leave.

I’m guessing your angling towards Bellingham and the statement from Klopp in regards player not attainable at the moment

Dortmund don’t need or want to sell and the player doesn’t want to leave - so he is not attainable right now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #32271: Oct 30, 2022 07:48:22 pm

If VVD didn’t want to leave then the transfer wouldn’t have happened , not every player can be bought if the club don’t want to sell and the player doesn’t want to leave.

I’m guessing your angling towards Bellingham and the statement from Klopp in regards player not attainable at the moment

Dortmund don’t need or want to sell and the player doesn’t want to leave - so he is not attainable right now.

You could say that about any transfer in history. Of course the player has to want to go.

If Bellingham wanted a Liverpool move then we could have bullied dortmund into selling as described above.

But we didn’t. Because there’s not a pot to piss in.

I’m absolutely certain had salah moved this summer for a big few then we would have got Bellingham.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 427 
      Reply #32272: Oct 30, 2022 07:49:45 pm
      Last year's chant of the reds have got no money but we'll still win the league was about for a reason.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #32273: Oct 30, 2022 07:51:40 pm
      You could say that about any transfer in history. Of course the player has to want to go.

If Bellingham wanted a Liverpool move then we could have bullied dortmund into selling as described above.

But we didn’t. Because there’s not a pot to piss in.

I’m absolutely certain had salah moved this summer for a big few then we would have got Bellingham.

Or because the player didn’t want to leave right now and the club weren’t selling 🤷‍♂️

And Dortmund have shown plenty of times they can’t be bullied and stick to their guns

But we have been through this before.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 427 
      Reply #32274: Oct 30, 2022 07:52:44 pm

Even the name of that website knows we need to reinvest or we are done for.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #32275: Oct 30, 2022 08:04:01 pm
      So reading the last few pages of this thread we all know that the club only spends what it earns and that averages out at 15m per transfer window.

That’s despite being one of the biggest clubs in the world with a huge global fan base, all the latest tv deals making the premier league by far the richest in the world, all the new sponsorship deals and finally all of our success recently, securing CL football every season and normally reaching the latter stages - 3 finals under klopp!

So 15m a window despite the above. That to me says we’re gambling on CL football then. What happens if we don’t secure CL football and we go in the europa league? Would our budget drop to say 10m a window? What if we go into that sh*t conference thing? Would it go to 5m a window? What if, god forbid, we don’t even finish in the top 7…..would we have any money at all for transfers?!

Neglecting our squad and leaving players on huge wages who are declining rapidly or contribute nothing because they’re constantly injured because they won’t stump up transfer fees (without selling) is poor running of a football club.

Having one of the worlds biggest clubs in your hands and only being able to generate 15m a window is poor running of a football club.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #32276: Oct 30, 2022 08:20:54 pm
      So reading the last few pages of this thread we all know that the club only spends what it earns and that averages out at 15m per transfer window.

That’s despite being one of the biggest clubs in the world with a huge global fan base, all the latest tv deals making the premier league by far the richest in the world, all the new sponsorship deals and finally all of our success recently, securing CL football every season and normally reaching the latter stages - 3 finals under klopp!

So 15m a window despite the above. That to me says we’re gambling on CL football then. What happens if we don’t secure CL football and we go in the europa league? Would our budget drop to say 10m a window? What if we go into that sh*t conference thing? Would it go to 5m a window? What if, god forbid, we don’t even finish in the top 7…..would we have any money at all for transfers?!

Neglecting our squad and leaving players on huge wages who are declining rapidly or contribute nothing because they’re constantly injured because they won’t stump up transfer fees (without selling) is poor running of a football club.

Having one of the worlds biggest clubs in your hands and only being able to generate 15m a window is poor running of a football club.

The last two seasons as we have improved our commercial income greatly , got through Covid etc out net spent is around ÂŁ55mil each season - that also includes the increases to the wage bill

Not sure why it seems to be about averaging out over 5 years or 7 seasons ( it’s about £30mil going by Transfernarket)

But isn’t the two most recent seasons a morw reflective picture as it includes all those new deals and most recent improvements of the income
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #32277: Oct 30, 2022 08:40:26 pm
      The f**king idiot refuses to accept FSG have contributed no more than the initial monies to acquire LFC.
      He no doubt does but it doesn't fit in with his wind up.

he is one arrogant tw*t 90% of businesses in this world rely on borrowing most of the EPL borrow. FSG are acting like our bankers not owners they have used LFC in many ways to advance their profile world wide which they didnt pay for.  Why people engage with him I just dont know he isnt a Liverpool supporter its just not possible
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #32278: Oct 30, 2022 08:42:06 pm
      he is one arrogant tw*t 90% of businesses in this world rely on borrowing most of the EPL borrow. FSG are acting like our bankers not owners they have used LFC in many ways to advance their profile world wide which they didnt pay for.  Why people engage with him I just dont know he isnt a Liverpool supporter its just not possible

Why do you feel the constant need to insult people just because they have a differing opinion ?

Even more so someone you ignore 🤷‍♂️

Hicks and Gillette borrowed - I’m guessing you were ok with that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #32279: Oct 30, 2022 08:43:28 pm
      Why are FSG in Liverpool why did they buy LFC to make more money for themselves not to make Liverpool successful that is a by product if we dont win anymore silverware but their Asset continues to increase in Value they will be fine with that because they never come to the games to feel the heat do they.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #32280: Oct 30, 2022 08:56:26 pm
      The last two seasons as we have improved our commercial income greatly , got through Covid etc out net spent is around ÂŁ55mil each season - that also includes the increases to the wage bill

Not sure why it seems to be about averaging out over 5 years or 7 seasons ( it’s about £30mil going by Transfernarket)

But isn’t the two most recent seasons a morw reflective picture as it includes all those new deals and most recent improvements of the income

No. Because they’ve been here 12 years and not 2.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #32281: Oct 30, 2022 09:02:48 pm
      No. Because they’ve been here 12 years and not 2.

So surely you take into account the situation the club was in when they took over ?

Both on and off the field the club was in a mess and where we are now compared to 12 years ago is light years away.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #32282: Oct 30, 2022 09:03:34 pm
      Why are FSG in Liverpool why did they buy LFC to make more money for themselves not to make Liverpool successful that is a by product if we dont win anymore silverware but their Asset continues to increase in Value they will be fine with that because they never come to the games to feel the heat do they.

No issues with them making money. It would be weird if they didn’t or that wasn’t their priority. Of course it is.

They’ve done plenty of good things for our club too mate and I never ignore that. In a lot of ways, I like actually like them.

But they’ve got to find a way to keep us at the top and without klopp I don’t think we would be anywhere near it. I think most of us would agree. I’m terrified of him leaving because I just see us languishing around 8th with a cup run if we’re lucky.

In 20 years time I won’t remember the shiny new training ground or a big stand. But I’ll remember every cup final and whether we won the title or not.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,126 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32283: Oct 30, 2022 09:09:31 pm
      No issues with them making money. It would be weird if they didn’t or that wasn’t their priority. Of course it is.

They’ve done plenty of good things for our club too mate and I never ignore that. In a lot of ways, I like actually like them.

But they’ve got to find a way to keep us at the top and without klopp I don’t think we would be anywhere near it. I think most of us would agree. I’m terrified of him leaving because I just see us languishing around 8th with a cup run if we’re lucky.

In 20 years time I won’t remember the shiny new training ground or a big stand. But I’ll remember every cup final and whether we won the title or not.

If you were to lose Klopp ( for whatever reason ) you’d do a United and drop into also rans.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #32284: Oct 30, 2022 09:13:22 pm
      Sorry also to add

“Feel strongly for our owners”

Just to clarify - I believe they have made some poor choices and mistakes over the last 5 years and were rightly critisized for them

But it’s hard to be critical of an owner just because they aren’t spending their own personal money which is what it narrows down to for many

The owners are running the club exactly how they said they won’t when they bought the club - self sustaining, that hasn’t changed.

There is only one club “dominating” the league -Man City and why ? Because they are state funded and have financially cheated

Do you recall when Klopp was caught with the approach to VVD - we pulled out of the deal and then didn’t buy anyone else , people were going mad because we didn’t move onto another target yet Klopp clearly was adamant that VVD was the right player so they waited for him. That’s a perfect example of the right player

And the net spend

I use this website

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-fc/transfers/verein/31/plus/?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Season 16/17

Net spend = + ÂŁ5Mil

17/18

Net spend  = + ÂŁ9mil

18/19

Net Spend = -ÂŁ129mil

19/20

Net Spend = + ÂŁ30mil

20/21

Net Spend = - ÂŁ60mil

21/22

Net Spend = -ÂŁ50mil

22/23

Net spend ( so far ) = -ÂŁ15mil

Now looking at those figures that to me says there is money there for the manager to spend

How do you know these  funds are available for JĂźrgen to spend? How do you know fsg just don't want to spend it?

Thats a assumption by you. I'm saying there is too little net spent, we need to spend more. I don't know who don't wants to spend. My guess is that it's the owners because of that interview klopp gave before the window closed.

I honestly don't know where this need for defending something online comes from. I'm not attacking the owners. I'm saying there is too little net spend in contrast to teams that have dominated their leagues in past.

I think it's safe to say that we disagree when it comes to this thread, because I agree with alot of your comments in live threads and others.

I respect your opinion, but I'm not seeing what you are seeing.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #32285: Oct 30, 2022 09:16:05 pm

Thats how I see things too. You just explained in a way that I never could 🙂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #32286: Oct 30, 2022 09:22:31 pm
      How do you know these  funds are available for JĂźrgen to spend? How do you know fsg just don't want to spend it?

Because the accounts quite clearly show that if money is there then they spend it - FSG have never stopped the club spending the money it makes before , why would they start now ?

Thats a assumption by you. I'm saying there is too little net spent, we need to spend more. I don't know who don't wants to spend. My guess is that it's the owners because of that interview klopp gave before the window closed.

As the club only spends what it makes then to increase the net spend means spending more money than the club makes which means either taking out loans ( which need to be paid back ) or running the club at losses ?

I honestly don't know where this need for defending something online comes from. I'm not attacking the owners. I'm saying there is too little net spend in contrast to teams that have dominated their leagues in past.

Im not “defending” anyone - I’m just giving my opinion and also telling you what the situation is with the club and how it works

In the last 5 years - we have won the league once , City 4 times

We have a bigger net spend than City in that period

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

I think it's safe to say that we disagree when it comes to this thread, because I agree with alot of your comments in live threads and others.

I respect your opinion, but I'm not seeing what you are seeing.

At the end of the day I’m just giving you the facts on how the club is run

The level of net spent etc and those facts can be interpreted in many different ways - the current method for some is now to use per transfer window

As i said the last two seasons our net spend it ÂŁ130 million and that could increase in Jan
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #32287: Oct 30, 2022 09:33:53 pm

In the last 2 seasons we have prioritised wages over transfer fees to keep players like Mo, Hendo and others. I thought this was a good plan, most fans probably agreed with this strategy. Most of the Mo Salah thread last season will be full of people telling FSG to pay Mo a massive salary for 4 or 5 years.

Today, that strategy appears questionable. With hindsight, maybe we should have allocated more money to transfer fees and accepted that a few of the established players would get frustrated and want to leave. We probably should also have sold some of the fringe players- Ox, Keita, Phillips, maybe some others (if anyone wanted to buy them).
      As you say we are banking on CL qualification. Will the club have added clauses into new contracts reducing wages if we don't get CL? I hope so.

On a positive note, a few high wage players will leave at the end of the season so we may have some funds available for new players.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #32288: Oct 30, 2022 09:47:47 pm
      What I would say is that net spend over the last five years is something you can’t compare to city.
      Even if we have spent more in that time it’s worth remembering that city spent a billion and offered wages they could never afford for a decade before that.
      They have the foundations to be able to have a bad transfer window or two and get away with it.

If you recall, in the beginning they would players like Benjani and Adebayor on massive wages and then after a season they would loan them to another club but would still pay their wages as nobody else could afford to equal it.
      That’s not a business model for the business man. It’s cheat mode.

I remember Leeds overspending and taking out loans 25 years ago or so and it didn’t end great for them.

If FFP was being properly implemented then we would have the near perfect owners.

Sadly FFP hasn’t addressed the issues and it’s allowed monsters to flourish.

So I don’t blame our owners. I’m more disillusioned with the league for allowing the state of the game to be run by greed and failing to keep a level playing field.

If Elon Musk purchased the club and gave Klopp a billion pound to spend each window I would actually hate that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,461 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #32290: Oct 30, 2022 09:50:53 pm
      What I would say is that net spend over the last five years is something you can’t compare to city.
      Even if we have spent more in that time it’s worth remembering that city spent a billion and offered wages they could never afford for a decade before that.
      They have the foundations to be able to have a bad transfer window or two and get away with it.

If you recall, in the beginning they would players like Benjani and Adebayor on massive wages and then after a season they would loan them to another club but would still pay their wages as nobody else could afford to equal it.
      That’s not a business model for the business man. It’s cheat mode.

I remember Leeds overspending and taking out loans 25 years ago or so and it didn’t end great for them.

If FFP was being properly implemented then we would have the near perfect owners.

Sadly FFP hasn’t addressed the issues and it’s allowed monsters to flourish.

So I don’t blame our owners. I’m more disillusioned with the league for allowing the state of the game to be run by greed and failing to keep a level playing field.

If Elon Musk purchased the club and gave Klopp a billion pound to spend each window I would actually hate that.

Don’t want the likes of a Musk but we need reasonable investment we’re run as a milk cow
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #32291: Oct 30, 2022 09:55:29 pm

...I'm waiting for the punchline.

Quick Reply