Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Bad form

Read 4416 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Bad form
      Oct 17, 2010 07:48:44 pm
      Whats going on behind closed doors at Anfield, so many players under performing. Only Gerrard is playing anything close to his normal self, the rest look lost, ok some of this is down to Roy Hodgsons tactics, some down to the recent unrest. But a large slice must go down to how the players go about there job. The was a time when wearing the Red shirt was a honnor. Looking like to many are here for an easy paycheck  :mad:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: Bad form
      Reply #1: Oct 17, 2010 08:05:34 pm
      Bollocks, with all due respect.

It's down to the way the manager has set the team up - it really is that simple.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Oct 17, 2010 08:10:12 pm
      The only thing the players are unsettled about is the manager's tactics.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      Reply #3: Oct 17, 2010 08:12:01 pm
      Player for player Liverpool have the stronger team on that pitch, but look at the first 15 minuets Everton fought and won every 50/50 ball that ain't down to Hodgson, that's down to passion wanting it more than the opposition
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #4: Oct 17, 2010 08:13:15 pm
      Bollocks, with all due respect.

It's down to the way the manager has set the team up - it really is that simple.

Exactly, theres bad form and then theres bad management. We all know which one out current situation is down to.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 17, 2010 08:19:25 pm
      It was gone 20 mins b4 we put a decent passage of play together in the Everton half. Fair enough if we were
      playing Barcelona but yet again we were outfought and did not have enough passion. For me that is unforgivable
      esp coming off the back of recent results. We need to get back to basics and start playing with some spirit  to
      rid ourselves of this bad form instead of waiting for/expecting it to happen.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 17, 2010 08:19:50 pm
      Oh come on for fks sake they are all professional football players who we would all swap places with given the chance and WE would all give 200% commitment every game, the lack of commitment is not down to the manager all the players need to take a long hard look at themselves and start wearing the red shirt with pride.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #7: Oct 17, 2010 08:21:39 pm
      Tez does have a good point. Although there is no doubt how sh*te Roy is, last season under Rafa there were times when there was no effort or commitment from the players, although to be fair, they did get themselves up for the big ones.

But to show a lack of commitment from last season and carry it into this season under a new manager? There is definately something up, and personally I think that whole dressing room is divided and there are factions all over the place. Posted it in another thread a while ago.

It's so clear to see, there is no chemistry in there or on the pitch. Major problem.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2856 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Oct 17, 2010 08:24:38 pm
      Player for player Liverpool have the stronger team on that pitch, but look at the first 15 minuets Everton fought and won every 50/50 ball that ain't down to Hodgson, that's down to passion wanting it more than the opposition

I have to say Im not sure about that judging by today
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #9: Oct 17, 2010 08:25:16 pm
      Tez does have a good point. Although there is no doubt how sh*te Roy is, last season under Rafa there were times when there was no effort or commitment from the players, although to be fair, they did get themselves up for the big ones.

But to show a lack of commitment from last season and carry it into this season under a new manager? There is definately something up, and personally I think that whole dressing room is divided and there are factions all over the place. Posted it in another thread a while ago.

It's so clear to see, there is no chemistry in there or on the pitch. Major problem.

Yeah I posted that a while back too. Under a new manager I expected last season's lack of committment/desire to
      be eradicated but yet it is still endemic???
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #10: Oct 17, 2010 08:32:06 pm
      Yeah I posted that a while back too. Under a new manager I expected last season's lack of committment/desire to
      be eradicated but yet it is still endemic???
      Pathetic. All want their F***ing ego massaged constantly, there grown F***ing men. Who here goes running around trying to undermine their manager at work if they don't like them (yes Carra this is aimed at you). You F***ing do the job, because your paid for it, and there is a reason that you aren't the boss.

I'm truly sick of the lot of them, I would be happy to see the majority of our team just wiped out in the summer, because they are a shambles. People said that Rafa had taken us as far as he could and had to go, well some of these players have gone as far as they can with us, they are so stale it's unreal.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #11: Oct 17, 2010 08:44:26 pm
      I think as well many players are 'confused' by Roy's tactics.  Under Rafa, everyone had a job, an area to close down.  Roy wants the team to sit deep and not press the opposition.  So when the team is being overrun in midfield the natural inclination is to pressure the opposition, but then they realise they've been told not to so then have to stand off again..........

Not the full story (e.g. dressing room divisions) but I think a contributing factor.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #12: Oct 17, 2010 08:45:00 pm

Yes, and we sat off - no pressing, no pressure on the ball or their players, and that's down to hodgson, because that's how he sets his teams up.
      Sit back, wait til a defender gets the chance to hoof it, and then hope the striker can get on the end of it or hold it up.

It's no wonder they got their tails up - you play deep and invite the pressure, the opposition are ALWAYS going to get a boost from that.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Oct 17, 2010 08:46:02 pm
      Bad Form?

LFC =  Reina  Gerrard  Carra  Cole  Torres.

Sell the f**king rest of them.

Next problemo?
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #14: Oct 17, 2010 08:49:12 pm
      Bad Form?

LFC =  Reina  Gerrard  Carra  Cole  Torres.

Sell the f**king rest of them.

Next problemo?
      Would keep Agger mate. An Raul, think he looks a decent player. Rest of them? F***ing terrible.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #15: Oct 17, 2010 08:50:49 pm
      And bring Aquilani back.  Tomorrow.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      Reply #16: Oct 17, 2010 08:58:57 pm
      Reina, Agger Raul, Gerrard and Torres, the rest are useless, and no manager is going to improve the rest they are average, and i ain't a fan of Hodgson
      redglen
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 17, 2010 09:31:40 pm
      its the players and the manager and two wrongs aint making it right
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #18: Oct 17, 2010 09:35:55 pm
      New manager is needed. also the players should be told they will be playing to keep their jobs from now till january end of story
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #19: Oct 17, 2010 09:44:10 pm
      Reina, Agger Raul, Gerrard and Torres, the rest are useless, and no manager is going to improve the rest they are average, and i ain't a fan of Hodgson

+ Pacheco and Cole
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,277 posts | 930 
      Reply #20: Oct 17, 2010 09:47:09 pm
      Cole needs a kick up the arse
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 17, 2010 09:55:13 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Oct 17, 2010 09:57:11 pm
      As i've just said to PT.

@RedLFCBlood  Mike Hunt
      @paul_tomkins Much to our detriment, at present I've never seen a Liverpool side play so deep and afford other teams so much time & space.

^^ that comes down to tactics not the players.

Roy sets his teams up to sit off the opposition and to let them break us down when not in possession.

Rafa set his teams up to put pressure on the ball.

Roy Hodson's win percentage in the Premier League so far (all clubs) 25.5%. Rafa's win percentage in the Premier League 55%.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #23: Oct 17, 2010 10:12:24 pm
      Sorry mate, but I lay all the blame on the manager.

Sure, its the players job to perform, but surely its the managers job to motivate the players to perform as well.

"Experts" keep blaming it on Rafas squad and that he had "lost the dressing room", bollocks. Even if Rafa had lost the dressing room, the team were still putting in fair performances (basically the same team we have now) compared to this sack of sh*t were having to watch now. Hodgson must be speaking a totally F***ing different language because the players just look lost.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #24: Oct 17, 2010 10:14:19 pm
      The players have got to take some responsibility.  They were playing piss poor under Rafa last year and more of the same this year.  I hoped for the best from Roy but I now think Roy is on borrowed time - I dont think he knows how to turn things around and not sure I trust who he'd buy in the Jan transfer window. 

Seriously think King Kenny will be back (no other "world class manager available/better/would come to do a difficult job).
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Oct 17, 2010 10:32:45 pm
      On the day it's down to the players, but essentialy it is up to management to motivate the players, send them out with proper tactics, instructions etc.

In a week when certain manager's motivation techniques came into question, it's up to Roy to take a look at his methods of motivation.

Maybe, just maybe though, Gerrard should call in a team meeting and see what's happening, ease out any troubles. It certainly in harder to gain form that lose it
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 17, 2010 11:32:46 pm
      Whats going on behind closed doors at Anfield, so many players under performing. Only Gerrard is playing anything close to his normal self, the rest look lost, ok some of this is down to Roy Hodgsons tactics, some down to the recent unrest. But a large slice must go down to how the players go about there job. The was a time when wearing the Red shirt was a honnor. Looking like to many are here for an easy paycheck  :mad:

dont worry about it mate, LFC.tv will post up pictures of the lads in training and they'll all have smiles on there faces and be luaghing and joking with roy. everything is fine.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #27: Oct 17, 2010 11:40:33 pm
      I have to agree with the fact that the manager does not have the ability to motivate his players or the tactical understanding.... I think our players are struggling to cope the the negative mindset that Hodgson brings to the table....
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #28: Oct 18, 2010 12:20:02 am
      Tezmac made a good point earlier and was trying to get across that the Everton players wanted it more. His comment referred to a 50-50 ball, a 50-50 ball has nothing to do with tactics and everything to do with will, desire, tenacity and passion. Nobody is doubting that Roy's tactics are useless, it doesn't excuse the players lack of fight and spirit though. We need a complete overhaul, from the top to the bottom.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: Oct 18, 2010 12:21:54 am
      I don't think it's just bad form anymore. This has been the way we've been playing practically the last 18 months. Something is terribly wrong with the mindset and put in the sh*te tactics, you get a performance worse than a championship team.

I think there are a few things which contributes to it. Firstly, our new manager isn't that very positive in terms of tactics and such. Secondly, I think last season made a big impact on the players. Losing one star player last season was bad, and then we lost another important one this season. But the thing is, they can't let that get to their heads. They get on with it.

I still think the secret of the downfall is in the midfield pairing. Doesn't anyone realise that in almost every game, it's the top six players that are hardly in the game/don't see much action.

Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and Steven Gerrard formed the midfield trinity which was IMO, the best group of players in the world at that time. Now, only one of them is left. The other two have not been replaced but just other players being reshuffled into their 'roles'.

How many times last season did we play good football when Gerrard and Aquilani were both on the pitch at the same time? Burnley and Portsmouth were two but yea, two weak teams but both were wins and team confidence grow from that, no matter who you beat. Yeah, this season, Meireles and Gerrard have been played in the same team but it's always never both of them in the centre. Fair enough, Aquilani and Gerrard were never played centrally together but that's because we had Mascherano, who is twice the players both Lucas and Poulsen combined.

It isn't going work if Meireles is played right. It isn't going to work if Gerrard is played in the hole because, to be honest, that doesn't and will never work anymore because of the players behind them both. The Gerrard-Torres is a dangerous partnership but it will only work as good as the players behind them. Notice how the 'wide' players have to drift in often? Notice how isolated Torres is all the time and sometimes Gerrard?

We are being dominated in the centre by teams whom we should be dominating. We don't win midfield battles anymore. We lose the ball too often and it's the centre that usually connects the defence to the attack and to keep the ball because they are the centre part of the team. And to make the centre be used to their full potential, you put two players who are beasts at doing what they do best there, I.e. Gerrard and Meireles. Both can spot passes, space and are technically gifted. They don't probably defend very well as Mascherano but that won't be that of an importance if they have done their job and the team is leading comfortably.

We don't even create to score a single goal, how can we expect to come back when we're losing or to even score more than two? One win in eight games says it all and in most of the games we didn't win, we thoroughly deserved to have lost.

Fact is, NESV or Hicks and Gillett, Hodgson or Rafa, Alonso or Lucas, any team with any players selected should be able to play football as a team, keeping strings of passes together. And with the likes of Gerrard, Meireles, Torres, Cole and more, we obviously expect much, much more from these set of players but they don't seem to recognise each other on the pitch and can't play football to save their lives. On the other hand, Blackpool and Sunderland showed that we don't deserve to even be in the Premier League, let alone a title winner because with the way we are playing, we are the worst team in the league.

I know I wrote alot about the formation and all and nothing on Hodgson because they are related in a way. I've already said about Hodgson and this will be the last time. He has tried certain tactics and they don't seem to work and yet he persists with the same sh*te the next game. That's one of my criticism of him so far.

It's just so heartbreaking to see my Liverpool team, yeah, the one that finished 2nd and played the best football I've ever seen, the one which won in 5 times in Istanbul and I could go on and on. Now, those days just seem so far away.  :f_wah:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #30: Oct 18, 2010 12:24:43 am
      our gameplan is sh*t and you can tell it is the one strangling us. what a joke it is.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #31: Oct 18, 2010 12:32:44 am
      Sorry mate, but I lay all the blame on the manager.

Sure, its the players job to perform, but surely its the managers job to motivate the players to perform as well.

"Experts" keep blaming it on Rafas squad and that he had "lost the dressing room", bollocks. Even if Rafa had lost the dressing room, the team were still putting in fair performances (basically the same team we have now) compared to this sack of sh*t were having to watch now. Hodgson must be speaking a totally f**king different language because the players just look lost.
      agree the manager is w*nk
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #32: Oct 18, 2010 12:56:01 am
      Clearly a tactical problem today and last game as well
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #33: Oct 18, 2010 12:58:18 am
      Come on. Just get a win already :f_wah:
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: Oct 18, 2010 02:51:36 am
      It's fine changing a team but first you have to make sure that players are comfortable where they play, Merieles should always be in the center as that's where he is at his best , Gerrard should always be in the hole and Agger who by the way is one of the best center half's in England and he either sticks him at left back(where he don't like it) or on the bench, if we are not careful we'll lose him.

All successful teams close down early and sometimes you win the game in the first 30mins because of that, where has our closing down gone, under Rafa it was their from the start of every match and it often made sure we did not give an early goal away, but RH don't or has not put a team out to date where I remember us closing teams down. I never wanted RH here but he has had nearly 3 months with this team now and he has brought in new players and only one is what I'd call a Liverpool player, where has Joe Cole gone please give us back Beniyoun I'd also prefer Insua to Koncheski, we are really short on quality and one player who we never got to see was full of quality and what does RH do he sends out AQualini on loan for a year, I did heard Juve are ready to buy him in the Jan window, must be a bad player.

So as I see it we have a relegation fight on our hands and all because Purslow wanted a change. We need a manager and their are a few dam good ones out there who understand football from a different angle to RH and they are not so negative in the way teams are set up.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 263 
      Reply #35: Oct 18, 2010 05:48:32 am
      Oh come on for fks sake they are all professional football players who we would all swap places with given the chance and WE would all give 200% commitment every game, the lack of commitment is not down to the manager all the players need to take a long hard look at themselves and start wearing the red shirt with pride.
      Sorry mate but I can't get it, what kind of commitment you want to see if players received wrong instructions from coach/manager who didn't know what he doing ? Many in this forum said wisely that formation Roy used now it desperate need Xabi type player at deep-lying playmaker, Xabi left and Aquilani expected to replace him but now Roy asked Lucas to do Xabi's job. Without that world best quality passes and creating of chances, who can do effective attack. Once opposition realized we can't attack it's a turn for our defense to face the hell, especially we miss player like Masch and got Poulsen to protect defensive line which can do best on head-smashing to their team mates.
      Another example for Agger, we have a very good CB who try to help team attack (he know well than Roy attack is to win game not sit back) but Roy not like and dropped him so I cannot ask players to commit to the destructive way.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #36: Oct 18, 2010 08:38:32 am
      We need to put a plug on our bad performances before we are left with absolutely no European football at all for next season,now that is a scary thought.The only way to do that is to show the door to Hodgson as he is completely clueless about the whole situation and I don't think he knows how to change the scheme of things and get us firing again.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #37: Oct 18, 2010 08:57:01 am
      I have to admint that i think its a massive mixture of both, Hodgeson being sh*te and the players not performing.

Hodgson thinks we have been "unlucky" F**k off you dosile tw*t, we have been sh*te.

But i still dont see the drive and passion even if we are playing the wrong team or tactics, we've lost to F***ing northampton, blackpool,utd, man city, everton....its utter ahite and players have to start looking at themselves.

i just wish i could have a private conversation with stevie and find out what he thinks is wrong!!!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #38: Oct 18, 2010 08:57:48 am

The players have got to take some responsibility.  They were playing piss poor under Rafa last year and more of the same this year.  I hoped for the best from Roy but I now think Roy is on borrowed time - I dont think he knows how to turn things around and not sure I trust who he'd buy in the Jan transfer window.  

Seriously think King Kenny will be back (no other "world class manager available/better/would come to do a difficult job).

The promising thing is that NESV keep reiterating that they will listen to the fans so surely Roy is half way gone already?

Regarding taking on a "difficult job", I disagree. Now that H&G are gone we can attract a top class manager regardless of our current position. I can say with 100% certainty that whoever comes in to replace Roy will look superb in comparison - their results couldn't possibly be any worse.
      What manager wouldn't jump at the chance to join a prestigious club with new owners and be given the opportunity to build a team a round a very strong spine of reina, agger, gerrard & torres with a ready strong subs bench comprising of meireles, cole, aurelio, kuyt etc
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #39: Oct 18, 2010 10:56:11 am
      The worrying thing for me is that I don't think we have the players to battle and get us out of the hole we are in , Robbie Fowler said something yesterday that was damning which was the Leeds team that he was in that got relegated were a better side than this Liverpool side .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #40: Oct 18, 2010 11:14:53 am
      The worrying thing for me is that I don't think we have the players to battle and get us out of the hole we are in , Robbie Fowler said something yesterday that was damning which was the Leeds team that he was in that got relegated were a better side than this Liverpool side .

But the actual question with those words was by that tw*t Richard Keys and I personally think he's talking sh*t. With our proper manager, we'd of twatted that Leeds team all over the shop.

And as for that c**t Redknapp, how the F**k can he start slagging ANY midfielder off I don't know, he's one of the biggest shitbags we've had as a midfielder and as for "our" he can F***ing do one, stick to sticking up for your arl fella or your cousin you overhyped F***ing crab!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #41: Oct 18, 2010 12:33:22 pm
      3 changes have to be made for me and they are roy,carra & gerrard need moving on.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #42: Oct 18, 2010 12:35:25 pm
      Why Stevie? and why Carra? i know jamie hasnt had the best of seasons but he doesnt deserve moving on, Stevie is our best of a sh*t bunch this season...only Roy i would agree with
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #43: Oct 18, 2010 12:44:55 pm
      Why Stevie? and why Carra? I know jamie hasnt had the best of seasons but he doesnt deserve moving on, Stevie is our best of a sh*t bunch this season...only Roy I would agree with

In life you get what you put in and carra & stevie wanted rafa out they supported the arrival of woy while both were very silent on rafa's departure,both are sh*t from last season and this season they look worse thanks to woy.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #44: Oct 18, 2010 12:49:02 pm
      well i suppose we are all entitled to our own opinion, but stevie and carra would be last out/not at all, i think there is lost more sh*te to go first like poulsen, Lucas, maxi (sorry i just dont think he's good enough) Babel, konchesky.

I never envisaged roy being so deluded, but F**k me..he really is useless, deluded, stupid and lacking any respect for the club if he thinks we are not in a crisis...
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 20, 2010 12:13:20 am

RH should just resign himself then getting the sack. His CV would look better at least.
      But it's likely due to contract that getting sack the club going to give him more $, so liekly just waiting out.

Lets just play likle a desparate team going for the win from now on. no point playing defensive where ur only 6 points 8 games. start to attack now ffs, like hungry wolves.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #46: Oct 20, 2010 12:31:43 am
      3 changes have to be made for me and they are roy,carra & gerrard need moving on.

I'd keep Stevie.  I think without Carra, he'd be more focused on his job and not trying to run the club.  I think Carra has FAR too much influence and I wouldn't be surprised if he was picking the team for Roy.  I'm sure he has alienated a lot of the other players with his influence and his stance towards Rafa - many of whom Rafa brought in and developed into better players (and he can include himself in that).

I'm not sure what he has done this and last season to warrant a two year extension to be honest (runs for cover now  ;D)
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #47: Oct 20, 2010 01:32:12 am
      Bit out of left field but i really think we are missing Aquilani

imagine a midfield with

Kuyt Meireles Aquilani Cole

Gerrard

If that midfield isn't one to steamroll "weaker" opponents then what is?

Quick Reply