Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Is the dressing room really fractured?

Read 5980 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Is the dressing room really fractured?
      Oct 18, 2010 05:43:04 pm
      I've noticed, and from last season too, that there is and has been talk of a dressing room divide.  Does anyone think that is the case and if so, where the divide is and if it is affecting the team in any way.  I would think if anything, there are some players who wanted Rafa to stay and others who felt they were working them too hard (and let that be known in various ways).  If that is the case, then the news that one certain player has now got a longer contract may be more of a hindrance than anything.

We all know the main problem is the tactics and the mentality of the current manager, but I think it is a point worth considering as any new manager is going to have to deal with this.

LFCexiled
      Re: Is the dressing room really fractured?
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2010 05:46:13 pm
      Oh to be a fly on the wall.

It'll become apparent whether there is or not when Hodgson leaves. Can i suggest we start there and let the new manager deal with any 'splits' if they exist.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: Oct 18, 2010 05:47:03 pm
      There's still something wrong somewhere in there. At least all this sh*te has proved our problems lay far deeper than Benitez, which is where everyone put the problems last season. Him leaving was meant to be the catalyst for improvement, according to the fickle minded. Obviously that was not the case.

Hodgson playing sh*te football would have to be part of it. None of the players out there look like they have any idea as to what they are meant to be doing - which will obviously lead to some friction at times.

I dunno if it is fractured or divided, but they certainly aren't 100% happy either.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Oct 18, 2010 05:52:24 pm
      On the football I've seen us play this season plus the body language of the players, I'd say there's problems there.

It's worrying when you see players arguing with each other ten minutes into a game. That is not something that was born on the pitch moments before.

Whatever differences there are in the dressing room, the players have a duty to the fans to work hard together to get out of this terrible situation.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4: Oct 18, 2010 05:54:50 pm

it would appear to be so and a strong manager would sniff it out and sort it as would a strong capt. But the only way to resolve all problems is to win that would bring everyone together.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #5: Oct 18, 2010 06:20:42 pm
      Mentioned it before. I'm absolutely convinced that there is massive divides in our dressing room. You look at our team and you don't see any players who could be mates off the pitch apart from Stevie, Carra and Pepe. Nando and Pepe. But who else could you possibly look at and say, 'yeah them two are dead close'.

And more than that, there are certain players in their who I don't believe like each other, and they are taking that onto the pitch. Carra is defo a two faced b***ard, so blatant, and I'm sure we have all been around a two-faced person before, it does your F***ing head in. Especially when the person carries as much influence as Carra does in the dressing room and with the fans. How can a player even consider confronting him, when it will be turned on him? Unless your another big superstar like Nando or Stevie your not going to.

Team chemistry plays a massive role in all sports, there is science to support it, but we ain't got any. Look at Chelsea, their players are always out in the press praising each other, always stand by each other etc. Need to get rid of a load of the dead wood, because with the current set of players I see us going nowhere.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Oct 18, 2010 06:25:43 pm
      I'm not sure the dressing room is fractured, I personally just think there's a huge lack of confidence running right through the team at the moment.

Players are scared to try anything different or something new, in case they get slated for it, we don't know what RH is saying to them before a game, but their body language tells me something ain't right.

I'm certain two or three wins on the trot will boost morale and we'll see a different team.

Remember we're not used to languishing at the bottom of the table, this is foreign to us. But we need to do something and quick !!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Oct 18, 2010 06:29:27 pm
      yes very much so, between the class and the underclass.....Pepe,Carra,Agger,Skirtl,Gerrard,Cole, Kuyt, Meireles and Torres being class, the rest are IMO, not near good enough, Simples!!
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 18, 2010 06:33:13 pm
      Totally agree with Ms Gerrard, the players look unsure of what they are meant to be doing, and consequently are scared of making mistakes. The blame for this must lay at the feet of Hodgson either he can't communicate properly, or the players are half thinking these tactics are not going to work. Iwould guess that there is not a split in the dressing room at moment, but there sure as hell will be, if Roy isn't down the job centre by middle of Nov at the latest
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #9: Oct 18, 2010 06:39:14 pm
      Mentioned it before. I'm absolutely convinced that there is massive divides in our dressing room. You look at our team and you don't see any players who could be mates off the pitch apart from Stevie, Carra and Pepe. Nando and Pepe. But who else could you possibly look at and say, 'yeah them two are dead close'.

And more than that, there are certain players in their who I don't believe like each other, and they are taking that onto the pitch. Carra is defo a two faced b***ard, so blatant, and I'm sure we have all been around a two-faced person before, it does your f**king head in. Especially when the person carries as much influence as Carra does in the dressing room and with the fans. How can a player even consider confronting him, when it will be turned on him? Unless your another big superstar like Nando or Stevie your not going to.

Team chemistry plays a massive role in all sports, there is science to support it, but we ain't got any. Look at Chelsea, their players are always out in the press praising each other, always stand by each other etc. Need to get rid of a load of the dead wood, because with the current set of players I see us going nowhere.

Please dont compare us to Chelsea- i know what your saying,
      but chelsea players are patting eachothers backs & bigging eachother up in the press- because they are winning!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #10: Oct 18, 2010 06:45:32 pm
      There was also the moment yesterday when Gerrard looked to Roy for instructions.  He appeared to be looking at the bench for 30 seconds or so.  Roy said nothing to him.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #11: Oct 18, 2010 06:50:23 pm
      There was also the moment yesterday when Gerrard looked to Roy for instructions.  He appeared to be looking at the bench for 30 seconds or so.  Roy said nothing to him.
      This.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #12: Oct 18, 2010 06:53:21 pm
      I think elmer fudd actually blanked him!

What Gerrard wanted was what you'd expect from any manager - we've brought a player on, what do we change.

Answer = nothing, just keep up with the same old sh*t.

Whatever about carra, I can't help feeling that after the intensive coaching of Benitez over the last few years, Gerrard is going to explode sooner or later, and probably a couple of others along with him.

I mean, come on, imagine telling one of the best keepers around to change his game and become "more english"?
      What kind of bollocks is that?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #13: Oct 18, 2010 06:58:26 pm
      yes very much so, between the class and the underclass.....Pepe,Carra,Agger,Skirtl,Gerrard,Cole, Kuyt, Meireles and Torres being class, the rest are IMO, not near good enough, Simples!!

Been hard pressed this season to tell the poor players & the 'supposedly' better players apart.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Oct 18, 2010 06:58:59 pm
      So many rumours about lack of harmony now.

I wouldn't be surprised. The fact is, the players look like they are not enjoying their football when it comes to competitive matches. All that smiles and laughs during training look like they were by a different team.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #15: Oct 18, 2010 06:59:41 pm
      Needs someone like Thommo to work with the players and sort out a few things ,we do have some class players that need a class coach /manager to get the best out of them ,the players certainly don't want to put in sh*te performances i'm sure so good coaching and someone to look after them i think would help
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #16: Oct 18, 2010 07:00:51 pm
      I think elmer fudd actually blanked him!

What Gerrard wanted was what you'd expect from any manager - we've brought a player on, what do we change.

Answer = nothing, just keep up with the same old sh*t.

Whatever about carra, I can't help feeling that after the intensive coaching of Benitez over the last few years, Gerrard is going to explode sooner or later, and probably a couple of others along with him.

I mean, come on, imagine telling one of the best keepers around to change his game and become "more english"?
      What kind of bollocks is that?

That is total bollocks telling Reina to change.  It's unacceptable and I only see it as alienating him so Roy can bring in an average keeper.

As for the training methods.  Something has changed.  I notice some of the Fulham players have come out and said Mark Hughes gets them to do more ball work than Roy.  I remember some Liverpool players saying the same when Rafa arrived after Houllier left. 

So now Jamie C has his english manager, I wonder if he now realises how good Rafa was?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #17: Oct 18, 2010 07:05:05 pm

And more than that, there are certain players in their who I don't believe like each other, and they are taking that onto the pitch. Carra is defo a two faced b***ard, so blatant, and I'm sure we have all been around a two-faced person before, it does your F***ing head in. Especially when the person carries as much influence as Carra does in the dressing room and with the fans. How can a player even consider confronting him, when it will be turned on him? Unless your another big superstar like Nando or Stevie your not going to.

I really agree with you here on the Carragher front.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Oct 18, 2010 07:05:53 pm
      And what manager doesn't play players who are technically gifted on the ball and don't like hoofing ...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Oct 18, 2010 07:06:58 pm
      Roy's made mistakes but none so drastic to deserve where he is now. But you know his biggest problem to most of us. It's cos he's a cockney isn't it. If he spoke in a Scouse accent he wouldn't be getting so much stick and the blame would be shared much more evenly with the players. That's the problem - and it's rather shallow.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #20: Oct 18, 2010 07:09:24 pm
      Roy's made mistakes but none so drastic to deserve where he is now. But you know his biggest problem to most of us. It's cos he's a cockney isn't it. If he spoke in a Scouse accent he wouldn't be getting so much stick and the blame would be shared much more evenly with the players. That's the problem - and it's rather shallow.

I couldn't care less where he's from.

He's clueless, he has consistently insulted the fans, and the traditions and history, and he has lied to us on more than one occasion.

He's a self serving stooge in my book, and where he's from has nothing to do with it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #21: Oct 18, 2010 07:09:38 pm
      Have you seem where we are in th eleague or watched any games?.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #22: Oct 18, 2010 07:14:11 pm
      It's not only more ball work hughs gets the Fulham players to work on, Murphy also said he get's them to play higher up the pitch and attack and get at teams more. In the later stages of Rafa's reign, you have to agree, we  were too defensive in mid field, well we are even more so now under Roy. He seems to have taken on board what Raffa was doing, and taken it ten steps backwards. Fukcing woefull at times. Most of the time actually. It's no wonder there is friction in the dessing room.

Quick Reply