Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'

Read 32182 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'
      Reply #368: Nov 03, 2010 01:37:03 pm
      I cancelled my SKy subscription as it was costing me too much in new tele's after throwing things at it listening to the constant anti Rafa  anti LFC stuff.It was a bit of a loss at first but now its not so bad and I dont have to listen to all the crap they spew out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #369: Nov 03, 2010 01:52:23 pm
      Here comes Roy for his press conference.

Hope for his sake he doesn't respond and continue the Rafa discussion.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #370: Nov 03, 2010 01:53:28 pm
      Cant wait more words of wisdom from the Sage that is Roy.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #371: Nov 03, 2010 02:13:48 pm
      Anyone see Bambas article/rant relating to this on RAWK?
      Was pretty critical of Rafa..

Either way, you play with fire, you get your arse tickled.
      Roy insinuated the bickering with his comments imo.

Has he finished his confrence yet?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #372: Nov 03, 2010 02:37:54 pm
      I was being reasonable ;)

Apparently some people think that others are so shallow they only want hodgson gone so rafa can come back, when nothing could be further from the truth.

hodgson isn't fit to lace the boots of ANY of our previous managers, with one notable exception - and that exception nearly destroyed us.

There's nothing wrong with loyalty, but blind loyalty is a dangerous thing - and that goes for rafa as well.

Roy has had 10 games. All I'm saying is give the dude a chance. He took the job under difficult circumstances, knowing how well liked Rafa was by a majority of the fans, knowing the club might be taken over and his job would be at risk, knowing the squad was weak and a key player - Masch - wanted to leave etc. etc. Basically a shitload of baggage. I don't think he's the kind of guy who can lead us to the title, but that's moot cause we don't have the players. To the top4, unlikely - but then again, you never know (eternal optimist :) - lots of points still to play for.
      Now that NESV have taken over, his time might be short. Would love to make it 3 on the bounce at the WE. He might not be a the most inspirational character, but I find it hard to dislike Roy and I'd like him to do well. IMO, his only chance of keeping his job is if he can grab a top4 place, and I'd put the odds of that at approx 15-1 (well I'd have a hopeful tener on that).
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #373: Nov 03, 2010 02:54:53 pm
      Stevie Heighway really didnt like the way Rafa dealt with him shame really because we did win 2 youth trophies under him why didnt those players make the step up is the ongoing question.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #374: Nov 03, 2010 02:57:31 pm
      What's Woy saying?
      The Kop Kid
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #375: Nov 03, 2010 03:09:00 pm
      For the longest time I've thought this site was a Rafa Benitez fan site and not a Liverpool Football Club fan site. Now I know I was right. The stick our manager is taking here is far from fair. Maybe some of you can start an Inter Milan fan site, but then Rafa isn't doing too well there either, is he?

Rafa is in the past, so lets stop ripping the sh*te out of our currant manager and give him the backing he and the team so badly needs.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #376: Nov 03, 2010 03:16:10 pm
      Rafa is second in the league and on the same points as THFC in the CL so do you want to compare that with Roy's efforts so far. If you dont like Rafa so be it but get your facts right.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #377: Nov 03, 2010 03:18:40 pm
      For the longest time I've thought this site was a Rafa Benitez fan site and not a Liverpool Football Club fan site. Now I know I was right. The stick our manager is taking here is far from fair. Maybe some of you can start an Inter Milan fan site, but then Rafa isn't doing too well there either, is he?

Rafa is in the past, so lets stop ripping the sh*te out of our currant manager and give him the backing he and the team so badly needs.

Prephaps a little bit of research might prevent you making stupid remarks in the future. Just a thought................. . :f_whistle:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #378: Nov 03, 2010 03:22:05 pm
      Rafa is second in the league and on the same points as THFC in the CL so do you want to compare that with Roy's efforts so far. If you dont like Rafa so be it but get your facts right.

Very true. And as previously pointed out, please do it in the relevant thread too, if you could.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #379: Nov 03, 2010 03:23:59 pm
      Apparently Roy has apologized to Rafa and refuses to comment more.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #380: Nov 03, 2010 03:24:52 pm
      Seriously ? I am in no mood for a wind up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #381: Nov 03, 2010 03:25:46 pm
      For the longest time I've thought this site was a Rafa Benitez fan site and not a Liverpool Football Club fan site. Now I know I was right. The stick our manager is taking here is far from fair. Maybe some of you can start an Inter Milan fan site

Out of interest did you see the results of the vote on the Liverpool Echo website? Apparently 88% backed Rafa in replying to Hodgson.

But then - I suppose the Liverpool Echo is also a Rafa Benitez site? Maybe we should call the Inter Echo from now on?

Listen - you are entitled to your own views and can feel free to express them - but when you start suggesting nonsense like we are not a Liverpool FC site just because you are in a minority - then that's a childish way to take an argument.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #382: Nov 03, 2010 03:26:07 pm

Do you think this was of his own volition or under orders?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #383: Nov 03, 2010 03:28:18 pm

Probably under orders.

I'd like some cold hard video evidence though if anyone's spotted any. I haven't got Sky Sports News. :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #384: Nov 03, 2010 03:28:59 pm

Either way, I'm pleased Roy has done this.  He gets a thumbs up from me and I sincerely hope he stops being critical of the previous administration.  It was a never a Liverpool thing to do. 

Now let's put all this business to bed, and let them both concentrate on their jobs.  They both have work to do.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #385: Nov 03, 2010 03:30:31 pm
      Fair play to him if he has done it.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #386: Nov 03, 2010 03:30:37 pm
      Either way, I'm pleased Roy has done this.  He gets a thumbs up from me and I sincerely hope he stops being critical of the previous administration.  It was a never a Liverpool thing to do. 

Wholeheartedly agree.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #387: Nov 03, 2010 03:32:24 pm
      Now I would like the owners to back him or sack him so we can put that one to bed as well.Oh to keep on thread good luck for the rest of the season Rafa.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #388: Nov 03, 2010 03:34:08 pm
      Roy's apology basically consisted of.

Rafa was right, he (Roy) should be concentrating on managing the club, he didn't mean to offend or upset Rafa in any way, and if he did he apologises.

Think Roy's had a slap on the wrist myself. :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #389: Nov 03, 2010 03:39:40 pm
      Now Roy just one more to the many fans on forum sites you upset.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #390: Nov 03, 2010 03:42:50 pm
      Well I hope that little apology puts paid to all the squabbling so JD can get on with changing the forum colours to black and blue and the Forum name to InterMilanBlack&Blues's.  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply