Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2829206 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32660: Mar 08, 2023 03:35:24 pm

They get injured we're back to the godawful pairing of Gomez and Matip again.

i dont think these players are godawful they just had a bad run.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #32661: Mar 08, 2023 04:09:59 pm
      i dont think these players are godawful they just had a bad run.

As individual players they are fine alongside a top clas CB. But as a pairing they are definitely godawful.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 855 posts | 306 
      Reply #32662: Mar 08, 2023 07:58:13 pm
      Well imho we need a right back that can actually play as a right back,  not make do and shuffle the pack with a makeshift , as Jürgen has had to do too many times , surely as good as he’s been for us you can’t have Milly down as a starter in that position , at best he’s become a 10/15 min player seeing the game out type of player definitely not a starter for me against anyone with a bit of pace .

I'd like us to buy another right back but I don't think it's a priority position currently. We will have a limited budget, a responsible strategy.
      We have Trent, 2 young lads with potential and 2 or 3 other players who can cover that position. I forgot to add Gomez to the list in my initial comment.

Midfield and CB are the priority and i think those areas will use up all of the transfer budget this summer.

If Trent has a bad season next year Klopp may start to question his faith in him but Klopp is a manager who is very loyal (maybe a bit to much) and appears to be very happy with Trent.
      Maybe I'm a bit biased as I like Trent a lot and don't understand why he gets so much criticism.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #32663: Mar 08, 2023 08:17:00 pm
      I'd like us to buy another right back but I don't think it's a priority position currently. We will have a limited budget, a responsible strategy.
      We have Trent, 2 young lads with potential and 2 or 3 other players who can cover that position. I forgot to add Gomez to the list in my initial comment.

Midfield and CB are the priority and i think those areas will use up all of the transfer budget this summer.

If Trent has a bad season next year Klopp may start to question his faith in him but Klopp is a manager who is very loyal (maybe a bit to much) and appears to be very happy with Trent.
      Maybe I'm a bit biased as I like Trent a lot and don't understand why he gets so much criticism.

I like Trent a lot I think he gets a lot of stick most of it unfairly I would say , as he is following orders from Klopp in how he goes bombing on in games , think that’s why the gaffer dosent lose the plot with some of the mistakes that get punished , the thing that bothers me about the transfers is the fact we don’t have a big money sale on the cards , and let’s just say our midfield needs a serious bolster , and these owners are pretty frugal in the money stakes .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32664: Mar 08, 2023 08:26:10 pm

The situation will be the same as it has been every single season since they arrived - the club will spend within its means

That doesn’t change and I don’t know why people would expect anything else under the owners. They aren’t suddenly going to be splashing cash they or the club don’t have to spend

Not so sure Lall, last big spend we used Coutinho money, we don’t have that kind of option this time round, maybe that’s the real reason they seek financial investment, anyhoo that debate is for another time, JWH/FSG know very well the sums of money required to keep us dining at the top table, and Bellingham would be a appropriate signing,

but the figures spoken about are just f***in crazy, apparently talkshite mentioned something in the region of £120m, can’t see us spunking that on one player, however I do envisage that £220m maybe required but that Will want a return of 4/5 players at least,

look, I know it’s all pie in the sky but financially FSG hands are being forced by the manufactured clubs like Citeh, Chavs & Toon, who can easily afford those kind of figures, so will therefore advocate those kind of crazy prices so as to outdo those who can’t, seems the neo liberalists exist in football as well as in politics!!!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32665: Mar 08, 2023 08:59:36 pm

Not so sure Lall, last big spend we used Coutinho money, we don’t have that kind of option this time round, maybe that’s the real reason they seek financial investment, anyhoo that debate is for another time, JWH/FSG know very well the sums of money required to keep us dining at the top table, and Bellingham would be a appropriate signing,

but the figures spoken about are just f***in crazy, apparently talkshite mentioned something in the region of £120m, can’t see us spunking that on one player, however I do envisage that £220m maybe required but that Will want a return of 4/5 players at least,

look, I know it’s all pie in the sky but financially FSG hands are being forced by the manufactured clubs like Citeh, Chavs & Toon, who can easily afford those kind of figures, so will therefore advocate those kind of crazy prices so as to outdo those who can’t, seems the neo liberalists exist in football as well as in politics!!!

The club will find a way to finance bringing in the players , I suspect there is funds left over from last summer and signings will be spread across years etc

Im pretty confident the club will be bringing in 3 players in the summer for the first team
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32666: Mar 08, 2023 09:04:42 pm
      Reckon we’ll see a Summer declared as the first step of Klopp’s first big rebuild. The reality is that it has already started with Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo.

I expect we’ll see 5 players leave, with 2 CMs and a CB arriving. Don’t expect we’ll sign more than 3 players for the first team and I’m ok with that if it means more minutes for the likes of Elliott and Bajcetic next season.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #32667: Mar 08, 2023 09:09:16 pm

Countinho keeps being brought up for some reason, but the year after he was sold we brought in Alisson, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri, our most expensive year under Klopp. The same year he was sold we brought in Virgil, Salah, Ox and Robertson, which basically neutralized what we received for Phil.

I have no concerns that Jürgen will be able to bring in the players he wants. Last summer we would have brought in Touchameni if he had chosen us over Real, so the money and willingness to spend is there. How much they recoup from selling players no here wants to come back or express they want to leave (like Kelleher/Phillips) i do not care.
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2023 09:23:13 pm by CT_LFC »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #32668: Mar 08, 2023 09:21:46 pm
      Reckon we’ll see a Summer declared as the first step of Klopp’s first big rebuild. The reality is that it has already started with Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo.

I expect we’ll see 5 players leave, with 2 CMs and a CB arriving. Don’t expect we’ll sign more than 3 players for the first team and I’m ok with that if it means more minutes for the likes of Elliott and Bajcetic next season.

2 CM and a CB is exactly what we need so I'd be happy with that.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #32669: Mar 08, 2023 09:32:49 pm
      Bellingham and Mount I reckon plus a CB .Kelleher,Bobby,Naby,Phillips,Ox to leave
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #32670: Mar 08, 2023 10:52:43 pm
      Would like to believe we can sign 2/3 players and challenge again next season but realistically think it will take one summer to steady us and another to become competitive at the top again, as teams around won't be standing still.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #32671: Mar 09, 2023 03:06:01 am
      Bellingham and Mount I reckon plus a CB .Kelleher,Bobby,Naby,Phillips,Ox to leave

I wouldn't mind Mount as the other midfielder besides Jude, but I don't know the club will choose to pay extra due to his being English and from an English club (Bellingham will be expensive enough as it is). I expect that 2nd midfielder to be someone we haven't really been talking about; so not Calcedo, not Nunes from Wolves, not Mount. Someone from the continent more likely and while we may not know his name now, I bet we are singing it this time next year.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32672: Mar 09, 2023 08:08:21 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #32673: Mar 09, 2023 08:47:17 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #32674: Mar 09, 2023 09:01:51 am
      Can't wait for the 'we declare our wages different to everyone else' debate  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32675: Mar 09, 2023 09:19:02 am
      Cheers for the link.

Swiss Ramble always worth a look when accounts come out.

Yeah he is very good and well balanced
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32676: Mar 09, 2023 12:32:07 pm
      2 CM and a CB is exactly what we need so I'd be happy with that.

All depends on who leaves.
      We know Ox, Keita and Firmino are going.
      Phillips and Williams will want regular football somewhere.
      Milner could be in his last season of playing.

That's 6 players out.
      Gakpo probably is the move done early so I don't expect a forward.
      3 CMs out. 2 CMs in. 2 CBs out. 1 CB in.
      Ideally the club get a couple of players that play the 8 role and
      a player that can play CDM or CB.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #32677: Mar 09, 2023 12:47:07 pm

That's 6 players out.

Six players out and their estimated accumulated wage bill will no doubt be used to finance the acquisition of the replacements you indicate.

Once again a gargantuan task for the manager to pay peanuts for the quality required in rebuilding the spine of the team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32678: Mar 09, 2023 01:01:33 pm

That's 6 players out.

Think it will be the three players arriving -think Matip may also leave

A Cb to give us 4 - plus some youngsters

Two CM’s - the emergence of Bajectic has prob reduced that down to 2 , also Morton coming in as well

Think one of the CM’s will be someone a bit Brie forward thinking - Mount is an example and the other box to box

Suspect it wlll take an outlay of around £200mil to 250mil - going to be a lot of balancing figures and payment plans etc
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #32679: Mar 09, 2023 02:40:07 pm
      Six players out and their estimated accumulated wage bill will no doubt be used to finance the acquisition of the replacements you indicate.

Once again a gargantuan task for the manager to pay peanuts for the quality required in rebuilding the spine of the team.

6 players out, four of which barely kick a ball for us, and three first teamers in is how you run a football club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32680: Mar 09, 2023 03:20:25 pm

So we sell or release no longer needed , that frees up wages and then incoming players will arrive that the manager wants that will play - seems standard squad management
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #32681: Mar 09, 2023 04:53:27 pm

£7m profit doesn't make for very good reading. It means either we will have more money to spend next year or we haven't spent enough to the point that our profit is £7m and not £1m.

Either way, the person controlling the purse strings has to throw out the money. It simply means we haven't.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #32682: Mar 09, 2023 05:56:54 pm
      All the FSG love or hate aside, there’s really no doubt that the team needs some significant investment this summer.

Quick Reply