Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Is the dressing room really fractured?

Read 5946 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Re: Is the dressing room really fractured?
      Reply #23: Oct 18, 2010 07:20:18 pm
      It's not only more ball work hughs gets the Fulham players to work on, Murphy also said he get's them to play higher up the pitch and attack and get at teams more. In the later stages of Rafa's reign, you have to agree, we  were too defensive in mid field, well we are even more so now under Roy. He seems to have taken on board what Raffa was doing, and taken it ten steps backwards. Fukcing woefull at times. Most of the time actually. It's no wonder there is friction in the dessing room.

I think he shares outlook and philosophy with Houllier more than Rafa..... ie sit deep and counter attack.  If that doesn't work..... plan b is.... there is no plan b.

And as for the 'scouse accent' comment that is just mental.  It's surely a joke (I hope).
      LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Oct 18, 2010 07:25:20 pm
      Roy's made mistakes but none so drastic to deserve where he is now. But you know his biggest problem to most of us. It's cos he's a cockney isn't it. If he spoke in a Scouse accent he wouldn't be getting so much stick and the blame would be shared much more evenly with the players. That's the problem - and it's rather shallow.

Rafas cockney accent pissed me right off. What are you on about? When has anyone disliked or referenced any LFC manager because of his accent or place of birth.

The man's where he is because he's as tactically astute as my missus, ask her about tactics and she says she "likes the minty ones".
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Oct 18, 2010 07:32:45 pm
      Been hard pressed this season to tell the poor players & the 'supposedly' better players apart.
      I can see where your coming from my Trekkie friend, no one has stood out anywhere so far this season, but the 'supposedly' better players tend to have that  'Bouncbackability'  in there locker, where as the poorer players do not.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #26: Oct 18, 2010 07:34:12 pm
      I can see where your coming from my Trekkie friend, no one has stood out anywhere so far this season, but the 'supposedly' better players tend to have that  'Bouncbackability'  in there locker, where as the poorer players do not.

Exactly!
      The fantastic players we have will always come back to form sooner or later, whereas others- what we are seeing is as good as they are capable of!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #27: Oct 18, 2010 07:36:11 pm
      There will always be this kind of issue when your losing... I know people talk about a seige mentality, but with a weak manager this wont happen!

Is there a split, was there last season? I reakon there is and it all starts with the manager not managing. Last season we had at least one want away star, before that a few... This kind of attitude will do that to players. Especially as we are going backwards and the players that have moved (high profile ones anyway) are at clubs moving forward.

Unless we remove Roy and the deadwood we are in trouble and this will continue.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #28: Oct 18, 2010 07:38:04 pm
      Please dont compare us to Chelsea- I know what your saying,
      but chelsea players are patting eachothers backs & bigging eachother up in the press- because they are winning!
      Why not compare us to Chelsea? They are where we want to be. Of course I'm going to compare, but I get the feeling that all the Chelsea players there go onto the pitch not wanting to let their team-mates down. Our players don't go out with that attitude and it's a F***ing disgrace.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Oct 18, 2010 07:41:48 pm
      YES.

Three fachts.

1 WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC

2 WE ARE IN THE RELEGATION ZONE

3 SOMETHING IS VERY VERY WRONG
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30: Oct 18, 2010 07:44:29 pm
       I do not know about the dressing room being fractured but the way we are playing we should be in the Intensive Care Unit.(that is the players and manager I refer to)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #31: Oct 18, 2010 07:44:38 pm
      Exactly!
      The fantastic players we have will always come back to form sooner or later, whereas others- what we are seeing is as good as they are capable of!
      Trouble being our fantastic players Ms Torres are very in short supply with age being on the wrong side of 25yrs, hopefully the new owners will  remedy in the next couple of windows
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #32: Oct 18, 2010 07:47:37 pm
      How Roy can take any positives from this and not realise we have a huge problem is beyond me!

I dont think the dressing room is fractured, i mean they are all frustrated so emotions are high- hence the arguing on the pitch!
      So many players under-performing, but at the end of the day, they are following instructions from Roy- and its not working!

I recon they feel the exact same way we do, ROY OUT!
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #33: Oct 18, 2010 07:50:26 pm
      yes very much so, between the class and the underclass.....Pepe,Carra,Agger,Skirtl,Gerrard,Cole, Kuyt, Meireles and Torres being class, the rest are IMO, not near good enough, Simples!!

Completely agree with that list - though until we can sell him and recoup our money, I would add Johnson (he does have ability going forward AND fills our "homegrown" quota).  Obviously without a strong midfield, his oft defensive frailities are exposed BUT I wouldnt sell him when there are so few quality fullbacks out there.  And defence is not where I would immediately strenghten (wings, striker and midfield).  Cant expect a miracle in January!!!!  

Out of the youngsters, I would also keep Martin Kelly, Pecheco and Ngog.  

EVERYONE ELSE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND SHD BE SHIPPED OUT.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 18, 2010 07:52:15 pm
      YES.

Three fachts.

1 WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC

2 WE ARE IN THE RELEGATION ZONE

3 SOMETHING IS VERY VERY WRONG

FACT NO 4 - my heart is breaking. Our beloved club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #35: Oct 18, 2010 08:06:23 pm
      Completely agree with that list - though until we can sell him and recoup our money, I would add Johnson (he does have ability going forward AND fills our "homegrown" quota).  Obviously without a strong midfield, his oft defensive frailities are exposed BUT I wouldnt sell him when there are so few quality fullbacks out there.  And defence is not where I would immediately strenghten (wings, striker and midfield).  Cant expect a miracle in January!!!! 

Out of the youngsters, I would also keep Martin Kelly, Pecheco and Ngog. 

EVERYONE ELSE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH AND SHD BE SHIPPED OUT.
      I agree with the young guns you mentioned Zeus, i never mentioned them because they are the future along with Amoo, Shelvey, Wilson, etc etc, but to me Johnson has to get his finger out of his arse, after all he is a England international and should alot better than he has shown to date.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #36: Oct 18, 2010 09:05:55 pm
      When Rafa first arrived the first thing he realised was that there was a divide in the dressingroom. The English players were always together, as were the French and so on. I suspect the same thing is happening now. Certain players wanted an English manager, and they have got their way. Certain players have wanted to play in a particular position, and others have wanted to be picked to play every week. You only have to watch the lack of spirit that exists in the team, it seaping out of every pour. Both Gerrard and Carragher have had a go at Nando, recently, with Nando biting back yesterday.

Also just been on rawk, and there is a rumour that Pepe is not too happy at the moment, and has made his feelings clear.  All in all I would say we have a very unhappy dressing room. So much for everything being  better if Rafa left.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #37: Oct 18, 2010 09:09:03 pm
      I'm not sure the dressing room is fractured, I personally just think there's a huge lack of confidence running right through the team at the moment.

Players are scared to try anything different or something new, in case they get slated for it, we don't know what RH is saying to them before a game, but their body language tells me something ain't right.

I'm certain two or three wins on the trot will boost morale and we'll see a different team.

Remember we're not used to languishing at the bottom of the table, this is foreign to us. But we need to do something and quick !!!!

Spot on there MsG.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #38: Oct 18, 2010 09:11:25 pm
      Also just been on rawk, and there is a rumour that Pepe is not too happy at the moment, and has made his feelings clear.   

If Pepe decides to leave, along with Torres we are in deep sh*t
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #39: Oct 18, 2010 09:26:20 pm

I know I'm just hoping this nothing but a rumour, there seem to be many doing the rounds atm. Trouble is when you see the players out there, it is very hard to dismiss anything out of hand. But it does not alter my long held opinion that some of our players hold too much power at the club.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #40: Oct 18, 2010 09:30:54 pm
      My hearts f***in fractured.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #41: Oct 18, 2010 09:46:50 pm
      Players need to earn their massive paychecks. End of story.  We don't pay them to like each other. If they can't get along and they can't play.  Grow a pair and play your ass off. 
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #42: Oct 18, 2010 11:04:41 pm

This could be part of the (hopefully unlikely) plan, to let them leave and then fill the team with english players to make the ones running the show happy?  Roy has said nothing publicly about the form of any English players has he?  But has said Torres lacks confidence (really?) and Reina needs to be more English!

Just a thought.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #43: Oct 18, 2010 11:05:48 pm
      This could be part of the (hopefully unlikely) plan, to let them leave and then fill the team with english players to make the ones running the show happy?  Roy has said nothing publicly about the form of any English players has he?  But has said Torres lacks confidence (really?) and Reina needs to be more English!

Just a thought.

Like a Fulham mark two perhaps?
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #44: Oct 18, 2010 11:08:48 pm
      If it comes down to it: Gerrard and Carra vs Torres and Reina, it's a no brainer for me.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #45: Oct 18, 2010 11:11:02 pm
      If it comes down to it: Gerrard and Carra vs Torres and Reina, it's a no brainer for me.

Personally, I think if you remove the main protagonist things might improve.  Trouble is he's just signed a contract extension.  Maybe too much power & influence has affected him I don't know.  I am sure though a new boss and some bench time might make him think.

Quick Reply