Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Jamie Carragher
      (10.9%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (77.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (6.7%)

Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust

Read 83514 times
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match Disgustion
      Reply #1012: Oct 17, 2010 08:05:27 pm
      this team lack chemistry desire passion. northampton town had more passion than our millionaire players. change the manager  and half the team
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #1013: Oct 17, 2010 08:09:55 pm
      I am 35 years old now and have to admit I have never seen a Liverpool side so poor as today we could have played until tomorrow and still not scored, if Stevie G is not creating anything we don't look like scoring. Since when have we had a team that revolves around one player the sooner we can revamp the whole squad the better  :mad:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1014: Oct 17, 2010 08:11:01 pm
      Again, not for the first time this season, im shocked and disgusted too see a man of the match poll.

That was a disgrace to the shirt and add in the fact it was the derby, sweet Jesus

Bottom 3 after 8 games, John show him the door in the morning please

EASILY THE WORST FOOTBALLING TEAM FROM LIVERPOOL IVE SEEN INCLUDING 91-94 SOUNESS ERA
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #1015: Oct 17, 2010 08:12:55 pm
      Even in the Souness era we had players who could win a match this is just mindnumbing :f_steam:
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #1016: Oct 17, 2010 08:32:34 pm
      Roy may be a fukkin genius, when he saw the new owners in the stand he told all the players to be as sh*t as thay can be, now the owners have saw our performance maybe they will part with £100 million to improve the team.

Or maybe its just Roy thats sh*t.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #1017: Oct 17, 2010 08:36:54 pm
      You know what the sad thing is? These results don't hurt like they used to.

It's like I've become used to bad news, and that just sums up how poor things have been.
      Totally agree. I'm finding myself expecting us to lose games. Not win, not even draw. LOSE. No matter what I expect it to happen. Something has to give.
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #1018: Oct 17, 2010 08:42:08 pm
      get out roy.

where are you taking us?
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #1019: Oct 17, 2010 08:51:52 pm
      shouting at the tv constantly through out the game, John Henry is apparantly going to listen to the fans tomorrow it said on tv somewere today, wouldn't mind knowing where and when. First thing on the list to tell him would be give old Woy a P45 please.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Re: Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust
      Reply #1020: Oct 17, 2010 09:11:11 pm
      The manager isn't playing! The lack of effort and hunger from the players is shocking. Short of standing on the touchline with a shotgun I don't see what more Hodgson can do right now.
      Ok The manager doesn't play i agree. But if the manager does not use his players the right way and play to there strengths then that manager is a shitload. Look at Blackpool today unlucky to be beaten by ManC. And the Blackpool players were mostly premiership rejects all brought in at the last minute. Holloway sets his team to attack, he makes them believe they can beat anybody like we found out. If Holloway had a squad as good as Ours then imagine where his team would be. The manager is the captain of the ship, if the captain is like Woy then the Unsinkable Titanic will hit the iceberg and then we shall see if the ship is truly unsinkable or not. Well, Roy is Blind and deaf and mute. Period.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1021: Oct 17, 2010 09:35:34 pm
      There are so many things that are fu**ed up. Was gonna start on Lucas and Cole and the midfield and Roy and this and that and the other. But just can't be arsed. Whatever about the quality of the squad and the manager and the ownership freakshow, the players, the whole f***in lot of them need a rocket up their well paid f***in arses!!! Skyrtel and Carra were the only ones out there today up for the battle, with SG in there too just about. Everton, Blackpool - they just WANT IT more and it's f**king embarrassing. For me Roy is a nice guy, he wouldn't have been my first choice but I thought he might be able to get them playing - but never in my wildest nightmares did I think we'd actually get worse. Masch leaving has left a big whole. Our engine room has no f***in engine. And up front, though getting sh*t service, Torres is a shadow. For me the back 5 aren't the problem, certainly compared with the f***in disaster that is our midfield and attack. I hope NESV have deep f***in pockets because we are going to need to spend in the January window and get some quality in. To be honest at this stage, I'd be happy with mid table at the end of the year, that is how f***in bad we are playing just now. And if we keep playin like a bunch of nambie f***in pambies, we'll deserve all the sh*t that comes our f***in way.
      Btw, why was Skyrtel not in the MOTM choice. Maxi f***in Rodriquez, FFS.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1022: Oct 17, 2010 09:39:35 pm
      has anyone noticed how Torres and Gerrard seem to have fallen out  over something I first noticed it at the Sunderland game when Torres played him in to score and Gerrard never acknowledged him .

perhaps cuz nando realised we were guna be sh*t without rafa, and that the players may be in the know about who twisted that knife into rafa's back.. hmm... just a thought? ;)
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #1023: Oct 17, 2010 09:40:01 pm
      Trying to objectively salvage something from this. We were not bad all the time otherwise 2-0 would have been just on the way to 4 or 5 nil but werent good enough when it mattered.

A 2-0 loss against Everton is a bad result and especially in the current climate i.e. 19th in the table.  We weren't good enough for 90+ minutes and in my opinion there is nothing to salvage from such a passionless performance, so i'm slighly surprised to read that Roy Hodgson has labelled that a 'Good Performance!'  'A 2-0 loss against Everton is a bad result, it was a bad perfromance, and a bad start to what will hopefully be a much better future...'  That's what the 'Manager of the Year' should have said.
      I think Hodgson got it wrong again today with regards to selection.  Although Carragher will give 100% no matter where he plays (and was one of few who looked interested) he has now been used by Hodgson in both full back positions where there is the very real possibilty of him being ruthlessly exposed.  Carra is 32 now, but the best central defender at the club should play in his best position and that is centre half (with Agger next to him when fit).  Kelly should have been given a chance today as i don't doubt he would have displayed the passion required. Perhaps he is still a little raw but definitely worth the risk. I may be shot down for this but with Torres struggling i think he needs someone up alongside him to shoulder the burden.  The lad looks a shadow of the player we all know he is, but playing as a lone striker in a struggling team won't help.  I would give Ryan Babel a consistent run of games up alongside Torres as in my opinion he offers more of a threat than Ngog and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would flourish in a team like Arsenal... in other words i rate his potential more than the alternative.  There are at least six players not fit to wear the shirt at the moment... Just watched Blackpool V City... Blackpool are playing much better football than Liverpool (Charlie Adam is much better than Lucas & Poulsen) & City had 6 players on their bench who would all walk into our first 11...  Never thought i'd ever type those words.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #1024: Oct 17, 2010 09:43:28 pm
      Rafa come back
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1025: Oct 17, 2010 09:43:35 pm
      I can't wait for next season's Merseyside Derby!

Liverpool v Tranmere Rovers.

theres no way tranmere will get promoted.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1026: Oct 17, 2010 09:49:04 pm
      5 years ago we won the Champions League how not funny it would be if we got relegated on the anniversary of that? For me I'd person make sure Roy has an excuse for being handicapped in the brain! I've yet to read his post match comments because the day has been rubbish the evening not so better but I've yet to be perturbed.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #1027: Oct 17, 2010 09:49:14 pm
      also, can we just clear up that everton wernt actually that good today.
      even moyes said in his after match interview that he had seen everton play better on a couple of ocasions this season.
      we were sh*t. we ARE sh*t, and "The Chosen One" has came out and said his everton team at 80% had just beaten us.

ALSO!
      and this what fucks me off the most..
      remember this
      http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=533013
      when rafa called everton a small team. well he was f***in right, we all knew it, but yet hodgson has turned us into the small team. this is dire.
      wengitari
      • Banned

• 80 posts |
      Reply #1028: Oct 17, 2010 10:32:21 pm
      Just seen the highlights.  Firstly, whilst it's normal to criticise the manager when the results are bad like this... it is quite clear that no matter what he does at the moment, many will say his player selection is wrong.  He's been criticised for playing Poulsen.  Today he did not feature, and we still complain about the players he picked.  I think, as much as there is reason to criticise the manager, the same criticism needs to be directed at the players.  They share the fault. 

I tend to be more optimistic.  I genuinely cannot see this (awful form) going on for much longer, even with Roy in charge.  As far as I'm concerned, our season starts NOW.  Hicks and Gillette gone, and we finally have chance to get into the football.  The derby game was too early, with all the events of the week.  If we were ever going to lose to Everton, then let it be today.  It's bound to happen from time to time, but I'm happier losing to them while the circumstances have been against us.  There is of course no 'good' time to lose, but I'm happier that it is now... than at Anfield later on (which I defo believe we will win).

The much criticised Babel.  Well.. as far as I could see, he played well today - and we looked brighter with him in the team.  If it was me, I'd have him playing more games and consistently too.  I genuinely feel we need him in the team. 

Two minor complaints... 1) Beckford should have received a yellow for his dive, and that would have been the 2nd.. so ought to have been red carded. 2) Yakubu was clearly 'interefering' in the 2nd goal, and was offside.  No goal.  He was directly in front of Reina, and even ducked his head for the goal to pass through to the net.  Reina couldn't see at all.

Other than that, Everton deserved their win.  That happens from time to time.. regardless of how well we play.  unfortunately, we played poorly today again.. and that on the back of many simlar performaces of late!!
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #1029: Oct 17, 2010 10:34:08 pm
      Henry won't waste time.

I'll give Hodgson 2 weeks left at the most
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #1030: Oct 17, 2010 10:48:28 pm
      That was frustrating ! We look to go behind and then attack.

FFS just go out and attack and take the game to the other team. God i nearly jizzed e when Babel to my shock and horror actually played wide and took on the defender and tried to beat him. I can't remember anyone else trying to take on a defender.

Who are we losing to next week lads? Poor F***ing Torres , dude gets less service then a phone in the country.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1031: Oct 17, 2010 10:52:49 pm
      @ROY>> watch this and see what you loaned to get your boy poulsen
      Juventus : Lecce 4:0 ~ Aquilani goal # 17.10.2010

apart from this he was a master in midfield, he created, he scored  best player on pitch and I doubt if he will wear our shirt again with the exposure he is getting there, they say he is ready for an international recall
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010 10:58:16 pm by carragerrard »
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1032: Oct 17, 2010 10:59:31 pm
      That was frustrating ! We look to go behind and then attack.

Simply having the ball in their half does not constitute attacking in my book.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #1033: Oct 17, 2010 11:03:43 pm
      Sorry i should have been more clear.

I meant we play rubbish and defensive untill we go down a goal and then we attack and actually look ok.

Like Everton came out and attacked like motherfuckers, we didn't have a chance till 20 + mins into the game. Why didn't we come out and attack? We just continued to pass it between the backs. Blows my mind !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #1034: Oct 17, 2010 11:24:09 pm
      Again, not for the first time this season, im shocked and disgusted too see a man of the match poll.

That was a disgrace to the shirt and add in the fact it was the derby, sweet Jesus

Bottom 3 after 8 games, John show him the door in the morning please

EASILY THE WORST FOOTBALLING TEAM FROM LIVERPOOL IVE SEEN INCLUDING 91-94 SOUNESS ERA

Just about to say about the MOM poll. This is another game where I will not vote as I don't think any player deserves it.

I am so pissed off right now as tomorrow all we will hear about is how Roy has been left with a poor squad by Benitez, Liverpool need a lot of hard work etc. Frankly this is all a load of b******s. We have a very good squad of players and any half decent manager would be able to coach these players into playing good attacking and winning football but it seems to be beyond Hodgson.

Someone earlier mentioned Ian Holloway. This is someone who has a very average squad when you look at it on paper but when you watch Blackpool play they have a go at teams and last week they looked like the established Premier League club not us. I don't find it in any way acceptable that teams such as Blackpool can play better football than us.

Today was the same old story of Roy setting the team up far too deep looking for the long ball to Torres who is about 20 yards from the next player most of the time. We will hear the same s**t about how he is pissed off and wants to leave but I don't blame him if he is pissed off. He can't create every goal by himself.

Also for such a defensive coach our defending this season has been shocking and if Roy doesn't want ball playing defenders like Agger playing then he should at least use the time in training to coach the ones he does pick to do the job he asks from them.

I am not one to overlook the poor performances of the players and today the were not good enough again but I really do believe it's the tactics and the managers attitude that is holding us back. I said a the start of the season that I didn't like how negative Roy sounded in interviews as I thought this negativity spreads to the players and watching us this season this looks to be the case. He is negative in the press, uses negative tactics and I would imagine his team talks are pretty negative as well.

I do not want him here a minute longer and John Henry has a big decision to make in the next few days as I really don't see where the next win is coming from under Hodgson.

Quick Reply