Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Lucas (Stoke)

Read 9012 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Lucas (Stoke)
      Reply #23: Nov 03, 2010 11:40:08 pm
      Come on Tony,take Poulsen (for free)and we'll give you  2mil aswell.
      nethervor
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Toressss!
      Reply #24: Nov 03, 2010 11:56:37 pm
      Blasphemy I say! If I remember correctly Lucas has just become a first team player in the Brazilian national squad. That's got to count for something. Something like 5-10 million in pounds. :)

Anyhow, I seriously think we'll be selling Lucas go for any amount, let alone 4m.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #25: Nov 04, 2010 01:17:08 am

You think it's too much don't you? ;)

Seriously though - I've heard a few Brazilian journos raving over his appearances for the national side recently (must admit I didn't watch them myself), plus the fact that arguably he has been one of our better outfield players.  Certainly excluding Skrtel and Kyrgiakos.

Clearly he is not Pele - but at the moment he puts in 100% and he is keeping Poulsen out the side.  For those two reasons alone, plus the fact he seems one of the most decent players off the pitch, for me he is not for sale.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #26: Nov 04, 2010 02:19:56 am
      Not for sale.  If you've really got your heart set on a holding midfielder though, we can work something out next season.  He's a little older and available for half the price ;D
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 04, 2010 03:35:44 am
      id love it if rafa came in for him. but seriously... 4 mil? poulsen cost more then that!
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 04, 2010 05:34:21 am
      4m ,grow a pair. he is Brazils starting CM and poulsen cost 5M and Lucas is heaps better than poulsen
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 04, 2010 08:20:50 am
      a year or two ago I'd of been happy for him to go on a free! but he's picked up slightly so I'd say 7 million is fair
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Nov 04, 2010 09:55:02 am
      Double the 4 and we'll think about it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Nov 04, 2010 01:03:51 pm
      They can't afford that, AR. They blew their budget on the wizard that is Kenwyne Jones!

Sorry, Tony. Not for sale. The only 'bite' in our midfield.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #32: Nov 04, 2010 06:22:52 pm
      Double the 4 and we'll think about it.

I wouldn't even think about it below £10M but to be honest I don't think we should sell him as I think this will be the season Lucas becomes an excellent player and Stoke is way below what he should be aiming for.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #33: Nov 04, 2010 06:31:59 pm
      Sorry, Tony. Not for sale. The only 'bite' in our midfield.

True.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 05, 2010 02:37:01 pm
      4m ,grow a pair. he is Brazils starting CM and poulsen cost 5M and Lucas is heaps better than poulsen

We were roundly fleeced in paying 5 million for a very bad thirty year old footballer, but it is true that Lucas is a better player.  That said, I think I'm a better player than Poulsen...if only I was Danish...
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #35: Nov 05, 2010 03:12:03 pm
      I hope the end of this conversation goes like this.....

"Hmmm you like Lucas? Well look no further for quality. If you think Lucas is good, you should really look at one Christian Poulsen. He is exactly what your team needs and is a bargain deal for you at just 5 million pounds!"
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #36: Nov 05, 2010 09:42:57 pm
      I hope the end of this conversation goes like this.....

"Hmmm you like Lucas? Well look no further for quality. If you think Lucas is good, you should really look at one Christian Poulsen. He is exactly what your team needs and is a bargain deal for you at just 5 million pounds!"

:D

Nice!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #37: Nov 05, 2010 10:35:50 pm
      He wouldn't go to Stoke anyway. This is not going to happen.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #38: Nov 06, 2010 11:33:34 pm
      ^ Stranger things have happened. If Woy offers him around then he might no have a choice.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #39: Nov 06, 2010 11:46:01 pm
      ^ Stranger things have happened. If Woy offers him around then he might no have a choice.

That may be true but I would be so dissapointed to see Lucas playing for the likes of Stoke. I know many on here don't rate him but I do and if he didn't make it with us, which I think he will, he would be an excellent player in Seria A or La Liga.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Nov 06, 2010 11:48:58 pm
      I feel the same mate. It'd be a shame to see someone who actually cares about the club and puts his body on the line every time for us leave. He's been fantastic this season and often the only one who puts in a performance for 90 minutes.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Nov 07, 2010 10:28:48 am
      Come on Crouch he has played 2 good games and other than that he has been appalling very strange how you can say he has been fantastic, teams like Stoke bid for Lucas because they feel they have a good change of getting him. No top teams have an ounce of interest in the lad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Nov 07, 2010 12:23:42 pm
      Teams also try their luck with players who they think they might be able to take advantage of their situation.

Did New York really think they could tempt Thierry Henry to them no worries? Or Trezeguet to Hercules in the summer? Teams try their luck and sometimes it pays off. If Lucas is not in favour at our club, other clubs will tempt him with an important role and guaranteed football.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #43: Nov 07, 2010 12:29:55 pm
      I feel the same mate. It'd be a shame to see someone who actually cares about the club and puts his body on the line every time for us leave. He's been fantastic this season and often the only one who puts in a performance for 90 minutes.

I agree. It's important to have players like these in the squad. I am not Lucas' greatest fan but he is a decent player and he's been playing better lately.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #44: Nov 07, 2010 12:58:56 pm
      To be fair.

I know my fellow Liverpool fans slate Lucas but I think he has improved and we are starting to see the better of him.

We should keep him and show faith in him - he'll come good trust me on this one!!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #45: Nov 07, 2010 01:07:38 pm
      Come on Crouch he has played 2 good games and other than that he has been appalling

I think to say he has been appalling is a bit much. I know you don't rate him Corbally but he was one of our better players last season and although started poorly this season he has been excellent over the last couple of games.

I can see all his potential but he just needs the confidence to fulfil it. He does go missing in games and can get dominated by the better midfielders in the league but I think this is more down to confidence than any lack of ability.

Quick Reply