Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

New Liverpool owner John Henry & NESV to spend 'wisely'

Read 6642 times
      Nissesixx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      • Liverpool has nothing to do with Texas
      Re: New Liverpool owner John Henry & NESV to spend 'wisely'
      Reply #46: Oct 19, 2010 02:17:06 pm
      There is spending wisely and then there is spending stupidly.

City at present are spending stupidly, buying everything they can get their hands on just for the sake of buying.

Chelsea spent crazy, they even bought players to stop others buying them. Now they can afford to spend wisely, but only because they they have eventually managed to get a team out of all the players they have bought.

We, I think, will not be given the pleasure of buying stupidly, simply as our owners are a group and not an individual who has money to burn on a luxury. Our owners may not be looking for a profit per-say, but they will not be spending for the sake of spending.

I think, we will have a new manager soon, as the players our current manager has bought are very poor. Once we have a new manager in, then will will know as to the caliber of player we will be looking for. But the £25m we will have that has been wasted on interest payments alone will be a huge bonus.

Only time will tell. But FIRST, unfortunately we need a new Manager.

totally agree. Still pissed Shitty got their hands on Silva though! >:(
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #47: Oct 19, 2010 03:57:58 pm
      £12.5m is the figure touted for Turan, £15 is being touted for Mata, £17m is being touted for Llorente thats £42.5m Minus the sale of Babel and Kuyt for around £20m that leaves £22.5m.

Personally I think if that happened in January we'd look a better team all together.

I'd love this to happen in January, but there's a snowballs chance in hell of us landing those players for that cheap.  Llorente alone will not go for less than 30 mil with the form he's been in for Bilbao and Spain!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #48: Oct 19, 2010 04:01:10 pm
      Spend it wisely, start by offering Moratti some dosh to get our Manager In Exile back, we're in Italy this week now would be a good time, get a deal done NOW!!

Let us dream again!!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #49: Oct 19, 2010 04:05:10 pm
      Start off with £3million and get shut of Roy that is probably the best £3million you will ever spend at Anfield.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #50: Oct 19, 2010 04:45:54 pm
      If Mr Henry wants to invest and make this club great and profitable to him then he has to buy top flight players that can generate revenue for the club and can compete with the rest. I,m expecting someone like Keisuke Honda to come in as this would generate revenue from Asia, a masive market to tap into, plus hes also a good player who could play behind the striker plus he is also a good defencive midfielder also. We also need some good wingers. Mata and Turan have been mentioned but I think Turan would be the easiest target. A top striker is a must as well. Expect some out goings aswell. Babel, Maxi and possibly Kuyt plus Poulson (i hope )
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #51: Oct 19, 2010 05:44:28 pm
      If Mr Henry wants to invest and make this club great and profitable to him then he has to buy top flight players that can generate revenue for the club and can compete with the rest. I,m expecting someone like Keisuke Honda to come in as this would generate revenue from Asia, a masive market to tap into, plus hes also a good player who could play behind the striker plus he is also a good defencive midfielder also. We also need some good wingers. Mata and Turan have been mentioned but I think Turan would be the easiest target. A top striker is a must as well. Expect some out goings aswell. Babel, Maxi and possibly Kuyt plus Poulson (I hope )

Honda is not a bad shout. I've been a fan of Turan for a while. He can play as striker but more crucially he can play as a geniune attacking wide player we desparately need.

Roy needs to go though. OUT OUT!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Oct 19, 2010 05:47:49 pm
      Honda would surely bring in the Japanese market for us...

Then get Banega so I can put that on my shirt. This would require him to have the number 69 though...

Quick Reply