Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

No money or Carlton Cole?

Read 6798 times
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 168 posts |
      No money or Carlton Cole?
      Oct 31, 2010 11:08:06 am
      The squad needs adding to, and with January approaching and rumours of Woy's interest in this donkey; would you rather Woy had no funds or he was given cash to splash on said donkey and possible other mules ?

Personally I'd rather see this season out with this squad (which is no where near as bad as the press says) and recruit next summer. Hopefully with a new manager.
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2010 11:20:44 am by Reslivo »
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Re: No money or Carlton Cole ?
      Reply #1: Oct 31, 2010 11:08:57 am
      I don't want Hodgson to be given a penny.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #2: Oct 31, 2010 11:12:14 am
      I dont trust Roy to spend a penny.

Yes, Meireles looks a good signing but Poulsen and Konchesky are both poor buys.

The Cole link is typical of him, could you imagine us getting linked to him if Kenny/Riijkard was in charge?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Oct 31, 2010 11:13:37 am
      I wouln't trust Hodgson even with a penny. He'll but sh*te. His two signings of Konchesky and Poulsen already shown who he thinks are good enough for Liverpool FC.

He's not doing it right by signing players whom were impressive under him in his previous clubs and yet he wants Liverpool to sign players teams like Inter Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid are after.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Oct 31, 2010 11:14:00 am
      He wouldn't be given money for Carlton Cole by NESV - he's too old, and even they can see that he's too useless.

West Ham would demand about £12-15m. NESV would never, ever pay that. We're all about the younger players these days, gents.

Turan, Mata, Suarez, Affelay.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #5: Oct 31, 2010 11:18:09 am
      Thank F**k for that.
        edit: read the title again thought it said "No money for Carlton Cole",well it's as good as right.
      Nissesixx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      • Liverpool has nothing to do with Texas
      Reply #6: Oct 31, 2010 11:22:41 am
      He won't be allowed to buy him. I meen why should we get a player that even struggles at West Ham?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: No money or Carlton Cole?
      Reply #7: Oct 31, 2010 11:38:26 am
      Nevermind Carlton - I wouldn't trust him with the money for a bag of coal. Taxi!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Oct 31, 2010 12:15:05 pm
      I have a suspicion that even if Roy is still around come January, he might not be playing as big a part in transfers as we think. I'm just guessing here, but I think NESV don't entirely trust Hodgson to do the job just yet, and aren't willing to entrust their funds to his saggy face. We'll see come January I suppose, but it's useless speculating about it now.

Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #9: Oct 31, 2010 12:21:07 pm
      For gods sake dont give Roy any money!

He will make us unrecognisable!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Oct 31, 2010 12:48:14 pm
      Cole is useless F***ing useless, if Hodgson is allowed spend money on him NESV will need there heads examined.

John Henry is meant to be a big man for checkings stats of players he is trying to sign a simple check of Cole goals record will be enough to kill this deal.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #11: Oct 31, 2010 01:14:02 pm
      i dont mind cole, i think with the right players arou8nd him and the right service he could be a good £7 - £8m buy. i woudnt give anymore for him. saying that i would rather go for Bent, strong fast and decisive !!!!
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 168 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 31, 2010 01:17:38 pm
      Woy has stated he wants British players, he says he has money, and he's also stated he wants a forward, who else fits that profile at the moment who would be up for sale? Crouch & Cole. God I hope he dosnt get a penny and drag us down to mid league also rans.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #13: Oct 31, 2010 01:19:19 pm
      Woy has stated he wants British players, he says he has money, and he's also stated he wants a forward, who else fits that profile at the moment who would be up for sale? Crouch & Cole. God I hope he dosnt get a penny and drag us down to mid league also rans.

Owen on a free would fit the bill. :mad:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #14: Oct 31, 2010 01:21:00 pm
      Owen on a free would fit the bill. :mad:

No it wouldn't, he's still F***ing injured, so no thanks, he's made his bed, let him F***ing rot there!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Oct 31, 2010 01:21:38 pm
      Carlton can't even make the starting side for West Ham these days so that says it all.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #16: Oct 31, 2010 01:24:37 pm
      Not a penny more for Roy!
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 31, 2010 01:25:03 pm
      Carlton can't even make the starting side for West Ham these days so that says it all.
           remind me, didnt he score for west ham last week or was i dreaming. they are bottom you know
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #18: Oct 31, 2010 01:25:24 pm
      I would have my doubts about anyone Roy signs. If he signed Messi, he would probably play him in left back anyway.
      Roy shows a real lack of ambition, Aim low, and you won't be disappointed, seems to be his philosophy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #19: Oct 31, 2010 01:27:27 pm
           remind me, didnt he score for west ham last week or was i dreaming. they are bottom you know

Still wouldn't want the bag of sh*te in a red shirt.

Got enough overrated cockney wankers at the club, thanks!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20: Oct 31, 2010 01:30:35 pm
      Carlton Cole has NEVER scored a brace his Premier League career - in fact he's the player who has scored the most goals without getting on the score sheet twice, only one of two strikers in the top 10 list, the other being John Fashanu. The rest of that list is made up of defenders & midfielders, including our own Sami Hyppia & two players still playing in the PL, James MIlner & William Gallas.  That's an awful stat for a striker, 37 goals in 37 individual games is all well & good, but never scoring more than one a game in his Premier League career is worrying.  For me, he's a poorer version of the much derided Emile Heskey, a player who's ability, at his peak, to hold up the ball, make space & chances for his striking partner was unrivaled.

If we are going to play 2 up front though, we need someone who will compliment Torres style of play & for me that isn't a big lump of a striker, we need a player in the Beardsley/Sheringham mould, not a main striker, but one who scores a fair bit, plays a bit deeper & with a creative spark. Now I believe we have someone who may feel this criteria on our books already, but I don't see Roy taking a risk on Pacheco.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 168 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 31, 2010 01:42:03 pm
      Presuming Nandos injury is behind him, a couple of wide men would fit the bill better. We have Cole, Pacheco, Gerrard, Dirk & Aquilani (bring him back please) to play in the hole, N'gog gas come on a lot, he'd be classed as major prospect if he was playing for Arsenal. Rather him then C Cole. It's world class wide men giving the service I'd like to see.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #22: Oct 31, 2010 01:43:33 pm
      I'd rather have no money.

Quick Reply