Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Rotation - Worth it or not?

We'll see the benefits come the end of the season.
      27 (62.8%)
      We'll be out of the title race by January because of it.
      10 (23.3%)
      Don't really think it'll make a difference on our overall standing.
      6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Rotation

Read 33116 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Re: Rotation
      Reply #230: Mar 24, 2009 11:24:36 pm
      Been on a manUre forum(morbid curiosity you understand)and while informed,balanced and collected posts are a rarity the vast majority are unintelligible drivel so the earlier contributions from this Sad Red character are obviously an attempt to latch on to a credible forum.Having said that theres' nothing down for him or her on account of them being completely out of their depth.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #231: Mar 25, 2009 12:43:12 am
      And on that note, back on topic.

This rotation thing seems like a thing of the past doesn't it? Are we still rotating players or is it because we're doing well, nobody wants to moan about it?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,128 posts | 3375 
      Reply #232: Mar 25, 2009 01:51:48 am
      And on that note, back on topic.

This rotation thing seems like a thing of the past doesn't it? Are we still rotating players or is it because we're doing well, nobody wants to moan about it?

I think the main reason is there isn't whole sale changes anymore. It's been cut down to two/three or maximum four changes - some forced by suspension or injury others just obvious choices like Torres coming back in for Ngog.

Here's our last four teams (Sunderland, Madrid home, United, Villa) in games we've won.

Sunderland - Reina, Masch, Skrtel, Carra, Insua, Yossi, Stevie, Xabi, Riera, Kuyt, Ngog.

Madrid - Reina, Arby, Carra, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Masch, Xabi, Babel, Stevie, Torres. (4 changes. 1 forced through Riera's suspension. Other three obvious Arby for Masch at right back, the more experinced Aurelio at left back for Insua and Torres for Ngog is gonna happen all day long)

United - Reina, Carra, Sami, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Lucas, Masch, Riera, Stevie, Torres. (3 changes. 2 forced - Arby's injury during the warm up and Xabi's knock against Madrid. The other was again available Riera for Babel)

Villa - Reina, Arby, Carra, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Xabi, Masch, Riera, Stevie, Torres. (2 changes again both the obvious choices. Arby back at right back and Xabi back in the middle of the park)

Like I said, I think because it's not changing for changing sake any more. I said it earlier in the season that Benitez seems to be playing players on form and he's stuck with that throughout the year especially of late. We're seeing the effects on a settled side as well with 15 goals in four games and just one conceeded.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #233: Mar 25, 2009 10:55:22 am
      yes because you will draw tommorow and rafa will blow it around the time of the champions league games
      lolathon
      is that a reference to the villa game! i hope all your predictions are as accurate as this one
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #234: Mar 25, 2009 11:06:43 am
      There are advantages and disadvantages.

You can probably get a good start but you end up slacking after the new year. The premier league's demands are really high and it's not very easy to play 50+ games a season and 3 times a week. And you probably disrupt players on form and stuff.

On the other hand, when you keep rotating, you keep each guy fresh for the next game. And then you can have a relatively strong end to the season.

Of course, when you rotate and win, you're called a master. When you don't, the rotation policy becomes an excuse.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #235: Mar 25, 2009 03:12:24 pm
      The rotation system to work well needs a good sized squad and good levels of positional skill, for one reason or the other the theory side of things didn't quite pan out earlier in the season mainly because some of the selections didn't perform  as theory suggested they should. If the actual squad had stood up to the rigours of a full rotation system week in week out we would have kicked on well but the whole thing falls apart if there is a failing in the system and the manager has to compensate for one weakness or another,which he has done commendably well despite some unfounded criticism.
                                                                        Once again the financial or F word comes into play if the manager had been able to secure the services of his targets and   rotated the team as is his want ,it is very doubtful that we would be in a situation that allows manUre to piss on us  - even though they are now  pissing on their shoes,we're that close.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2009 02:19:25 pm by stuey »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #236: Dec 23, 2010 10:45:24 pm
      Bump.

Whilst this forum is all about Rafa at the moment, made me think how badly he was crucified for rotating his players.

Sky sports and other xenophobic media  was all over it in a blatant attack against him.

Ferguson has now rotated in 110 consecutive games and not a F***ing peep from anybody.

red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #237: Dec 23, 2010 10:50:37 pm
      ^^^ Ah but when Fergie does it, it is called 'resting' players.  Totally different thing, didn't you know ;)

Fergie has also lost his fair share of games due to leaving players out, but again, never touched on in the media.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #238: Dec 23, 2010 10:54:41 pm
      Bump.

Whilst this forum is all about Rafa at the moment, made me think how badly he was crucified for rotating his players.

Sky sports and other xenophobic media  was all over it in a blatant attack against him.

Ferguson has now rotated in 110 consecutive games and not a F***ing peep from anybody.

150 consecutive games against Valencia in the CL mate.  Maybe 110 consecutive league games but it's 150 in all comps.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #239: Dec 23, 2010 10:58:32 pm
      Yes 110 in the league, sorry mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #240: Dec 23, 2010 10:58:56 pm
      Once again shows the biase in the media. Ferguson gets applauded for the very thing Rafa was ridiculed over. Agenda driven arse's
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #241: Dec 23, 2010 11:02:29 pm
      Yes 110 in the league, sorry mate.

No need to apologise mate :)  Was just pointing that out :P
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #242: Dec 23, 2010 11:10:35 pm
      Once again shows the biase in the media. Ferguson gets applauded for the very thing Rafa was ridiculed over. Agenda driven arse's
      But the difference is Ferguson win the league
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #243: Dec 23, 2010 11:12:45 pm
      But the difference is Ferguson win the league

In his first 6 years, while he was being given massive amounts of money to rebuild, unlike our manager who had his best players sold and recieved a fraction of the money back?

get a sense of perspective for fucks sake, and stop being revisionist.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #244: Dec 23, 2010 11:22:57 pm
      Dont mind him KIK. Just another hater, who choses to ignore what's right in front of them in an attempt to clever. Another smart arse
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #245: Dec 23, 2010 11:28:59 pm
      Dont mind him KIK. Just another hater, who choses to ignore what's right in front of them in an attempt to clever. Another smart arse

Oh, I know that, but I let myself slip today due to a bad mood brought on by an ear infection, complete with burst eardrum, so I want to be more diplomatic, and counter the bollocks with facts.

Some of them are right, and it is like a civil war - the thing they can't see is that they are the ones who started it, and are complete hypocrites in asking for time for the deadleg whilst simultaneously saying the tumours were right to get rid of Rafa after one bad season where he was stitched up by the board and the owners.

They can hate all they like, but those of us who understand what went on can see the truth, and I'm happy enough to keep fighting the good fight.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #246: Dec 23, 2010 11:42:37 pm
      Regardless of whether he comes back or not, Rafa did a lot of good at this club. Some people refuse to see that and refuse to see the damage the owners did. They would rather take the easy route and taint Rafa's legacy here.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #247: Dec 23, 2010 11:45:14 pm
      Regardless of whether he comes back or not, Rafa did a lot of good at this club. Some people refuse to see that and refuse to see the damage the owners did. They would rather take the easy route and taint Rafa's legacy here.

You can thank ssn and the red tops for that.

oh, and don't forget james lawton for the "intellectuals" out there.

It's pathetic how many people believe the sh*t they read in the media.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #248: Dec 23, 2010 11:48:05 pm
      Tell me about it. I'm tired of talking to fans " educated " by the media groups you mentioned. Makes me question are they fans at all
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #249: Dec 23, 2010 11:51:13 pm
      Tell me about it. I'm tired of talking to fans " educated " by the media groups you mentioned. Makes me question are they fans at all

They think we are obsessed, we think they don't care.

As ever, the truth is somewhere in the middle - but at least I can say that I knew what was going on, when they were saying "why are they protesting against the owners. The papers said they put in 300 million"

;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #250: Dec 23, 2010 11:58:32 pm
      What I'm really looking forward to is if United get bought out by the Qatar Group. Certain peoples heads will explode on here

Quick Reply