Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Feyenoord beaten 10-0

Read 4536 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Feyenoord beaten 10-0
      Reply #23: Oct 25, 2010 12:48:37 pm
      What you make of Afellay Dexter do you think he would be a good signing for us.
      Yeah, he would be. I wouldn't pay alot of money for him though, but considering his contract is running out at the end of the season, on the cheap this winter or for free he'd be a brilliant signing. Can't see him coming here though, he prefers Spain and maybe even Italy too over the EPL. And I know Sneijder is putting in effort to make him come to Inter.
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2010 12:54:23 pm by Dexter »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Oct 25, 2010 12:54:52 pm
      Lot of talk linking him with Inter, he has mentioned us and Utd in an interview as teams he would like to play for. If he is free in the Summer surely around £4 million would be enough in January.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #25: Oct 25, 2010 12:56:11 pm
      When was that? I saw him on dutch tv this week saying what I just said, that he wants to go to Spain.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Oct 25, 2010 12:57:25 pm
      I saw direct quotes from him, I'll try and get them only saw them in the last couple of days, found them “Playing in the Premier League would be best for my prestige. I’d like to play for Liverpool or Manchester United, the top-level prospect for any player.”

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #27: Oct 25, 2010 01:01:58 pm
      I saw direct quotes from him, I'll try and get them only saw them in the last couple of days, found them “Playing in the Premier League would be best for my prestige. I’d like to play for Liverpool or Manchester United, the top-level prospect for any player.”
      The only thing I can find about that in dutch media is that he apparently told that to The S*n. I rather trust what I've seen him say myself.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #28: Oct 25, 2010 01:05:02 pm
      I'd like to believe it anyway would like to see him here.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #29: Oct 25, 2010 01:06:04 pm
      I'm not going to believe that shitrag just because they say something I like. ;) Like I said, in an interview on dutch tv after last week's game he was asked which country and competition he wants to go to, he was very clear on it being Spain because he prefers their technical style of play.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Oct 25, 2010 01:09:07 pm
      I hope so! Deep down i know he won't fit in our team like he would at say, Arsenal, but he is a superb player. Anything under 10m is a steal for him.

He said not long ago (could of been this past week) that he will leave in January so PSV get a good fee for him.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #31: Oct 25, 2010 01:10:22 pm
      When was that? I saw him on dutch tv this week saying what I just said, that he wants to go to Spain.

Simple solution tell he is going to Barca, fly him over in the dark to Liverpool get Pepe to wear a wig and meet him at the airport, get him to put pen to paper and its job done.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #32: Oct 25, 2010 01:14:16 pm
      I hope so! Deep down i know he won't fit in our team like he would at say, Arsenal, but he is a superb player. Anything under 10m is a steal for him.

He said not long ago (could of been this past week) that he will leave in January so PSV get a good fee for him.

Yeah, he said that he would cooperate with PSV for them to make a profit on him if they wish to. A small objection with him coming here is that I would prefer a proper winger over him. Afellay excels on central midfield more than on the wings.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Oct 25, 2010 01:14:22 pm
      Didn't get it off there mate it was on a few websites. Sure everyone wants to go to Barc and Real F**k sake how big are there squads
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #34: Oct 25, 2010 01:16:36 pm
      He doesn't see Barcelona and Real Madrid as viable options, just as long as it's a step up from PSV. His preference for Spain was more in the light of interest from Atletico Madrid, who have shown interest in him.

We're going completely offtopic here though, maybe this should be turned into the Dutch Eredivisie thread or something? :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Oct 25, 2010 01:19:54 pm
      He won't go Barca or Madrid. Mourinho said he doesn't want more players in the window and they sold VDV already in that position so i'd be surprised if he thought he needed another in that position. Barca...nahh.

Inter is feasible considering Rafa is having to use Biabiany consistently and Sneijder is there.

Afellay is a good fit for the Mancs but can they afford him?

Arsenal is the club for him IMO. He would fit in very well there. But i hope we snare him.

I had this conversation with you before Dexter, that i would take him on the left because he won't overtake Gerrard or Cole, but he'd be very good there for us. Not at his best, but still a very valuable player. Hopefully Babel fucks off in the other direction.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #36: Oct 25, 2010 01:27:58 pm
      Yeah, Sneijder has spoken out in dutch press about wanting to bring Afellay to Inter. Because they connect and understand each other on the field. He also said he recommended him to anyone important at Inter.

And I agree that he'd be a better option on the left for us, but I'd probably start him over Cole too in the middle. Afellay is the kind of player who does unexpected creative things, we really need that, and he's showing alot of growth lately.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Oct 25, 2010 01:33:02 pm
      Couldn't imagine he is a Hodgson player though saw more rumours today that he is still interested in Carlton Cole.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #38: Oct 26, 2010 06:38:57 pm
      was only 2-0 at HT?

Shocking!
      footballff
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #39: Nov 03, 2010 09:40:57 am
      Wow I was there at the match, I am also PSV Eindhoven fan and it was impressive how bad Feyenoord and how superior PSV was!

Even the video of the 10-0 defeat is now online on the biggest stadium video site:

http://www.stadiumzone.weebly.com

:O
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2010 09:44:16 am by Venison 86 »

Quick Reply