Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)

Read 10341 times
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 958 posts |
      Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)
      Nov 02, 2010 09:15:53 pm
      Reds to move for Cassano

Roy Hodgson is hoping to spring something of a major transfer coup by attempting to lure Sampdoria attacker Antonio Cassano into making a move from Serie A to Anfield.

The Italian international has recently fallen out with his Genoa side and it seems that he is destined to leave the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.

The 28 year old former Real Madrid man has fallen out with the club's president after he reportedly refused to attend an awards ceremony which triggered a series of arguments between the club and the talented Bari born star.

Hodgson has been watching on with interest and whilst a move to bring the Sampdoria man to Liverpool may prove to be a tricky proposition it could prove to be an intelligent move to make. All seemed to be going well for Cassano who has had great spell back in Italy following a nightmare period at the Bernabeu. He has become a crucial part of the club's attacking plans and new boss Domenico Di Carlo had watched on as he netted five goals in nine games thus far this season.

The fact that the club appears ready to boot the player from the club would mean they would accept less than they would normally but a fee of at least £15m would be needed to snap up a player of Cassano's undoubted talent. However with his contract reportedly being cancelled by the Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone it could be that no fee would be needed to seal the deal. The temperamental Italian can play as part of a two man strike force or in the hole behind the strikers.

A move to Napoli has been ruled out by the Naples club and a move back to Spain seems very unlikely indeed. A move to the Premier League may well tempt Cassano and the Liverpool's glorious history, new owners and a chance to play alongside Fernando Torres may tempt him into making the move to Merseyside.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/reds-to-move-for-cassano

If this happens I will be delighted. I really feel he has the ability to transform our season.
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2010 11:07:24 am by Bpatel »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Antonio Cassano
      Reply #1: Nov 02, 2010 09:19:41 pm
      Wouldnt say no at all

Actually we could maye try and do a swap deal offer Babel maybe?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2010 11:39:01 pm
      Would be a cracking signing IMO.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2010 11:40:52 pm
      A good player I don't think Roy would be able to handle his temperament though.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Nov 02, 2010 11:43:04 pm
      Not really sure about this guy ...

Only know he was like one of the teenagers to watch out for many years ago and has a bad temper in him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Nov 03, 2010 12:10:06 am
      One thing I'll say most of the football genuises have a temper on them, think Zidane, Cantona,  scratch that they are just French, No but seriously add Di Canio to that list, its the fire in the belly of such players that make them great.

The Bad
      Di Canio Red Card

The Good.

Paolo Di Canio Compilation #1

The Bad

Zidane headbutts Materazzi - BEST ANGLE *****

The Good

Zidane Compilation Rakim remix

The Bad

Clash Foot - Cantona vs supporter Crystal Palace

I'll label this the good through gritted teeth considering who he played for.

Eric Cantona - King Eric ||| Compilation HD

^^^ ermm sad Manc cu*ts, there is only one King and he's called Kenny and graced these shores long before Cuntana.

Anyway you get my point.

Would I take Cassano's temperant, F**k yes I would because he can offer something that is lacking in this team, A F**k You Attitude type of player that plays with a fire in his belly.

nethervor
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Toressss!
      Reply #6: Nov 03, 2010 12:40:43 am
      I am really really hoping this is not true. While Cassano may be a quality player, his temper and his way of getting on the manager's and chairman's nerves is very damaging to a team. He is literary being ousted from his current team. That's not somewhere you get to with a simple conversation. So I'm guessing he's quite the rebel and honestly, with Liverpool in this state of crisis, I really don't think we need a player of his profile.
      Also, I believe his 5 minutes of glory have passed, and he's now just as any other mediocre striker.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #7: Nov 03, 2010 12:46:27 am
      I love this guy. I know he is a bit mental but he is a quality footballer and with the right foundations set around him, who knows what he could achieve. Maybe a tad expensive when you consider his past temperament problems.
      indiana_red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 03, 2010 01:00:44 am
      Very good player but can't see him leaving Roma.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Nov 03, 2010 01:38:34 am
      Real quality, whatever his other flaws.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #10: Nov 03, 2010 04:31:44 am
      I am really really hoping this is not true. While Cassano may be a quality player, his temper and his way of getting on the manager's and chairman's nerves is very damaging to a team. He is literary being ousted from his current team. That's not somewhere you get to with a simple conversation. So I'm guessing he's quite the rebel and honestly, with Liverpool in this state of crisis, I really don't think we need a player of his profile.
      Also, I believe his 5 minutes of glory have passed, and he's now just as any other mediocre striker.

Gets on his manager's nerves you say?  Let's give Woy a taste of his own medicine.  Sign Cassano up and let him get on the manager's nerves the same way the manager gets on ours.

Got enough players in his position.
      nethervor
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Toressss!
      Reply #11: Nov 03, 2010 11:06:10 am
      Very good player but can't see him leaving Roma.

True, him leaving Roma again is impossible, since he already left them a few years back, then joined Real Madrid, where he showed nothing from his supposed talent, and got sold to Sampdoria (which is his current team) :)

Gets on his manager's nerves you say?  Let's give Woy a taste of his own medicine.  Sign Cassano up and let him get on the manager's nerves the same way the manager gets on ours.

Got enough players in his position.

Good point about getting on Roy's nerves :D. But that's no reason to sign him, as Roy will most likely be out of Liverpool before january. If he doesn't start bringing good results, that is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria)
      Reply #12: Nov 03, 2010 01:32:43 pm
      I was saying months ago to get him for 20m so now he's available for practically nothing i can't say no. He's the player we need. Fantastic player. Haven't missed a game of his this season and i'd put my testicles on him being a star and succeeding.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #13: Nov 03, 2010 02:05:37 pm
      I was saying months ago to get him for 20m so now he's available for practically nothing I can't say no. He's the player we need. Fantastic player. Haven't missed a game of his this season and I'd put my testicles on him being a star and succeeding.

I'll see your testicles and raise you a wang.

Get him, quality signing.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Nov 03, 2010 03:15:57 pm
      Almost seems too good to be true. Cassano is easily one of the best players in Italy. Can either pair him with Torres, or let him play in the hole behind him. Gerrard back in the midfield, and keep Cole on the left. Makes me wet myself.

I'd also put my testi's on it, crouchi. :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #15: Nov 03, 2010 03:53:00 pm
      What's his actual position nowadays?

Proper out and out striker or what?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #16: Nov 03, 2010 11:26:09 pm
      I'll see your testicles and raise you a wang.

Get him, quality signing.

It worries me that your wang rises when you see my testicles.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Nov 03, 2010 11:44:33 pm
      Ill see your wang and raise you my anus. . . Oh wait. . .
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #18: Nov 03, 2010 11:47:51 pm
      I'm willing to put Crouch's balls and BigRed's cock on the line for this signing too ;D  We've already got Gerrard to play in the hole and Cole if we actually get a proper LW and let's not forget that Pacheco and Shelvey can do a job there too.  There are bigger priorities.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #19: Nov 04, 2010 01:10:16 pm
      I'm willing to put Crouch's balls and BigRed's cock on the line for this signing too ;D  We've already got Gerrard to play in the hole and Cole if we actually get a proper LW and let's not forget that Pacheco and Shelvey can do a job there too.  There are bigger priorities.

Holes, balls and cocks in one post. Theortically, i should delete this post :D

But in all seriousness his versatility could be big for us. He can cut in and drift wide when playing on the flanks, but is at his very best through the middle and occupying the final third while bursting in to the box behind the defence.

A side that looked like this would tear up many teams.

Maxi    Gerrard   Meireles    Cole

Torres    Cassano

One player all of a sudden transforms a very good set up, to an almost invincible one. It lets Steven drop back on the ball, and a more dynamic player in the position where he used to be in Cassano. Plus Torres would finally get some good service.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #20: Nov 04, 2010 01:15:19 pm
      Sign him up, that's if Aquilani doesn't have a quiet word with him before.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #21: Nov 04, 2010 07:43:13 pm
      As the article says Sampdoria filed to terminate his contract and despite wanting to stay he appears to be getting pushed out of the club nevertheless It would be an incredibly risky acquisition, one of the most notoriously fiery and loose tempered players around but still undeniably talented.

Was the most expensive teenager ever at one point wasn't he? When he moved to Roma. He's been chipping in the goals for Sampdoria the last couple of the years and he's consistently been a creative force in setting up Pazzini. He'd have to be playing behind the striker for us unless he'd be willing to play on the wing.

Doesn't really seem like a Hodgson signing to me but I can't say that I wouldn't be excited to see him here.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #22: Nov 06, 2010 01:14:50 am
      It worries me that your wang rises when you see my testicles.

After reading that back it worries me too. We shouldn't speak for a while.... :D

Quick Reply