Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Reina + Torres to leave?

Read 8840 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reina + Torres to leave?
      Oct 28, 2010 08:26:28 am
      Exclusive: Torres and Reina ready to use secret escape clauses to quit Liverpool in January
      Published 23:59 27/10/10 By James Fletcher
      ‱    (36)
      ‱   
      Recommend (6)

Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina are ready to quit Liverpool in January thanks to secret escape clauses in their contracts.
      The Spain internationals made the get-out agreements with their Anfield bosses in the summer when they were persuaded to stay despite the departure of Spanish boss Rafa Benitez.
      Now Torres and Reina, key to Roy Hodgson’s attempts to steer the club away from the relegation zone, want out after promises of major team investment went unfulfilled.
      Mirror Sport understands the pair will tell the club in December they wish to leave, with Manchester City keen on ÂŁ50 million Torres and Manchester United and Arsenal pursuing ÂŁ20m Reina.

The double whammy will devastate Liverpool fans who hoped John W Henry’s purchase of the club would bring the glory days back to Anfield.
      Instead, the American has made it clear there will be no major spending in January, and with many players unhappy with the direction the club is taking under Hodgson, Torres and Reina are ready to make a move.
      Torres was talked into staying in the summer when a three man delegation flew to Madrid for secret talks with with the striker’s representatives on July 14 - three days after the World Cup Final.
      It is understood Torres lawyer Margarita Pilar Garay-Bret and Jose Antonio Martin were present at the meeting.
      One member of the delegation remained in Madrid to speak directly with Torres before returning to Liverpool confident the Spaniard would stay.
      Torres and Spanish teammate Reina - a powerful voice in the dressing room - were both poised to quit Liverpool at the time with Chelsea having tabled a ÂŁ50 million bid for Torres while Arsenal had offered ÂŁ20 million for Reina.
      Both were upset at the lack of investment, the club’s failure to secure Champions League status and the grim reality of their Premiership title hopes.
      Torres was eventually persuaded to remain at Liverpool after three days of talks - during which the delegation described in detail plans laid out specifically by Christian Purslow, the club’s chief executive who quit last week following the sale of the club.
      Torres was told the new owners - that were not identified to him - were in place and ‘days’ away from completing the Liverpool takeover.
      It is claimed he was told Roy Hodgson’s appointment was a temporary measure and a big name manager was already lined up - armed with a £100 million transfer kitty offered as a ‘quick fix’ to drag the club back on terms with Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.
      It is understood Liverpool planned to spend ÂŁ50 million in the summer with a further ÂŁ50 million available in January for targets no longer chasing Champions League ambitions.
      Torres and Reina reluctantly agreed to stay at Anfield - but only on condition they each had an escape clause written into their contracts.
      Mirror Sport can reveal the pair are now furious at the subsequent takeover - not directly with new American owner John W Henry or New England Sports Venture - but with the management team they feel misled them over the club’s future.
      Hodgson has been told there will be no marquee signings in the January transfer window leaving Torres and Reina feeling they have wasted a season.
      Insiders at Anfield fear that without Champions League qualification the club will struggle to make a profit - but crucially then have nothing to offer potential big name signings.
      Mirror Sport revealed on Tuesday that Reina has been targeted by Sir Alex Ferguson for a sensational switch to Manchester United - and that now could happen in January.
      Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will resume his quest to sign the keeper and the immediate lure of Champions League football will prove a massive draw for the World Cup winner.
      Torres will have his pick of clubs - even though the ‘big’ clubs very rarely make marquee signings in January because most major players are cup tied - thanks to Liverpool’s failure to qualify for this season’s Champions League.
      Representatives of Torres and Reina did not respond to attempts to contact them yesterday.

Mirror seem to know a lot about us dont they!
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Re: Reina + Torres to leave?
      Reply #1: Oct 28, 2010 08:30:53 am
      Negative press = Agenda against us.

Sorry Brian mate, but was it really worth a thread?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2: Oct 28, 2010 08:32:15 am
      dont believe a word of it, it is the mirror afterall.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 28, 2010 08:35:59 am
      Get a proper story to report on you poor excuse of a man james fletcher
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #4: Oct 28, 2010 08:39:08 am
      grow a pair mirror
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 28, 2010 08:39:22 am
      WHAT A LOAD OF BULL  :f_steam:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,392 posts | 1025 
      Reply #6: Oct 28, 2010 08:40:59 am
      I'll believe it when Torres and Reina stand in front of a camera and speak the words themselves.

Can't say I could blame them though !

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      Reply #7: Oct 28, 2010 08:47:15 am
      Negative press = Agenda against us.

Sorry Brian mate, but was it really worth a thread?

Aye I think it deserves a thread. I know why your asking but I believe we should keep an eye on everything printed about the club. Everyday there seems to be something in the back pages about us. How the fook do the mirror know whats in the lads contracts?

Not a quote in sight backing it up. Its a joke. Seems to me because we havent said were signing Messi, Kaka and Eto that the lads arent happy and want out!!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 28, 2010 09:09:20 am
      Didn't even read the article as I am confident it is bullsh@t.

Had the take-over not happened then I may have seen some cogency in the piece but I strongly believe they both have an insight into the future and it is positive.

The future's bright..the future's RED!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Oct 28, 2010 09:46:31 am
      I hope there is no truth in this, would be worrying even with NESV in charge they don't think we will compete. Please god make Hodgson be gone by then or I could see them going.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2010 09:51:31 am
      Another stir in the big old sh*t can by the media.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2010 09:57:17 am
      Everyone's laughing this off or calling it sh*t but let's be honest if Roy stays beyond January our best players will leave without a doubt.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2010 09:58:01 am
       The secret escape clauses in their contracts cannot be very secret if James Fletcher knows about them.What a load of garbage.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #13: Oct 28, 2010 10:00:20 am
      Posted in Pepe's thread but thought I'd add in here:

Sounds like Hodgson is trying to up his game, his words seem measured. A bit more training in live interviews wouldn't go amiss.

Liverpool FC boss Roy Hodgson tells Man United: Hands off Pepe Reina

Oct 28 2010 by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

ROY HODGSON today told any clubs considering making a move for Pepe Reina: don’t bother wasting your time.

The Liverpool keeper was linked with Manchester United earlier this week, with reports saying Alex Ferguson has identified Reina as the man he wants to replace Edwin van der Sar.

Arsenal are also known to be keen admirers of a player who has become an iconic figure on The Kop since he joined the Reds from Villarreal in the summer of 2005. Hodgson, though, is not in the least bit flustered by the fact that some are casting envious glances at Reina because he has made it emphatically clear the Spaniard is not for sale.

Reina, who has been tipped by both Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher as being a potential future Liverpool captain, only signed a new six-year deal in April.

That makes reports claiming he could be prised from Liverpool for ÂŁ12m fanciful but, as Hodgson points out, there is no figure that he would even consider doing business.

“It (Reina to United) was just one of those stories that seems to occur – it’s just disappointing and annoying,” said Hodgson. “Pepe is fantastic here, he is a lifeblood of this team.

“Everything he does around the club is excellent – he is always lively in the dressing room, he is always first class in training and he always wants to do more to improve.

“He demands better from those around him, he is always pushing people on. He is a player who we hold in the highest esteem.

“We have heard nothing from Manchester United and, more to the point, we don’t want to hear anything from Manchester United.

“If (Alex) Ferguson is looking around at the end of the season and he has got lots of money to replace van der Sar, he might very well want Pepe Reina because he is the best around.

“But we do not want to sell him. I would like to think that we are going to become a successful club once again and Pepe is crucial to that.”

Hodgson’s comments last week in Naples that he feared United would chase Fernando Torres if Wayne Rooney left caused many Liverpool supporters to furrow their brows.

The manager, though, has clarified what he meant and reiterated that he wants to build a successful Liverpool team that includes, Torres, Reina, Gerrard and many more star talents.

“We want to promise the players we have got here that we are going to be up there fighting once again and we are absolutely not looking to sell any of our better players,” said Hodgson.

“But, equally, I would also be disappointed if teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and all the teams with money were not looking at our players.

“If I was Fernando Torres, I would expect every top club in Europe to be chasing me. That’s good as it means he’s doing his job. But we don’t need the money and we don’t want to sell.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/10/28/liverpool-fc-boss-roy-hodgson-tells-manchester-united-hands-off-pepe-reina-100252-27556745/2/#ixzz13dsEX5KP
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #14: Oct 28, 2010 10:01:39 am
      I think there is something deeply worrying in this.  Yes, the story is exaggerated (a lot), but we have all guessed that Reina and Torres are not particularly happy with Roy (and Torres, all the broken promises about investment).  So we have reasons for them possibly wanting to leave.

The article has thrown in the usual crap about where they might go, which is speculation.  However, I am worried they might leave and that would be a catastrophe.  If the current malaise continues (aside from 70 mins of a performance) I would expect these rumours to intensify.  No smoke without fire as they say.

Note to NESV:  Please do not let two world class players leave our club.  You know what you have to do!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #15: Oct 28, 2010 10:07:03 am
      YAWN!

Their other 'exclusive' this week is Reina to Manure for ÂŁ12m. Slow news day so they re-print it with the now familiar 'Torres to leave' slant.

Maybe the manc cu*ts should look at their favourite teams true transfer targets this summer; Another portuguese tramp, another useless midfield player and debt repayment, debt repayment and Wayne's new contract.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #16: Oct 28, 2010 10:10:50 am
      Can't really blame them wanting to leave.
      But what really got me was Man U were interested.

No way that can happen. Reina absolutely loves this club. He is our captain after Stevie G and Carra.

BTW, its probably all bullcrap anyways although I can see Torres leaving in the summer if we don't get into CL.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #17: Oct 28, 2010 10:21:53 am
      I think there maybe some wieght in this story aswell. Where they may go, I agree, is just speculation but you have to consider that the spanish contingent is dwindling at Anfield and maybe they dont think that they have the clout that they once had when we had a spanish manager in charge. I meen they were used to having Rafa around and now this new guy comes in and there is total upheaval with new systems and tactics e.g. Its true that we will have to wait quite a while to be up there challenging again and i think they feel that without the superstars that Man City and Man Utd have that it will be alot harder to challenge the big boys. Thers stories that they where promised this and that and they have,nt materialised and maybe thats true. So IMO i,d be very surprised that if not 1 maybe 2 will go in January but I think they,ll both be gone by the summer. Its not ideal I know but we are entering a new era at the club and there will be big battles ahead no more so than the one we are facing at presant and maybe they think that the grass is greener on the other side and if so then yes they are great players and they will no doubt be surely missed but we have had great players before that have left the club in the past and there are great players to come that i,m convinced of, but if they do go we will survive i,m sure.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #18: Oct 28, 2010 10:53:39 am
      Its Bullshit because there is no way a goalkeeper of Reinas stature, who is still has 5 years left on his contract, would be worth only 12 million.  They have run out of things to wright about on Rooney, so have turned their attention on making any old sh*t up about us.

"Look LFC have new owners, but they are not willing to spend a billion squillion on players and bankrupt the club, therefore everyrone will leave".  

Total pile of sh*te made up by a pile of sh*te newspaper that I wouldn't wipe any one else's arse with!

I also found it highly amusing, that after about 50 or 60 years, that we all of a sudden are willing to start selling players to man united again, and our best players as well.  Total load of bull sh*t!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Oct 28, 2010 10:57:33 am
      I'm not writing the possibility of players leaving in January, no matter how much I wouldn't want them too.

We've lost Alonso Arbeloa, Mascherano & Aquilani over the last two seasons, all players that could be argued as better players within the squad, so for that reason I'll keep an open mind to avoid dsappointment.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #20: Oct 28, 2010 11:17:00 am
      How very coincidental that manUre circulate some sh*t about ÂŁ12m is all an international top flight goalkeeper is worth and shortly after there is another piece of unqualified rumour about the same player contemplating leaving his club.
      Could this be an example of the masterful mind games (allegedly) that Sir Alcho uses?
      Pardon me for being overwhelmingly unimpressed.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #21: Oct 28, 2010 11:19:17 am
      Appears he's learned how it's done this time around.

Roy warns United off Reina

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has warned Manchester United against making a move for goalkeeper Pepe Reina.

Recent reports have claimed the Reds' bitter rivals were lining up a swoop for Reina as a long-term replacement for Edwin van der Sar.

Arsenal have also been credited with an interest in the Spaniard, but Hodgson has rejected the rumours and insists the 28-year-old, who only signed a new six-year deal in April, is staying at Anfield.

"It was just one of those stories that seems to occur - it's just disappointing and annoying," Hodgson told the Liverpool Echo.

"Pepe is fantastic here, he is a lifeblood of this team.

"Everything he does around the club is excellent - he is always lively in the dressing room, he is always first class in training and he always wants to do more to improve.

"He demands better from those around him, he is always pushing people on. He is a player who we hold in the highest esteem.

"We have heard nothing from Manchester United and, more to the point, we don't want to hear anything from Manchester United.

"If (Sir Alex) Ferguson is looking around at the end of the season and he has got lots of money to replace (Edwin) van der Sar, he might very well want Pepe Reina because he is the best around.

"But we do not want to sell him. I would like to think that we are going to become a successful club once again and Pepe is crucial to that."

Much better.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #22: Oct 28, 2010 11:22:42 am
      How very coincidental that manUre circulate some sh*t about ÂŁ12m is all an international top flight goalkeeper is worth and shortly after there is another piece of unqualified rumour about the same player contemplating leaving his club.
      Could this be an example of the masterful mind games (allegedly) that Sir Alcho uses?
      Pardon me for being overwhelmingly unimpressed.

and also glaring proof that he has certain 'journalists' he sends out to do his bidding?

Appears he's learned how it's done this time around.

Much better, you're learning.

Already posted up there ^^^^^ :P
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #23: Oct 28, 2010 11:26:27 am
      and also glaring proof that he has certain 'journalists' he sends out to do his bidding?

Already posted up there ^^^^^ :P

I, like Hodgson, am also learning how it's done... clearly.

Epic fail on my part.  I'm going to choose to blame this on :chongin:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #24: Oct 28, 2010 11:39:15 am

Blame the blow  ;)  always worked for me, then I realised that basically I was saying F**k it I don't care, lighten up. 
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #25: Oct 28, 2010 12:01:29 pm
      Bullshit, maybe Torres is getting a cold toe but Reina is one of us through and through.
      And well said by Roy in that interview, straight to the point, he's not for sale he is easily one of our most important players.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      Reply #26: Oct 28, 2010 12:06:24 pm
      Tell ye what tho

Id be happier if I heard the boys publicly state that this is bullsh*t. Not enough of that happens in my opinion
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2010 12:11:32 pm
      Tell ye what tho

Id be happier if I heard the boys publicly state that this is bullsh*t. Not enough of that happens in my opinion

They wouldn't have any time to train if they had to come out and dismiss s.hit like this on a regular basis.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #28: Oct 28, 2010 12:14:39 pm
      I don't believe a word of it, but if by some miracle it is true I would have serious concerns about NESV. No club sells its 2 best players and expects to be successful. So if it is true John Henry sold us a load of lies.

Before anyone jumps on my back I'm saying if and I really don't think NESV are that stupid.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #29: Oct 28, 2010 12:18:18 pm
      When did Roy grow a pair? Impressive, now can he grow a brain?

It's good that he's starting to put up some resistance.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2010 12:18:52 pm
      I, like Hodgson, am also learning how it's done... clearly.

Or you could always blame it on the boogie  :oranje:  ;D
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #31: Oct 28, 2010 12:26:03 pm
       The story is just pure speculation but we could end up losing both player in the near future
       We all know Reina and Torres are world class and expect to win major honors,
       Reina could spend a few more years at LFC hoping things turn around, before demanding a transfer, being in goal his career can last many more years at the very top
       With Torres I expect he will leave soon if the owners can not convince him we will start winning trophies
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,613 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Oct 28, 2010 12:32:09 pm
      Hodgson saying right things at least. perhaps he is learning.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,987 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Oct 28, 2010 12:44:50 pm
      What a load of f***in bollocks, what the F**k does the mirror know about any players contracts, the contracts are between the club and the player and the players agent and are confidential and are not open to public scrutiny, heresay sh*t-stirring call it what you like it amounts to the same thing, a f***in no-mark journalist under pressure from his editor to make some headline any headline will do just get us a profit, correct me if i'm wrong but did'nt a certain WRooney F**k some goat wearing his wife's favourite g-string while Gary Neville was sh*t stabbing his fat chocolate starfish wearing a look-a-like Sir Phallex mask... now that is a headline   is it not ??
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      Reply #34: Oct 28, 2010 12:44:54 pm
      They wouldn't have any time to train if they had to come out and dismiss s.hit like this on a regular basis.

Once would do. Certain players spend a load of time in the press dont see why others cant come out and end speculation straight away
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      Reply #35: Oct 28, 2010 12:45:39 pm
      When did Roy grow a pair? Impressive, now can he grow a brain?

It's good that he's starting to put up some resistance.

Maybe hes reading these ridiculous forums!!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #36: Oct 28, 2010 12:47:00 pm
      Glad to hear Roy come out and tell them were to go.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Oct 28, 2010 12:48:56 pm
      Ya I would like to hear some announcement of commitment to the club from Torres, it has been deafening the silence coming from Torres lately makes me think there is something to the Torres rumours anyway.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #38: Oct 28, 2010 12:56:13 pm
      Ya I would like to hear some announcement of commitment to the club from Torres, it has been deafening the silence coming from Torres lately makes me think there is something to the Torres rumours anyway.

I know what you mean mate but he won't do that as it is not so long ago he did it before i.e. the summer.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #39: Oct 28, 2010 12:58:15 pm
      Is it it just me or has torres been leaving ever since he got here, the press are famous for grade A bullsh!t after all
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Oct 28, 2010 12:58:55 pm
      He could finish all the rumours though saying he is happy with the new owners and does not want to leave, a simple statement is all he needs to make. He never even gives interviews after matches these days is he afraid he maybe asked about his future.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,370 posts | 2880 
      Reply #41: Oct 28, 2010 12:59:52 pm
      Out of interest

If you could keep one but meant losing the other who would you keep  :f_doh:

Pepe for me without even a second thought to be honest (to keep)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,987 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42: Oct 28, 2010 01:04:35 pm
      Why should he say anything Corbally, he is committed to this club thru his contract, if the hated H&G were still at the helm then i would share your concern, but the will he wont he saga ended when NESV took over, they will have assured the current squad that the future is LFC and would have squashed any doubts on his part, by coming out and saying i'm am staying will only reinforce those who claimed he wiil be leaving, and the same goes to any of our star players, sometimes mate silence is golden.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #43: Oct 28, 2010 01:07:49 pm
      I'm glad Woy is starting to show more fire in his belly.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #44: Oct 28, 2010 01:13:12 pm
      the mirror should really be sued for making up stories and attempting to unsettle our plaers.

oh and for inflicting their sentimental, over-dramatic and made up pile of sh!t on the unsuspecting public year after sodding year.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 28, 2010 01:14:11 pm
      if they leave we are regulation material no doubt about that why do they have exit clauses. no wonder soccer clubs cant make money rafa gets 6 mill what does roy get 2 mill if he leaves wish i had a job  like that
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #46: Oct 28, 2010 01:18:01 pm
      who gives a sh*t

story #3240872847832478327403274 on Liverpool player X leaving in Transfer Window Y
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #47: Oct 28, 2010 01:19:46 pm
      if they leave we are regulation material no doubt about that why do they have exit clauses. no wonder soccer clubs cant make money rafa gets 6 mill what does roy get 2 mill if he leaves wish i had a job  like that

:lmao: oh dear.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #48: Oct 28, 2010 01:20:49 pm
      It will be a very sad day if either of them left,reina without doubt for me would be the bigger loss for the simple reason he is the one the fans relate to on the pitch,his leadership from last season to this new one,his voicing of opinions on hicks and gillette and for his backing for his then under fire manager our rock of stability through a very stormy period.

Torres i put it down to one thing and that is he misses rafa in more ways than one.Someone who made torres more potent and gave him direction on field but what we see now is a shadow of the torres we know and i only think either kenny dalglish or a foreign manager will get the best out of him now.
      redman2907
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 13 
      Reply #49: Oct 28, 2010 01:22:33 pm
      is nice to see roy sayin today that none of our bigname players will be leaving.well said roy.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #50: Oct 28, 2010 01:33:49 pm
      if they leave we are regulation material no doubt about that why do they have exit clauses. no wonder soccer clubs cant make money rafa gets 6 mill what does roy get 2 mill if he leaves wish I had a job  like that

Really hope we don't get regulated mate, don't know what I'd do
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #51: Oct 28, 2010 01:37:38 pm
      Really hope we don't get regulated mate, don't know what I'd do
      Yeah, relagation would be bad aswel. :f_tongueincheek:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #52: Oct 28, 2010 01:46:48 pm
      if they leave we are regulation material no doubt about that why do they have exit clauses. no wonder soccer clubs cant make money rafa gets 6 mill what does roy get 2 mill if he leaves wish i had a job  like that
      Oh dear indeed!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #53: Oct 28, 2010 01:48:47 pm
      Think our man was taking the piss with the post below mate.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #54: Oct 28, 2010 01:57:41 pm

Relegation would be even worse :lmao:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #55: Oct 28, 2010 02:03:37 pm
      didnt reina sign a 6 yr deal in april????? utter bollox
      LFCexiled
      Reply #56: Oct 28, 2010 03:10:04 pm
      As regards Hodgsons comments quoted in the Mirror, lets remember that anyone can give the right answers when the paper in question sends the questions pre interview and the answers are put through the sh*t filter first.

Hodgsons biggest failing in interviews pre & post match, I doubt he's become a media genius over night.

The smiling assassin still remains.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #57: Oct 28, 2010 03:46:33 pm
      Not sure whether I believe this or not, alot of people seem to have written it off as rubbish however is it that unrealistic? Poor performance last season with yet a summer full of lies, who's to say they haven't got some kind of clause?

If I was a player at a club in turmoil I would certainly want a clause to help protect my interest and career.

Hope it's not true but I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss it as some of you have :(
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,758 posts | 7179 
      Reply #58: Oct 28, 2010 03:51:19 pm
      Contract clause or not if a player wants to leave a club these days the go. I don't believe they will go anywhere until next year if at all. If they go somewhere now they not available for Euro comps anyhow. Most stuff writtern about Liverpool is now and always has been sh*te but they know if they mention us they will sell more papers. How many articles have you read and not a single quotation mark is used in it just mere speculation.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Oct 28, 2010 04:26:11 pm
      Nuh uh this story is true! I heard it from a reliable source, my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the escape clause!

F***ing sh*te
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #60: Oct 28, 2010 05:12:24 pm
      Reina's got far too much respect for the fans to leave us for United. No way.

Well done Roy for unequivocally saying he's going nowhere though. Can't fault him there...
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #61: Oct 28, 2010 05:15:43 pm
      One thing it does prove - we have a better centre forward and keeper than those t**ts do - otherwise, why would they be interesed ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #62: Oct 28, 2010 05:27:43 pm
      The secret escape clauses in their contracts cannot be very secret if James Fletcher knows about them.What a load of garbage.

Exactly Billy.

...and some one was knocking the Telegraph? T-Kid.

Beware the Red Tops. Total sh*te as usual.
      Good test for Wabbit Woy to Man Up to the journos.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #63: Oct 28, 2010 05:29:47 pm
      What strikes me about this talk whether it's bullshit or not is that the mancs clearly believe they can buy important players from us.

After the decades of no business, what is sparking their interest. Is it because Roy is our manager I wonder?
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #64: Oct 28, 2010 05:58:07 pm
      Funny as this is what Nando had to say to the writer of that article
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #65: Oct 28, 2010 06:00:18 pm

Going to venture a guess either Carra or Gerrard taught him that.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #66: Oct 28, 2010 06:02:20 pm
      Mmm an angry, sweaty Nando.... :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Oct 28, 2010 06:03:52 pm
      What strikes me about this talk whether it's bullshit or not is that the mancs clearly believe they can buy important players from us.

After the decades of no business, what is sparking their interest. Is it because Roy is our manager I wonder?

I'd say thats the case. Even they know Roy is a softie and wouldn't stand in their way like Rafa would. I mean its been 70 years at least since a player went from us to them, right? It should always F***ing stay that way.

Defo has no problems with english these days eh :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,758 posts | 7179 
      Reply #68: Oct 28, 2010 06:04:11 pm
      Thats not fair cause we dont get to see angry sweaty Mrs torres
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #69: Oct 28, 2010 06:10:55 pm
      Thats not fair cause we dont get to see angry sweaty Mrs torres

Speak for yourself mate ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #70: Oct 28, 2010 06:23:54 pm

If angry sweaty men are what floats yer boat MsT here ya go, it ain't Man U's illustrious owner BTW

Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #71: Oct 28, 2010 06:30:59 pm
      :D

If angry sweaty men are what floats yer boat MsT here ya go, it ain't Man U's illustrious owner BTW

Thats just wrong!  :-\
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #72: Oct 28, 2010 06:33:02 pm
      my wife say's hed be angrier and MORE sweaty if she got hold of him ! :f_tongueincheek:
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #73: Oct 28, 2010 06:35:05 pm
      Your wife makes sense!

I love it how men know their other halves would have their way with Nando! ;D

Back on topic before i get into trouble for being a pervert....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #74: Oct 28, 2010 06:39:00 pm
      Your wife makes sense!

I love it how men know their other halves would have their way with Nando! ;D

Back on topic before I get into trouble for being a pervert....

I know Laura would. And i would join in.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #75: Oct 28, 2010 06:44:45 pm
       :lmao:
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #76: Oct 28, 2010 06:44:48 pm
      yep total bullshit.
      but why oo why cant hodgson just tell ferguson to F**k off...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #77: Oct 28, 2010 06:46:34 pm
      yep total bullshit.
      but why oo why cant hodgson just tell ferguson to f**k off...

Well he can't suck his cock and talk to him at the same time, can he?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #78: Oct 28, 2010 06:59:30 pm

Somebody has a bright future at the Mirror

Taken from this article:

Torres and Reina in Bullshit Rumour Shocker

http://liverpool.theoffside.com/team-news/torres-and-reina-in-bullshit-rumour-shocker.html

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #79: Oct 28, 2010 07:20:42 pm
      What a shame if Poulsen had a get out clause eh? ;)
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #80: Oct 28, 2010 07:46:21 pm
      Well he can't suck his cock and talk to him at the same time, can he?

ha! true dat.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #81: Oct 28, 2010 07:51:40 pm
      One thing it does prove - we have a better centre forward and keeper than those t**ts do - otherwise, why would they be interesed ?

Utd whoever does it matter?

Who wouldn't sniff about if there 'was' a clause (apart from Real)

Anyway, hope it is BS

Beth♄TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♄ And YNWA ♄
      Reply #82: Oct 28, 2010 09:04:21 pm
      yep total bullshit.
      but why oo why cant hodgson just tell ferguson to F**k off...

Hodgson will never do this.. He and Ferguson are also friends
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #83: Oct 28, 2010 09:08:05 pm
      and to think theres people that buy this sh*t
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #84: Oct 28, 2010 09:13:00 pm
      Lets be honest here The Mirror need some one else to focus on now that they have had a warning from Barcelona for making up quotes from Barcelona players about premier league players that Barcelona have a supposed interest in, Barca have told them in no uncertain terms it stops or they will take libel action, perhaps we should do the same.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #85: Oct 28, 2010 09:43:04 pm
      Yaaawwwwwnnn !   Same old....
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #86: Oct 28, 2010 10:54:38 pm
      OK, forgive me if this has been covered or its just me bieng thick, but a contract is wriiten and signed, you cant add a clause afterwrds. According to this 'report' they had it written in at the start of the season, did these two just sign new contracts at the start of the season, cause I dont remember that.

Load of bollox, as usual for the tabloids.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #87: Oct 28, 2010 11:27:44 pm
      Article written by James Fletcher. Who learned his journalistic skills at the News of the World.

Possibly the most utter bollocks story I've heard this year (and I've heard a few). Secret clauses in deed? Surely he meant Secret Santa.

Topic Locked.

The Daily Mirror and James Fletcher's card well and truly marked.  Manc-loving gobshites.

Quick Reply